[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6 hours ago, Odessa said:

Hello, both Sonarr and Radarr recently have been unable to connect to Deluge. Both return the following error under System:

I suspect this may be related to Privoxy, as my Deluge log shows the following repeating over and over:

2021-03-04 19:35:47,139 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2021-03-04 19:35:47,143 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-03-04 19:35:48,153 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-03-04 19:35:48,159 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

Up until recently everything was working fine. My VPN is PIA. Anyone know where to start?

see recommended post at the top of this page.

Hi, 

I am having issues with Deluge and the support button on the container send me here. 

Deluge is downloading fine but completed downloads are not removed. As a result my hdd fills up and it stops downloading. I have seeding set to 0 so when they are done downloading they should stop all activity. 

I am using Binhex Sonarr. Sonarr is moving the dowloads but not removing them from Deluge. 

I tried installing the autoremoveplus plugin but Deluge does not accept the .egg file. It just creates an [objectfilelist].

Could anyone help me figuring out why completed downloads are not deleted? 

Just pulled the latest image for Binhex-DelugeVPN since it was no longer working (guessing because of the change), but this latest versions doesn't work for me either.

I am not running any other containers though it and I am not using privoxy. As far as I am aware in this case I shouldn't need to change anything right?

Currently the DelugeVPN is eating up 8%! of my cpu (so i pulled it offline), opening the container logs causes my entire browser to freeze. It looks like the container is just infinitely trying to boot up.

The logs show: "Options error: Maximum number of 'remote' options (64) exceeded". Repeating infinitely.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, oko2708 said:

Just pulled the latest image for Binhex-DelugeVPN since it was no longer working (guessing because of the change), but this latest versions doesn't work for me either.

I am not running any other containers though it and I am not using privoxy. As far as I am aware in this case I shouldn't need to change anything right?

Currently the DelugeVPN is eating up 8%! of my cpu (so i pulled it offline), opening the container logs causes my entire browser to freeze. It looks like the container is just infinitely trying to boot up.

The logs show: "Options error: Maximum number of 'remote' options (64) exceeded". Repeating infinitely.

Any suggestions?

please do the following:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

I'm on :latest, but I don't have an 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' option? What gives?

I mean, Q24 says: "Edit 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' env var and put applications Web UI port number in the 'value', if multiple ports required then use a comma to separate."

On a side note - this is kind of hell for a newb Unraid user tbh. I'm new to Unraid and I'm in hour 4 trying to get this fixed, but I'm just going deeper down the rabbit hole.

After finding this topic I changed the localhost and additional ports etc. But Sonarr (connecting to Delugevpn) couldn't connect to Sabnzbd (outside VPN network). Nothing was working. Finally decided to roll back but accidentally put a "~" in front of the version to pull. This resulted in a deleted Delugevpn container... First time for everything, right...  Re-installing it, restoring appdata, nothing gave me back my previous setup. Appdata was intact, but the container was just not showing any of my old settings. No idea which search terms I needed to use to get this to work again so I decided for now to setup Delugevpn from the ground up (rewatching Spaceinvader's video) and find out later what I did wrong when restoring the backup. I followed the steps in de Q&A section, but like I said, now I don't see any "additional_ports" option is there. Kind of frustrating. Bouncing of the walls while falling to the bottom haha.

3 minutes ago, Squnkraid said:

I'm on :latest, but I don't have an 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' option? What gives?

I mean, Q24 says: "Edit 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' env var and put applications Web UI port number in the 'value', if multiple ports required then use a comma to separate."

On a side note - this is kind of hell for a newb Unraid user tbh. I'm new to Unraid and I'm in hour 4 trying to get this fixed, but I'm just going deeper down the rabbit hole.

After finding this topic I changed the localhost and additional ports etc. But Sonarr (connecting to Delugevpn) couldn't connect to Sabnzbd (outside VPN network). Nothing was working. Finally decided to roll back but accidentally put a "~" in front of the version to pull. This resulted in a deleted Delugevpn container... First time for everything, right...  Re-installing it, restoring appdata, nothing gave me back my previous setup. Appdata was intact, but the container was just not showing any of my old settings. No idea which search terms I needed to use to get this to work again so I decided for now to setup Delugevpn from the ground up (rewatching Spaceinvader's video) and find out later what I did wrong when restoring the backup. I followed the steps in de Q&A section, but like I said, now I don't see any "additional_ports" option is there. Kind of frustrating. Bouncing of the walls while falling to the bottom haha.

templates are not dynamic, so any additional env vars are not pushed to you, you have an old template and thus you will need to add the env var, this is done by editing the container, then at the bottom click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' choose variable from the dropdown and set key to ADDITIONAL_PORTS and value to the ports.

edit - it is also possible you are using the brand new template, i am moving over from ADDITIONAL_PORTS name to 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS' so if you see that then use that instead.

