[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 9/18/2020 at 9:41 PM, Dazza1 said:

Hi I struggled like mad to find those files on there site it’s not the best I have no idea where they have that one is hiding :( Yep think I have to open my eye it’s been a long night ;) but where do you install it in root terminal of unraid as you can’t bash into any of the containers as they are can’t spin up. AND BREATH I've sorted it thanks found this! reverse proxy doesn't seem to work with Sonnar so i can route it through the container anymore need to figure out how to get that working again and if i can find a bitcoin wallet that doesn't charge a fee to spend and that i can put say a £5 a month (Anyone Offer Help on the bitcoin front?) info below has downloads working thanks to the person that made this template.

Mullvad VPN for Unraid

0) Go to https://mullvad.net/en/download/#linux <-- Latest Link when I made this guide or just go to your mullvad account page

1) Download your mullvad VPN files by clicking "GenerateOpenVPN configuration files"  . Make sure to keep "Use IP addresses" and "Connect via our bridges" left unchecked

2) Unzip the downloaded file.

3) Move all four files (you should have four) to appdata/deluge/openvpn

3a) change the file extension of mullvad_<whatever region you selected>.conf to mullvad_<whatever region you selected>.ovpn

3b) Open mullvad_<whatever region you selected>.ovpn with a text editor and add the following lines to the bottom:

pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"

3c) save the file.

4) In your deluge container, edit the following settings:

4a) Key 1 (VPN_ENABLED) should be set to "yes"

4b) Key 2 (VPN_USER) should be your Mullvad account number; a 16 digit number you received when you set up your Mullvad account which also can be found in mullvad_userpass.txt.

4b+)Do not include the "m" as shown in the .txt file, just the 16 digit account number.

4c) Key 3 (VPN_PASS) same account number as Key 2, no "m".

4d) Key 4 (VPN_PROV) set to "custom"

4e) Key 6 (STRICT_PORT_FORWARD) set to "yes"

4f) Key 8 (LAN_NETWORK) put the first 3 numbers of your routers IP (most likely 192.168.1) followed by .0/24 (example "192.168.1.0/24")

5) Apply and restart deluge

For faster Downloads, Mullvad supports port forwarding. This can be done by:

6) Go to the mullvad.net homepage, and under your account, you'll see "Manage Ports and Wireguard keys"

6a) It was this link when I created the guide: https://mullvad.net/en/account/ports/

7) Click "add port" and then copy the port that it spits out.

8) Go to the deluge UI and under preferences / network, change "Incoming Port" to:

8a) Uncheck "Use Random Port" and put in the port you copied.

9) You're done

This was helpful but trying to do something similar w/ wireguard /port forwarding nstead. When generating a wireguard config file on their website am i to expect an .opvn i can then drop in the deluge openvpn folder? I took an initial stab doing the following on their website:

1. Choose platform: Windows

2. Generated a Wireguard key

3. Selected a close proximity city as my exit location and all their listed servers for that location.

4. Left advanced as is.

4. Generated my zip archive.

After unzipping i found server conf files but no opvn. Is opvn only for OpenVPN (whcih would make sense but now leaves me uncertain as where to go from here).

Is there a helpful tutorial or can someone kindly point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Edited by pimogo
context

Hi all, I've not used Deluge for quite some time but when I've come to go into the UI tonight it won't load - has anything changed recently in terms of the PIA settings?

Apologies if this is already addressed in the last few pages but sadly my knowledge is limited and I haven't been able to follow some of the posts!

I seem to remember the UI not loading a couple of months ago and it was fixed by my generating a new username and password with PIA and replacing a file for a different country for it to connect through (something to do with port forwarding if memory serves!)

If I edit the docker container and disable the VPN then it boots into the UI just fine!!

Can anyone walk me through getting it back up and running with PIA?

Thanks.....

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Post your supervisord log. Be sure to redact user name and password.

Happy to....if you can tell me how to find the log and how to radact? (sorry - I did warn you that you are dealing with a complete pudding!)

*update* - I clicked on the log button from the docker list and there is a bit at the bottom that says the Berlin end point is now shutdown - is this what you were after?

Edited by stevep94
3 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Happy to....if you can tell me how to find the log and how to radact? (sorry - I did warn you that you are dealing with a complete pudding!)

*update* - I clicked on the log button from the docker list and there is a bit at the bottom that says the Berlin end point is now shutdown - is this what you were after?

Try another endpoint then. If that doesn't work post back.

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Try another endpoint then. If that doesn't work post back.

I seem to remember it had to be one that supported port forwarding? I think last time I changed it from Netherlands to Berlin because it was suggested in this thread - any idea which country/server is the best to put in?

1 minute ago, stevep94 said:

Right, I'm definitely working with the most up to date docker image - copied the ca.toronto.ovpn file into the openvpn folder - do I also need to copy the "ca.rsa.2048" file and the "pem" file from the openvpn.zip folder too?

Might as well. These are the new next-gen files that you just downloaded fro PIA right?

Just now, stevep94 said:

I had already found the zip file full of the ovpn files but I used the link on the page you linked to just to be on the safe side!

I've copied the 3 files in question into the openvpn folder (this time using France) but I still can't get the UI to load!

Post the redacted supervisord log. It’s in the same folder as your OpenVPN folder was.

Scratch that - I did a bit more reading on the link you posted, more specifically Q16 as I was seeing the "AUTH_FAILED" error in the log - it seems to suggest that I no longer use the generated "SOCKS" username and password but should put my PIA username and password in now - is that right?

I've put these in and the UI is now loading fine - although I've no idea if anything will download/upload and moreover whether PIA is actually doing it's job in masking my IP address?

If the above is correct, what is the best way to check if a) the server I've chosen supports portforwarding and b) PIA is actually working as it should?

35 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Scratch that - I did a bit more reading on the link you posted, more specifically Q16 as I was seeing the "AUTH_FAILED" error in the log - it seems to suggest that I no longer use the generated "SOCKS" username and password but should put my PIA username and password in now - is that right?

I've put these in and the UI is now loading fine - although I've no idea if anything will download/upload and moreover whether PIA is actually doing it's job in masking my IP address?

If the above is correct, what is the best way to check if a) the server I've chosen supports portforwarding and b) PIA is actually working as it should?

Right. You need to use the same user/password that you use for the PIA website.

• Thanks 1