binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3908 posts in this topic Last Reply

Binhex - I want to thank you for all the work you do on your dockers.  I use several of them and they work great and are very stable.  Sent you some beer money!  Thx.

I've been using DelugeVPN for a while and it works great.  I'm trying to take advantage of Privoxy that is included but I'm missing something on how to config my browser(Google Chrome) to utilize it.  I know I need to configure Chrome's proxy settings to point to the VPN.  What IP do I use for that address?  Is it the host address and port 8118?  I've also seen setup suggestions for Privoxy say to point at 127.0.0.1 port 8118.

I have tried both but neither work.  Browser tells me no internet connection available.  I have confirmed using the CheckMyTorrent that the VPN portion is setup and working properly.  I know I'm missing something silly based on my limited understanding...

Here's my Deluge settings.

Network Type: Bridged

Privileged: ON

Host Port 1: 8112

Container Port: 8112

Host Port 2: 58846

Container Port: 58846

Host Port 3: 8118

Container Port: 8118

Host Path 2: /mnt/user/Download/

Container Path: /data

Key 1: yes 

Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED

Key 2: XXXXXXXXX

Container Variable: VPN_USER

Key 3: XXXXXXXX 

Container Variable: VPN_PASS

Key 4: us-midwest.privateinternetaccess.com 

Container Variable: VPN_REMOTE

Key 5: 1198 

Container Variable: VPN_PORT

Key 6: udp 

Container Variable: VPN_PROTOCOL

Key 7:  

Container Variable: VPN_PROV

Key 8: no 

Container Variable: STRONG_CERTS

Key 9: yes 

Container Variable: ENABLE_PRIVOXY

Key 10: 10.121.1.0/24 

Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK

Key 11: false 

Container Variable: DEBUG

Key 12: 99 

Container Variable: PUID

hi elmn8r. firstly thanks for the donation, always very appreciated!.

so onto your problem, it sounds like your almost there, so you need to configure chrome to use privoxy, you should be entering in a proxy address of <your unraid servers ip> in the "Address:" field and then the privoxy port number in the "Port:" field, optionally tick the box to bypass the proxy for local addresses and that should do it.

I apparently suck at this.

I switched from linuxserver's generic deluge to this one to take advantage of the VPN features.

I got everything working (checked using the fake torrent file), and it all worked happily for two months (with the exception that I've never been able to get a remote deluge client to connect from a different system on the LAN).

Today I rebooted my system, and when the docker came back up I can no longer access the web UI.

Any thoughts as to why I can't get on the webui (or connect a remote deluge) would be appreciated.

My server is running on 192.168.0.101, and my configuration looks like:

Network Type:      Bridge

Privileged:  ON

Host Port 1:  8112

Host Port 2:  58846

Host Port 3:  8118

Host Path 2:  /mnt/user/Download/

Key 1:  yes 

Key 2:  XXXXXXXXX

Key 3:  XXXXXXXX 

Key 4:  nl.privateinternetaccess.com

Key 5:  1198 

Key 6:  udp 

Key 7:    tun

Container Variable: VPN_DEVICE_TYPE

Key 8:  pia

Key 9:  no 

Key 10:  no 

Key 11:  192.168.0.1/24 

Key 12:  8.8.8.8,37.235.1.174,8.8.4.4,37.235.1.177

Container Variable: NAME_SERVERS

Key 13:  false 

Key 14:  99 

Key 15:  100 

Container Variable: PGID

I apparently suck at this.

I switched from linuxserver's generic deluge to this one to take advantage of the VPN features.

I got everything working (checked using the fake torrent file), and it all worked happily for two months (with the exception that I've never been able to get a remote deluge client to connect from a different system on the LAN).

Today I rebooted my system, and when the docker came back up I can no longer access the web UI.

Any thoughts as to why I can't get on the webui (or connect a remote deluge) would be appreciated.

My server is running on 192.168.0.101, and my configuration looks like:

Network Type:      Bridge

Privileged:  ON

Host Port 1:  8112

Host Port 2:  58846

Host Port 3:  8118

Host Path 2:  /mnt/user/Download/

Key 1:  yes 

Key 2:  XXXXXXXXX

Key 3:  XXXXXXXX 

Key 4:  nl.privateinternetaccess.com

Key 5:  1198 

Key 6:  udp 

Key 7:    tun

Container Variable: VPN_DEVICE_TYPE

Key 8:  pia

Key 9:  no 

Key 11:  192.168.0.1/24 

Key 12:  8.8.8.8,37.235.1.174,8.8.4.4,37.235.1.177

Container Variable: NAME_SERVERS

Key 13:  false 

Key 14:  99 

Key 15:  100 

Container Variable: PGID

Please attach your supervisord.log file located in/config

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have the old linuxserver.io docker still installed? If so there is likely a port conflict.

Remove the LSIO deluge and restart the docker service in Settings > Docker.

Nope, I had removed the previous image when I saw that as a suggestion earlier in the thread.

Also rebooted the system again just for grins, but that did not help.

Sickrage can still communicate with the deluge

Deluge appears to have started just fine...are you attempting to connect from the same LAN?

For giggles... enable then disable VM's in unRAID (Settings>VM).

And just to be clear, when I say cannot connect, chrome has the following message:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.101 took too long to respond.

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Download starts but stops as nothing gets written to disk

Hi.