@binhex 

Is there a way to get the "tun adapter IP" to stay persistent?

So I finally updated the container today and I was already aware of the changes and the issues people are having. So read the faq and made changes accordingly. I have not had the time to read all the posts since the update tho so this may have been answered already.

But yeah, I had issues with radarr connecting to deluge, but I figured it out I think. Don't know if it will stick tho, hence my question. I did what the faq says (ignored IP bypass part), but that didn't work. I get this error in radarr: Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.2.218:8112/json'

I'm running on a custom br0 network with its own IP and have been for a long time. And I'm only using privoxy included in delugevpn I'm not routing radarr through delugevpn. I then ignored Q25 and 27 in the faq, which don't apply, right? After trying a few things I tried changing the IP in radarr to the tun adapter IP, or the VPN IP/Deluge IP as my deluge log calls it and that worked! :) But not for long, as I restarted the container it gets a new tun adapter IP. 

Any other ideas to solve this?

Nevermind, I figured it out. It was my pfsense firewall blocking. And I had to remove the IP's in the ignored field in radarr. And of course set the IP back to the IP I had before, not the tun adapter one. All working now! :)

Edited by strike
9 hours ago, workermaster said:

Hi, 

I am having issues with Deluge and the support button on the container send me here. 

Deluge is downloading fine but completed downloads are not removed. As a result my hdd fills up and it stops downloading. I have seeding set to 0 so when they are done downloading they should stop all activity. 

I am using Binhex Sonarr. Sonarr is moving the dowloads but not removing them from Deluge. 

I tried installing the autoremoveplus plugin but Deluge does not accept the .egg file. It just creates an [objectfilelist].

Could anyone help me figuring out why completed downloads are not deleted? 

Sonarr is supposed to remove the torrent from Deluge after it reaches the defined ratio, but I never got that to work either.

AutoRemovePlus plugin is the way to go in my opinion.

The most likely reason the egg isn't accepted for you is that the Python version in this container was recently updated to 3.9.

If you have the 3.8 egg in the plugin folder already, simple rename it to 3.9 (see below) and restart the container:

AutoRemovePlus-2.0.0-py3.9.egg

If you don't have it, download the 3.8 version from here: https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55733

Put the egg into the plugin folder, rename it to 3.9 and restart container.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, binhex said:

templates are not dynamic, so any additional env vars are not pushed to you, you have an old template and thus you will need to add the env var, this is done by editing the container, then at the bottom click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' choose variable from the dropdown and set key to ADDITIONAL_PORTS and value to the ports.

edit - it is also possible you are using the brand new template, i am moving over from ADDITIONAL_PORTS name to 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS' so if you see that then use that instead.

Really appreciate it. The :latest images contains both VPN_INPUT_PORTS and VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS so I used those.

I added all the containers using Delugevpn to VPN_INPUT_PORTS and they all became accessible again! And they can communicate with each other too.

But SABnzbd is running outside the Delugevpn container (no need for VPN) and I can't get Sonarr,Radarr and NZBHydra to communicate with SABnzbd. I re-ran every step and the only thing I'm not sure about is the Proxy Settings

Sonarr > Settings > General > Proxy Settings

- Use Proxy = Yes

- Proxy Type = HTTP(S)

- Hostname = ip of server / localhost (tried both)

- Port = 8118

- Username = "empty"

- Password = "empty"

- Addres for the proxy to ignore = ip of server / 192.168.*.* (wildcard for LAN) (tried both)

This doesn't work? Privoxy is on in DelugeVPN container. After some searching I found this: https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/issues/257 and I'm guessing that's the problem? Looking at my Delugevpn container logs I seem to be running into the same issue (again, running ":latest")

2021-03-06 00:55:11,052 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:11,053 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:12,057 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:12,061 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:42,099 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:42,100 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:42,099 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:42,100 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:43,106 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 00:55:43,116 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

It looks to be crashing and restarting every 30 seconds. Am I missing something in the setup or is this indeed a bug? If so, please let me know if you need me to follow these steps to give you the info you need: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

EDIT:

I tried removing the Privoxy folder in Appdata and restarting the container, but that didn't help.

