[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 3/5/2021 at 10:49 PM, Jorgen said:

Sonarr is supposed to remove the torrent from Deluge after it reaches the defined ratio, but I never got that to work either.

AutoRemovePlus plugin is the way to go in my opinion.

The most likely reason the egg isn't accepted for you is that the Python version in this container was recently updated to 3.9.

If you have the 3.8 egg in the plugin folder already, simple rename it to 3.9 (see below) and restart the container:

AutoRemovePlus-2.0.0-py3.9.egg

If you don't have it, download the 3.8 version from here: https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55733

Put the egg into the plugin folder, rename it to 3.9 and restart container.

This is the way.. tried this for other plugins as well, worked out fine. WebAPI and SimpleExtractor both worked after doing this. Thanks

Not solved yet but worked around. My situation was two fold with this change. First, when using Privoxy for normal browsing, I could not connect to my containers. I've added the server IP to the containers Ignore addresses both with and without http(s)://, I've added the ports to delugevpn ADDITIONAL_PORT var, I've reset, rebooted etc. I ended up using a proxy switcher extension for now to go direct for 192.168.* but now I have an extension that potentially could be monitoring my traffic. 

Second, the containers couldn't connect to the indexers in Jackett (although Jackett had no trouble connecting to delugevpn and I could search and download manually from Jackett). Again, adding the server IP address to Sonarr/Radarr's ignore line did nothing neither did telling both to not even use proxy. Mind you this all worked fine last week. What I had to do was disable proxy inside Sonarr and Radarr then go to Settings/Indexers and click every indexer in both Sonarr and Radarr and click the test button. After doing that for each indexer, each one would start to work fine but only with proxy disabled.

Edited by nowhere99

Hi Guys,

I am a total idiot and can not figure this out. I use delugevpn and radar and sonarr and jackett run thru the delugevpn by proxy. I tried adding the ports to the variable created but nothing works. I am able to get into each of the gui's. 

Can someone who is running this setup maybe post screen shots of each docker showing what changes need to be done. Or maybe some kind of step by step tutorial. I am really at a loss on what to do. I am messing more s**t up then I will remember what to change back. Thanks again, and I realize this is probably alot of work but I think there would be alot of us who would benefit. Thanks again for any help, and hope I am not asking to much. Thanks again.

• Like 2

Hi there, in the last few weeks the WebUI for DelugeVPN has been displaying itself incorrectly on an intermittent basis. See the screen shot below, where it appears that the bottom of the GUI is now right up at the top with nothing below it. There is also no scrolling available so I can't just navigate upwards to solve the problem.

I have been using Firefox for years, and have had no issues in the last 3 months since setting up UnRaid - until now. I do have UBlock Origin, DuckDuckGo privacy essentials and Privacy badger added as extensions, but these all have my Unraid Server IP whitelisted. I also use the LastPass extension (for now anyway, lol). Not sure what else it could be, as when I open up Chrome on the same PC there are no issues whatsoever. Super not keen to use Chrome though.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Deluge WebUI Loaing Error 2.jpg

On 3/5/2021 at 11:49 PM, Jorgen said:

Sonarr is supposed to remove the torrent from Deluge after it reaches the defined ratio, but I never got that to work either.

AutoRemovePlus plugin is the way to go in my opinion.

The most likely reason the egg isn't accepted for you is that the Python version in this container was recently updated to 3.9.

If you have the 3.8 egg in the plugin folder already, simple rename it to 3.9 (see below) and restart the container:

AutoRemovePlus-2.0.0-py3.9.egg

If you don't have it, download the 3.8 version from here: https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55733

Put the egg into the plugin folder, rename it to 3.9 and restart container.

Thanks!

I have been struggeling with installing the pluging and your answer helped me. Renaming it to the 3.9 version was the problem. 

Could you please help me setup the plugin? I can't find a manual. 

For instance: Check interval. I need to set a number there but I do not know in what timescale that is. Is 0.5 every half second or half day? 

