[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hi, 

I am getting an error while trying to start the docker. 

image.png.674fa910dcc40a3efd84d2d2a6c2382a.png

I got this problem before but a reboot of the docker or even the complete system would restart it. Turning off the vpn starts the dockers. 

I use PIA and wireguard. It worked until a few hours ago and after I restarted my dockers it doesn't want to start. 

Starting the VPN client in Windows works just fine. 

On 5/17/2021 at 12:45 PM, Remamian said:

To add, the torrents DO show peers connecting, just no bandwidth being used. 

Reloaded all the PIA credentials, same thing. I did notice a behavior i had not witnessed before. That top torrent is seeding just fine right now, no issues, but the rest of them do not. I deleted all of those other ones and i am re-downloading but still wont seed

image.thumb.png.daba0c8689d27219c31d45a3d0195be3.png

The below info is for Windows 1809 All Versions. As you can see lots of connections but 0 upload, this is the same with all the 0 torrents. These are the top leecher torrents on IPTor so should be constantly being downloaded.

image.png.d8e44c53748beee7ba14778b603564b2.png

My delugevpn also seems to be down. Was working fine yesterday and there were no updates for the container either.

From the container log:

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'

I tried to hit the same PIA auth endpoint with basic authorization and I think that might be the problem. The endpoint is returning 500:

{
    "status": "ERROR",
    "message": "server error: all APIs down; please report bug"
}

I think it's an error on PIA's side. I'll email their support about the issue.

13 minutes ago, acii said:

My delugevpn also seems to be down. Was working fine yesterday and there were no updates for the container either.

From the container log:

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'

I tried to hit the same PIA auth endpoint with basic authorization and I think that might be the problem. The endpoint is returning 500:

{
}

I get that if i have STRICT_PORT_FORWARDING on, try turning if off?

2 hours ago, Remamian said:

I get that if i have STRICT_PORT_FORWARDING on, try turning if off?

Yup, turning off the STRICT_PORT_FORWARDING gets rid of that problem. However, I'd like to run the vpn with port forwarding. For now, I'll leave it off and check it later

13 hours ago, workermaster said:

Hi, 

I am getting an error while trying to start the docker. 

image.png.674fa910dcc40a3efd84d2d2a6c2382a.png

I got this problem before but a reboot of the docker or even the complete system would restart it. Turning off the vpn starts the dockers. 

I use PIA and wireguard. It worked until a few hours ago and after I restarted my dockers it doesn't want to start. 

Starting the VPN client in Windows works just fine. 

12 hours ago, Dees said:

Same error for me.  Following thread for a solution.  

12 hours ago, Marlat said:

Same error for me!

11 hours ago, acii said:

From the container log:

{
}

this is 100% a PIA issue, people on the SABnzbdvpn thread have JUST tried it again and confirmed its now working, so give the container a restart and see what you get now.

edit - works for me on a restart, connected to netherlands via wireguard.

• Like 1

Working for me now.

Does anyone know of a port checker plugin/dockerfor checking to see if the forwarded port is open?

EDIT - answer to my question for anyone else that's interested - ipleak.net has a magnet link which checks the deluge client for the IP address and port, so there is no need for an Unraid based solution.

Edited by be4con
SOLVED
  • Like 1
On 5/19/2021 at 4:24 PM, Remamian said:

Reloaded all the PIA credentials, same thing. I did notice a behavior i had not witnessed before. That top torrent is seeding just fine right now, no issues, but the rest of them do not. I deleted all of those other ones and i am re-downloading but still wont seed

image.thumb.png.daba0c8689d27219c31d45a3d0195be3.png

The below info is for Windows 1809 All Versions. As you can see lots of connections but 0 upload, this is the same with all the 0 torrents. These are the top leecher torrents on IPTor so should be constantly being downloaded.

image.png.d8e44c53748beee7ba14778b603564b2.png

So i grabbed a new top seeded thing that i have not downloaded in the past and its also seeding properly. Maybe there is a cached thing with these old ones thats keeping them from seeding properly. Is there some way to i dunno 'clear cache' of deluge?

EDIT: I completely uninstalled deluge, deleted app data and reinstalled from scratch. Redownloaded the above torrents and they are doing the same thing. Peers will connect but uploading is not happening... 

Edited by Remamian
22 hours ago, binhex said:

this is 100% a PIA issue, people on the SABnzbdvpn thread have JUST tried it again and confirmed its now working, so give the container a restart and see what you get now.

I'm having no luck whatsoever. I know there's been PIA issues in the past so I even gave AirVPN a shot, to no avail.

Setting port forwarding to 'no' also hasn't helped me to getting the Web UI working.
For now I guess I'm not downloading torrents or using my VPN through any containers.

7 minutes ago, be4con said:

Does anyone know of a way I can propagate port changes in the docker back to my router so I don't have to do it manually to maintain port forwarding with PIA?