Edited by Squnkraid
1 hour ago, Squnkraid said:

I added all the containers using Delugevpn to VPN_INPUT_PORTS and they all became accessible again! And they can communicate with each other too.

But SABnzbd is running outside the Delugevpn container (no need for VPN) and I can't get Sonarr,Radarr and NZBHydra to communicate with SABnzbd. I re-ran every step and the only thing I'm not sure about is the Proxy Settings

Sonarr > Settings > General > Proxy Settings

- Use Proxy = Yes

- Proxy Type = HTTP(S)

- Hostname = ip of server / localhost (tried both)

- Port = 8118

- Username = "empty"

- Password = "empty"

- Addres for the proxy to ignore = ip of server / 192.168.*.* (wildcard for LAN) (tried both)

Sounds like your routing Sonarr et al through the DelugeVPN container network?

In that case, you should NOT use the proxy settings in Sonarr. It's one or the other, not both.

You should also add the SABnzbd ports to VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS environment variable. Because Sonarr running INSIDE the DelugeVPN container network, needs to be allowed to talk OUT to the SAB ports running outside the DelugeVPN network.

This is explained in Q27 here https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Of course, if you are not routing the apps through the DelugeVPN network this is not applicable.

so as of late VPN works, but I can't get to containers locally SERVER:PORT

I can still get to containers through reverse proxy subomain.

My delugevpn is behind reverse proxy.

also delugevpn logs show privoxy has issues started and goes in a start/stop loop.

my stuff is still working, but something seems wrong with container.

35 minutes ago, bigbangus said:

so as of late VPN works, but I can't get to containers locally SERVER:PORT

I can still get to containers through reverse proxy subomain.

My delugevpn is behind reverse proxy.

also delugevpn logs show privoxy has issues started and goes in a start/stop loop.

my stuff is still working, but something seems wrong with container.

Look at the recommended post on the top of this page

• Thanks 1
On 3/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, Odessa said:

✔️SOLVED: I had to add my server's IP in both Sonarr and Radarr under Settings > General > Proxy > "Addresses for the proxy to ignore"

Thank you SO much for this. I've been fighting this myself for days and finally got time to see others were having the same issue. I can't believe I missed an option that seems so obvious after the fact.

13 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Sonarr is supposed to remove the torrent from Deluge after it reaches the defined ratio, but I never got that to work either.

The most likely reason the egg isn't accepted for you is that the Python version in this container was recently updated to 3.9.

If you have the 3.8 egg in the plugin folder already, simple rename it to 3.9 (see below) and restart the container:

If you don't have it, download the 3.8 version from here: https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55733

Perfect, this worked for me!

14 hours ago, Jorgen said:

This trick also works for the copycompleted plugin thank you !! 😁

11 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Sounds like your routing Sonarr et al through the DelugeVPN container network?

In that case, you should NOT use the proxy settings in Sonarr. It's one or the other, not both.

You should also add the SABnzbd ports to VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS environment variable. Because Sonarr running INSIDE the DelugeVPN container network, needs to be allowed to talk OUT to the SAB ports running outside the DelugeVPN network.

This is explained in Q27 here https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Of course, if you are not routing the apps through the DelugeVPN network this is not applicable.

The following containers are routed through DelugeVPN (set this all up following Spaceinvader One's video's)

- Sonarr, - Radarr, - Jackett, - NZBHydra

Their ports are listed under VPN_INPUT_PORTS. I changed the server IP's to 'localhost' in settings and they can all communicate with each other and are accessible. No problem there.

SABnzbd is outside the VPN connection. It uses port 8282. I have that port listed in DelugeVPN under VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS. But when I try to connect to it within Sonarr etc. it doesn't work. I have local server IP filled in, but also checked 'localhost' and 'container IP', it all comes back with an error. So not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I checked the Q&A section and all is setup like it should, I think. I'm probably overlooking something, but I don't know what.

