[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

you cant easily respond to the prompt for the password, as the prompt will be on the running container, best bet is to remove the password.

edit - our posts crossed :-), ok great its now working, i will have a think about this but it could be a tough one to solve programmatically.

How about a log entry to complain about the encrypted file then?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Sweex said:

Hello! 

I'm using DelugeVPN with PIA but im getting terrible speeds, sub 1Mbyte/s  with multiple torrents active. I'm getting a few 100KB/s per torrent. 
I'm on a gigabit line and getting solid 10-15MB/s without PIA.

Using the NL server with a UDP connection. 

What might be the problem? 

New to this, please tell me what more is needed from me. 

Best regards.

Yeah I think this is a PIA problem.  I'm having the same issue now - and to test it out I've tried the desktop torrent as well as the server torrent.   At best I'm getting 30-40KB/s with PIA on.   w/o PIA i'm in the MB/s measures.  That is an unacceptable speed drop, and PIA support could not help either, they've sent cookie cutter response after response. I'll try another VPN provider, PIA just does not cut it.

Btw, I can recommend this site for a bit more information:

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

Edited by ysu

Hello,

Is it possible to use Jackett with DelugeVPN and PIA?

The reason I ask is I thought it used to work but now when I try to load a torrent file through Jackett when VPN_ENABLED = "yes" it fails every time.  The error looks like this:

[ERROR   ] 23:06:11 json_api:677 Error occurred downloading torrent from http://192.168.1.47:9117/dl/skytorrents/***.torrent

2017-04-01 23:06:11,570 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:
[ERROR   ] 23:06:11 json_api:678 Reason: User timeout caused connection failure.

If I set VPN_ENABLED = "no" then I can add Jackett URL's without any problem.

My guess is this is because DelugeVPN is going through the VPN so my local address (192.168.1.47) isn't found.  

I added port forwarding for 9117 to 192.168.1.47 and used my Comcast IP address, but that didn't work either.

Is this possible?  If so, is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott

supervisord.log

Edited by scott47
7 hours ago, ysu said:

Yeah I think this is a PIA problem.  I'm having the same issue now - and to test it out I've tried the desktop torrent as well as the server torrent.   At best I'm getting 30-40KB/s with PIA on.   w/o PIA i'm in the MB/s measures.  That is an unacceptable speed drop, and PIA support could not help either, they've sent cookie cutter response after response. I'll try another VPN provider, PIA just does not cut it.

Btw, I can recommend this site for a bit more information:

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

Tanks for your input! I've read so much good about them so this surprises me.
Anyone else experiencing this? anyone getting good speeds? 

Im getting the same low speeds with the PIA client active on a desktop and trying torrents, so it seams to be a problem with PIA ':/
What VPN are you changing to?

Best regards

EDIT;

I tried to open a port with the PIA client on a desktop and that did the trick i think. But how do i do that in DelugeVPN docker on Unraid? 

Edited by Sweex
10 hours ago, Sweex said:

Tanks for your input! I've read so much good about them so this surprises me.
Anyone else experiencing this? anyone getting good speeds? 

Im getting the same low speeds with the PIA client active on a desktop and trying torrents, so it seams to be a problem with PIA ':/
What VPN are you changing to?

Best regards

EDIT;

I tried to open a port with the PIA client on a desktop and that did the trick i think. But how do i do that in DelugeVPN docker on Unraid? 

port forwarding is automatically one for you, as is configuring the port in deluge, so there shouldnt be any need to touch this, it is possible that the PIA API was down at the time you connected and thus you didnt get an incoming port assigned to your connection, so you could simply try restart the container and see if things improve.

just to give you some hope, im using PIA and connected to the netherlands and have decent enough speeds, tested this morning and i was able to achieve 1.3MB/s down, which isnt too shoddy for my connection.

hello  is anyone else having a issue with setting deluge up with PIA info.  my app was working fine a few days ago but i restarted the app when i did the update and now it won't bring up the webgui when i use my PIA info?

EDIT: nevermind i fixed it for some reason when it updated it changed my 

Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK

Edited by pe4nut1989
found the fix

@Sweex @ysu and everyone else with speed issues, your ISP might be throttling your vpn connection. Try different ports and protocol if your vpn provider supports it. It's been a couple years since I tried PIA but at least then they supported connection over different ports and protocols, don't know if that has changed. I remember when I was using PIA, the only way I could get decent speed was when I was connecting over TCP port 53 and maybe 443. All UDP ports were throttled by my ISP. I know where I live ISP's are commonly throttling UDP VPN connections. I've had this issue with several ISP's and VPN providers. But switching port/protocol usually does the trick. 

If you still can't get decent speed and want to try another vpn service I recommend AirVPN, way better then PIA imo, and I've used both for a number of years. The only thing I think PIA is better on is that they offer 5 simultaneous connections I think, where AirVPN is offering 3. 

11 minutes ago, strike said:

@Sweex @ysu and everyone else with speed issues, your ISP might be throttling your vpn connection...

Nope, PIA alone - fine.  Torrent w/o PIA - fine.  Only the two together is the problem.

I have tested this out earlier.  PIA on, then speedtest and downloading a large-ish file eg from S3.  Near-perfect. Pings are still single digit, speed drop is negligible.

But thanks for your suggestion.

