[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

2 hours ago, odyseus8 said:

First of all thanks binhex for such a good docker. 

About my problem, I've started using a VPN (Surfshark to be exact) for the last couple of weeks. In the first week I didn't seem to have any problem regarding the connection and especially the speed of the downloads. But for the last 2 weeks or so whenever I enable VPN my download speeds fall down to 30-40 Kib/s where it should be around 3 Mib/s. If I disable the VPN and restart the docker the speed increases back to normal. If then I re-enable VPN speeds decrease once again. I also speedtested same endpoints with same VPN provider on my windows computer and the speed results seems fine. I suppose there is something wrong in my prefences and/or config files. Can anyone offer any help. If any info is needed for me to share please let me know. Thanks. 

If you haven't done so already, work through all the suggestions under Q6 here: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

7 hours ago, Jorgen said:

If you haven't done so already, work through all the suggestions under Q6 here: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Thanks for the answer I had done most of the bulletpoints previously but this time around I changed strict port forwarding to "no" and now I have great upload speeds but have 0 download speed. Also don't have much of a clue what to do regarding Name_Servers if anything is needed or not. If you have any further suggestions please help. 

1 -  I don't know what to do in order to define the incoming port correctly. I didn't change any major settings. As far as I know Surfshark(VPN service I use) doesn't support port forwarding but when I change the Strict_Port_Forward to "no" upload speeds are great but no download speeds. In supervised.log it says it is listening on port 58846( not sure if this is the incoming port or not)

2- - I tried both with 2/3 upload rate and unlimited upload rate. No luck there.

3-  The VPN provider is already using the correct cipher as far as I know.

4- I didn't install the itconfig plugin but if its a must I can do that.

5-  "Rate limit IP overhead" is unticked as advised

6- The disks don't have any fragmentation problem checked and verified.

7- Using the default Name_Servers as I mentioned not sure how to change or modify them. SHould I just add, ,8.8.8.8 at the end for google DNS or just delete all and only add 1 name.

8- I'm not using a mirrored cache pool.

9- My router is only a couple of months old so don't think it could cause this problem.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

P.s. I have noticed this error on deluge for most of the torrents, maybe its relevant. "Non-authoritative 'Host not found' (try again or check DNS setup)"

Also some of the torrrents have Tracker Status:  Error: "End of file" error 

Edited by odyseus8
New error addition
7 hours ago, Jorgen said:

So apart from #3, try the below as wg0.conf. Although I'm pretty sure it will fail still because of #3.

So, I just got it to work. Turns out the .conf was somehow corrupted during copying and I had to manually change it. Some random characters were added in my file. BTW, for others: My file worked as I posted it.

As for #3; I manually changed the IP before posting here(sorry, I should've said so). Thanks so much for the help!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, odyseus8 said:

1 -  I don't know what to do in order to define the incoming port correctly. I didn't change any major settings. As far as I know Surfshark(VPN service I use) doesn't support port forwarding but when I change the Strict_Port_Forward to "no" upload speeds are great but no download speeds. In supervised.log it says it is listening on port 58846( not sure if this is the incoming port or not)

This is almost certainly the main problem. If surfshark doesn't support port forwarding your speeds will be slow, sorry. Maybe someone else is using surfshark and can confirm if they have managed to get good speeds despite this?

Strict_port_forward is only used with port forwarding so you might as well leave it at "no"

4- I didn't install the itconfig plugin but if its a must I can do that.

It has definetly helped others, so it's worth a shot. But you really are fighting an uphill battle without port forwarding.

7- Using the default Name_Servers as I mentioned not sure how to change or modify them. SHould I just add, ,8.8.8.8 at the end for google DNS or just delete all and only add 1 name.

P.s. I have noticed this error on deluge for most of the torrents, maybe its relevant. "Non-authoritative 'Host not found' (try again or check DNS setup)"

So this is worth pursuing for sure, due to the error you're seeing. The defaults include PIA name servers, which I think have been depreciated by now. There are also other considerations, i.e. don't use google, see Notes at the bottom of this page: https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn

Try replacing the name servers with this:

If the error persists, it's likely something wrong with your DNS settings for unraid itself.

Also some of the torrrents have Tracker Status:  Error: "End of file" error 

No idea about this one, sorry

Hi guys and happy New Year. First of all I would like to thank Binhex for his great docker images.

I am new to this unraid, linux, docker thing so please bare with the newbie a bit.

I am trying to get deluge to execute a python script upon completion of a torrent. After setting it up i get the following message

13:51:40.949 [ERROR   ][deluge_execute.core           :145 ] Execute script not found or not executable

I have given permissions for the script (chmode +x) and it does work if run from the command line.

But doesnt seem to run from the execute plugin.

Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks

2 minutes ago, nfragol said:

thanks Binhex.

I am using this command:

python /config/nzbToMedia/TorrentToMedia.py

This appears to work from the command line

the problem is with 'python', there is no path when running scripts like this so you have to explicitly define the absolute path to all files, so try this instead:-

/usr/sbin/python /config/nzbToMedia/TorrentToMedia.py

4 hours ago, Jorgen said:

This is almost certainly the main problem. If surfshark doesn't support port forwarding your speeds will be slow, sorry. Maybe someone else is using surfshark and can confirm if they have managed to get good speeds despite this?

Strict_port_forward is only used with port forwarding so you might as well leave it at "no"

It has definetly helped others, so it's worth a shot. But you really are fighting an uphill battle without port forwarding.

So this is worth pursuing for sure, due to the error you're seeing. The defaults include PIA name servers, which I think have been depreciated by now. There are also other considerations, i.e. don't use google, see Notes at the bottom of this page: https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn

Try replacing the name servers with this:

If the error persists, it's likely something wrong with your DNS settings for unraid itself.

