[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 27/03/2018 at 10:13 AM, roland said:

Hi binhex,

yes it looks like the example you showed. 

I am using the linuxserver.io version and there is one more option to ADD PAUSED but other than that it is the same.

I also tried all different toggle options and confirmed the password. 

But no joy.

In the deluge preferences, the WebUI plugin is not ticked, but the web login works fine. Should it be ticked?

(Sorry, at work now, can't get a screenshot)

edit: I also just upgraded to the latest unRAID OS version, maybe that did it?  (Too many changes to my system in one go without proper testing in between....)

Thanks

Roland

I have recreated everything again and it works now....

thanks for all your hard work @binhex !

a beer is on its way!

Edited by roland
38 minutes ago, roland said:

I have recreated everything again and it works now....

thanks for all your hard work @binhex !

a beer is on its way!

excellent!, would of been nice to know exactly what was causing the issue, but hey i can let that slide :-).

thanks for the beer money!.

Hello folks! I have an odd problem you may be able to help with.

I recently set up your nice Deluge docker and got it up and running the way I want.

In my configuring I enabled one of the stock plugins: the 'labels' plugin.

Oddly, when I gracefully stop and start the docker, the plugin is disabled.

This happens both when unRAID is restarted and when the docker itself is stopped and started.

Can anyone provide some insight into why this might be happening? (And how I might go about fixing it?)

Hi @binhex

Trying to get this up and running, and the docker refuses to start. I'm trying to get this running with KeepSolid VPNUnlimited. I set VPN_PROV to 'custom', and put the ovpn file in the openvpn folder. However, every time I try to start the docker, it gives me the same error, saying that VPN_PORT not found. I've attached the ovpn file (with cert/key data removed) and the supervisord log.

supervisord.log

config.ovpn

Edit: Seems like I managed to get past this now. Had to edit the opvn file using Wordpad, and added the port (1194) to the end of the remote command. Was trying to do that in Notepad before, but would get the same error (VPN_PORT not found). Not sure why, but with Wordpad it works.

Edited by Caldorian
13 hours ago, Ruthalas said:

Hello folks! I have an odd problem you may be able to help with.

I recently set up your nice Deluge docker and got it up and running the way I want.

In my configuring I enabled one of the stock plugins: the 'labels' plugin.

Oddly, when I gracefully stop and start the docker, the plugin is disabled.

This happens both when unRAID is restarted and when the docker itself is stopped and started.

Can anyone provide some insight into why this might be happening? (And how I might go about fixing it?)

I had this issue once myself, I ended up deleting the docker image, recreating it and pulling down all the dockers again. This solved it for me and only takes 5 min. I don't know what causes it but I've seen several people having this issue.

If you don't delete the appdata and install all the containers using community application previous apps the configuration gets preserved. I don't remember if the torrents gets preserved, but I'm 90% sure that they do. I checked the appdata folder and there's a folder named "state" where all the torrents and their state gets stored.  So as long as you don't delete the appdata I think you should be good.

1 minute ago, strike said:

If you don't delete the appdata and install all the containers using community application previous apps the configuration gets preserved. I don't remember if the torrents gets preserved, but I'm 90% sure that they do. I checked the appdata folder and there's a folder named "state" where all the torrents and their state gets stored.  So as long as you don't delete the appdata I think you should be good.

As long as the docker path mapping’s are the same you’ll still have the torrents.

13 hours ago, strike said:

...I ended up deleting the docker image, recreating it and pulling down all the dockers again....

To clarify, is there a single image for the Deluge docker, or are all dockers within a single image?

I am not super familiar with dockers.

Edit: And what is the easiest way to delete that? I have Krusader installed for file operations... but it is itself a docker, heh

Edited by Ruthalas
Adding question
1 hour ago, Ruthalas said:

To clarify, is there a single image for the Deluge docker, or are all dockers within a single image?

Each docker has an image which is stored in a docker.img file at whatever location you have set in docker settings.

I am not super familiar with dockers.

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

And what is the easiest way to delete that?

When you click a docker logo on the docker tab one of the options presented is “Remove”. Selecting this will delete the docker and open a prompt “Do you also want to delete the img”. Selecting yes will delete the img.

Edited by wgstarks
Corrected docker faq link
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, wgstarks said:

When you click a docker logo on the docker tab one of the options presented is “Remove”. Selecting this will delete the docker and open a prompt “Do you also want to delete the img”. Selecting yes will delete the img.

This is not how you delete the docker image which contains all the docker container. You go to settings->docker then you set enable docker to no, Enable advanced view in the right top corner, then delete the docker image. Set enable docker to yes will recreate the docker image. All of your containers are now gone and you need to install them through CA's previous apps. Click on apps, then hover over the green hamburger menu on the left, click previous app. Then you install all the containers you had again, no need to change anything as all the settings/mappings are preserved.

