Jump to content
binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3923 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Still can't get Siphon to add a Torrent to Deluge. I'm still getting the "cannot communicate with the Deluge server" message, followed by the "Torrent not added message".

 

I had the same problem yesterday and for some reason after a few hours it started working.  All i did was change the settings in Siphon to left click only and then restarted my PC and unraid.

 

I still get messages from Siphon saying that the Torrent has already been added but it does seem to add them now.

Share this post


Link to post

Quick question - is there any (easy and not too technical) way to confirm that DelugeVPN is definitely connected to the internet through my PIA account?

 

I'm just being overly cautious here.  :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Quick question - is there any (easy and not too technical) way to confirm that DelugeVPN is definitely connected to the internet through my PIA account?

 

I'm just being overly cautious here.  :)

 

You could change your PIA password and reboot the container - then try and pull a linux iso torrent - that won't work unless your PIA tunnel is up - which it won't be as the password has changed.

Share this post


Link to post

Quick question - is there any (easy and not too technical) way to confirm that DelugeVPN is definitely connected to the internet through my PIA account?

 

I'm just being overly cautious here.  :)

 

click on the link in my sig for vpn docker faq, then scroll down to deluge specific faq's, there are instructions listed there on how to verify the tunnel is working.

Share this post


Link to post

I've got VPN turned off until I get the basics running properly. The port has been set correctly.

What is the Lange range used for? I haven't touched that.

Still can't get Siphon to add a Torrent to Deluge. I'm still getting the "cannot communicate with the Deluge server" message, followed by the "Torrent not added message".

 

I've tried the Transmission Docker and that was up and running in minutes using the Transmission remote GUI on a windows machine. Why will Deluge not work?

 

not sure whats going on for you, but i just tested this and it works straight away, no issues!. so to confirm we are talking about the siphon extension for chrome yes?, and you will need to define the lan range otherwise you wont be able to communicate with deluge from another host, see my sig vpn faq q5 for help on this.

 

note sure how much help this is as there isnt really much to get wrong, but here is a screenshot of my config for siphon, with host ip and host port removed:-

 

https://github.com/binhex/images/blob/master/docker/config/siphon-deluge.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

click on the link in my sig for vpn docker faq, then scroll down to deluge specific faq's, there are instructions listed there on how to verify the tunnel is working.

 

Thanks worked fine.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks binhex.

Yup, I've set up Siphon for Chrome perfectly and it won't connect despite the Deluge web UI working perfectly.

 

Where do I set the lan range? Is this part of the Deluge Docker confit on Install?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks binhex.

Yup, I've set up Siphon for Chrome perfectly and it won't connect despite the Deluge web UI working perfectly.

 

Where do I set the lan range? Is this part of the Deluge Docker confit on Install?

 

Thanks.

 

Lan range is set in the docker edit window in the unraid webgui.

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a decent guide out there on how to setup and connect binhex's DelugeVPN and Couchpotato dockers?

Share this post


Link to post

Hello

I'm getting really slow download speeds with PIA. I have a 100/10 connection. Without the vpn enabled I can get up to 10 Mb/s in the deluge client, however with the vpn enabled I can only get around 600 or 700 kb/s. How can I know that the PIA port is being forwarded?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
On 18/02/2017 at 6:57 PM, Smackover said:

Is there a decent guide out there on how to setup and connect binhex's DelugeVPN and Couchpotato dockers?

click on sig link to vpn docker faq, scroll down to delugevpn specific section, this should be enough to get you going.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, vacon04 said:

Hello

I'm getting really slow download speeds with PIA. I have a 100/10 connection. Without the vpn enabled I can get up to 10 Mb/s in the deluge client, however with the vpn enabled I can only get around 600 or 700 kb/s. How can I know that the PIA port is being forwarded?

Thank you!

ok identify your external ip address (should be shown in the supervisord.log file) then go here http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and plug this in along with the port you have been assigned (as defined in deluge webui) and click on check.

 

keep in mind not all pia endpoints support port forwarding, so it could simply be that your connected to one that doesn't allow it.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm seeing the following error in my logs: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2953

 

Looks like this was fixed recently in deluge. Does this docker need to update the deluge version it runs to fix this?