And the same goes for removed by date. Is that field per day or per hour?

On 3/6/2021 at 4:54 PM, betaman said:

I had a similar issue testing a Privoxy connection and was relying on the test connection button in Sonarr (Radarr and Lidarr have same). The test always failed so I rolled back the DelugeVPN docker and the test still failed. I was like wtf, then I cleared my queue of downloads and tried to manually initiate a download to see if the *arr dockers would pass to NZBget and sure enough they did but the test connection still fails! I guess the moral of the story is don’t rely on on the connection test and try a download first before thinking it doesn’t work.

I fixed it!

To clarify and hopefully help someone else; What I ended up doing after updating DelugeVPN to :latest is this:

- Edit DelugeVPN container and add all container ports that are running through DelugeVPN under "VPN_INPUT_PORTS"

- To let those containers communicate with each other again, you need to change the local IP's in the respective settings of those containers (WebUI) to "localhost"

That's pretty straight forward. WebUI is accessible and the containers can communicate with each other again.

Problem was, for me at least, that SABnzbd is NOT running through the DelugeVPN. So Sonarr etc. were unable to connect to SAB. I have SABnzbd's WebUI set to port 8282 (Unifi already claimed 8080). Before the DelugeVPN update all other containers were connecting to SAB using "local lan IP:8282". That was no longer working.

Q&A 27 in https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

So editing DelugeVPN again and added port 8282 under "VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS". In Sonarr I tested it again, but I still couldn't connect with SAB. Only when using Local Lan IP it took some processing time, but eventually returned an error. Also tried localhost, but no luck.

SABnzbd also uses port 9090 so I thought maybe that would work. I added 9090 to "VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS", but still no luck inside Sonarr. Nothing worked. But then I noticed that SAB uses port 8080 (opposed to 8282) when using the container IP.

So I added 8080 to "VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS" in DelugeVPN and used the "container IP:8080" inside Sonarr and BINGO!

Container IP AND port 8080 gave a successful connection! Already tried to download a NZB and it works like a charm again.

@binhex Maybe I'm misreading Q&A 27, but as far as I can tell the container IP is not mentioned. Perhaps you could add that? Because it looks like that is the only way to get this to work. And thanks for the hard work!

I am completely lost. I started getting errors with Sonarr and Radarr after my server ran a backup and update last night. I am assuming it has to do with the stuff in the recommended post but I'm not sure especially since it sounds like I should have had problems after restart/update last week... Anyway, the issues I am having:

1) binhex-delugevpn says "version: not available"

2)Sonarr give errors "Unable to communicate with deluge. Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down."
3)Radarr gives error "Unable to communicate with Deluge. An error occurred while sending the request. Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.: '<LAN Deluge ip>/json'

4)None of the indexers work for Sonarr or Radarr
5)NZBHydra, every indexer says "Error while communicating with indexer <indexer>. Server returned: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" (Note: honestly this stuff is so complicated and it has been a while since I've set it up. I have no idea how any of it works anymore. I am not even sure if NZBHydra is even connected to the VPN and if so where/how that was set up)

I tried fixing according to the posts: I edited binhex-deluge, the line that says "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" has value: "8989, 7878"
Where 8989 and 7878 are the ports for Sonarr and Radarr are on. I tried also going through sonarr and radarr and editing "settings > Download Clients > Host" and changing it to "localhost" but then when I hit "test" I get an error  "Unable to connect" . Also note that if I leave it as my LAN Ip instead of localhost, it gives an error "Unable to connect to Deluge"

EDIT:

Looks like some how privoxy got turned off. Which, tbh, I am not 100% certain I had it on. But I followed SpaceInvdader's video in the past and it said to turn it on so I assume that is what I had. Turning it on fixed Hydra's issue and also changed the errors I get in Sonarr/Radarr. Now it gives a timeout instead of "Unable to connect to Deluge" when I test with LAN ip in the host.

