[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

11 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think it should use instead of iptables? They seem well suited to the task at hand of stopping any data leaking outside the VPN tunnel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair question - firewalld is my response.  But I come from EL7/EL8 land, and firewalld replaced iptables there.

7 hours ago, nothanks said:

Do we have any solutions or ideas regarding privoxy constantly restarting?

2021-02-28 13:27:15,678 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

fo] Privoxy not running

2021-02-28 13:27:15,681 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-02-28 13:27:16,692 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] Privoxy process started

[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-02-28 13:27:16,701 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

2021-02-28 13:27:46,797 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

fo] Privoxy not running

2021-02-28 13:27:46,800 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-02-28 13:27:47,811 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-02-28 13:27:47,820 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

I also found this in the logs:

2021-02-28 20:46:00.991 7f7e625b81c0 Fatal error: can't bind to INADDR_ANY:8118: There may be another Privoxy or some other proxy running on port 8118

Any ideas? This was working prior to the recent release and I see a few other people have reported the privoxy restarting issue as well.

Fair question - firewalld is my response.  But I come from EL7/EL8 land, and firewalld replaced iptables there.

I see, learn something new everyday. This container is based on arch which seems to support firewalld, but that’s obviously up to binhex what to use. From all the effort he’s put into the iptables I’d hazard a guess that he’s not keen to change it anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15 hours ago, wgstarks said:

You should attach a screenshot of the run command along with the failure message. Blank out any passwords/users.

sorry for the delay:  just reran the command and I am surprise that it has worked.

image.png.44cc5de5d0d787d8155a924407d47b75.png

image.png.5236097d5a0c31d43523c3fca59a99b8.png

and I just tested my Sonarr and Radarr and both are communication with deluge again.

Edited by chris_netsmart

I have deluge up and running with the new version. Sab/Radarr/Sonarr can all communicate and I changed everything to local host and added the additional ports. All good. I run curl they all come out of the VPN. Containers are connected to Deluge with --net=container:Delugevpn. I saw some other posts but no resolution on how to get Radarr/Sonarr to talk to plex  for media updates that are not running through a VPN. I would prefer not to have plex run through the VPN. Any advice out there?

I have deluge up and running with the new version. Sab/Radarr/Sonarr can all communicate and I changed everything to local host and added the additional ports. All good. I run curl they all come out of the VPN. Containers are connected to Deluge with --net=container:Delugevpn. I saw some other posts but no resolution on how to get Radarr/Sonarr to talk to plex  for media updates that are not running through a VPN. I would prefer not to have plex run through the VPN. Any advice out there?
I am looking into s possible solution to this but it's going to take some time as I need to test it thoroughly.

Sent from my iPlay_40 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

If i am force rechecking hundreds of torrents some of them will sometimes start downloading for a split second EVEN THOUGH theyre PAUSED.

This sometimes overwrites the already correct download with a new file and i'll have to download the entire thing again

any way to fix this?

7n45NGW.png

when force rechecking it should NEVER start downloading if the initial state is paused.

6 hours ago, nothanks said:

Is anyone else seeing privoxy restarting every 30s? Not sure where to troubleshoot, any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, it's happening to me too. I found the same Privoxy binding error you got in the privoxy.log file. Very annoying, but seems harmless. So far, anyways...

17 hours ago, Ericjr said:

My solution to this is to keep running the privoxy until a solution is developed. You can do this with the new version of Deluge, you just need to add your network IP range to the 'Ignored Addresses' parameter in Radarr/Sonarr.

2021-03-02 08_18_14-Window.png

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Burizado said:

My solution to this is to keep running the privoxy until a solution is developed. You can do this with the new version of Deluge, you just need to add your network IP range to the 'Ignored Addresses' parameter in Radarr/Sonarr.

2021-03-02 08_18_14-Window.png

Outstanding. I had read previous posts about using the ignored address but I hadn’t needed it until now. Worked great.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, so a few hours of reading and trying things out leads me to think that privoxy is broken! I've changed Jackett to use the delugeVPN container network so I can switch off proxy in jackett and sonarr/radarr etc meaning they now connect to jackett for indexing ok! And Plex ok! The only container I'm trying to proxy is bazarr, but when I look up location through its console it reports as my home not Toronto like it should? Both DelugeVPN and Jackett report as Toronto! Also in ignored addresses wildcards don't work for me, I have to put the ip address of my server for Bazarr to be able to connect with Sonarr and Radarr! My log shows privoxy restarting all the time. I see others are reporting the same, any idea on the issue? Or is it a bug?

Cheers.

Tim

2021-03-02 20:48:44,275 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:14,451 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2021-03-02 20:49:14,452 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:15,470 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:15,471 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:15,479 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:45,610 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:45,611 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:46,615 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:46,616 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:49:46,618 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:50:16,783 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:50:16,784 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:50:17,789 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-02 20:50:17,794 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

55 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

Hi, so a few hours of reading and trying things out leads me to think that privoxy is broken!

This is not accurate.  I have everything still running under the privoxy setup.  The change that is needed though is you need to add your network IP range into the 'Ignored Addresses' parameter in Radarr/Sonarr.  There is not an option in Jackett for this that I found.

For reference I tested the new setup routing Jackett/Radarr/Sonarr through Deluge but Radarr and Sonarr are unable to communicate with containers outside the VPN, mainly Plex in may case.  I did not want to run my Plex container through Deluge, but I am assuming it might work if you did that.  Also I run 2 containers of Radarr and the new setup did not like having 2 of the same container running through Deluge.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:08 PM, TRusselo said:

rolled back to binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.4.dev38_g23a48dd01-3-01
and working again.

Where do you run that? On terminal or console for deluged? Having issues with sonar and radar connecting and would like to try this version and see if it fixed my issue. Thank you. 

42 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

Where do you run that? On terminal or console for deluged? Having issues with sonar and radar connecting and would like to try this version and see if it fixed my issue. Thank you. 

You enter a colon after the name in the repository field and then the version tag. Then click apply. The tagged version will be installed.

• Like 1