Edited by ysu
58 minutes ago, ysu said:

Nope, PIA alone - fine.  Torrent w/o PIA - fine.  Only the two together is the problem.

I have tested this out earlier.  PIA on, then speedtest and downloading a large-ish file eg from S3.  Near-perfect. Pings are still single digit, speed drop is negligible.

But thanks for your suggestion.

Try different combinations of settings in your .ovpn config file.  PIA allows udp on ports 53, 1194, 1197, 1198, 8080 and 9201. tcp on 80, 110,443, 501, and 502.  I've found a huge difference in throughput between the different  combinations.  Also disable ipv6 if you can, that made a big difference.  I was able to get VPN speed of about 90% of direct speed

I'm having issues similar to pe4nut1989 above. After updated Unraid to 6.3.3 I can't access the webgui. My automated tasks show it's still running/grabbing things, I just can't access webgui. I did take a look at the settings and didn't notice anything awry, or that 'Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK' had changed like pe4nut1989's experience.

PIA enabled or otherwise, can't get host ip/8112 page

Anyone else?

1 hour ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I'm having issues similar to pe4nut1989 above. After updated Unraid to 6.3.3 I can't access the webgui. My automated tasks show it's still running/grabbing things, I just can't access webgui. I did take a look at the settings and didn't notice anything awry, or that 'Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK' had changed like pe4nut1989's experience.

PIA enabled or otherwise, can't get host ip/8112 page

Anyone else?

I'm experiencing the same thing (although I'm on 6.3.2 and using airvpn instead of pia). I cant access the webgui, and I cant connect using desktop Deluge either (host status is red)

When I look in the log for deluge (through the unraid gui) I dont see anything in there that stands out as being problematic. How else could I diagnose this problem?

Edited by Nem
2 hours ago, Nem said:

I'm experiencing the same thing (although I'm on 6.3.2 and using airvpn instead of pia). I cant access the webgui, and I cant connect using desktop Deluge either (host status is red)

When I look in the log for deluge (through the unraid gui) I dont see anything in there that stands out as being problematic. How else could I diagnose this problem?

logs please guys, i can only guess without them, switch DEBUG to true, restart the container and wait a few mins and then post the log (watch out for passwords).

8 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

"watch out for passwords" Can you elaborate? My log file is yuuuge.

i mean if your going to post your /config/supervisord.log file then it will contain your username and password for your vpn provider, please remove these before posting it.

10 hours ago, binhex said:

i mean if your going to post your /config/supervisord.log file then it will contain your username and password for your vpn provider, please remove these before posting it.

well I hope I masked what is necessary... 

I really appreciate you taking the time, as well as your rapid response thus far.

Edited by AnyColourYouLike
Solved**
16 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

well I hope I masked what is necessary... 

I really appreciate you taking the time, as well as your rapid response thus far.

supervisord.log

ok the good news is i see nothing wrong in your log, you have a successful connection, so my only thought at the moment is that its some sort of caching issue on your browser, just try connecting using another browser, or better still another device if possible, if that works then try clearing down your browser cache, restart the browser and see what you get. 

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok the good news is i see nothing wrong in your log, you have a successful connection, so my only thought at the moment is that its some sort of caching issue on your browser, just try connecting using another browser, or better still another device if possible, if that works then try clearing down your browser cache, restart the browser and see what you get. 

Hmm.. Well I'm leaving to school here soon for the day so I'll try more later... but another browser and device was the same result. 

4 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Hmm.. Well I'm leaving to school here soon for the day so I'll try more later... but another browser and device was the same result. 

ok so just to double check, your home lan network is 192.168.1.0 right?, so your unraid server will have an ip something like 192.168.1.XXX ?

21 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I believe it's "192.168.1.1" I've never seen it end in '.0'
but yes it follows that format.

ok so your going to url http://192.168.1.1:<number you port mapped for 8112 on the host side> right? also make sure if you did enable ssl certs then you will need to obviously prefix it with https.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so your going to url http://192.168.1.1:<number you port mapped for 8112 on the host side> right? also make sure if you did enable ssl certs then you will need to obviously prefix it with https.

wow ok so it was the https that was the problem. I've never had to do that before... https://192.168.1.XXX:8112 got me to the webgui. Chrome did strike through https saying "not secure" but i was able to log in and can now disable certs.

To the best of my knowledge i haven't tinkered with ssl in any cognizant way... Should I be using that? and if so why does chrome browser say it's "not secure"?

Thank you so much btw, My queue is all sorts of messed up, my Deluge needs daily maintenance in a bad way lol ;D

Back in action!

7 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

wow ok so it was the https that was the problem. I've never had to do that before... https://192.168.1.XXX:8112 got me to the webgui. Chrome did strike through https saying "not secure" but i was able to log in and can now disable certs.

To the best of my knowledge i haven't tinkered with ssl in any cognizant way... Should I be using that? and if so why does chrome browser say it's "not secure"?

Thank you so much btw, My queue is all sorts of messed up, my Deluge needs daily maintenance in a bad way lol ;D

Back in action!

excellent :-), ok should you be using ssl, most definitely if your allowing access to the webui from outside, otherwise your password is not encrypted, again a valid ssl cert is the way to go, the one that is included is purely there as a convenience to get it working (self signed), if you really want to be secure then buy a cert or consider using letsencrypt (google it).