EDIT 2:
I have now added NZBHydra's, SABnzbd's, and jackett's port to the "VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS", (so that is now equal to "8080,5076,9117"). That seems to have fixed the issue with the indexers not working with Sonarr and Radarr. Additionally inside settings -> download client, I changed the host from the  192.... ip to the 172.... ip for Deluge (but NOT for SAB, that is still the 192... address) That has caused both Sonarr and Radarr to test successful for deluge. So now the only remaining problem that I know of is the "not available" version for delugeVPN. But I mean, at the same time, I basically button mashed through this thing. I have no idea why any of that did anything or if there are other issues I am missing. I don't understand at all.

EDIT 3:
I read up on the FAQ more and that combined with what I got working, I think I understand now. Seems I ended up basically doing the solution given in Q27. Accessed LAN applications from something going through the VPN by adding those application ports to the VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS. I suppose I could have gotten deluge to work without changing to 172 in download clients by simply including it in the export list too. (Though I have no idea why the change to 172 worked also). I see now that I COULD have used the solution in Q26 and simply added the 192 address to ignore list under proxy. And I also didn't need to add  anything to the import or output list. (And indeed, I changed to this and it works)

I do still have the problem of it showing as not available for version number. Additionally, I still don't really know why hydra wasn't working when privoxy was off, I can't seem to find anything that is making it go through it. ALSO it seems to me that I don't actually have anything using the VPN proxy except the deluge itself, and I wonder if I should have more stuff going through it, like SAB and if so, how...

EDIT 4:
It no longer says version: not available. I dunno why, seems to have fixed during one of the restarts when I removed input and outputs in favor of using the ignore address in the proxy settings for Sonarr/Radarr solution.

EDIT 5:
Ah ha, and now I have found where Hydra was connected. Hidden "advanced" setting, where Proxy is set. And I've set jackett to go through it now too.

Edited by Jomo
On 2/28/2021 at 11:04 PM, Jorgen said:

I see, learn something new everyday. This container is based on arch which seems to support firewalld, but that’s obviously up to binhex what to use. From all the effort he’s put into the iptables I’d hazard a guess that he’s not keen to change it anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, probably not.  Which is fine.  But, as the popular saying goes, "once you go firewalld, you never go back".   Sort of like NetworkManager vs network, or systemd vs sysv.

At the end of the day, if it gets the job done, that's all that matters!

Edited by Jason Harris
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Jason Harris said:

Yea, probably not.  Which is fine.  But, as the popular saying goes, "once you go firewalld, you never go back".   Sort of like NetworkManager vs network, or systemd vs sysv.

At the end of the day, if it gets the job done, that's all that matters!

As a former privoxy user, are you saying my best path forward is the following:

use case: *arr dockers, kodi using Privoxy and possibly enabling Emby for remote viewing

Bind all *arr dockers to DelugeVPN, bind NZBget to DelugeVPN, still run Kodi thru DelugeVPN privoxy, and I’m not sure on the last one so wondering if it influences my decision at all since I need Kodi and Emby to talk to each other as well.

Looked thru but I am sure I must have missed it. I have everything working and connected (thanks again for your hard work binhex). When I click on the docker gif I would normally get a list of options (like edit, console, gui etc). When I click on them now (only the ones connected thru localhost) I no longer get the web interface option. I must type in the server address with port to get to radarr or sonarr. Not a big deal but wondering if I skipped a step and can somehow get this back. If thats how it has to be I am still very happy. Just curious if I missed a part of the fix. Thanks again

Looked thru but I am sure I must have missed it. I have everything working and connected (thanks again for your hard work binhex). When I click on the docker gif I would normally get a list of options (like edit, console, gui etc). When I click on them now (only the ones connected thru localhost) I no longer get the web interface option. I must type in the server address with port to get to radarr or sonarr. Not a big deal but wondering if I skipped a step and can somehow get this back. If thats how it has to be I am still very happy. Just curious if I missed a part of the fix. Thanks again

That’s how it works when binding the network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having some issues recently after some docker containers updated. I updated to Unraid 6.9.1 but that didn't seem to help either.

