[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Thanks for your answer. I don't actually have any of those remote apps you are referring to. I use private trackers and always manually add all torrents. The issue I have is when I manually (in the details when adding a .torrent) set the desired destination, Deluge seems to  disobey this.

Try setting up Labels and assign the folder mappings to a label. I do this for manually added torrents, works fine for me.

Hi!

Im using delugeVPN Docker with PureVPN. I have been figuring out why my download speeds are so low. When using DelugeVPN im getting average 300kt/s speeds, but when i try to use same server with Windows using openVPN i get 5000kt/s. I have tried many servers and same thing happens every time.

I dont know that much about VPN, so im asking if anyone of you could tell me where the problem might be?

EDIT :

I have 100/100 fibre connection if that matters..

Hi!

Im using delugeVPN Docker with PureVPN. I have been figuring out why my download speeds are so low. When using DelugeVPN im getting average 300kt/s speeds, but when i try to use same server with Windows using openVPN i get 5000kt/s. I have tried many servers and same thing happens every time.

I dont know that much about VPN, so im asking if anyone of you could tell me where the problem might be?

EDIT :

are you manually setting the incoming port for deluge?, if you dont do this you will see low speeds.

Hi!

EDIT :

are you manually setting the incoming port for deluge?, if you dont do this you will see low speeds.

https://support.purevpn.com/on-what-ports-purevpn-work-and-should-i-allow-them-on-my-anti-virus-programfirewall

Port 80 seems weird? But the .ovpn file says port 80 too :/

Hi!

EDIT :

https://support.purevpn.com/on-what-ports-purevpn-work-and-should-i-allow-them-on-my-anti-virus-programfirewall

https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-get-ports-opened

Hi!

EDIT :

https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-get-ports-opened

Thanks! I think that might be it! But that add-on costs like 4 $ / month, so for that price i could just buy PIA :)

Could there be some kind of workaround? :)

Hi!

EDIT :

a lot of people get tripped up on this, the port specified in the ovpn file is NOT the incoming port for the torrent client, this is the end points port that YOU connect to in order to establish the vpn tunnel. what you need is a vpn provider that allows you to have an incoming port for the tunnel once its established, contrary to popular belief, not all vpn providers do this, the cheaper ones tend to not do this, either because its too complex to setup, or they dont really want torrent traffic and thus "discourage" you by not allowing incoming connections and thus giving you slow download speeds.

my recommendation is either AirVPN or PIA, i know both of these support incoming ports, AirVPN even allows you to define this yourself so you have a dedicated port you can always use for the lifetime of your account.

AirVPN even allows you to define this yourself so you have a dedicated port you can always use for the lifetime of your account.
Which could be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint. Better for ease of use, worse for privacy. I'd rather have a (pseudo) random port assigned to me out of a pool. Maybe too much paranoia, but there it is. The more random the usage, the better.

Thanks for your answer. I don't actually have any of those remote apps you are referring to. I use private trackers and always manually add all torrents. The issue I have is when I manually (in the details when adding a .torrent) set the desired destination, Deluge seems to  disobey this.

Try setting up Labels and assign the folder mappings to a label. I do this for manually added torrents, works fine for me.

Thanks. I have set up labels with folder mapping assignments, but the files still don't seem to go there until I right click on the torrent --> Move Storage -> (the place where it should be).

The destination that the folder mapping assignment is the same as the download folder when I initially add the torrent, as is the destination I give in the "Move Storage" function. It doesn't seem to appear until I force it. Pretty annoying

Thanks. I have set up labels with folder mapping assignments, but the files still don't seem to go there until I right click on the torrent --> Move Storage -> (the place where it should be).

The destination that the folder mapping assignment is the same as the download folder when I initially add the torrent, as is the destination I give in the "Move Storage" function. It doesn't seem to appear until I force it. Pretty annoying

I would chmod -R 777 that destination folder if I was dealing with the same problem, but that's just me...  8)

I am currently using PIA and im on the Netherlands server. anyone know the settings or server I should be connecting to to help my download speeds?

Also on a completely unrelated matter but happened to be mentioned earlier.... does anyone know how to set download and destination folders in sonarr? I asked in the sonarr page but all i was told is that it isnt possible. 

Also on a completely unrelated matter but happened to be mentioned earlier.... does anyone know how to set download and destination folders in sonarr? I asked in the sonarr page but all i was told is that it isnt possible.

