[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

58 minutes ago, Brandon87 said:

I've been having a problem for the last 2 weeks where I cant get Sonarr to connect to Deluge. It keeps giving me the error

Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://10.1.10.3:8112/json'

Anyone else encounter this issue starting about 2 weeks ago? Was working perfectly fine up until then, and because I have automatic updates enabled I wont ever know when the issue exactly started.

Any logs I can post to assist in finding a solution?

I am having the same problem - Do you have VPN enabled in Deluge - I found turning off fixed connection problem still trying to figure out cause

3 hours ago, brettm357 said:

So if i read correctly

wg0.conf file has one line in it 

Endpoint =  *do i put remote server address here or something else*

Mine has a few more lines, though most autopopulated. I chose the Berlin endpoint, that's all I needed to manually edit:

[Interface]
Address = *[redacted]*
PrivateKey = *[redacted]*
PostUp = '/root/wireguardup.sh'
PostDown = '/root/wireguarddown.sh'

[Peer]
PublicKey = *[redacted]*
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = de-berlin.privacy.network:1337

Forgot to say, I'm running rTorrentvpn, not Delugevpn, but the vpn config info should be pretty much the same (as far as I know)

Edited by xxDeadbolt
  • Like 1
On 3/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, Jason Harris said:

Hopefully you weren't asking me, and mis-quoted.  :)  Sounds like you were already in another deep convo.

Not really...I was rallying off your firewall’d comment! Perhaps you just meant the VPN containers themselves, but I was looking for some guidance on the best configuration given my use case?

Hey guys, I've been fighting total lockups of my UNRAID now for a few weeks.

I've done a thread in the General Support section before, where I was given the order to turn of all docker and activate them afterwards one by one. Link

I think I've narrowed it down to the privoxy function of the binhexqbittorrentvpn docker.

As soon as I turn that specific option inside the docker on, my server will hard lockup within the next 24-48h without any way to access it afterwards.

Has anyone seen such behaviour before? Any tips what I could do, would rly like to keep the privoxy feature as its a rly nice thing.

I will attach a screenshot of the docker logs when it locked up the last time(gathered via IDRAC), syslog and the docker supervisord.log.

My Last lockdown iirc was 9th March ~22 00.

Thank you in advance.

2021-03-09 22_09_24-Window.png

supervisord.log syslog_crash_7-3-21-1712.log

I'm using this docker to send my deluge traffic through my NordVPN connection.  Everything is set up and I'm getting the IP address provided by NordVPN.  But, while using the OpenVPN TCP profile I'm only getting about 25% of my bandwidth.  I know there are a lot of moving parts involved in torrent traffic but should I be seeing this kind of drop in download speeds?  I'm assuming it's because of the encryption of the OpenVPN protocol.  Is there anything I can look at tweaking to improve this?  Here's a limited bit of testing I did:

Deluge with no VPN  on UnRaid 26-30 MiBS/s

Deluge with no VPN  on Windows 25-30 MiBS/s

Deluge with NordVPN on Windows PC  25-30 MiBS/s

Deluge with NordVPN on unRaid  8MiBS/s

My internet service is 750 Mb/s and both my Windows computer & Unraid server are on gigabit ethernet cards (no wifi involved).

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

19 hours ago, nothanks said:

Successfully assigned and bound incoming port

This is normal and harmless. If you're using PIA there is a script in place to bind the port every 15 min, this is a requirement from PIA side. If you don't bind the port every 15 min you will lose it and it will be assigned to someone else.

16 minutes ago, rcrh said:

I'm using this docker to send my deluge traffic through my NordVPN connection.  Everything is set up and I'm getting the IP address provided by NordVPN.  But, while using the OpenVPN TCP profile I'm only getting about 25% of my bandwidth.  I know there are a lot of moving parts involved in torrent traffic but should I be seeing this kind of drop in download speeds?  I'm assuming it's because of the encryption of the OpenVPN protocol.  Is there anything I can look at tweaking to improve this?  Here's a limited bit of testing I did:

Deluge with no VPN  on UnRaid 26-30 MiBS/s

Deluge with no VPN  on Windows 25-30 MiBS/s

Deluge with NordVPN on Windows PC  25-30 MiBS/s

Deluge with NordVPN on unRaid  8MiBS/s

My internet service is 750 Mb/s and both my Windows computer & Unraid server are on gigabit ethernet cards (no wifi involved).