Up until recently everything was working all fine.

I thought this might be due to the issue with iptables I see people talking about, but I am not sure if it is, and if it is, I don't know if I implemented the fix properly.

Basically the error I am getting in Sonnar, Radarr etc is

"Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'https://192.168.1.98:8112/json'"

My Ports in use are

Deluge - 8112

Sonar - 8989

Radarr - 7878

Jackett - 9117

I am using Mullvad as my VPN.

As per the screenshot, I added a Variable called VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS and added the Deluge Port. (although now I type that I realise I am not sure even that was correct)

My error might have nothing to do with it, but at the time when I Set it all up I followed SpaceInvaderOne's videos so there are probably nuances I glossed over that I don't understand now

Screenshot 2021-03-10 233241.png

52 minutes ago, Uggers said:

As per the screenshot, I added a Variable called VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS and added the Deluge Port. (although now I type that I realise I am not sure even that was correct

Did you read the post pinned at the top of the page. You should read it and the links included there. 

10 minutes ago, helpermonkey said:

Trying to follow the A.21 from https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

and i'm having problems. I am a PIA user.

I assume you are trying to switch to Wireguard instead of Open VPN?

I believe that in the template-based DelugeVPN docker container for unRAID you just have to make sure the container is set to privileged. You should not have to create anything.

image.png.a831625d61f38166a0b347eb7391a315.png

Then create the VPN_CLIENT key with the wireguard value as instructed.

I am also a PIA user and have it set to Wireguard (the wg0.conf exists as it should) in the above manner.

12 minutes ago, helpermonkey said:

Trying to follow the A.21 from https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

and i'm having problems. I am a PIA user.

Step 1 is to change the docker parameter from --cap-add=NET_ADMIN to --privileged=true. However, I don't see that NET_ADMIN parameter in place. Should I simply enter in --privileged=true i nthe Extra parameters field?

Refer to instructions at A.23 there is a toggle for unraid users.

You will also need to add --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" as per A.23

21 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I assume you are trying to switch to Wireguard instead of Open VPN?

I believe that in the template-based DelugeVPN docker container for unRAID you just have to make sure the container is set to privileged. You should not have to create anything.

image.png.a831625d61f38166a0b347eb7391a315.png

Then create the VPN_CLIENT key with the wireguard value as instructed.

I am also a PIA user and have it set to Wireguard (the wg0.conf exists as it should) in the above manner.

That's great - i had it set to privelaged so i just added that. Out of curiosity - which endpoint do you use? Am I correct in that we have to use one of them listed under the port fowarding options here - https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/?

19 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Refer to instructions at A.23 there is a toggle for unraid users.

You will also need to add --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" as per A.23

Thanks. I didn't have to do that though. I just followed @Hoopster's advice

2 minutes ago, helpermonkey said:

Thanks. I didn't have to do that though. I just followed @Hoopster's advice

I do not have that in Extra Parameters either and it is working fine.  Probably would no hurt to add it though.

Endpoint comes from the list in your Supervisord.log file.  Pick one of these and modify wg0.conf with the one you want.  It defaults to nl-amsterdam :