• Like 1

DelugeVPN stopped functioning last week while I was out of town.  Plex continued to work so it shows Unraid is up and the networking is functioning.  I can still connect to PIA with my same credentials so that is working correctly.  I tried restarting the DelugeVPN docker and the logs look fine, but I get a connection refused error when trying to hit <lan_ip>:8112 

In the debug log, it seems to be constantly trying to reconnect?

Sat Mar 31 19:24:17 2018 OpenVPN 2.4.4 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep 26 2017

2018-03-31 19:24:17,508 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:24:17 2018 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.0f 25 May 2017, LZO 2.10

2018-03-31 19:24:22,508 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2018-03-31 19:24:22,509 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]<pia_ip>:1198
Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 UDP link local: (not bound)

Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]<pia_ip>:1198

2018-03-31 19:25:22,580 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:25:22 2018 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Sat Mar 31 19:25:22 2018 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

2018-03-31 19:25:22,581 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:25:22 2018 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Edited by fixer
DelugeVPN stopped functioning last week while I was out of town.  Plex continued to work so it shows Unraid is up and the networking is functioning.  I can still connect to PIA with my same credentials so that is working correctly.  I tried restarting the DelugeVPN docker and the logs look fine, but I get a connection refused error when trying to hit :8112 

In the debug log, it seems to be constantly trying to reconnect?

Sat Mar 31 19:24:17 2018 OpenVPN 2.4.4 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep 26 2017

2018-03-31 19:24:17,508 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:24:17 2018 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.0f 25 May 2017, LZO 2.10

2018-03-31 19:24:22,508 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]:1198
Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 UDP link local: (not bound)

Sat Mar 31 19:24:22 2018 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]:1198

Sat Mar 31 19:25:22 2018 [uNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

Sat Mar 31 19:25:22 2018 SIGHUP[soft,ping-restart] received, process restarting

2018-03-31 19:25:22,581 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sat Mar 31 19:25:22 2018 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
At a guess without the full log I would say the endpoint your are trying to connect to doesnt exist, try a different one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 3/20/2018 at 3:12 AM, ProZac said:

Ok so I feel kinda stupid right now, after several tries in different os with no issues, i found that the ovpn file from goldenfrog (vypr) and giganews have some differences. Goldenfrog support said this was irrelevant, but apparently not.

After downloading the new ovpn files directly from other sources, everything works as its supposed to with VyprVPN and DelugeVPN docker.

So just set custom VPN, user/pass, add ovpn file and certificate, connect and done :)

Hi there, would love any tips for getting VyprVPN to work with this Docker. I've followed SpaceInvader1's YouTube tutorial, but he uses PIA. I even signed up for a month of PIA, and that works, however I don't want to pay for two VPNs if I don't have to.

I've tried using VyprVPN with "STRICT_PORT_FORWARD" set to "yes" and "no", the tutorial says it should be 'yes' for PIA, but I don't know for VyprVPN.

Posting my log file. I'm using a .opvn and cert file from VyprVPN. I got them from Goldenfrog.

Thanks for any help.

supervisordAPR1.log

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 8.06.22 AM.png

36 minutes ago, stor44 said:

Hi there, would love any tips for getting VyprVPN to work with this Docker

I'm getting conflicting information on the VyprVPN support site on whether or not they support incoming ports. If they don't allow you to open up an incoming port, you are not going to be able to seed torrents, even if you do get a vpn connection. I know for sure if you enable their NAT Firewall, it won't work.

Which vpn provider do you have? To able to seed your vpn provider must support port forwarding, if they don't you won't be able to seed. If they do support it you need to open a port and put that port in deluge settings. Except if you have PIA then the port forwarding is done automatically for you, you just need to enable strict port forwarding in the container settings

Re: DelugeVPN docker and PIA at server nl.privateinternetaccess.com

FYI - I was getting a bunch of "Response code 000 from curl" errors, similar to JWMutant on page 87 of this thread. I checked my settings and OVPN files, and couldn't see anything wrong. I even replaced the PIA files. Still the same errors.

Workaround: I switched to ro.privateinternetaccess.com, and switched the OVPN file to Romania.

Working fine now. I think there's something going on with the PIA server in NL. I'll give it a couple of days and then try switching back to NL.

Anyone else getting this log report??

2018-04-02 21:13:42,659 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 7 from curl != 0
[info] 4 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2018-04-02 21:13:52,694 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 3 retries left

2018-04-02 21:14:02,729 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 2 retries left

Deluge is failing on retrieving some sort of response? Seems like a PIA issue.

Deluge does work once you turn VPN off in the edit.