 

 [ERROR   ] 10:50:08 rpcserver:304 Exception calling RPC request: global name 'ex' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 411, in move_storage
    if not self.torrentmanager[torrent_id].move_storage(dest):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/torrent.py", line 913, in move_storage
    self.torrent_id, dest, ex)
NameError: global name 'ex' is not defined

Share this post


Link to post

I have an issue, not sure if it is a couchpotato issue or an issue with this docker. Any torrent that Couhpotato snatches imports fine but never starts downloading. It never connects to any peers and just gets stuck on 0%. If I download the torrent manually and add it in it works perfectly. Any suggestions? 

 

 

Edited by itsdandandan

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, nerv said:

I'm seeing the following error in my logs: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2953

 

Looks like this was fixed recently in deluge. Does this docker need to update the deluge version it runs to fix this?

 


 [ERROR   ] 10:50:08 rpcserver:304 Exception calling RPC request: global name 'ex' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 411, in move_storage
    if not self.torrentmanager[torrent_id].move_storage(dest):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/torrent.py", line 913, in move_storage
    self.torrent_id, dest, ex)
NameError: global name 'ex' is not defined

ok so yes i could include some of the hotfixes for deluge, however this would potentially bump the version to a non release number, which in turn would then trigger issues with snotty admins at private torrent sites thinking its a dodgy build and then banning your account, so its a tricky situation. i would hope if this was a major issue that there would be a new release official release out soon, are you seeing any issues related to this other than the entries in the log?.

Edited by binhex

Share this post


Link to post

Could you tell me how to run the docker with the -L switch in order to change the logging level please?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so yes i could include some of the hotfixes for deluge, however this would potentially bump the version to a non release number, which in turn would then trigger issues with snotty admins at private torrent sites thinking its a dodgy build and then banning your account, so its a tricky situation. i would hope if this was a major issue that there would be a new release official release out soon, are you seeing any issues related to this other than the entries in the log?.

 

Yes, whenever I try and trigger a script to execute on torrent completion to trigger post processing this error gets hit.

Share this post


Link to post

On second thought, I think this is fine. I think this was masking another error as I forgot to give docker access to the script and necessary folders. Will update if that's not the case. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/22/2017 at 1:49 AM, itsdandandan said:

I have an issue, not sure if it is a couchpotato issue or an issue with this docker. Any torrent that Couhpotato snatches imports fine but never starts downloading. It never connects to any peers and just gets stuck on 0%. If I download the torrent manually and add it in it works perfectly. Any suggestions? 

 

 

Did you manage to fix your issue? Im having the same problem. 

Share this post


Link to post

There is a Couch Potato setting that pauses torrents when added. Check your settings and let us know. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, brimnac said:

There is a Couch Potato setting that pauses torrents when added. Check your settings and let us know. 

It looks that the problem was the server that i was using. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi!

 

I just installed this docker, thank you Binhex for such a great tool! I've run into a couple issues which I've been unable to find a solution for on the forums here...

  1. Using AirVPN...anytime I restart the docker or stop/start, the Web UI becomes unavailable. I must to delete and re-add my AirVPN .ovpn file, then start the docker again. Is there something I have misconfigured that would be causing this? The log says I have a missing parameter or config issue in my .ovpn each time, but nothing has changed on the file.
     
  2. I can't get the move after download to work. I have the folders set properly under preferences -> downloads in the Web UI. The initial download is accurate, and hits the incomplete folder of my choosing. However, it doesn't move the newly downloaded torrent folder/files to my downloaded path, which looks to be accurately set as well. I don't see any errors when ran with debug turned on and off.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/25/2017 at 4:09 AM, elpuntonegro said:

Did you manage to fix your issue? Im having the same problem. 

Yep! It's because deluge can't see the paths that you specify in couchpotato. You should leave it blank as in my screenshot I attached so it will use default deluge download directory.

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

First of all @binhex , thanks for this awesome work.

 

I looked into my logs today and saw this error alot:

 

2017-02-27 14:51:42,641 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[warn] Cannot determine external IP address from 'https://ipinfo.io/', trying alternative site...

 

2017-02-27 14:52:44,113 DEBG 'deluge-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 5

 

I think this results in my docker not being able to autostart after reboot, i can start it manually tho.

The error is still there even after i get it running and the logs are spammed with it.

 

Might you have any clue as to what is causing it?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now