[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

8 hours ago, helpermonkey said:
I have been having all sorts of problems and need some help getting everything functional again. Here's a brief timeline of what's gone on.

With the recent updates to a variety of dockers, it seems that some configuration changes were needed on my end to get my "setup" functional. Essentially - running DelugeVPN in conjunction with sonarr, radarr, jackett, and sab.

With some help from folks here - i managed to work my way through https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md
After doing so, everything seemed to be working without trouble. Sometime later, I was unable to access the SAB GUI.

Here is a log file from SAB that shows the problems i was having there. https://pastebin.com/cXiZcNwm

After being advised to give the fAQ another try - I attempted to add "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" with a value of 8080 to my container. Upon applying that, the command failed - i was taken back to the list of installed dockers and the docker had disappeared. I returned my previously installed apps page - installed it again and again continued to get a command failed notice due to bindings. I restarted my server, all off my dockers are listed again and everything "seems" okay - however,
I can't get into DelugeVPN GUI anymore due to the following:

2021-03-15 20:17:47,497 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 02021-03-15 20:17:47,956 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 72021-03-15 20:17:47,957 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://143.244.41.129/authv3/generateToken'[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

Meanwhile I still cannot access SAB's GUI due to the aforementioned log file (the latest logs have the same exact errors).

I can access sonarr and radarr without trouble and both seem to be functional save for sending anything to SAB. Search and such works no problemo. Any idea what's going on here?

screenshots of the 'edit' screen for all the containers you got issues with, also do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

7 hours ago, binhex said:

screenshots of the 'edit' screen for all the containers you got issues with, also do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Okay - attached are screen shots of SAB & Deluge (taken before i turned debug on in deluge) as well as the log files per those instructions.

Screenshot_2021-03-16 Buddha UpdateContainer.png

Screenshot_2021-03-16 Buddha UpdateContainer(1).png

supervisord.log supervisord.log

Edited by helpermonkey
12 minutes ago, helpermonkey said:

Okay - attached are screen shots of SAB & Deluge (taken before i turned debug on in deluge) as well as the log files per those instructions.

you have not set sabnzbd correctly, see below:-

image.png.457b7bbf0fadd0bff21fb56523b88955.png

note the fact you have set the extra parameters correctly BUT network type is still set to bridge, this needs to be set to 'none'.

see Q24:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

1 hour ago, binhex said:

you have not set sabnzbd correctly, see below:-

image.png.457b7bbf0fadd0bff21fb56523b88955.png

note the fact you have set the extra parameters correctly BUT network type is still set to bridge, this needs to be set to 'none'.

see Q24:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

ah whoops - yes sorry that was something i tried and forgot to switch it back. FYI - i havej sut switched it back and i'm still not able to access Deluge or SAB gui.

12 minutes ago, helpermonkey said:

ah whoops - yes sorry that was something i tried and forgot to switch it back. FYI - i havej sut switched it back and i'm still not able to access Deluge or SAB gui.

what is the ip address of your unraid server?, i suspect wrong LAN_NETWORK.

8 minutes ago, helpermonkey said:

ok thats correct then, and can you verify your browser is not set to use a proxy server, double check this.

also what is the ip address of the machine running the web browser attempting to connect to the deluge web ui?.

what is the url you are using to attempt connection to deluge web ui?

1 hour ago, binhex said:

ok thats correct then, and can you verify your browser is not set to use a proxy server, double check this.

also what is the ip address of the machine running the web browser attempting to connect to the deluge web ui?.

what is the url you are using to attempt connection to deluge web ui?

Okay - so i left things alone for an hour - and i can get back into the deluge GUI. I still can't access the sab gui using either ipaddress:8080 or servername.local:8080

1 hour ago, helpermonkey said:

the sab gui using either ipaddress:8080 or servername.local:8080

this is an issue with sab itself, taken from your log you can see it crashing:-

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 1767, in <module>

2021-03-16 11:16:14,177 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 1249, in main

sabnzbd.initialize(pause, clean_up, repair=repair)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/decorators.py", line 36, in call_func

return f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 312, in initialize
    sabnzbd.Downloader = sabnzbd.downloader.Downloader(sabnzbd.BPSMeter.read() or pause_downloader)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/bpsmeter.py", line 201, in read

self.update(server)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/bpsmeter.py", line 251, in update
    if not sabnzbd.Downloader.paused:
AttributeError: module 'sabnzbd' has no attribute 'Downloader'

please try renaming the file /config/sabnzbd.ini to sabnzbd.ini.old and then restart the container, it should then auto re-create the ini file and you will have to reconfigure sabnzbd but you should then be able to access the ui.

