binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3756 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, binhex said:

one more thing to check, are you copying and pasting the credentials or are you manually typing the credentials into the unraid web ui configuration for the docker?, if you are copying and pasting then watch out for spaces at the beginning/end of the username and/or password (encountered by other user).

I am not cutting and pasting (I thought of that some time ago...), I made sure to type in the login details manually...

I'm currently waiting on a support ticket with PIA to see if it's something on their end, although I can log into my

account on their website using the exact same credentials with no problems....  This issue is becoming more and

more frustrating, to say the least...  I'm hoping it has something to do with PIA at this point...

Edited by RGauld

My apologies to all who have helped me with this issue....  I finally received a response to my support ticket from PIA....

It seems that because I turned off the auto-renewal option on my account, they decided that my account was no longer

active...   I'm sorry for suggesting it was an unRAID issue, or a docker issue, as I had no idea PIA would cancel my account...

I have since informed PIA that my account is not to be cancelled, considering I paid for a 2 year subscription, and that I'd

appreciate it if they would re-enable my account....  I will let you all know what the results are as soon as they fix their error...

Help needed 

I can not get binhex-delugevpn running with pia 

i have follow all the instruction, butI all I get at that the 

This site can’t be reached and that the  refused to connect. 

I have attempted to resolve this issue for about a week

Please advise....

5 hours ago, Dsax35 said:

Help needed 

I can not get binhex-delugevpn running with pia 

i have follow all the instruction, butI all I get at that the 

This site can’t be reached and that the  refused to connect. 

I have attempted to resolve this issue for about a week

Please advise....

follow steps in url below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

So, I have been having this issue for 6+ months now. Everything seems to be working correctly except the WebUI. This is not related to the PIA endpoint as I have double and triple checked as well as switching endpoints multiple times. I am also sure that I am getting a good VPN connection because the CheckMyTorrentIp.png file is giving me a different IP from my actual IP (in the Deluge desktop app pointed to the DelugeVPN Daemon). So everything works, but when I try to load the webUI, on my local network I get a blank page. It has "Deluge: We UI 1.3.15" in the tab so the head section is at least partially loading, but the page is just white. There are just a couple of empty DIVs in the HTML. I have pitched my Docker image a couple of time and reinstalled using my saved template, no change. I've attached the supervisord log containing the last couple restarts. Like I said this issue has been ongoing for so long I don't have any idea when it last worked. I have just been getting along with the desktop deluge app, but I'd much prefer to have WebUI access. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Running UnRAID 6.6.1 with all plugins updated.

supervisord_truncated.log

Edited by eb3k

4 hours ago, eb3k said:

So, I have been having this issue for 6+ months now. Everything seems to be working correctly except the WebUI. This is not related to the PIA endpoint as I have double and triple checked as well as switching endpoints multiple times. I am also sure that I am getting a good VPN connection because the CheckMyTorrentIp.png file is giving me a different IP from my actual IP (in the Deluge desktop app pointed to the DelugeVPN Daemon). So everything works, but when I try to load the webUI, on my local network I get a blank page. It has "Deluge: We UI 1.3.15" in the tab so the head section is at least partially loading, but the page is just white. There are just a couple of empty DIVs in the HTML. I have pitched my Docker image a couple of time and reinstalled using my saved template, no change. I've attached the supervisord log containing the last couple restarts. Like I said this issue has been ongoing for so long I don't have any idea when it last worked. I have just been getting along with the desktop deluge app, but I'd much prefer to have WebUI access. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Running UnRAID 6.6.1 with all plugins updated.

supervisord_truncated.log

so yur log looks clean and that is a successful start so im not worried that its something obvious, im assuming that your lan network is defined correctly (can connect via deluge app), just incase double check this value as shown in the log:-

2018-10-11 22:21:43.576691 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

see here for how to calculate it Q3:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

so if that value is correct then i would assume its one of the following:-

1. pc firewall - try temporarily turning off any firewall running on the pc, alternatively try from another pc/tablet/phone

2. browser plugin - try running your browser in safe mode with NO plugins enabled, alternatively install another browser and try using that.