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

When torrenting to get great speed you need to have a port forwarded. NordVPN does not offer port forwarding, so you're out of luck there. Also see Q6: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

24 minutes ago, strike said:

When torrenting to get great speed you need to have a port forwarded. NordVPN does not offer port forwarding, so you're out of luck there. Also see Q6: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Yeah, I read about that but then I'm not sure why I get 4 times the speed running Deluge on my Windows PC with the NordVPN client on.  It should have the same limitation of port forwarding.  The different should only be the use of NordLynx (their wireguard protocol).  Am I missing something else?

6 minutes ago, rcrh said:

Yeah, I read about that but then I'm not sure why I get 4 times the speed running Deluge on my Windows PC with the NordVPN client on.  It should have the same limitation of port forwarding.  The different should only be the use of NordLynx (their wireguard protocol).  Am I missing something else?

Make sure to read everything in Q6, there are a couple deluge specific things there you can try if you have tried everything else in there.

Edited by strike
  • Like 1
On 3/10/2021 at 8:41 PM, Brandon87 said:

I've been having a problem for the last 2 weeks where I cant get Sonarr to connect to Deluge. It keeps giving me the error

Unknown exception: The operation has timed out.: 'http://10.1.10.3:8112/json'

Anyone else encounter this issue starting about 2 weeks ago? Was working perfectly fine up until then, and because I have automatic updates enabled I wont ever know when the issue exactly started.

Any logs I can post to assist in finding a solution?

Any solutions to this? I have this as well as dead connections to my indexers via Jackett. Sonarr works perfectly though.

Capture2.PNG

Edited by j2los

Hey im having an issue with your image. It used to work like a charm but I recently cannot connect to the daemon port anymore.

The webui works great, daemon port is default 58846 and remote connections are allowed. The docker container also has the port forwarded, i do not have a firewall for the local network.

On the host machine (local lan address 192.168.178.37)

nc -vc 192.168.178.37 58846

times out, while

nc -vc 127.0.0.1 58846

shows the port as open.

I start the container with

LAN_NETWORK=192.168.178.0/24

so no problem there either.

So it seems for some reason docker does not listen to the lan address of the machine and only on localhost.

Any ideas?

Binhex-radarr thru binhex-delugevpn is mostly up and running, but I can not get the nzbget client to work. Deluge downloader client is fine. I have added setup pictures.

And, Q24 bullet 4 in the VPN Docker FAQ says 

Container to route through VPN

4. Remove all ports defined (no ports required as we will be accessing it via the vpn container).

Should radar docker WebUI and Host Port 1 be deleted?

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 21.08.18.png

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 21.07.41.png

Hey, thanks for your work;

for a about a week now (not bothered to look at it closely), delugevpn docker in unraid would fail to start, stating dns resolution errors, it'd loop through all external ip identifiers and dns resolutions until it times out eventually and starts webgui without external connection, despite it connecting to vpn (tested) and not stating any errors during it, looking at debug logs, nothing useful again other than dns resolutions failing, I tried swapping to CF, google and internal pihole with same results. It can ping external just fine from console

This started happening since 6.9 rc2 update

any ideas? let me know if you need logs/more info.

ignore me, removed .ovpn and .conf files and it just started to work.

Edited by Mizerka
1 hour ago, binhex said:

yes, it says delete ALL ports, if nzbget is NOT part of the vpn network then see Q27 from the recommended post at the top of the screen.

Thanks,

All ports in radarr deleted, and added 6789 as described in A27. Still not nzbget client running. Ran the nzbgetvpn docker default LAN_NETWORK or "localhost". 

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 23.44.25.png