[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1 hour ago, binhex said:

firstly can i just mention that issues with this docker are NOT related to the version of unraid, there are no known compatibility issues with 6.9.2 or any other version for that matter., the issues people are seeing here are 100% related to the VPN provider.

ao both of you guys quoted above are using france endpoint i would suspect its down, you need to switch to another endpoint, the list of available endpoints that support port forwarding is shown in the log '/config/supervisord.log'

Hi @binhex  I didn't want to employ it was your fault, but or your dockers - as I feel that you are doing a fantastic job, as I mentioned I looked around and I was not able to find anything  and yes I will be changing my VPN France to something else and re-testing.

and also ' I didn't realise ' that the docker is complete independent from unraid so I will no long post my unraid version. 

UPDATE:  I just tried England and Israel and both are doing the same thing.  I will leave it for a few days to see if it sorts itself out.

Edited by chris_netsmart
15 minutes ago, zapp8rannigan said:

I'm not using OpenVPN anymore, i've switched to wireguard so no longer using france, according to the wg0.conf I'm using nl-amsterdam.privacy.network

netherlands also had issues a while ago and its possible they still have intermittent issues, try changing to sweden.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, chris_netsmart said:

Hi @binhex  I didn't want to employ it was your fault, but or your dockers - as I feel that you are doing a fantastic job, as I mentioned I looked around and I was not able to find anything  and yes I will be changing my VPN France to something else and re-testing.

and also ' I didn't relays ' that the docker is complete independent from unraid so I will no long post my unraid version. 

its fine, honestly, i didnt want it to come across narky, i just wanted to prevent any further 'i just upgraded unraid and now its broke' type posts, thats all 🙂

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, binhex said:

netherlands also had issues a while ago and its possible they still have intermittent issues, try changing to sweden.

No joy, same errors on the log file:

2021-04-14 13:31:45,778 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

2021-04-14 13:31:58,024 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

(though that one sounds like a good thing?)

2021-04-14 13:31:46,489 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

And this one is just a warning but is it something i should be worried about?

1 minute ago, zapp8rannigan said:

ignore this, its a pia json content issue

[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

(though that one sounds like a good thing?)

ignore, yes its a good thing and its not an error.

2021-04-14 13:31:46,489 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

it a warning about security permissions on the file, not to be concerned about.

so i see no issues there, please do the following:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

7 minutes ago, binhex said:

no issues there, that is a successful start, what is the ip address of the machine you are using to attempt connection to the deluge web ui?

I'm currently using wireguard to access my home network but i was local this morning and it wasn't working then either on the same ip range...

I assume I wouldn't be able to access the webui at the moment because its in debug mode?

Edited by zapp8rannigan
7 minutes ago, zapp8rannigan said:

I'm currently using wireguard to access my home network

that will be why you cannot access it now, as 'LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.10.20.0/24'' and your IP will now be in a different range and thus blocked.

7 minutes ago, zapp8rannigan said:

but i was local this morning and it wasn't working then either on the same ip range

this might of been fixed by switching endpoint, it def looks to be working now, so i think your issue is now that you are blocked on your vpn range due to LAN_NETWORK not including your vpn range, see previous comment above, wait till you get home and try it on your lan, or alternatively add in your vpn range to LAN_NETWORK (use comma to separate the networks) and restart the container and try accessing the web ui again.

I assume I wouldn't be able to access the webui at the moment because its in debug mode?

no not true, debug just gives more verbose output, it does not stop the web ui from running.

• Thanks 1

Hi, also seem to be having issue at the moment. Logs showing some errors. can you offer any advice please. Unable to access the GUI. PC on same network as unraid/deluge 192.168.10.0/24

Getting this 2021-04-14 14:45:41,730 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://10.0.0.1/authv3/generateToken'
[info] 4 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

Thanks

supervisord.log

• Like 1
15 hours ago, TrueImpulse said:

For me it was simply adding " :latest " to the end of the repository line. I'm also using wireguard/pia connecting to Toronto.image.thumb.png.bba8006d24ad97d2d350d0436f681246.png

Thanks but i didn't changed things to me : still failing when using PIA Wireguard VPN, working if I disable it

I even tried to move from Amsterdam PIA endpoint to the France one and same issue

37 minutes ago, Torih said:

Hi, also seem to be having issue at the moment. Logs showing some errors. can you offer any advice please. Unable to access the GUI. PC on same network as unraid/deluge 192.168.10.0/24

Getting this 2021-04-14 14:45:41,730 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://10.0.0.1/authv3/generateToken'
[info] 4 retries left

Thanks

supervisord.log 86.21 kB · 0 downloads

try a different endpoint, france looks to be dead right now.

