[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I just tried to switch to using Wireguard from my VPN Provider. I made a .conf file that works fine when I test it from my laptop and I dropped it in the wireguard folder. Deluge doesn't want to use it though, it just wont start. It renamed the file to wg0.conf. Logs:

2020-12-27 15:26:34.989348 [info] System information Linux 46f19ca4e7a6 5.10.1-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Dec 17 11:41:39 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-12-27 15:26:35.018259 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.046192 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.091854 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.141391 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.162540 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-12-27 15:26:35.207769 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-12-27 15:26:35.234431 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.258965 [info] VPN_CLIENT defined as 'wireguard'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.285307 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'custom'
2020-12-27 15:26:35.321662 [info] WireGuard config file (conf extension) is located at /config/wireguard/wg0.conf
2020-12-27 15:26:35.357376 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/wireguard/wg0.conf does not contain 'Endpoint' line, showing contents of file before exit...

17 hours ago, voicelex said:

Hello, I've been scanning through the last several pages but can't seem to figure out what wrong on my end. My speeds have been so slow for a few weeks now and even after migrating from the :test image I had used as a temporary fix to the newest one via update just now, I am still either not being connected to very busy torrents or getting terrible speeds. Any help would be appreciated, thanks for all your work binhex and other devs!

Unraid 6.8.3

latest binhex-delugevpn

ExpressVPN with a .ovpn file and credentials.conf

Happy to post logs but the only flags I'm seeing are just depreciated features relating to OVPN 2.6 and cipher options

Unraid 6.8.3? Might be your problem.

4 minutes ago, voicelex said:

Can you be more specific? This appears to be the latest stable version and I've not had any other issues with it. Is there a known issue with 6.8.3 and this docker?

6.9 is incredibly stable and can help out with a lot of drivers for NICs, etc. It runs on a way newer linux kernal than 6.8.3. If you're using unraid to store some important files, then I could understand not wanting to break the fix ain't broken. 

15 minutes ago, YEAHHWAY said:

6.9 is incredibly stable and can help out with a lot of drivers for NICs, etc. It runs on a way newer linux kernal than 6.8.3. If you're using unraid to store some important files, then I could understand not wanting to break the fix ain't broken. 

Good to know. So is this known to cause issues with download speeds in deluge over a vpn connection? Just seems more likely to be a deluge issue? Since I wasn't having the issue on 6.8.3 until the deluge update that broke it entirely and was temporarily fixed by the :test branch, but has since been resolved in the newest docker image.

Good to know. So is this known to cause issues with download speeds in deluge over a vpn connection? Just seems more likely to be a deluge issue? Since I wasn't having the issue on 6.8.3 until the deluge update that broke it entirely and was temporarily fixed by the :test branch, but has since been resolved in the newest docker image.
There are no known issues with this docker image and unraid stable v6.8.3

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and to Unraid in general, got to say I have been reading a lot of posts here and this is an excellent community :)

So I have I finally installed Pfsense firewall in my network, and started seperating the Unraid server from the rest of home network,

My question is it possible to configure in the Binhex VPN dockers (DelugeVPN and Privproxy) multiple LAN_Netowrk ?

I want to be able to access the Web UI from both my home LAN, and my Unraid LAN (i.e 10.10.14.0/24 and 10.10.20.0/24).

If not is it possible to add iptables rule under INPUT in additional command when docker start\updates, etc..?

Thanks in advance.

Just got DelugeVPN up and running but cannot get my previously completed torrents to load w/o Deluge wanting to download them all over again.  All of my completed torrents reside on a disk within my share and I've turned off my cache drive.

I'm not using the /data container path because I want my files going directly to the share.  I added separate container paths within the Deluge settings.

Is there a proper method for reloading torrents in Deluge?  Force recheck doesn't seem to check the directory and Deluge starts downloading the file again, thus creating a duplicate.  Also, what is the purpose of the 'stats' folder and torrents within it?