3. router/firewall blocking - take a look at any firewall/router you might have on your lan (running pfsense?) and make sure the connection isnt being blocked.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

so if that value is correct then i would assume its one of the following:-

1. pc firewall - try temporarily turning off any firewall running on the pc, alternatively try from another pc/tablet/phone

2. browser plugin - try running your browser in safe mode with NO plugins enabled, alternatively install another browser and try using that.

3. router/firewall blocking - take a look at any firewall/router you might have on your lan (running pfsense?) and make sure the connection isnt being blocked.

Binhex,

Thanks for the quick reply. I double checked the LAN_NETWORK setting. I remember having to try that a couple times when I first set up the docker.

1. I get this same result on every browser on every device. 4 Windows computers running Chrome, Firefox and Edge on each. My Android phone in Chrome. Linux with Chrome and FireFox. And a Chrome Book.

2. I have tried brand new browser installations as well as incognito mode on a few machines.

3. I only have 1 router on my network. I have not installed any firewalls, but I am sure the firmware has been updated. I couldn't pinpoint an event that triggered the loss of WebUI. One day it worked, then a few days later I went to look again and it didn't load anymore. Since then I've been trying all sorts of things on and off trying to find the solution. I suppose an update to the router could have installed something that blocks the connection, but I'm not sure how to check since I didn't knowingly install something new.

4. I've turned off all my other Dockers in case one of them is publishing something to my network that is blocking the connection.

I'm really at a loss. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. My other dockers work with it. I have your Sonarr and Radarr working seamlessly with DelugeVPN including running Privoxy. I run the desktop Deluge client on several of those machines and they work fine. VPN connection is solid. The UI page is accessible since the head and some divs load in the browser. It's like it just doesn't load the whole thing, or like the divs should have some external or JS dynamic content and they don't. I looked more at the HTML and I see a lot of JS script tags in the head section so I assume they should be loading content into the divs for display.

And just more history, On this hardware I was running the DelugeVPN docker successfully for over a year with WebUI working. Then one day it just stopped loading. And for the life of me I can't think of anything changed between it working and not.

If you have any other ideas on what I could try I'd really appreciate it. I think I'm going to try loading your non VPN version just to see if I can get the WebUI to load in a totally fresh docker without my template and no VPN to potently cause any issues.

Well, The non VPN version of binhex-deluge loads the WebUI just fine. So either I Have a VPN issue, but that appears to be working, or there is a setting I have made in my template that is breaking things. Maybe it's a corrupted preference file that is being reloaded even after I ditch the Docker image file?

19 minutes ago, eb3k said:

Well, The non VPN version of binhex-deluge loads the WebUI just fine. So either I Have a VPN issue, but that appears to be working, or there is a setting I have made in my template that is breaking things. Maybe it's a corrupted preference file that is being reloaded even after I ditch the Docker image file?

SOLVED!

I installed a new instance of DelugeVPN and one file at a time I copied preference files from the new fresh install into my existing docker. Re started the docker after each and checked. Looks like web.conf was corrupted or something. Once I swapped that file the WebUI came back. Testing the files one by one I was able to revert back to all my existing settings files except that one and it looks like all my preferences are where I left them. Wow, I wish I'd thought to start comparing config files 6 months ago. Oh well. Thanks, Binhex, for your help and all your great dockers.

• Like 1

After all of the issues I've had, it would appear that PIA went ahead and cancelled my account, which was the reason that I couldn't get the docker to work properly...   After some time spent with PIA support, they finally refunded my purchase, and I decided to go with another vpn provider...  I have since re-configured all the docker containers to the new vpn provider, and they work perfectly!  My thanks to Binhex and everyone else who helped me with this problem!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

After all of the issues I've had, it would appear that PIA went ahead and cancelled my account, which was the reason that I couldn't get the docker to work properly...   After some time spent with PIA support, they finally refunded my purchase, and I decided to go with another vpn provider...  I have since re-configured all the docker containers to the new vpn provider, and they work perfectly!  My thanks to Binhex and everyone else who helped me with this problem!