I have several working containers passing through binhex-delugevpn. (currently 7)

I'm having trouble reaching a new container (binhex-nbzhyrda2) after routing it's network through delugevpn. (it works fine in it's own bridge network)

As I've done with all my other passthrough containers, I've:

• added the port (5076)(TCP) in delugevpn
  • set the network type as none in the hydra container
  • set the extra parameters as 
    --net=container:binhex-delugevpn
     in the hydra container
  • Restarted both containers just to be sure (hydra was restarted after delugevpn)

After these steps, the container is still unreachable. I've verified that this port was not being used, but I went ahead and tried a different port - still no success.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

image.png.d44cbd169a1ffd4f3a486c1ef1cffa80.png

image.thumb.png.5cae683ad189cf8c1a6f5365e0354884.png

1 hour ago, binhex said:

this is an issue with sab itself, taken from your log you can see it crashing:-

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 1767, in <module>

main()
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py", line 1249, in main

sabnzbd.initialize(pause, clean_up, repair=repair)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/decorators.py", line 36, in call_func

return f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 312, in initialize
    sabnzbd.Downloader = sabnzbd.downloader.Downloader(sabnzbd.BPSMeter.read() or pause_downloader)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/bpsmeter.py", line 201, in read

self.update(server)
  File "/usr/lib/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/bpsmeter.py", line 251, in update
    if not sabnzbd.Downloader.paused:
AttributeError: module 'sabnzbd' has no attribute 'Downloader'

please try renaming the file /config/sabnzbd.ini to sabnzbd.ini.old and then restart the container, it should then auto re-create the ini file and you will have to reconfigure sabnzbd but you should then be able to access the ui.

UPDATE:

So I wiped the ini file and started over & now SAB won't load the gUI again (same error message). If i need to post in that thread let me know but here's what i did (the end result is that the log is spitting out the same information as you have quoted me on).

- I started with a new ini.
- logged in to the SAB Gui - rentered by usenet credentials.

- went to the configuration page and pointed all of the folder paths to /data/complete/<insert category name here..eg... tv, movies, etc>
- went to sonarr and radarr and updated the api key for SAB.

- went back to sab and tried to change hte folder paths to /data/complete and /data/incomplete.

At that point it said the folder wasn't empty so it couldn't do that.

- logged in with krusader and moved the files out of the appdata folder and into the data/incomplete folder.

- Tried to change the paths in the SAB GUI, hit save - got the same error message.

- Shut down SAB. Turned sab back on.

That error that you quoted has reappeared and i cannot access the docker gui anymore.

Edited by helpermonkey
14 hours ago, helpermonkey said:

- Shut down SAB. Turned sab back on.

That error that you quoted has reappeared and i cannot access the docker gui anymore.

then i can only assume there is a bug in sabnzbd that is triggered by routing the networking through the vpn container, the only course of action here is see if the sabnzbd developers will ackolwedge this as a bug, and if so fix it, otherwise you simply cannot run this particular container in this manner. to be honest at this point if i were you i would simply switch to use sabnzbdvpn and be happy, this is proven to work just fine without the complexity of routing the container through another.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

then i can only assume there is a bug in sabnzbd that is triggered by routing the networking through the vpn container, the only course of action here is see if the sabnzbd developers will ackolwedge this as a bug, and if so fix it, otherwise you simply cannot run this particular container in this manner. to be honest at this point if i were you i would simply switch to use sabnzbdvpn and be happy, this is proven to work just fine without the complexity of routing the container through another.

okay -yup it's a bug. they've fixed it but my guess is it won't impact me until you have a chance to update the docker?

I am happy to switch so correct me if i'm wrong here's a rough outline of what i need to do.

1) disable vpn in delugevpn

2) Uninstall sabnzbd and install Sabnzbdvpn

3)  then basically do everything i did to get delugevpn setup but instead point all of those containers to SAB and change that extra parameter to reference SABnzbdvpn and not delugevpn?

Would you still suggest the change once you're able to update the delugevpn docker?

Edited by helpermonkey
On 3/15/2021 at 8:12 AM, Burizado said:

Is anyone else seeing any issues with queued up torrents disappearing? 

I am noticing this happening every morning when checking my downloads.  I did some testing and it seems when Deluge restarts (this occurs everyday due to my nightly backup) it seems to loose all the torrents queued up.  Any torrents that have started at least a little download are not removed.  Only torrents that have not started downloading anything.

I just noticed this happening after updating Deluge.  I was using the new version with the proxy updates from a few weeks ago successfully, and only noticed this after updating late last week sometime.