2021-03-10 20:05:57,230 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-

2021-03-10 20:05:57,231 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] al.privacy.network
[info] ad.privacy.network
[info] austria.privacy.network
[info] brussels.privacy.network
[info] ba.privacy.network
[info] sofia.privacy.network
[info] czech.privacy.network
[info] denmark.privacy.network
[info] ee.privacy.network
[info] fi.privacy.network
[info] france.privacy.network
[info] de-frankfurt.privacy.network
[info] de-berlin.privacy.network
[info] gr.privacy.network
[info] hungary.privacy.network
[info] is.privacy.network
[info] ireland.privacy.network
[info] man.privacy.network
[info] italy.privacy.network
[info] lv.privacy.network
[info] liechtenstein.privacy.network
[info] lt.privacy.network
[info] lu.privacy.network
[info] mk.privacy.network
[info] malta.privacy.network
[info] md.privacy.network
[info] monaco.privacy.network
[info] montenegro.privacy.network
[info] nl-amsterdam.privacy.network
[info] no.privacy.network
[info] poland.privacy.network
[info] pt.privacy.network
[info] ro.privacy.network
[info] rs.privacy.network
[info] sk.privacy.network
[info] spain.privacy.network
[info] sweden.privacy.network
[info] swiss.privacy.network
[info] ua.privacy.network
[info] uk-london.privacy.network
[info] uk-southampton.privacy.network
[info] uk-manchester.privacy.network
[info] uk-2.privacy.network
[info] bahamas.privacy.network
[info] ca-montreal.privacy.network
[info] ca-toronto.privacy.network
[info] ca-ontario.privacy.network
[info] ca-vancouver.privacy.network
[info] greenland.privacy.network
[info] mexico.privacy.network
[info] panama.privacy.network
[info] ar.privacy.network
[info] br.privacy.network
[info] venezuela.privacy.network
[info] yerevan.privacy.network
[info] bangladesh.privacy.network
[info] cambodia.privacy.network
[info] china.privacy.network
[info] cyprus.privacy.network
[info] georgia.privacy.network
[info] hk.privacy.network
[info] in.privacy.network
[info] israel.privacy.network
[info] japan.privacy.network
[info] kazakhstan.privacy.network
[info] macau.privacy.network
[info] mongolia.privacy.network
[info] philippines.privacy.network
[info] qatar.privacy.network
[info] saudiarabia.privacy.network
[info] sg.privacy.network
[info] srilanka.privacy.network
[info] taiwan.privacy.network
[info] tr.privacy.network
[info] ae.privacy.network
[info] vietnam.privacy.network
[info] aus-perth.privacy.network
[info] au-sydney.privacy.network
[info] aus-melbourne.privacy.network
[info] nz.privacy.network
[info] dz.privacy.network
[info] egypt.privacy.network
[info] morocco.privacy.network
[info] nigeria.privacy.network
[info] za.privacy.network

6 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I do not have that in Extra Parameters either and it is working fine.  Probably would no hurt to add it though.

Mine worked without it also, but I believe this setting is needed for routing traffic from other containers though this one.

Edited by tjb_altf4
7 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Endpoint comes from the list in your Supervisord.log file.  Pick one of these and modify wg0.conf with the one you want.  It defaults to nl-amsterdam :

thanks i will add that extra parameter then.

Edited by helpermonkey
12 hours ago, betaman said:

As a former privoxy user, are you saying my best path forward is the following:

use case: *arr dockers, kodi using Privoxy and possibly enabling Emby for remote viewing

Bind all *arr dockers to DelugeVPN, bind NZBget to DelugeVPN, still run Kodi thru DelugeVPN privoxy, and I’m not sure on the last one so wondering if it influences my decision at all since I need Kodi and Emby to talk to each other as well.

Hopefully you weren't asking me, and mis-quoted.  :)  Sounds like you were already in another deep convo.

I've been having a problem for the last 2 weeks where I cant get Sonarr to connect to Deluge. It keeps giving me the error

Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://10.1.10.3:8112/json'

Anyone else encounter this issue starting about 2 weeks ago? Was working perfectly fine up until then, and because I have automatic updates enabled I wont ever know when the issue exactly started.

Any logs I can post to assist in finding a solution?

Edited by Brandon87
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

It's in your DelugeVPN folder in appdata.  The wireguard folder is a subfolder of that appdata folder.

So i switched my endpoint to "Endpoint = ca-toronto.privacy.network:1337"

and now when i try to launch SAB it won't open. Sonarr and Radarr and Deluge and such all work just fine. Here's a log from when i rebooted everything ... https://pastebin.com/cXiZcNwm

any thoughts?