I'm running an ASUS AC86U with Merlin firmware. TIA

If you are correctly using a VPN tunnel, the WAN IP and ports on your router don't apply. They simply aren't used. At all.

This container if working properly does all the needed port forwarding and updating that is needed.

26 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

If you are correctly using a VPN tunnel, the WAN IP and ports on your router don't apply. They simply aren't used. At all.

This container if working properly does all the needed port forwarding and updating that is needed.

That's interesting, because unless I manually forward the port on my router it shows as closed.

What do you mean by 'correctly using'?

The container works fine, the log shows connected to PIA and gives a port which it maintains. As far as I can tell the VPN function is working OK - how else would I check it?

Edited by be4con
further question
On 5/20/2021 at 10:06 AM, binhex said:

Worked again after a few hours. I have no idea why. Thanks for your reply. 

Hey! So recently I just started having issues with my Deluge container running on a Synology DS918+, it just keeps restarting and I cant' access the web gui.

I'm using Torguard as VPN-provider.

My Enviroment settings look like this.

Could be that it started when I updated my Synology, perhaps it changed something?

I've tried deleting the container and recreated it, didn't help.

image.thumb.png.6a73fb7686d3d9c535848bf82eafc314.png

image.thumb.png.7ee4bb42ae0321b9b5cfce9bb17c2b7f.png 

Edited by e2zippo
On 5/23/2021 at 6:01 PM, e2zippo said:

Hey! So recently I just started having issues with my Deluge container running on a Synology DS918+, it just keeps restarting and I cant' access the web gui.

I'm using Torguard as VPN-provider.

My Enviroment settings look like this.

Could be that it started when I updated my Synology, perhaps it changed something?

I've tried deleting the container and recreated it, didn't help.

See Q17: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md 

22 hours ago, Philby1975 said:

I've just set up a trial for PIA and wondering if I should be using OPENVPN 2.4 or '2.3 and earlier'. Also curious about the fact that OPENVPN files are TCP but the app (running in KALI) uses UDP. Not an expert on protocols but wondering why this might be ?

Been years since I was using PIA, but maybe I can answer you anyway. Always use the most recent version of any software unless it for some reason gives you issues. PIA have .ovpn files for both TCP and UDP (at least they used to when I was using them). Use UDP if you can, as that is the fastest protocol.

• Thanks 1

So I am not able to get torguard working via wireguard.

I have generated a known good config that works on my phone via lte and on my desktop.

It does not work with this docker however.

Watching the log in debug mode it reads "Having issues resolving name 'www.google.com'"

Keeps trying for x times then just fails.

Connecting to the console of this docker, I cannot ping the dns and thus cant get any name resolution.

At this point it attempts to get the vpn public IP but fails as it can resolve any address.

Thus far I've completely removed docker and reinstalled it, completely removed deluge and reinstalled it...

Any ideas of what I can try?

On 5/21/2021 at 9:02 PM, be4con said:

That's interesting, because unless I manually forward the port on my router it shows as closed.

What do you mean by 'correctly using'?

The container works fine, the log shows connected to PIA and gives a port which it maintains. As far as I can tell the VPN function is working OK - how else would I check it?

Just bumping this as I am still confused by this an hoping someone can help.

If I don't port forward on my router then the port shows as closed and I am not connectable on the tracker. What am I doing wrong if port forwarding on my router isn't needed?

Port Forwarding Question.

Below photos show logs and 'open ports' according to the console. Does this confirm that PIA VPN is port forwarding the correct port ? If not what do I need to do to a) forward the correct port; and b) confirm it is forwarding correctly. All my research so far indicates that this docker should do it all.

image.png.be583a458b1ca6521b35b094702d700c.png

image.png.ea5d1d91309a210395857210994a8ffe.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:44 PM, be4con said:

Just bumping this as I am still confused by this an hoping someone can help.

If I don't port forward on my router then the port shows as closed and I am not connectable on the tracker. What am I doing wrong if port forwarding on my router isn't needed?

Maybe I missunderstand what you mean or I don't understand how this container work, but why would NAT on your router have anything to do with this container?
The VPN function of the container punch a hole through the router, to the service you use on the outside. The resulting VPN tunnel have all ports open until some of them are closed by the iptables stuff configured within the container.

Because the session is initiated from the LAN side of your router there is no need to configure any port forwarding rules - right?

Edit: I now see further up that you made a reference to open ports in connection with ipleak.net. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you made the test with the magnet link in the torrent client inside the container and looking for leakage in the ipleak.net interface - right? In that case the web browser isn't using the the same VPN as the container and wouldn't show the right information.
If your browser use the same VPN tunnel as the container I would like to know how you set that up. Would be a handy test for me to.

Edited by tetrapod
Additional info

Hi! Lately i'm having issues with the container dying at random times, Is there a possibility to have the docker healthcheck running for this container? 

It would help a lot to detect when the issue happens and check the logs.