Feels like I'm so close - but yet so far away  :(

I have the app running,

• VPN works, I can see it on CheckMyTorrent both with VPN turned on and off
  • When I start, I get connections to many peers, but they soon die out - I assume because nothing gets written
  • After each recent attempt to change the configuration, I have tried to add a fresh torrent to ensure nothing old was in play

To me it looked a lot like a permission issue, so I have tried moving the download location multiple times - even creating a special folder for it. All for locations with permissions "Public". Still no result.

Log and config attached. What to do next?

Thanks for any input - I'm sure it's a simple thing...  ???

log.txt

core.conf

And just to be clear, when I say cannot connect, chrome has the following message:

Try:

Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

The only thing I can see in your settings that is different from when I first had this problem many moons ago is

was set to
Key 10:  yes 

Try:

Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Are you attempting to connect to 192.168.0.101:8112 ?

Download starts but stops as nothing gets written to disk

Hi.

Feels like I'm so close - but yet so far away  :(

I have the app running,

• VPN works, I can see it on CheckMyTorrent both with VPN turned on and off
  • When I start, I get connections to many peers, but they soon die out - I assume because nothing gets written
  • After each recent attempt to change the configuration, I have tried to add a fresh torrent to ensure nothing old was in play

To me it looked a lot like a permission issue, so I have tried moving the download location multiple times - even creating a special folder for it. All for locations with permissions "Public". Still no result.

Log and config attached. What to do next?

Thanks for any input - I'm sure it's a simple thing...  ???

so first thing you need to solve is your incoming port, i see your with ipvanish, not sure they support incoming connections, thus your downloads are going to be slow at best, might be worth figuring out whether ipvanish support this before spending any more time and effort on this.

edit - i wil save you the effort, the answer i no, they dont support port forwarding:- https://support.ipvanish.com/customer/portal/articles/1969161-port-forwarding

I wonder if anyone can help, i'm trying to set this up with SlickVPN but having no luck  :( i believe I've entered all the settings correct and placed the ovpn file in the correct place but no matter what i do or change i cant get the web ui to load so i guess I've done something wrong i cant see.

settings.png.7de6bd3cfb858b405c3055602eba9755.png

gw1.fra2.slickvpn.com.txt

supervisord.txt

I wonder if anyone can help, i'm trying to set this up with SlickVPN but having no luck  :( i believe I've entered all the settings correct and placed the ovpn file in the correct place but no matter what i do or change i cant get the web ui to load so i guess I've done something wrong i cant see.

That screenshot is completely different to the supervisord.log can you update it please

hmm odd. Ok so i deleted the old supervisord log and took a fresh screenshot of my settings just before starting the docker which generated this supervisord.log. Hopefully those match now

supervisord.txt

settings.png.28ca8f12432935f4322df2c90b7a055e.png

Try:

Checking the connection

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Are you attempting to connect to 192.168.0.101:8112 ?

Yes

hmm odd. Ok so i deleted the old supervisord log and took a fresh screenshot of my settings just before starting the docker which generated this supervisord.log. Hopefully those match now

looking at the log i would say its failing to authenticate with the vpn provider due to missing cert(s) or problems reading the inline cert in the ovpn file, line from log:-

Fri Dec 30 17:25:06 2016 Cannot load CA certificate file [[iNLINE]] (no entries were read)

at a guess i would say your ovpn file is corrupt in some way and thus the inline cert is stuffed, re-download the ovpn file from the provider and overwrite the existing.

Hi, I have just started getting "Tracker Status:iptorrents.com: Error: Forbidden" on my status and torrents are not downloading

It has been running fine for the last year.

Does anyone know if anything has changed with PIA?

Hi, I have just started getting "Tracker Status:iptorrents.com: Error: Forbidden" on my status and torrents are not downloading

It has been running fine for the last year.

Does anyone know if anything has changed with PIA?

I would guess your private torrent site is banning IP addresses from pia, try connecting to another pia end point, if that doesn't help then contact site admins

Both my Deluge and ruTorrent are using AirVPN

Deluge seems to be fine, rutorrent on the other hand.....

Its start, download for a bit stop, wait, download for a bit, stop - over and over

here is a snip I just made of the speed graph from rutorrent - I am not maxing out my 20MB DSL .....

Ideas?  It was fine until I moved and went from cable to this dsl - dsl is all that is avail here

Myk

Capture1.PNG.d0fd8fd7b55d62b0b4b3d3348cb75f1f.PNG

Both my Deluge and ruTorrent are using AirVPN

Deluge seems to be fine, rutorrent on the other hand.....

Its start, download for a bit stop, wait, download for a bit, stop - over and over

here is a snip I just made of the speed graph from rutorrent - I am not maxing out my 20MB DSL .....

Ideas?  It was fine until I moved and went from cable to this dsl - dsl is all that is avail here

Myk

I would guess your upload rate isn't restricted, try also restricting your upload to about 80% of Max upload, for a standard adsl2 line that would be about 50KB/s you will notice download rate should stabilise and the VPN won't drop (assuming speed drop to zero is VPN dropping due to upload starvation)

I decided to turn enabling VM and then starting the docker, and now the webui works fine (still can't connect the remote Deluge client though).

I'm wondering if my setup is somehow detecting my station as on a different network than my UNRAID box.

A little confused as to how this could happen, my network has the two systems plugged into the same router.