binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6181 posts in this topic Last Reply

My apologies my more recent reply was a continuation of my previous messages note I have been running binhex-delugevpn for over a year without an issue until recently I have updated to the latest version of both unraid and the binhex-delugevpn docker and no webui.  So I now have the same issue on two different unraid servers.  Oh and yes I have my PIA creds entered.  Attached is my latest supervisord log. 

supervisord.log

21 hours ago, scubieman said:

I switched to cache-prefer since I see its better than cache-only.

Here is image of my setup.

image.thumb.png.355bd8e91df3216215ece828244c4834.png

What I was trying to get at earlier about how a deluge plugin is installed. I don't know, am not inclined to research it since I don't use it, and you haven't told me.

A docker container is a little OS designed to hold a single application. The question is whether or not the installed plugin resides in Unraid storage (appdata) or resides somewhere else in that little OS. If it isn't in appdata it won't persist since updating the container replaces that little OS.

Maybe someone who uses this will be able to help you.

34 minutes ago, trurl said:

Maybe someone who uses this will be able to help you.

Plugins should be installed in appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins/.

In the past I’ve had issues with plugin settings reverting to defaults (I believe this is/was a Deluge issue) but never had plugins completely disappear.

@scubieman What method did you use to install the plugin?

31 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Plugins should be installed in appdata/binhex-delugevpn/plugins/.

In the past I’ve had issues with plugin settings reverting to defaults (I believe this is/was a Deluge issue) but never had plugins completely disappear.

@scubieman What method did you use to install the plugin?

I use the install button then select the plug-in egg. The plugin stays installed. Just goes unchecked and extractor plug-in goes checked.

image.png.b353db4e975e6d62716003ca11b84049.png

I’ve seen a few similar complaints in the Deluge forum. Might try starting a thread there.

In my case, using the GTK to configure the plugins seems to have helped. I haven’t had any recent problems with plugin settings getting corrupted.

19 minutes ago, scubieman said:

I use the install button then select the plug-in egg. The plugin stays installed. Just goes unchecked and extractor plug-in goes checked.

image.png.b353db4e975e6d62716003ca11b84049.png

ive also seen this issue, i believe its a deluge bug thats been around for quite some time, as i cannot see any permissions related problems with the image and the plugin does install, its just deluge unticks the option, weirdly if you then re-tick it you can end up with multiple installs of the same plugin!.

Just now, binhex said:

ive also seen this issue, i believe its a deluge bug thats been around for quite some time, as i cannot see any permissions related problems with the image and the plugin does install, its just deluge unticks the option, weirdly if you then re-tick it you can end up with multiple installs of the same plugin!.

You recommend qbittorrentvpn then?

Just now, scubieman said:

You recommend qbittorrentvpn then?

its an option thats available although the web ui version of qbittorrent is missing a lot of functionality imho, it depends what you need, give it a go, its still in the early days and there is a lot of work to be done to the web ui for qbittorrent before its anywhere close to the gui version but it seems stable to me.

34 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Binhex, any input on the Webgui-problems me and others have been experiencing lately?

Agreed, it is very bizarre for there seems to be an issue with VPN and webui working per my previous reply

23 hours ago, zyurph said:

My apologies my more recent reply was a continuation of my previous messages note I have been running binhex-delugevpn for over a year without an issue until recently I have updated to the latest version of both unraid and the binhex-delugevpn docker and no webui.  So I now have the same issue on two different unraid servers.  Oh and yes I have my PIA creds entered.  Attached is my latest supervisord log. 

supervisord.log

@zyurph, I recently had an issue with the WebUI not loading. The solution for me was:

I installed a new instance of DelugeVPN in parallel to the bad one. Then I copied preference files, one at a time, from the new fresh install into my existing docker. I restarted the docker after each and checked. If it didn't fix anything I put the old file back to preserve as many settings as possible. When I finally got to web.conf that fixed the issue. I guess it was corrupted or something. Once I swapped that file the WebUI came back. Testing the files one by one I was able to revert back to all my existing files and I didn't lose any settings, or partial transfers, like I would have if I had just used the totally new install. My recommendation would be to do that second install and start with web.conf and see if replacing that will bring your UI back.