• Thanks 1

Hello I am trying to start a container from fresh using wireguard and PIA but I am getting the following in the docker logs?

2021-04-15 00:15:40,475 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2021-04-15 00:15:40,600 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 7

2021-04-15 00:15:40,600 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://143.244.41.129/authv3/generateToken'

I assume this just means it's an issue with PIA and I just have to wait? But was also concerned about the previous two parse errors...

2 minutes ago, HNGamingUK said:

Hello I am trying to start a container from fresh using wireguard and PIA but I am getting the following in the docker logs?

2021-04-15 00:15:40,475 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2021-04-15 00:15:40,600 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2021-04-15 00:15:40,600 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://143.244.41.129/authv3/generateToken'

I assume this just means it's an issue with PIA and I just have to wait? But was also concerned about the previous two parse errors...

The first two aren't important. If you scroll up a little you'll see that there has been a bit of discussion about this today. I believe most people solved the last one by switching endpoints.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

The first two aren't important. If you scroll up a little you'll see that there has been a bit of discussion about this today. I believe most people solved the last one by switching endpoints.

Yeh I saw the only thing is that due to this being a new setup there is no wireguard .conf file in the wireguard directory for me to be able to change the endpoint....

Hey,

I setup DelugeVPN following Spaceinvander One's video. My private trackers are not playing nice with Privoxy and I tried to turn it off, DelugeVPN would not boot up, so I turned Privoxy back on. I am now getting the below error, and DelugeVPN still will not start up

Is there a way I can get DelugeVPN back up and running without reinstalling the docker? Can I turn off Privoxy without reinstalling the Docker?

TIA

13 hours ago, binhex said:

that is an unfortunate move as i think both of those might have issues, try swden (works for me).

I do confirm it works with Sweden (where it doesn't with Netherlands, France, Belgium), thanks a lot for your assistance :)

Edited by WishmastR
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, WishmastR said:

I do confirm it works with Sweden (where it doesn't with Netherlands, France, Belgium), thanks a lot for your assistance :)

had more of a in depth look into this this morning and i can confirm if i switch to netherlands i am seeing 503 gateway failures on PIA side, but its intermittent, i restarted the container and it started fine, so i am happy that no changes to the API have happened, its just PIA being a bit shit, hopefully they will get it sorted, god PIA can really be a Pain In the Arse sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi Guys,

I just possibly found a fix for the:

"Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://10.0.0.1/authv3/generateToken"  Issue that multiple people reported above. 

aka: "DEBG 'start-script' stderr output: parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 7, column 0"

My Solution: I set the container to "Privileged Mode" and it started working. 

20 minutes ago, nikizm said:

Hi Guys,

I just possibly found a fix for the:

"Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://10.0.0.1/authv3/generateToken"  Issue that multiple people reported above. 

aka: "DEBG 'start-script' stderr output: parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 7, column 0"

My Solution: I set the container to "Privileged Mode" and it started working. 

dont do this its a coincidence, pia is having intermittent issues on some of their endpoints, you just happened to catch pia endpoint working, nothing to do with privileged mode.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, Roudy said:

Deluge doesn't really keep track of files, it just downloads what is sent to it. You may want to look at whatever you have sending downloads to Deluge. It sounds like it is losing track of the file once it is complete and it is thinking it failed and reinitiates the download again.

I appreciate the offering of help but that's not quite how torrenting works with any client. However, I've moved to the Transmission docker, now everything works fine. 

24 minutes ago, Keek Uras said:

I appreciate the offering of help but that's not quite how torrenting works with any client. However, I've moved to the Transmission docker, now everything works fine. 

Deluge doesn't just go find files to download. It is either sent to it or placed in a watch folder that it scans. I could be missing something from your vague initial request, but either way, glad you got everything working now.