[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

First time poster.

I've finished setting up my unRaid server and have a small optimization question.  I want my array to spin down for most of the time other than when the Mover runs at night.  I have all of my appdata share and all other shares besides my media and data shares on my cache and I've set my downloads folder cache settings to "yes" (I've also tried "only" to solve the problem below but it didn't work).  Also confirmed that my docker image is on the cache.

My issue is that when DelugeVPN is running and downloading, it's writing to the cache but also doing very small reads and writes to the array every 15-30 seconds.  This doesn't allow my array to spin down as I'm normally downloading something.  I've confirmed that stopping the DelugeVPN docker and pausing all torrent downloads stops the behavior and lets my disks spin down.

I'd like to have my torrents downloading all the time but only writing to the array when Mover runs.  Any ideas as to why this is happening and how I correct it?

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, cletus_cassidy said:

I've confirmed that stopping the DelugeVPN docker and pausing all torrent downloads stops the behavior and lets my disks spin down.

I'd like to have my torrents downloading all the time but only writing to the array when Mover runs.

People "seed" their torrents (in fact, it's often required). Are you sure it's really writing to the array, or is the array just being used to read your seeds?

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

People "seed" their torrents (in fact, it's often required). Are you sure it's really writing to the array, or is the array just being used to read your seeds?

Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure.  I'm seeing small reads and writes on the array under the "main" section.  I also installed the File Activity plugin and it isn't showing any activity during these small reads/writes.  

If I'm not mistaken, by setting the downloads share cache setting to "yes" then any seeds should be reading/writing/whatever it's doing off the cache and not the array, right?

2 hours ago, cletus_cassidy said:

Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure.  I'm seeing small reads and writes on the array under the "main" section.  I also installed the File Activity plugin and it isn't showing any activity during these small reads/writes.  

If I'm not mistaken, by setting the downloads share cache setting to "yes" then any seeds should be reading/writing/whatever it's doing off the cache and not the array, right?

wrong

cache yes means write to cache and move to array according to the mover schedule.

There is Help on most pages of the webUI. Click on any setting to see its help text. You can also toggle Help for the whole webUI by clicking on the Help (?) icon.

Here is a link to a more detailed explanation of the cache settings:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2#comment-537383

I keep getting this error when I enable PIA VPN, I am using France server. Never had this issue until I updated to 6.5.3. I've done a clean install of app still unable to access if VPN is on. Any ideas?

2018-08-20 16:26:22,395 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2018-08-20 16:26:22,426 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

2018-08-20 16:26:22,427 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started

• Like 1

I had a bunch of disconnections after the last update so i just redid the entire docker and all is good now. I had setup the docker almost a year and a half ago with no issues so i don't know what was going in the update. I also switch to the swiss server if it helps. I was on France. 

So I'm having an issue with deluge not wanting to show and I'm certain it had to do with the VPN as if I disable it the deluge docker starts fine. It's been working perfectly for months, I'm not even sure I updated anything, I just suddenly noticed Sonarr and Radarr weren't registering it and I couldn't open up the GUI. I'm just not sure if it's PIA, OpenVPN, or something in the delugevpn docker.

I keep seein' this repeated over and over again and I'm not sure what it's trying to do.

2018-08-22 06:53:47,395 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 7 from curl != 0
[info] 11 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs... 

Any ideas...?

2 minutes ago, Lawlanator said:

So I'm having an issue with deluge not wanting to show and I'm certain it had to do with the VPN as if I disable it the deluge docker starts fine. It's been working perfectly for months, I'm not even sure I updated anything, I just suddenly noticed Sonarr and Radarr weren't registering it and I couldn't open up the GUI. I'm just not sure if it's PIA, OpenVPN, or something in the delugevpn docker.

I keep seein' this repeated over and over again and I'm not sure what it's trying to do.

2018-08-22 06:53:47,395 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

Any ideas...?

Same issue here, just logged onto Radaar and noticed an error with Deluge, went to open the webGUI and getting site cannot be reached. Change VPNenabled to NO and it works fine.

My PIA is working fine, nothing has changed on my end, SABvpn is still working.

2018-08-22 06:53:47,395 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx[warn] Exit code 7 from curl != 0[info] 11 retries left[info] Retrying in 10 secs... 

Any ideas...?

https://lime-technology.com/fo...?do=findComment&comment=676124

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest build for both rtorrentvpn and delugevpn have the dns issue with synology docker (though, I think that's expected because of the dig issue?).

Now experiencing new issue with older build - delugevpn:1.3.15_14_gb8e5ebe82-1-11 (which works with synology), but has this one issue:

One of my trackers is refusing any connections to it. Rest of my trackers are fine. It's not an IP or account issue with the tracker. I've tried the torrents on a local machine, with and without VPN (deluge local, qBitTorrent). Also tried rtorrentvpn with Flood (0.9.7-1-07 build), and it works perfectly fine. So issue is isolated to delugevpn with this one tracker.

Tracker status: trackerdomain.name: Error: Operation canceled

Occasionally that says "timed out", before quickly switching to operation canceled again. the deluge.log file is pretty useless. Doesn't report anything odd about these connection issues. Likewise supervisor.log looks pretty normal to me. Is there another log file I can poke at inside the container that might explain this behaviour? 

6 hours ago, krh1009 said:

My log show this message repeatedly:

2018-08-23 22:27:51,784 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

Full debug log attached . Any recommendations on a fix would be appreciated.

supervisord.log

See user korath link above.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, shadowless82 said:

I keep getting this error when I enable PIA VPN, I am using France server. Never had this issue until I updated to 6.5.3. I've done a clean install of app still unable to access if VPN is on. Any ideas?

2018-08-20 16:26:22,395 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2018-08-20 16:26:22,426 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

2018-08-20 16:26:22,427 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started

I am getting this error as well although I am using a custom (NordVPN) setup. 

On 8/25/2018 at 10:02 PM, binhex said:

You probably have some radom stuff defined for vpn_options remove everything for that env var

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I still had france.privateinternetaccess.com in the vpn_options removed this and left the files in the openvpn folder all back up and working thanks.

5 hours ago, methanoid said:

Q: If I want to seed a torrent I downloaded before but have moved somewhere else on my machine... do i just copy the files into my Incomplete folder and start a download as normal and it picks up I have the files (or most of them) already?

It is best to use Deluge to move your torrents downloads (but I gather that you already moved it outside of Deluge) - Menu over the torrent and 'Move Storage'.

With regard to restarting the torrent files you moved (outside of Deluge?), you will need the .torrent file.  If that has been removed and Deluge no longer knows about the torrent, you will need to re-add the torrent.  When you have done that, and moved the files back into your your Incomplete folder, you will need to 'Force Re-check' on the torrent.  Then 'Move Storage' back to your completed folder.

Or, to save the extra copy - do the 'Move Storage' before you copy the files back to your completed folder, then 'Force Re-check'.

Hey! Been using this docker for a while with NordVPN running on my Synology 415+ and it's been working great! However, today I updated Synology DSM to 6.2-23739-2 and now I can't seem to start my Deluge-container. 

It's complaining once again about not finding TUN/TAP device.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the VPN Server, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

This is the log from the container.

Tue Aug 28 13:45:16 2018 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)                                                                 
Tue Aug 28 13:45:16 2018 Exiting due to fatal error