14 minutes ago, eb3k said:

@zyurph, I recently had an issue with the WebUI not loading. The solution for me was:

I installed a new instance of DelugeVPN in parallel to the bad one. Then I copied preference files, one at a time, from the new fresh install into my existing docker. I restarted the docker after each and checked. If it didn't fix anything I put the old file back to preserve as many settings as possible. When I finally got to web.conf that fixed the issue. I guess it was corrupted or something. Once I swapped that file the WebUI came back. Testing the files one by one I was able to revert back to all my existing files and I didn't lose any settings, or partial transfers, like I would have if I had just used the totally new install. My recommendation would be to do that second install and start with web.conf and see if replacing that will bring your UI back.

@eb3k , Thank you for the reply!  I have tried this as well, even going so far as to remove the docker and the directory in appdata and re-install.  Still the same effect.  

45 minutes ago, eb3k said:

Thank you for this, I tried it and now it appears to working. How long I'm not sure, I have previously got it working from restoring from backup but it always comes back.

I am however getting this error now constantly:

2018-11-14 21:37:47,841 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output: [ERROR ] 21:37:47 auth:330 Login failed (ClientIP 172.17.0.1)

Any idea why?

On 11/5/2018 at 11:46 PM, Hoopster said:

Download this and open it in the Deluge VPN web client.

You will see something similar to the following in the Status window (It will say "Success" and show the IP address assigned by your VPN):

VPN IP.PNG

Thanks worked great :)

1 hour ago, zyurph said:

@eb3k , Thank you for the reply!  I have tried this as well, even going so far as to remove the docker and the directory in appdata and re-install.  Still the same effect.  

Hmmm. I tried removing and reinstalling a couple times and it was still picking up my old config. I guess I didn't ditch my appdata folder. Must be a different issue on your system. Does the parallel install work? Like if you have your no webUI container running and you add a second copy (even try the non VPN version) running at the same time, do both of them fail to load the UI or just your original one? That was what made me try replacing files, when I added the non VPN as a test it worked fine. I used the VPN version to copy in case there were differences, but that is what clued me in. If they both fail to load then you likely have a larger issue.

7 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Thank you for this, I tried it and now it appears to working. How long I'm not sure, I have previously got it working from restoring from backup but it always comes back.

I am however getting this error now constantly:

2018-11-14 21:37:47,841 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output: [ERROR ] 21:37:47 auth:330 Login failed (ClientIP 172.17.0.1)

Any idea why?

I didn't get any errors when I did this so I'm not sure what that might be. I'm not really an expert I just tried everything until I found something that worked for me. Maybe someone who actually knows how the docker works can help with that.

4 minutes ago, eb3k said:

I didn't get any errors when I did this so I'm not sure what that might be. I'm not really an expert I just tried everything until I found something that worked for me. Maybe someone who actually knows how the docker works can help with that.

Figured out the password reverted and Sonarr/Radarr was trying to log in. Works for now, even after I put the old webconf back again.

I guess I'll keep doing this every couple of days until a fix comes out, beats reverting to backup.

15 hours ago, zyurph said:

Binhex, any input on the Webgui-problems me and others have been experiencing lately?

Firstly please dont generalise the inability to access the web ui as a single issue, it very rarely is, there are dozens or reasons why the web ui may not be accessible, nearly all of them are user misconfiguration, the rest are vpn provider related, keep in mind the vast majority of people are running this with no issue.

so anybody with ongoing web ui issues please detail any related information that might be pertinent and then follow the procedure below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

Things to keep in mind:-

No support for VPS or non LAN environments.

No support for statically assigned IP containers

4 hours ago, binhex said:

Firstly please dont generalise the inability to access the web ui as a single issue, it very rarely is, there are dozens or reasons why the web ui may not be accessible, nearly all of them are user misconfiguration, the rest are vpn provider related, keep in mind the vast majority of people are running this with no issue.

so anybody with ongoing web ui issues please detail any related information that might be pertinent and then follow the procedure below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

Things to keep in mind:-

No support for VPS or non LAN environments.

No support for statically assigned IP containers

Sorry mate, didn't there where so many different reasons.

