[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Is anyone else seeing any issues with queued up torrents disappearing? 

I am noticing this happening every morning when checking my downloads.  I did some testing and it seems when Deluge restarts (this occurs everyday due to my nightly backup) it seems to loose all the torrents queued up.  Any torrents that have started at least a little download are not removed.  Only torrents that have not started downloading anything.

I just noticed this happening after updating Deluge.  I was using the new version with the proxy updates from a few weeks ago successfully, and only noticed this after updating late last week sometime.

For reference in my setup I am using 2 Radarr containers, 1 for normal content, and the other exclusively for 2160p content.  I do this to keep both versions of a single movie, but in separate directories and libraries in Plex.  I don't think the issue is with these applications as I see this occur for both Radarr instances and for Sonarr as well, and they only disappear when Deluge is restarted not Radarr, Sonarr, or Jackett.  Radarr, Sonarr, and Jackett are all setup using Deluge as the privoxy.

22 hours ago, razaq said:

Hey im having an issue with your image. It used to work like a charm but I recently cannot connect to the daemon port anymore.

The webui works great, daemon port is default 58846 and remote connections are allowed. The docker container also has the port forwarded, i do not have a firewall for the local network.

On the host machine (local lan address 192.168.178.37)

nc -vc 192.168.178.37 58846

times out, while

nc -vc 127.0.0.1 58846

shows the port as open.

I start the container with

LAN_NETWORK=192.168.178.0/24

so no problem there either.

So it seems for some reason docker does not listen to the lan address of the machine and only on localhost.

Any ideas?

even after hours of trial and error i can not figure this out. Daemon just does not listen to LAN ip for some reason...

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

is the traffic going from lan to container or is it going from container to lan?.

ideally both ways obviously. i mean the webui does work from local lan (192.168.178.37:8112), just the daemon port times out (192.168.178.37:58846). how can i test the answer to your question easily?

these are the ports that docker ps is showing:

0.0.0.0:8112->8112/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8118->8118/tcp, 0.0.0.0:58846->58846/tcp, 0.0.0.0:58946->58946/tcp, 58946/udp

Edited by razaq
2 minutes ago, razaq said:

how can i test the answer to your question easily?

ok to put it another way, is the application inside the vpn network set to talk to an application on the lan?, or is an app on the lan set to talk to an application inside the vpn network?.

e.g. sonarr (on lan) > delugevpn (vpn)

or

sonarr (vpn) > nzbget (lan)

in basic terms what exactly are you trying to achieve?.

10 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok to put it another way, is the application inside the vpn network set to talk to an application on the lan?, or is an app on the lan set to talk to an application inside the vpn network?.

e.g. sonarr (on lan) > delugevpn (vpn)

or

sonarr (vpn) > nzbget (lan)

in basic terms what exactly are you trying to achieve?.

all i am trying to do is connect to the daemon port from another machine in the same lan using the gtk ui as ThinClient, which has worked previously without any issues (I have already completely reinstalled the image, so that is ruled out)

Edited by razaq
7 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so lan to delugevpn, and what is your LAN_NETWORK env var defined as?.

the daemon is also set to allow remote connections. there is no firewall for the local lan and the webui works (from 192.168.178.37:8112), which should mean that the daemon is also running without issues.

as i said when i do a port check on the host machine for port 58846 (daemon port) using 127.0.0.1, i see that the port is open, only when using the lan address 192.168.178.37 does it time out.

doing the same port check for the webui port 8112 works in both cases.

Edited by razaq
15 hours ago, frodr said:

Thanks,

All ports in radarr deleted, and added 6789 as described in A27. Still not nzbget client running. Ran the nzbgetvpn docker default LAN_NETWORK or "localhost". 

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 23.44.25.png

Not being able to get nzbget client within radarr to work, I switched from nzbgetvpn to binhex-nzbget following the instruction in the FAQ. Binhex-nzbget started but I could not connect WebUI. Trying to add 6789 as additional port in binhex-deliugevpn, the Docker service once again start spinning (the Unraid time glass keeps running and dockers tab autostarts keeps going on-off. Again I have to delete the Docker image and start all over. This is quite frustrating. 

Edited by frodr
38 minutes ago, razaq said:

the daemon is also set to allow remote connections. there is no firewall for the local lan and the webui works, which should mean that the daemon is also running without issues.

as i said when i do a port check on the host machine for port 58846 (daemon port) using 127.0.0.1, i see that the port is open, only when using the lan address 192.168.178.37 does it time out.

hmm this is definitely permitted, if i run the same command as you i get success, both using the unraid host ip and from another device on my lan:-

(mac)

nc -vc 192.168.1.10 58846
Connection to 192.168.1.10 port 58846 [tcp/*] succeeded!

(unraid terminal)

root@Tower:~# nc -v 192.168.1.10 58846
Tower.local [192.168.1.10] 58846 (?) open

this is with the latest image, are you doing this remotely or over a vpn, vlan's in place?, checked firewall logs?.