No idea about this one, sorry

Thank you for your help,

As far as I understand my main problem was not being to able to port forward. So I searched and found PrivateVPN which provides that option. I bought a 30 day trial period just to try with deluge but again I'm out of luck. I just changed the ovpn files and certificates and also used your new name_servers and activated Strict_port_forward, but again I'm not able to download. Probably there is more changes I should have done but not sure what to change without breaking the system completely.

ok I tried to look more into it. As far as I understand PrivateVpn "servers with OpenVPN TAP + UDP" offers this for particular ovpn locations. When I try to use one these ovpn files.

these errors come up on deluge log which prevents it from starting.

2021-01-04 17:20:34 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.

2021-01-04 17:21:39 --cipher is not set. Previous OpenVPN version defaulted to BF-CBC as fallback when cipher negotiation failed in this case. If you need this fallback please add '--data-ciphers-fallback BF-CBC' to your configuration and/or add BF-CBC to --data-ciphers.

2021-01-04 17:21:39 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2021-01-04 17:21:44 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.

really not sure how to cope with these errors or if they are related at all.

If I prefer a OPENVPN + TUN connection there all these errors go away but yet again I can't increase my download speed.

Edited by odyseus8
Just now, nfragol said:

No, I am referring to the console for the container.

ok and permissions for the folder '/config/nzbToMedia' and also for the file 'TorrentToMedia.py' are set to what? - keep in mind console for the container will be running as root, whereas deluge runs (by default) as user 'nobody'

Ok, would someone explain to me how to connect a Deluge thin client. Like I'm five, apparently.

• I've edited /appdata/binhex-delugevpn/auth to include bob:bobspassword:10 on the line under localhost:blah-blah:10
  • port 58846 is mapped in/out the delugevpn container
  • I'm connected to PIA via Wireguard successfully
  • I can access WebUI through unRAIDip:8112 and add/download/upload torrents properly
  • I can access delugevpn through sonarr/radarr and they can add folders/labels

I can't, for the life of me, get my Deluge client (Win10) to access deluged through unraidIP:58846 with bob:bobspassword credentials. Only showing red dot next to the saved entry in the connection panel. 

Is there another password set I should be using, or something I need to enable.

Again, like I'm five.

Erik

22 minutes ago, ainuke said:

Ok, would someone explain to me how to connect a Deluge thin client. Like I'm five, apparently.

It’s my understanding that deluge v2 hasn’t been released for Windows. Maybe this isn’t correct. If you’re running deluge v1 on your windows machine you won’t be able to use the thin client. WebUI only.

Thank you for your help,

As far as I understand my main problem was not being to able to port forward. So I searched and found PrivateVPN which provides that option. I bought a 30 day trial period just to try with deluge but again I'm out of luck. I just changed the ovpn files and certificates and also used your new name_servers and activated Strict_port_forward, but again I'm not able to download. Probably there is more changes I should have done but not sure what to change without breaking the system completely.

ok I tried to look more into it. As far as I understand PrivateVpn "servers with OpenVPN TAP + UDP" offers this for particular ovpn locations. When I try to use one these ovpn files.

these errors come up on deluge log which prevents it from starting.

2021-01-04 17:20:34 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.

2021-01-04 17:21:39 --cipher is not set. Previous OpenVPN version defaulted to BF-CBC as fallback when cipher negotiation failed in this case. If you need this fallback please add '--data-ciphers-fallback BF-CBC' to your configuration and/or add BF-CBC to --data-ciphers.

2021-01-04 17:21:39 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2021-01-04 17:21:44 WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.

really not sure how to cope with these errors or if they are related at all.

If I prefer a OPENVPN + TUN connection there all these errors go away but yet again I can't increase my download speed.

I'm not familiar with PrivateVPN, so not sure how much help I can offer on this. Have you considered using PIA instead?

Either way, I think we need to see more detailed logs at this point, can you follow this guide and post the results please? Remember to redact your user name and password from the logs before posting!

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

3 hours ago, ainuke said:

• I've edited /appdata/binhex-delugevpn/auth to include bob:bobspassword:10 on the line under localhost:blah-blah:10
  • port 58846 is mapped in/out the delugevpn container
  • I'm connected to PIA via Wireguard successfully
  • I can access WebUI through unRAIDip:8112 and add/download/upload torrents properly
  • I can access delugevpn through sonarr/radarr and they can add folders/labels

I can't, for the life of me, get my Deluge client (Win10) to access deluged through unraidIP:58846 with bob:bobspassword credentials. Only showing red dot next to the saved entry in the connection panel. 

Is there another password set I should be using, or something I need to enable.

Again, like I'm five.

Erik

I assume that you are using the latest version of Deluge in unraid which is 2.x.x

If so you should use this link 

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55776&p=232351#p23235

to download the unofficial latest version of thin client to be able to connect to your unraid.

The official version is not compatible with newer versions. Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, wgstarks said:

It’s my understanding that deluge v2 hasn’t been released for Windows. Maybe this isn’t correct. If you’re running deluge v1 on your windows machine you won’t be able to use the thin client. WebUI only.

Well, that's just balls.

You're right, I'm on 1.3, unless I want to roll my own. HaHa, yeah right.

Thanks for the reality check.

I assume that you are using the latest version of Deluge in unraid which is 2.x.x

If so you should use this link 

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55776&p=232351#p23235

to download the unofficial latest version of thin client to be able to connect to your unraid.

The official version is not compatible with newer versions. Hope this helps.

Thank you, that works awesome. I think I just peed myself a little with how easy it was. It even saw my daemon without having to configure anything!