binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

5627 posts in this topic Last Reply

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-

2018-12-02 02:26:52,250 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver)
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)

I'm getting this error when trying to add Montreal to my openvpn setup. I think the problem is just the difference between 'ca-montreal.privateinternetacess' and 'ca-privateinternetacess.com' is it possible to fix this?

6 minutes ago, raoz0r said:

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-

2018-12-02 02:26:52,250 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver)
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)

I'm getting this error when trying to add Montreal to my openvpn setup. I think the problem is just the difference between 'ca-montreal.privateinternetacess' and 'ca-privateinternetacess.com' is it possible to fix this?

Only certain locals with pia support port forwarding. Must use I believe Netherlands or Switzerland. There is a video on this by the space guy lol

1 hour ago, scubieman said:

Only certain locals with pia support port forwarding. Must use I believe Netherlands or Switzerland. There is a video on this by the space guy lol

Netherlands used to support port forwarding but does not any longer.

Look up the list on PIA site for latest list of locations supporting port forwarding.

The list of port forward enabled endpoints is annoyingly difficult to find, ive bugged PIA multiple times to make this more obvious but they sadly ignore me, in any case here is the link to the list:-

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

so you can see from this that montreal is indeed on the list of sites that have port forwarding enabled, so i think whats happened here is they have changed the hostname from ca.privateinternetaccess.com to ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com and thus the check is now wrong, so i will alter the code to check for the new hostname, look out for new build.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

Ti think whats happened here is they have changed the hostname from ca.privateinternetaccess.com to ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com and thus the check is now wrong, so i will alter the code to check for the new hostname, look out for new build.

Might the same be true of DE Berlin and DE Frankfurt?

This morning after updating I was getting the following error that prevented deluge from starting up.

2018-12-03 09:54:07,698 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
/root/getvpnport.sh: line 42: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/root/getvpnport.sh: line 42: ` ("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \'

I went to that shell script and removed the first backslash in front of that snippet and restarted and it started working again.

Since it seems like others are having this problem, this is exactly what I changed in case you want to copy me while we wait for an official fix.

pia_port_forward_enabled_endpoints_array=("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \
                "ca-toronto.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Toronto)" \
                "ca-montreal.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Montreal)" \
                "czech.${pia_domain_suffix} (Czech Republic)" \
                "spain.${pia_domain_suffix} (Spain)" \
                "swiss.${pia_domain_suffix} (Switzerland)" \
                "sweden.${pia_domain_suffix} (Sweden)" \
                "france.${pia_domain_suffix} (France)" \
                "de-berlin.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "de-frankfurt.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "ro.${pia_domain_suffix} (Romania)" \
                "israel.${pia_domain_suffix} (Israel)")

Edited by rzeeman711

Hello, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask a new question - if not I apologize, please point me in the right direction. I am only wondering the location of the Notification script, as I would like to edit the actual email message that is sent upon completion. I am on Synology DSM latest and have config mounted to /config. Thanks!

Good morning.  Woke up to DelugeVPN not working this morning and this in the log:

2018-12-03 15:24:27,033 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

/root/getvpnport.sh: line 42: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/root/getvpnport.sh: line 42: ` ("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \'

Here's the area in the script:

pia_port_forward_enabled_endpoints_array=\
                ("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \

Apparently it doesn't like the parenthesis around the list.  Delugevpn will start if I remove them, but obviously I don't want to mess with it too much.  :)

6 minutes ago, rzeeman711 said:

This morning after updating I was getting the following error that prevented deluge from starting up.

I went to that shell script and removed the first backslash in front of that snippet and restarted and it started working again.

Brilliant!  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, rzeeman711 said:

Well.. not sure that that fixes it, but it does make it work.  :)

Here's what I got in the log when I made that change:

2018-12-03 15:35:06,510 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

/root/getvpnport.sh: line 43: ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver): command not found

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow

[info]

2 minutes ago, Adam64 said:

Well.. not sure that that fixes it, but it does make it work.  :)

Here's what I got in the log when I made that change:

/root/getvpnport.sh: line 43: ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver): command not found

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow

[info]

I updated my original post. I also removed the newline. make sure yours looks like mine and you wont get that error.

1 hour ago, PeterB said:

Might the same be true of DE Berlin and DE Frankfurt?

nope they are already in there:-

1 hour ago, Adam64 said:

Apparently it doesn't like the parenthesis around the list.

hmm ok leave it with me.

edit - fixed and new image built, please pull down.