1 hour ago, Jacon said:

Just got DelugeVPN up and running but cannot get my previously completed torrents to load w/o Deluge wanting to download them all over again.  All of my completed torrents reside on a disk within my share and I've turned off my cache drive.

I'm not using the /data container path because I want my files going directly to the share.  I added separate container paths within the Deluge settings.

Is there a proper method for reloading torrents in Deluge?  Force recheck doesn't seem to check the directory and Deluge starts downloading the file again, thus creating a duplicate.  Also, what is the purpose of the 'stats' folder and torrents within it?

Deluge should check the location you have configured for downloads and as long as that file is in that location it won't download it again.

I can no longer access my webui, but thankfully I know exactly what I did to screw it up. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to undo it. I was following instructions from someone else about getting a different app to work with deluge, and they suggested that I click the box and enable SSL. I did not fill in the key or the cert boxes. I then restarted deluge. And now I can no longer pull up the webui, so I can't unclick the damn box. How do I go about fixing this?

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Do you have VPN enabled?

I have it disabled. When VPN/Wireguard enabled I think the network traffic are managed by the vpn application so the deluge port settings use ramdon ports go through the VPN not the 58946 ports on the docker host machine makes sense. 

But when you are not using vpn, and the port mapping from the host to the container is 58946 to 58946 port, why we don't put 58946 in the deluge network incoming/outgoing settings but it remains random port? Will it be mapped again by docker, say deluge random port to container 58946 to host 58946?

I pulling my hair out here. It seems that I've been having the same issue as several others in here in that Deluge will start downloading but speeds drop off to zero within a matter of seconds. I'm trying to apply the Wireguard fix but I can't make heads or tails of the first step (A21 from binhex's awesome guide):

Change Docker parameter from --cap-add=NET_ADMIN to --privileged=true (WireGuard requires privileged permissions).

I don't see that option in the docker parameters and I can't find a file that has that line in it. I think I could handle the rest.

Here's my log if that helps troubleshoot.

By the way, thank you very much, binhex, for all your great work! I use several of your dockers.

supervisord-no pwds.log

27 minutes ago, whitewraith said:

Look at the advanced docker parameters. Its a little toggle upper right hand side when u edit the docker. Then u will see the line you need to change.

Do you mean sliding the Privileged button to green? If so, it's already there. I guess I can move on to the next step. Thanks!

Here are the rest of my settings in case someone can spot a problem.

Deluge docker.jpg

Well, that didn't work either. I even tried a couple of different endpoints on this side of the pond as well in addition to amsterdam. Transfer rates go up then come right back down.

I also use NZBGet and that works like a champ, so I don't suspect a PIA issue.

Edited by Vance
2 hours ago, Vance said:

I even tried a couple of different endpoints on this side of the pond as well in addition to amsterdam. Transfer rates go up then come right back down.

Did you delete the files for the original endpoint before adding the other ones? If you have more than one, it will just take the first one. So you may not have actually switched endpoints. You need to only have one listed at a time. 

9 hours ago, whitewraith said:

I meant the advanced slider in the upper right corner.

See in the pic where it's on advanced settings?

7 hours ago, jebusfreek666 said:

Did you delete the files for the original endpoint before adding the other ones? If you have more than one, it will just take the first one. So you may not have actually switched endpoints. You need to only have one listed at a time. 

Yes. I tweaked wg0.conf, deleted the old one, and then copied the new one over.

After setting up Wireguard using the instructions above, I'm getting an error in the logs that my Public Key is blank. Looking at wg0.conf, it is indeed blank on the Public Key line. Container is set to privileged, added the new key for wireguard and I'm at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Of note - I'm running this in Portainer but its essentially all the same otherwise. 

Edit: I notice that my Address line is blank under "interface" as well. If I use the container console I can generate new private and public keys but they do not get stored into wg0.conf nor do I think it is helpful for the purposes of this exercise. Another point of info - when starting the container, it says that it is attempting to connect to the PIA Wireguard API, hangs and then moves on - I'm not actually sure it is connecting or not. There are no errors to be seen but perhaps that's what is not happening? I'm just lost so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by joeloooiz