[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

7 minutes ago, wobblewoo said:

Thanks and done. It created (multiple) 10Mb text files with what looked like repeated info, so ive scrubbed alot of it. I can also see an IP address in the Netherlands, which is what i wanted

supervisord.log 7.74 kB · 0 downloads

this is the issue, from your log:-

2021-04-21 17:16:11 neither stdin nor stderr are a tty device and you have neither a controlling tty nor systemd - can't ask for 'Enter Private Key Password:'.  If you used --daemon, you need to use --askpass to make passphrase-protected keys work, and you can not use --auth-nocache.
2021-04-21 17:16:11 Exiting due to fatal error

so you have a pass phrase on your private key, but there is no way to enter in the pass phrase, simples solution is to go to vpn provider and remove the pass phrase, make sure you re-download and replace files after this.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:04 PM, chris_netsmart said:

I have gotten to start again, but uninstalling it and reinstalling it  but I am still now able to webGUI onto it

deluge settings

image.png.dc2b5c2c64fd1728af5bf970e457b93c.png

image.png.006db69844fda6ef5ab1fed07b2c0c70.png

jdownloader

settings

image.thumb.png.a0e752ba2d569e43a0350fe268edcb82.png

image.png.4102533528643534b662af8ad9c3d513.png

logs

I'm assuming you are using Djoss's image. In the settings it states "NOTE: This applies only when Network Type is set to Bridge. For other network types, port 5800 should be used instead." Give 5800 a try. 

14 minutes ago, binhex said:

so you have a pass phrase on your private key, but there is no way to enter in the pass phrase, simples solution is to go to vpn provider and remove the pass phrase, make sure you re-download and replace files after this.

Thanks @binhex Nice Avatar, reminds me of being a kid again.

I cant see a way of doing that (removing passphrase) so i've just sent a support ticket to VPNSecure.me. 

In the meantime, whats this:
If you used --daemon, you need to use --askpass to make passphrase-protected keys work, and you can not use --auth-nocache.

On 4/5/2017 at 12:49 AM, danith said:

For anyone else with this, make a file with the password in /config/openvpn/, then in the docker settings set the VPN_OPTIONS key to --askpass /config/openvpn/<file with the password in it>

@danith I have the same error trying to use the Deluge Container, can you help?

I've put these files downloaded from my VPNSecure into appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn

ca.crt

dh2048.pem

myusername.crt

myusername.key

nl1-TCP-myusername.ovpn

Then i asked VPNSecure for my password and they sent a 'key file', when i open it, its formatted like this:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
xxxxxx A String of characters xxxxxx
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

I put that file, called myusername.pass into the same openvpn folder as above and add this to Key 6 VPN_OPTIONS:

--askpass /config/openvpn/wobblewoo.pass

It still doesn't work, Can you help?

supervisord.log

3 minutes ago, wobblewoo said:

Then i asked VPNSecure for my password and they sent a 'key file', when i open it, its formatted like this:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
xxxxxx A String of characters xxxxxx
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

strip out everything apart from the <string of characters>, you simply want the password only in that file.

Done, still not working, same error in the log.

There were line breaks within the .pass file, but i left those. Ive attached what it looks like, i've amended a load of characters so its not exact.

All the files seem to contain:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN DH PARAMETERS----- -----BEGIN ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY----- etc

I don't know if it matters, but the .ovpn file seems to contain some or all of the other files within it.

For instance, if i open the .ovpn file, within a <ca></ca> tag is the details held in the ca.crt file.

test.pass.txt

Hello there, I have troubles connecting to my custom wireguard server using the image.
It used to work perfectly but then something has happened. I noticed that after Docker Desktop update.
Host OS: macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)

Please help to resolve the issue.

The gist of it looks like that (full supervisord.log is attached)

2021-04-23 21:41:03,626 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
[#] ip link add wg0 type wireguard

2021-04-23 21:41:03,629 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: Unknown device type.

2021-04-23 21:41:03,632 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Unable to access interface: Protocol not supported

2021-04-23 21:41:03,633 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
[#] ip link delete dev wg0

2021-04-23 21:41:03,638 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Cannot find device "wg0"

2021-04-23 21:41:03,639 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] WireGuard interface failed to come 'up', exit code is '1'

supervisord.log

I used this docker in the past and really liked it but ran into a few issues with deluge v2 so switched to qBittorrentVPN. I saw that the app has been updated so thought I would give it a try but it doesn't seem to be starting. Can't connect to the webUI. Looked at the supervisord log and it seems to be an issue with PIA. I'm using exactly the same openvpn directory with both dockers and qBit connects without any issue so I'm not sure what's going on. I've attached supervisord.log.

supervisord.log

1 hour ago, erfly7 said:

Not entirely clear on last part of switching to Wireguard

Do I need to download any files from PIA?