Download and destination folders are set by the download client - NZBGet / SabNZBD

Download and destination folders are set by the download client - NZBGet / SabNZBD

I can set a download and destination folder in couchpotato just fine. Just curious if it was possible in sonarr as hautdoge had mentioned it earlier.

I'm having a tricky problem, the vpn won't connect when the script tries to start it.

The error that I get is:

2016-04-09 13:51:51,894 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: /config/openvpn/nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn

/config/openvpn/._nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn

Use --help for more information.

If I manually start openvpn using /usr/bin/openvpn --cd /config/openvpn --config "/config/openvpn/nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn" --mute-replay-warnings --keepalive 10 60 it works fine.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

activ

Update: Think I found the cause of the problem.

The $VPN_CONFIG variable contains:

/config/openvpn/nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn

That does not seems right to me. Shouldn't it be:

/config/openvpn/nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn ?

Update 2: Further inspection reveals that there are in fact two two file in that folder and removing the one with ._ in front fixes the problem. But I'm not sure why that file is there or what it's for.

Anyone know what it is and if removal is safe?

Update: Think I found the cause of the problem.

The $VPN_CONFIG variable contains:

/config/openvpn/nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn

That does not seems right to me. Shouldn't it be:

/config/openvpn/nl2.nordvpn.com.udp1194.ovpn ?

Update 2: Further inspection reveals that there are in fact two two file in that folder and removing the one with ._ in front fixes the problem. But I'm not sure why that file is there or what it's for.

Anyone know what it is and if removal is safe?

No idea how it got there, but removal is perfectly safe

Hey binhex

Got a problem with both deluge & sabnzbd

Both are showing the following errors in the logs

2016-04-09 18:03:56,256 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[info] iptable_mangle module not supported, attempting to load...

2016-04-09 18:03:56,259 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.6-unRAID

2016-04-09 18:03:56,259 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[warn] iptable_mangle module not supported, you will not be able to connect to SABnzbd webui or Privoxy outside of your LAN

2016-04-09 18:03:56,311 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[info] iptables defined as follows...

I've tried deleting and repulling the images and rebuilding configs with no luck

Both will work just fine if I disable the VPN but neither are accessible with VPN enabled

EDIT:

NVM, did some more digging

Didn't realize this was pulled from the local filesystem

that module is missing from the directory so trying to get it back now

Thanks

Hey binhex

Got a problem with both deluge & sabnzbd

Both are showing the following errors in the logs

2016-04-09 18:03:56,256 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[info] iptable_mangle module not supported, attempting to load...

2016-04-09 18:03:56,259 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.6-unRAID

2016-04-09 18:03:56,259 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[warn] iptable_mangle module not supported, you will not be able to connect to SABnzbd webui or Privoxy outside of your LAN

2016-04-09 18:03:56,311 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[info] iptables defined as follows...

I've tried deleting and repulling the images and rebuilding configs with no luck

Both will work just fine if I disable the VPN but neither are accessible with VPN enabled

EDIT:

NVM, did some more digging

Didn't realize this was pulled from the local filesystem

that module is missing from the directory so trying to get it back now

Thanks

For more into on this see post #2 of this thread, FAQ q5.  Jonp is working on this for us.

Actually I just ran into this problem and there is a simple work-around (instead of creating a VM).

Here's what I did:

1. navigate to the VM Manager tab, enable VM's and hit apply.

2. disable VM's and hit apply.

3. restart the deluge docker.

voila.

Nice, a good trick! Obviously this will need to be reapplied if you reboot unraid but def a good work around for now.

Hi, had a quick volume mappings question.

I have a user share named Downloads and i've used the following to map the download folders:-

Download to: /Downloads/Incomplete

Move Completed to: /Downloads/Complete

Autoadd .torrent files from: /Downloads/Watch

The /config for the docker is stored in: /mnt/disk1/Docker/DelugeVPN

The /data for the docker is: /mnt/user/Downloads/

I don't think this is right since the folders don't appear whenever i try to download something.

Thank you.

Hi, had a quick volume mappings question.

I have a user share named Downloads and i've used the following to map the download folders:-

Download to: /Downloads/Incomplete

Move Completed to: /Downloads/Complete

Autoadd .torrent files from: /Downloads/Watch

The /config for the docker is stored in: /mnt/disk1/Docker/DelugeVPN

The /data for the docker is: /mnt/user/Downloads/

I don't think this is right since the folders don't appear whenever i try to download something.

Thank you.

Don't use this particular app, but it seems to me you should download to /data/Incomplete, move completed to /data/Complete, and watch /data/Watch