Edited by binhex

2 hours ago, binhex said:

nope they are already in there:-

hmm ok leave it with me.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, binhex said:

Thanks, was broken on last update, new image has me up and running again :)

2 minutes ago, essessell said:

Well,  I have exhausted my brain trying to get the web UI to work. It runs fine when VPN_ENABLED is set to no.  Can you have a look at my supervisord.log? 

supervisord.log

nothing wrong with that, thats a successful start and connect, my guess is your LAN_NETWORK is configured incorrectly, from your log:-

2018-12-04 10:04:39.181185 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

is that correct?, if you dont know how to configure this then see here Q3.:- 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

my LAN is actually configured as 192.168.254.0    I've tried 192.168.254.0/24 and still no go.  I did read Q3 and then googled around and from what I can gather it should work.  I am able to run pia from linux just fine.  I've also deleted docker.img and started over with same results.

OK I figured it out ..  It's nothing to do with my configuration or the docker ..   I have two LAN interfaces on my server and they were both connected however it was a hardware configuration that was screwing things up so I unplugged one LAN cable and now I am able to get to the webUI. . Thanks for confirming my .log was ok.  That really led me to investigate what else could be wrong.  Again great docker.. thanks for the work.

Edited by essessell
Stupidity

2 hours ago, essessell said:

my LAN is actually configured as 192.168.254.0    I've tried 192.168.254.0/24 and still no go.  I did read Q3 and then googled around and from what I can gather it should work.  I am able to run pia from linux just fine.  I've also deleted docker.img and started over with same results.

OK I figured it out ..  It's nothing to do with my configuration or the docker ..   I have two LAN interfaces on my server and they were both connected however it was a hardware configuration that was screwing things up so I unplugged one LAN cable and now I am able to get to the webUI. . Thanks for confirming my .log was ok.  That really led me to investigate what else could be wrong.  Again great docker.. thanks for the work.

well almost figured it out....   It loads fine on my windows machine but still won't load the webUI on my Ubuntu machine where I have the PIA client installed.  It actually did load for a minute then when I tested it again it wouldn't load. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04

OK I tried on another linux machine and the webUI won't load there either...  What could be the matter?

Edited by essessell
linux trouble

well almost figured it out....   It loads fine on my windows machine but still won't load the webUI on my Ubuntu machine where I have the PIA client installed.  It actually did load for a minute then when I tested it again it wouldn't load. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04

OK I tried on another linux machine and the webUI won't load there either...  What could be the matter?
Sounds like a firewall issue on Ubuntu to me check that it allows outbound connections to any port or at least to the port used by the container

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, binhex said:

Sounds like a firewall issue on Ubuntu to me check that it allows outbound connections to any port or at least to the port used by the container

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

steve@ubuntu-18:~$ sudo ufw status verbose
[sudo] password for steve:

I think ubuntu allows all outbound traffic by default

Is there anywhere else I should look that might be keeping the UI from loading

49 minutes ago, essessell said:

steve@ubuntu-18:~$ sudo ufw status verbose
[sudo] password for steve:

I think ubuntu allows all outbound traffic by default

Is there anywhere else I should look that might be keeping the UI from loading

are you doing anything weird like running a vpn on the ubuntu boxes?, or maybe vlan perhaps?, pfsense blocking?.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

are you doing anything weird like running a vpn on the ubuntu boxes?, or maybe vlan perhaps?, pfsense blocking?.

I have it running on one machine just to test it out.  but when I use another machine it still doesn't work even when I have PIA turned off.  I'm not using pfsense.  I do have ubiquiti USG and I've looked for anomalies there but didn't see anything that could be blocking

38 minutes ago, essessell said:

I have it running on one machine just to test it out.  but when I use another machine it still doesn't work even when I have PIA turned off.  I'm not using pfsense.  I do have ubiquiti USG and I've looked for anomalies there but didn't see anything that could be blocking

sorry im out of ideas then, all i can tell you is the container looks to be starting fine, so its something on your network and/or hosts that is the cause.

Hi, iam new to this.

I manage to install the container on a synology nas and get all to work with sonarr radarr etc.

I also can browse internet through the privox server on my regular computer, and both torrents and webbrowsing seems to be using the vpn ip.

My question is: If the vpn goes down for some reason does it block all the connections then or is my regular ip exposed?

If it is how can i prevent and test this?

I've heard about something called iptables.

Thnx for this container, was looking for a solution like this =).. Happy christmas

57 minutes ago, gambler3k said:

If the vpn goes down for some reason does it block all the connections then or is my regular ip exposed?

If it is how can i prevent and test this?

I've heard about something called iptables.

Hi there, welcome to the forums

iptables are configured to only let traffic out through the VPN IP and the local network (the LAN_NETWORK variable)

Moreover, at init if the VPN is not established, Deluge will not go up