Care to share the reason PIA used for this? I don't mean personal stuff, just wondering II f this is something others need to be concerned about.

5 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Care to share the reason PIA used for this?

Reading between the lines, I'd say it's because the account was cancelled for non-payment, and they refused to reactivate it and wanted him to sign up for a new account instead of applying the payment to the cancelled account and reactivating it. With auto-renewal off, it's on the user to make sure payment is kept up to date to keep the account active.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, RGauld said:

It seems that because I turned off the auto-renewal option on my account, they decided that my account was no longer

active.

16 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Reading between the lines, I'd say it's because the account was cancelled for non-payment, and they refused to reactivate it and wanted him to sign up for a new account instead of applying the payment to the cancelled account and reactivating it. With auto-renewal off, it's on the user to make sure payment is kept up to date to keep the account active.

No, the account was in good standing, and had 20 months left on it...  I simply didn't want the auto-renewal on...

21 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Care to share the reason PIA used for this? I don't mean personal stuff, just wondering II f this is something others need to be concerned about.

No reason, other than I guess they thought i wanted to cancel my account...  I just dont like the auto-renewal option...  I prefer to renew manually...

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

No, the account was in good standing, and had 20 months left on it...  I simply didn't want the auto-renewal on...

Oh, sorry. I thought in an earlier post you said the account had lapsed, and then you paid for 2 years to reactivate it.

I’m having trouble getting your SABnzbd vpn and deluge vpn running at the same time, it has to do with the port 8118, I have tried changing this when I do the install will pass but I can’t access the web page.. any help would be greatly appreciated 

6 hours ago, Lassley7 said:

I’m having trouble getting your SABnzbd vpn and deluge vpn running at the same time, it has to do with the port 8118, I have tried changing this when I do the install will pass but I can’t access the web page.. any help would be greatly appreciated 

Privoxy is running on port 8118. You'll need to remove the port mapping for that port on one of the containers. Or maybe it works if you just disable privoxy on one of them, I can't really remember. In any case, you only need privoxy running on one of the containers.

If you still have issues please enable debug logging and post the complete supervisord.log file located in your appdata folder.

And Tyler, (I'm just guessing that's your name) you should also change your PIA password asap. Mods will probably remove the screenshot as I reported your post. 

Edit: And if you're posting your log file be sure to remove your PIA username/password first.

Edited by strike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, strike said:

Privoxy is running on port 8118. You'll need to remove the port mapping for that port on one of the containers. Or maybe it works if you just disable privoxy on one of them, I can't really remember. In any case, you only need privoxy running on one of the containers.

If you still have issues please enable debug logging and post the complete supervisord.log file located in your appdata folder.

And Tyler, (I'm just guessing that's your name) you should also change your PIA password asap. Mods will probably remove the screenshot as I reported your post. 

Edit: And if you're posting your log file be sure to remove your PIA username/password first.

I didn’t even notice this thank you! I have changed the pia password.. all good there thankfully, I was able to run one of the containers at a time, is this the only option? Is there no other port for privoxy? Would it be ideal to use it for deluge over SABnzbd? Also is there anyway to make sure the VPN is actually working? I’d feel much better if I knew it was for sure being secured. Thanks for the reply 

There's no reason you can't run both containers simultaneously, you just need to check there are no conflicting ports and that you're not exceeding the number of vpn connections that are allowed. I've never used sabnzb so I don't know which ports it's using other than the privoxy port. Regarding privoxy if you want to use that, you only need to enable it on one of the containers as I mentioned. And it doesn't matter which one it is. Privoxy is just for routing other apps/web browsers through you vpn enabled connection. And there's really no need for 2 proxies.