28 minutes ago, binhex said:

what is the 'network type' and 'extra parameters' set to for nzbget?.

nzbgetvpn: network type=bridge, extra parameters="nothing", LAN_NETWORK="my subnet" and "localhost"

binhex-nzbget: network type=none, extra parameters="--net=container:binhex-delugevpn"

Not running both binhex-nzbget and nzbgetvpn at the same time.

Edited by frodr
42 minutes ago, binhex said:

hmm this is definitely permitted, if i run the same command as you i get success, both using the unraid host ip and from another device on my lan:-

(mac)

nc -vc 192.168.1.10 58846
Connection to 192.168.1.10 port 58846 [tcp/*] succeeded!

(unraid terminal)

root@Tower:~# nc -v 192.168.1.10 58846
Tower.local [192.168.1.10] 58846 (?) open

this is with the latest image, are you doing this remotely or over a vpn, vlan's in place?, checked firewall logs?.

latest image, not remotely, same phyiscal network

logs show no errors

delugevpn | [info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...
delugevpn | 
delugevpn | 2021-03-15 16:39:12,462 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
delugevpn | [info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

7 minutes ago, frodr said:

nzbgetvpn: network type=bridge, extra parameters="nothing", LAN_NETWORK="my subnet" and "localhost"

i have NO idea what or who produced nzbgetvpn but that is not an image i have created, so you are on your own for support on that one.

im going to assume from your screenshot that sonarr and/or radarr are running through the network of delugevpn, correct?, if so then Q27 is applicable.:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

17 minutes ago, binhex said:

i have NO idea what or who produced nzbgetvpn but that is not an image i have created, so you are on your own for support on that one.

im going to assume from your screenshot that sonarr and/or radarr are running through the network of delugevpn, correct?, if so then Q27 is applicable.:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

I understand. Settings for b-delugevpn and b-nzbget. I can not connect to WebUI b-nzbget with "server:6789", but now I can connect to nzbget client within radarr. 

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 17.01.42.png

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 17.02.23.png

19 minutes ago, frodr said:

I can not connect to WebUI b-nzbget with "server:6789"

so firing up a web browser (ensure it is set NOT to use a proxy) and going to https://<your unraid servers ip address>:6789 does not allow you to connect to nzbget web ui?.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

so firing up a web browser (ensure it is set NOT to use a proxy) and going to https://<your unraid servers ip address>:6789 does not allow you to connect to nzbget web ui?.

That's correct. No proxy, serverip:6789. The strange thing is that the browser show the nzbget logo. 

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 18.47.02.png

58 minutes ago, binhex said:

hu?, that is not correct, you need to define LAN_NETWORK as your lan network, not localhost, see Q4 if you are unsure how to work out the correct value:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

I misunderstood this part in the FAQ:

Notes

Please keep in mind that when defining connections from an application to another application in the same VPN container network that you will need to set the host to 'localhost' and NOT the LAN IP address, this is because the applications are now bound to the same network and thus should communicate over 'localhost' and NOT the unRAID host IP address.

OK, I changed it my subnet. But I can still not connect to b-nzbget WebUI.

19 minutes ago, frodr said:

I misunderstood this part in the FAQ:

Notes

Please keep in mind that when defining connections from an application to another application in the same VPN container network that you will need to set the host to 'localhost' and NOT the LAN IP address, this is because the applications are now bound to the same network and thus should communicate over 'localhost' and NOT the unRAID host IP address.

OK, I changed it my subnet. But I can still not connect to b-nzbget WebUI.

Failing connect "server-ip:6789", then back in my browser and I get this:

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 20.20.26.png

I have been having all sorts of problems and need some help getting everything functional again. Here's a brief timeline of what's gone on.

With the recent updates to a variety of dockers, it seems that some configuration changes were needed on my end to get my "setup" functional. Essentially - running DelugeVPN in conjunction with sonarr, radarr, jackett, and sab.

With some help from folks here - i managed to work my way through https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

After doing so, everything seemed to be working without trouble. Sometime later, I was unable to access the SAB GUI.

Here is a log file from SAB that shows the problems i was having there. https://pastebin.com/cXiZcNwm

After being advised to give the fAQ another try - I attempted to add "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" with a value of 8080 to my container. Upon applying that, the command failed - i was taken back to the list of installed dockers and the docker had disappeared. I returned my previously installed apps page - installed it again and again continued to get a command failed notice due to bindings. I restarted my server, all off my dockers are listed again and everything "seems" okay - however,

I can't get into DelugeVPN GUI anymore due to the following:

2021-03-15 20:17:47,497 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

2021-03-15 20:17:47,956 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 7

2021-03-15 20:17:47,957 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://143.244.41.129/authv3/generateToken'
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

Meanwhile I still cannot access SAB's GUI due to the aforementioned log file (the latest logs have the same exact errors).

I can access sonarr and radarr without trouble and both seem to be functional save for sending anything to SAB. Search and such works no problemo. Any idea what's going on here?