binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3913 posts in this topic Last Reply

23 hours ago, binhex said:

sorry im out of ideas then, all i can tell you is the container looks to be starting fine, so its something on your network and/or hosts that is the cause.

OK  ..  I believe I have figured it out.  My linux machine was set to dhcp and somehow it assigned the network ip out of the ip range of the unraid docker.  So ...  I assigned a static ip on the linux machine and presto...  i have UI again ..

I suppose if anyone else has exhausted all other avenues .. check your machines ip address.

lesson learned.

Thanks binhex for taking the time to troubleshoot

44 minutes ago, Gog said:

Hi there, welcome to the forums

iptables are configured to only let traffic out through the VPN IP and the local network (the LAN_NETWORK variable)

Moreover, at init if the VPN is not established, Deluge will not go up

Sooo if i get u right its already configured? I dont need to bother?

Ty for the welcome 😃

17 minutes ago, gambler3k said:

Sooo if i get u right its already configured? I dont need to bother?

Correct.  Somebody else bothered ;)

• Like 1

I just wanted to make sure, I just installed this in a new machine, and I just installed the binhex-delugevpn.

I checked the first page, but I wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I just put my username and password for PIA when installing, it seems that I didn't need to change anything else. I downloaded the PIA ovpn zip and unzipped, I picked CA Toronto.ovpn and I replaced the one that was in root/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn

the file already in there was about 300B and the new is 3.1KB. just wanted to make sure that is all that is needed to ensure it will be safe.

much appreciated for the help.

1 hour ago, THF13 said:

-e VPN_ENABLED=yes 

Needs to be set, but I'm assuming you probably did that.  

Actually I did not, as it was already selected to yes, but I did make sure it was to yes.

But everything sounds good then? Is there a good way to check if it's working well or any leaks? besides putting the wrong login info to PIA

Actually I did not, as it was already selected to yes, but I did make sure it was to yes.
But everything sounds good then? Is there a good way to check if it's working well or any leaks? besides putting the wrong login info to PIA
sounds good to me in short if you have VPN enabled set to yes and you can access the web UI then you are guaranteed the VPN is established and running

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

just now Deluge-VPN won't start and a reinstall gets this message.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='bridge' --cpuset-cpus='2,4,3,5' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='******' -e 'VPN_PASS'='*********' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='10.10.10.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,1.0.0.1,8.8.4.4' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8112:8112/tcp' -p '58846:58846/tcp' -p '58946:58946/tcp' -p '58946:58946/udp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/KEVINPC_g/':'/KPCG':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-delugevpn' 
7287b28e9c3c2b095eac00ca44ca684c0614f4b5d27846d8c9efc2a7710f5360
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (3481502e83b48702f7d3e7eccf79040bbf5a169cc598454c1eac98ba84cbd6ba): Bind for 0.0.0.0:58946 failed: port is already allocated.

The command failed.

I can't get you a log because it won't even start and gives me an execution error. Any assistance here would be much appreciated. I've had it up and running for literally months and months so it was stable and all I did was restart the server.

Your post shows that the startup failed because port 58946 is already in use. Is another docker using the same port?

I double checked and no, no other docker is using that port. However, it is listed twice in the deluge-VPN settings when I go to edit the container. Are both of these necessary? Should I try deleting one?

image.thumb.png.0f5dca7b4590ec8234950d3a8691a28d.png

Somehow, it fixed itself... I had just rebooted the server but this time I went and just turned the docker engine off and back on while the server was still running and automagically it just started working. Literally no clue but I guess I'm happy now. Strange! 🤣

@binhex Any chance of getting a Deluge-2.0 VPN docker? The beta has been out for a year now and is quite stable from my (albeit limited) testing. The biggest current issues before a final 2.0 release seem to be around the Windows version not playing well with Python 3 (from the bug-tracker).