And from the FAQ:

Q2. How can i verify that the Torrent client is using the VPN tunnel?

A2. You can verify this by loading a custom torrent that returns the IP address that is used to connect to the tracker, instructions on how to do this shown below:-

1. Go to website http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php

2. Click on the "Check my torrent IP" button to download the torrent

3. Open Deluge webui and add the torrent

4. Highlight the added torrent and go to the "Status" tab at the bottom left of the screen

5. The "Tracker Status" should return something like this:-

"checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: 10.156.1.1"

6. If the tunnel is correctly established then IP address should be different to the IP address from your ISP.

For sabnzb:

Q2. How can i verify that the Usenet client is using the VPN tunnel?

A2. You can verify this by downloading a public webpage inside the running Docker container which returns your public ip address, instructions on how to do this shown below:-

1. SSH into your host

2. Run the following command:-

docker exec -it <name of container> curl -L https://jsonip.com

3. The returned IP value should be different to your ISP assigned IP address

@binhex or any other clever persons

For uninteresting reasons, I need to run this Docker on a Windows machine. I installed Docker for Windows but I cannot seem to get my command line right. I'm using the default Linux containers

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=DelugeVPN -v F:\Downloads\:/data -v F:\:/config -v F:\:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=password -e VPN_PROV=Other -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.1/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn

Its the drive mappings that don't work. Exerpt:

-v <path for data files>:/data \ -v <path for config files>:/config \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

I want my Downloads in F:\Downloads, my config files in WhoKnowsWhere?! and the Localtime???

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:402: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/host_mnt/f\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged/usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

And I am somewhat at a loss to work out where I can insert the appropriate OVPN file... was easy on unRAID - /mnt/cache/DelugeVPN or whatever!! On windows who knows!!

Anyone able to help please?

15 minutes ago, methanoid said:

@binhex or any other clever persons

For uninteresting reasons, I need to run this Docker on a Windows machine. I installed Docker for Windows but I cannot seem to get my command line right. I'm using the default Linux containers

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=DelugeVPN -v F:\Downloads\:/data -v F:\:/config -v F:\:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=password -e VPN_PROV=Other -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.0.1/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn

Its the drive mappings that don't work. Exerpt:

-v <path for data files>:/data \ -v <path for config files>:/config \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

I want my Downloads in F:\Downloads, my config files in WhoKnowsWhere?! and the Localtime???

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:402: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/host_mnt/f\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/c4d578ed905c47b432f86affb37da3fff086c054139b50eb45e1227f5ca3b8b1/merged/usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

And I am somewhat at a loss to work out where I can insert the appropriate OVPN file... was easy on unRAID - /mnt/cache/DelugeVPN or whatever!! On windows who knows!!

Anyone able to help please?

I setup an Ubuntu VM using hyper-V.  Mounted a windows share in the VM and used that for the /data directory.  

Isn't that a bit overkill? If I am gonna run a VM I might as well install Deluge etc direct in that VM?

I setup an Ubuntu VM using hyper-V.  Mounted a windows share in the VM and used that for the /data directory.  

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, methanoid said:

Isn't that a bit overkill? If I am gonna run a VM I might as well install Deluge etc direct in that VM?

Why not install Deluge directly in Windows?

Why not install Deluge directly in Windows?
Cos I like the Docker with VPN and being able to point my Sonarr etc to that VPN for searches etc. Couldn't work out how to do that with Windows.

59 minutes ago, methanoid said:

I actually used to do just that, had a VM with deluge installed with my router configured to only allow that whole VM to connect to the internet through the VPN.  

I'm using my current UbuntuVM for more containers than just DelugeVPN, and honestly the way this container has the VPN rules set up and includes privoxy works better than what I did manually.  Also Docker for Windows sets up its own VM in hyper-v to work anyways.