How do I change that /config/wireguard/wg0.conf ? file

Wireguard is not required, if your in this forum then speed is not going to improve anything when you can be using TCP and not UDP.

20 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I used this docker in the past and really liked it but ran into a few issues with deluge v2 so switched to qBittorrentVPN. I saw that the app has been updated so thought I would give it a try but it doesn't seem to be starting. Can't connect to the webUI. Looked at the supervisord log and it seems to be an issue with PIA. I'm using exactly the same openvpn directory with both dockers and qBit connects without any issue so I'm not sure what's going on. I've attached supervisord.log.

supervisord.log 10.76 kB · 1 download

I had a similar issue where the Deluge and Deluge Web UI weren't starting. I was using an older image and ended up just deleting the image and the directory and started from scratch. It worked after that, but I was unable to determine the root cause from the docker log and the logs in the container. I couldn't even manually start the service. 

45 minutes ago, Roudy said:

I had a similar issue where the Deluge and Deluge Web UI weren't starting. I was using an older image and ended up just deleting the image and the directory and started from scratch. It worked after that, but I was unable to determine the root cause from the docker log and the logs in the container. I couldn't even manually start the service. 

This was the current build but with my previous config. I might give it a shot from scratch and see if that works.

3 hours ago, erfly7 said:

Don't understand?

Wireguard is a new VPN protocol written from the ground up as an alternative to the openVPN standard.

However, unless its changed fundamentally it works only with UDP and not TCP, for what your doing the slightly slower but more reliable TCP of openVPN will be better.

You should also be focusing on support which with Wireguard is less since its new, less server nodes support it and you need nodes with port forwarding support which are already a rare before looking at Wireguard.

Edited by ados
Errors
1 hour ago, ados said:

Wireguard is a new VPN protocol written from the ground up as an alternative to the openVPN standard.

However, unless its changed it works only with UDP and not TCP, for what you doing the slightly slower but more reliable TCP of openVPN will be better.

You should also be focusing on support which with Wireguard is less since its new, less server nodes support it and you need nodes with port forwarding support which are already a rare before looking at Wireguard.

Ok thanks sorry.

19 minutes ago, erfly7 said:

Ok thanks sorry.

Don't apologise, looking for improvements and better systems is the idea but for your use case openVPN is the way to go.

You already have PIA which is the best place to start for port forwarding servers.

Edited by ados

So I feel like other people have been having the same issue, but I've tried some of the fixes in this and the qbittorrent thread to no luck. I use PIA and recently the WebUI of deluge and qbittorrent won't load when I enable the VPN in the container settings, but it will when I disable it. I downloaded the most recent OpenVPN config files from PIA, with no luck. I also changed the files from Toronto to Ontario, as someone mentioned in this thread, also to no luck. Removing the container image and deleting all files with the CA cleanup utility and starting fresh also did nothing. Before the issue, I had set VPN client to OpenVPN in the settings, which seemed to cause a lot of errors in the logs when I noticed the WebUI stopped working (first image). Changing the client to Wireguard stopped the errors, but didn't fix the issue (2nd screenshot). I only had the chance to grab screenshots from qbittorrent, but everything's the same in my deluge container and only this thread has mentioned the issue so far. 

Run Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='p9059745' -e 'VPN_PASS'='Pchmielparry1' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='10.0.0.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8585:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/data/torrents/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/data/torrents/':'/data/torrents/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

9f17edc8fb8baa0a4136f909c6f274d3830d8042a5733616e7cb2a580d09f054

The command finished successfully!

I also attached pics of the ports and OpenVPN within Appdata. This is probably a pretty minor issue with something that I'm overlooking.

image.thumb.png.39c832e2be8c3c52ef1ec1c4b962bd2e.pngimage.thumb.png.4cfa5a1ece26516e0cbda3a8510401f6.pngimage.png.b54a9d8b1c7f5387f751d4369dfd4c43.pngimage.png.6dee7210b225745af00c86263579c43e.png

home-diagnostics-20210425-2215.zip

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa

Suddenly today I'm getting 

2021-04-26 09:16:36,438 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS failure, creating file '/tmp/dnsfailure' to indicate failure...

This error comes after a couple rounds of 

2021-04-26 09:14:01,357 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'http://whatismyip.akamai.com'...

2021-04-26 09:14:29,394 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'https://ifconfig.co/ip'...

2021-04-26 09:14:57,431 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'https://showextip.azurewebsites.net'...

Is this something related to PIA? I haven't changed anything lately and it worked yesterday. I'm using:

• Wireguard with PIA
  • Swiss endpoint in the wg0 file
  • Swiss > France > De-Berlin > De-Frankfurt for my openVPN config file 

I'm also now unable to upload / download. Deluge WebUI opens, but all my torrents are 0 up and 0 down.