Here is my log-file: https://pastebin.com/0R4pApd5

Any hints on whats going on?

3 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Sorry mate, didn't there where so many different reasons.

Here is my log-file: https://pastebin.com/0R4pApd5

Any hints on whats going on?

no need to apologise, im just trying to prevent the situaiton where one guy 'fixes' the web ui issue and then assumes everybody else has the same problem and passes this along as the 'fix', it just wastes times thats all.

ok so ive taken a look at your log and its clean, i can see nothign wrong with the config whatsoever, infact i can see that deluge has performed re-checks on some existing torrents so im assuming its up and running, just for whatever reason you cant access the web ui. 

so questions/suggestions for you:-

1. are you trying to access the web ui from within the lan or externally? - if externally have you loaded iptable_mangle?, see link below Q1. on how to do this (unraid only):-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

2. have you tried another browser when attempting connection? - if not try it

3. have you tried another device (phone/tablet/pc/mac) when attempting connection? - if not try it

4. have you verified that the LAN_NETWORK is correct? - see the link below Q3. for instruction on how to calculate this if you are unsure:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

31 minutes ago, binhex said:

no need to apologise, im just trying to prevent the situaiton where one guy 'fixes' the web ui issue and then assumes everybody else has the same problem and passes this along as the 'fix', it just wastes times thats all.

ok so ive taken a look at your log and its clean, i can see nothign wrong with the config whatsoever, infact i can see that deluge has performed re-checks on some existing torrents so im assuming its up and running, just for whatever reason you cant access the web ui. 

so questions/suggestions for you:-

1. are you trying to access the web ui from within the lan or externally? - if externally have you loaded iptable_mangle?, see link below Q1. on how to do this (unraid only):-

2. have you tried another browser when attempting connection? - if not try it

3. have you tried another device (phone/tablet/pc/mac) when attempting connection? - if not try it

4. have you verified that the LAN_NETWORK is correct? - see the link below Q3. for instruction on how to calculate this if you are unsure:-

I should have included the info from my earlier post.

I can always connect to deluge through the deluge windows-app without problems, it's just the webgui thats causes problems.

I have the same problem both within and outside the LAN, when it happens it doesn't matter which browser or computer/phone I use.

I can access the preferences and see the correct session speed in the titlebar but the torrent list is blank.

A restart of the container doesn't work, sometimes a restart of the whole server works. Reverting to backup works but it comes back in a day or two.

Adding a new web.conf as suggested in this thread worked but the problem came back in a day.

I have run the same setup without problems for about a year, I think this might have started when I upgraded to Unraid 6.6.4 but I cant be sure on that.

1 minute ago, TorrnapZ said:

when I upgraded to Unraid 6.6.4

ok i will need to have a think about all of the info you posted, but the first important thing you need to do is move to unraid 6.6.5, 6.6.4 had bugs and 6.6.5 was released quickly after it to fix those bugs so i would strongly suggest you move to that as a first step.

27 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok i will need to have a think about all of the info you posted, but the first important thing you need to do is move to unraid 6.6.5, 6.6.4 had bugs and 6.6.5 was released quickly after it to fix those bugs so i would strongly suggest you move to that as a first step.

Seems I haven't been keeping up, I usually get a notification when there is a new release.

I've updated now and the web gui works, it does however usually work after a reboot so I'll get back to you if the problem persists.

I'm afraid the problem came back today. It seems to coinced with me using it extensivly, checking/moving/adding torrents.

At a certain point it slows down, I loose connection and then the torrentlist is blanked out.

1 minute ago, TorrnapZ said:

I loose connection and then the torrentlist is blanked out.

ok so this is interesting, so you can login to the web ui, and you can see the top menu bar for settings etc, its just you cant see any of the torrents?.

somebody with the same/similar issue:-

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JslqHRdsrHIJ:https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D54880+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

and another one, no reply but it looks like this might of been related to not connecting to the deluge dameon, can you check that:-

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=54930

question for you, how many torrents have you got in an active state (seeding/leeching)?, deluge is a bit crap when you start dealing with more than a 100 or so, so it could be hitting this limitation.