For reference in my setup I am using 2 Radarr containers, 1 for normal content, and the other exclusively for 2160p content.  I do this to keep both versions of a single movie, but in separate directories and libraries in Plex.  I don't think the issue is with these applications as I see this occur for both Radarr instances and for Sonarr as well, and they only disappear when Deluge is restarted not Radarr, Sonarr, or Jackett.  Radarr, Sonarr, and Jackett are all setup using Deluge as the privoxy.

This has happened to me today, that's why I'm in this thread. I had 2 torrents queued (not actually started downloading) and I restarted the array (for a different issue) and when the container came back up they were gone. 

I also am having some completed (seeding) torrents going into Error, and the files are missing, frequently. But sonarr / radarr hardlinks / moves my media to my media / plex area so I'm not really too worried about that bug, but it is affecting my ratios on private trackers if I can't seed for 2 full weeks. 

Binhex... Do you want me to post some logs? I'd be happy to be a guinea pig and help with this. I think I still have my supervisord log from today when the container was restarted if that's helpful. There's nothing that stands out in it, to me. 

Does anybody else have a problem with the last couple of updates with labels?

I have my labels set and setup to autoremove, but they never autoremove until I click on label properties, and then close.

I don't have to change any settings, just go into and then close the label properties.

I set up delugevpn (following spaceinvader's video) a few months ago and it has been working fine, but now I am getting this error:

/root/openvpn.sh: line 70: 959 Bus error /usr/bin/openvpn --reneg-sec 0 --mute-replay-warnings --auth-nocache --setenv VPN_PROV 'pia' --setenv VPN_CLIENT 'openvpn' --setenv DEBUG 'false' --setenv VPN_DEVICE_TYPE 'tun0' --setenv VPN_ENABLED 'yes' --setenv VPN_REMOTE_SERVER 'nl-amsterdam.privacy.network' --setenv APPLICATION 'deluge' --script-security 2 --writepid /root/openvpn.pid --remap-usr1 SIGHUP --log-append /dev/stdout --pull-filter ignore 'up' --pull-filter ignore 'down' --pull-filter ignore 'route-ipv6' --pull-filter ignore 'ifconfig-ipv6' --pull-filter ignore 'tun-ipv6' --pull-filter ignore 'dhcp-option DNS6' --pull-filter ignore 'persist-tun' --pull-filter ignore 'reneg-sec' --up /root/openvpnup.sh --up-delay --up-restart --keepalive 10 60 --setenv STRICT_PORT_FORWARD 'yes' --setenv VPN_USER 'pXXXXXXXX' --setenv VPN_PASS 'XXXXXXXX' --down /root/openvpndown.sh --disable-occ --auth-user-pass credentials.conf --cd /config/openvpn --config '/config/openvpn/netherlands.ovpn' --remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1198 udp --remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1198 udp --remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1198 udp --remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1198 udp --remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1198 udp --remote-random

And deluge is not running.

I have done a complete reinstall, deleting the appdata folder and starting over, but I get the exact same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 2/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, NGDM said:

Hi @gergtreble , @binhex

Did you guys find a solution to this issue in the mean time?

I'm also encountering this problem (with one of my private trackers, for the moment) and looking for a solution.

I'm open to debug, troubleshoot or help finding a practical solution for this.

Do you have a non-dev build-tag which I could use to run as a separate instance for this tracker?

Thanks in advance!

Just curious if this issue was already resolved in some way?

I finally got around to fixing Sonarr and Radarr after the recent iptables update. However I'm still having trouble getting the FireFox extension Torrent Control (similar to delugesiphon on chrome) to work anymore.

I'm using it on my normal desktop computer with a DHCP assigned IP address without a port number so I cant just add the port to the "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" variable in the template like I did for the others. Do I need to change the deluge server address setting in the extension on top of any other changes in the template?

4 hours ago, squirrellydw said:

Im trying to run a container "ChannelsDVR" though DelugeVPN and following Spaceinvaders instructions.  However I can't add "--net=container:binhex-delugevpn" to the "extra parameters" because I already have something in there.   Is there away I can do this?

what is already defined in the extra params? most probably you can combine the commands

Dear Binhex,

I am kind of lost finding a solution, and I am most grateful if you find time to help me. I want to run b-nzbget and b-radar thru b-delugevpn. Delugevpn is running and I can connect to WebUI. Nzbget is running, no log error. But I can not connect to WebUI, "server:6789". 

Binhex-radar is running and I can connect to WebUI. Testing indexer and download clients = ok, but downloads and media library do not work. 

Setup pictures are attached. Happy for any help.

Cheers,

Frode

b-delugevpn setup 1.png

b-delugevpn setup 2.png

b-nzbget setup.png

b-radar setup.png