12 hours ago, strike said:

Look at the recommended post on the top of this page

Yup that fixed the local WebUI access issue!

"A24" in https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

In binhex-delugevpn container: Add 'Variable' with 'KEY' as 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' and add ports separated by commas

In my case:

image.png.2f6a943a9f9cf535ed73ac8d16c41e1a.png

However my privoxy is still in a dead loop, from container LOG:

2021-03-06 10:22:01,606 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:02,611 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:02,612 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:02,616 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:02,611 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:02,612 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:02,616 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2021-03-06 10:22:32,769 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

I tried deleting all appdata and restarting with fresh container and appdata folder, but issue still persists...

Will probably just turn this feature off as I don't really use it, but curious how to fix.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:12 AM, binhex said:

did you look at the recommended post at the top of this page?

Yes, but short of installing Jackett (which I tried but none of my indexers are listed), when I bypass internal addresses then my NZBgetVPN doesn’t work with *arr apps (or at least I thought it didn’t because of false negative on Sonarr connection test).

It’s probably worth having SpaceInvader post a tutorial for us morons that can’t get things working correctly without rolling back DelugeVPN. There’s so many options on how to connect now that even if I’m willing to change my configuration (which I am), I have no idea which is best for my use case (ie *arr apps, NzBget and Deluge with VPN, Kodi with VPN currently using Privoxy and possibly remote access viewing for Emby which I haven’t really tried but did look into Wireguard and was lost). 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edit: didn’t realize I wasn’t running binhex Sonarr docker. Migrating over to it solved my (test) connection issue.

Edited by betaman
1 hour ago, Squnkraid said:

The following containers are routed through DelugeVPN (set this all up following Spaceinvader One's video's)

- Sonarr, - Radarr, - Jackett, - NZBHydra

Their ports are listed under VPN_INPUT_PORTS. I changed the server IP's to 'localhost' in settings and they can all communicate with each other and are accessible. No problem there.

SABnzbd is outside the VPN connection. It uses port 8282. I have that port listed in DelugeVPN under VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS. But when I try to connect to it within Sonarr etc. it doesn't work. I have local server IP filled in, but also checked 'localhost' and 'container IP', it all comes back with an error. So not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I checked the Q&A section and all is setup like it should, I think. I'm probably overlooking something, but I don't know what.

I had a similar issue testing a Privoxy connection and was relying on the test connection button in Sonarr (Radarr and Lidarr have same). The test always failed so I rolled back the DelugeVPN docker and the test still failed. I was like wtf, then I cleared my queue of downloads and tried to manually initiate a download to see if the *arr dockers would pass to NZBget and sure enough they did but the test connection still fails! I guess the moral of the story is don’t rely on on the connection test and try a download first before thinking it doesn’t work.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:16 AM, TexasDave said:

For folks having issues - I was as well - do read the FAQ carefully. I tend to skim or rush these things and pay the price. I had set this up ages ago and things have changed - at least it looks that way to me anyways. I used the original SPace Inavder video ages ago and then over the years added wireguard, new PIA servers, etc.

• Per the FAQ, I had to remove the ports from the containers runing into DelugeVPN (new for me)
  • Expose the ports on DelugeVPN (I did have this)
  • Add the "ADDITIONAL_PORTS" variable (new for me)

After struggling with it last night and downgrading to proove I could get it to work, coffee and slowing down and reading the FAQ very closely sorted me. 🙂

I have a simple setup as I just run NZBGet and Hydra2 though the VPN so your mileage may vary....

This was my fix, thank you! :)

• Like 1

Very strange issue.

running delugevpn. Sonarr/Radarr able to add torrents without issue.

When I try to add via web interface it fails, but only when using chrome (failed to upload torrent).

Using other browers (edge) it works fine... Any reason for this?

ever since i had to put the new system in place my downloads have been uber slow. I am using PIA and the CA-Montreal endpoint. Has anyone else experience very slow DL speeds with something like this? Is there a solution? Is there another PIA endpoint that people would suggest - i live in the eastern US if that makes a difference.

In addition, the docker seems to only stay up for 12-20 hours at a time. i've noticed since the change that the other dockers that are pointed to it (sab,radarr,sonarr,jackett) that they end up having to rebuild as well - which makes sense b/c if the vpn is restarted they too need to restart.

Edited by helpermonkey