binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6111 posts in this topic Last Reply

47 minutes ago, binhex said:

yep so this is your issue, in the file core.conf line 59 to 62 you have somehow got the incoming port set to the same port number as the web interface, as in port 8112, so when deluge-ui tries to start it starts the web ui on port 8112 (separate process to deluge), then deluged reads the core.conf and attempts to set the incoming port to 8112, which it cant cos its already in use by the web interface and then blows up.

here is the misconfigured section:-

"listen_ports": [
  ], 

so the fix is stop the container, and set it to the following, do NOT use windows notepad, use notepad++ or atom:-

"listen_ports": [
  ], 

save the file and then start the container.

That did it. Thanks!

20 hours ago, Rudder2 said:

Hello, Been trying to get this to work for a while.  I bash in to the container and the VPN is working but Deluge is not accessible.  I need a new set of eyes on it.  There is so much information I cannot parse it all.  Thank you.

supervisord.log

Any ideas anyone?  More information needed?  Please help.

Here is a new supervisord.log.  Please help.  I ping things in the container and the TX and RX of the tunnel increase so the tunnel is working.  Just something isn't working.  No idea what.

supervisord.log

The log you posted contains your vpn password. You should change it. There are also warnings in the log regarding special characters in the password. Might want to stick with letters and numbers on the new one. Not sure if this is the cause of your problem but it’s a place to start.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

The log you posted contains your vpn password. You should change it. There are also warnings in the log regarding special characters in the password. Might want to stick with letters and numbers on the new one. Not sure if this is the cause of your problem but it’s a place to start.

I will change it.  Sounds like is was good I accidentally missed all the entries.  Thank you for the tip.  I use random passwords for all services.

5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

My VPN provider requires special characters....

1 minute ago, Rudder2 said:

My VPN provider requires special characters....

Maybe underscore, probably safe.

5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Maybe underscore, probably safe.

I used !'s in it and it still gives the warning.  When I Bash in to the Container the tunnel responds to pings....This has me mindboggled...

[root@335280eb9ecb /]# ping 1.1.1.1
PING 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=36.7 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=35.7 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=44.8 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=36.0 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=57 time=37.2 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=6 ttl=57 time=36.8 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=7 ttl=57 time=37.4 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=8 ttl=57 time=36.6 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=9 ttl=57 time=36.2 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=10 ttl=57 time=36.8 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=11 ttl=57 time=39.6 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=12 ttl=57 time=37.2 ms
^C
--- 1.1.1.1 ping statistics ---
12 packets transmitted, 12 received, 0% packet loss, time 22ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 35.743/37.599/44.827/2.380 ms
[root@335280eb9ecb /]# ifconfig
eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 172.17.0.16  netmask 255.255.0.0  broadcast 172.17.255.255
        ether 02:42:ac:11:00:10  txqueuelen 0  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 171  bytes 25136 (24.5 KiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 43  bytes 5317 (5.1 KiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)

tun5: flags=4305<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 172.21.94.34  netmask 255.255.254.0  destination 172.21.94.34
        unspec 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00  txqueuelen 100  (UNSPEC)
        RX packets 20  bytes 1680 (1.6 KiB)
        TX packets 20  bytes 1680 (1.6 KiB)

docker container just stopped working today, only thing that has changed about my environment is the recent install of Netdata on the host machine.

docker-compose logs attached for delugevpn

deluge logs

7 hours ago, kenv said:

docker container just stopped working today, only thing that has changed about my environment is the recent install of Netdata on the host machine.

docker-compose logs attached for delugevpn

deluge logs

if thats the only thing that has changed then i would highly suspect that netdata is your issue, from your logs it def looks network related:-

TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

25 minutes ago, kenv said:

any recommendations on where to troubleshoot?

i would start with uninstalling netdata.

I've done that, and apt autoremoved any unused packages on ubuntu....
I would also double check with your VPN provider that the ovpn file you downloaded with the inline certificate is still valid as it's possible that they aren't valid anymore and that's the TLS error

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

whats interesting about SlickVPN is there is no zip file to download, you download a single .ovpn file

remote gw1.ams2.slickvpn.com 443 udp

# host/port of vpn server

# prompt for authentication
auth-user-pass credentials.conf

# equivalent to pull, tls-client
client

# redirect all outgoing traffic to the vpn gateway
redirect-gateway

# verify the server certificate for authenticity
remote-cert-tls server

cipher AES-256-CBC

proto udp
dev tun
keepalive 10 120
nobind

persist-key

# ssl certificate / key used for tls
#ca certs/ca.crt

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>

24 minutes ago, kenv said:

whats interesting about SlickVPN is there is no zip file to download, you download a single .ovpn file

yeah ive seen that before, your question to slickvpn is, is the ca certificate that is embedded in the ovpn file (as shown above) still valid?, or is there a more up to date cert (as in a newer ovpn file).

30 minutes ago, binhex said:

yeah ive seen that before, your question to slickvpn is, is the ca certificate that is embedded in the ovpn file (as shown above) still valid?, or is there a more up to date cert (as in a newer ovpn file).

ok so I downloaded the latest cert and tested it on the Linux host running docker and I am able to connect to the VPN successfully

so i deleted everything and rebuilt and now seeing this error haha

2019-02-22 17:56:26,624 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

presumably its referring to this line in the .ovpn file: 

in the opevpn folder I have a credentials.conf file with user/pass

Edited by kenv

So after using CP and Transmission for years, I decided t switch t o delugevpn after watching spaceinvader's video, everything seems to be working and set up with PIA but when I use the same example download of unbuntu I am not even getting 1mb/s Netherlands is no longer available in the openvpn so tried

DE Berlin

DE Frankfurt

Switzerland (current openvpn cfg)

But same slow speeds, got privoxy enabled on my Win10 VM and even using speedtest.net is super slow Ping ms 122 Download Mbps 0.36 Upload Mbps 1.84

Havent got around to checking SABnzbd but set up Radarr and Sonarr to use proxy so I am guessing they will be equally slow. Any suggestions on what I can do, also tried a whole other bunch of servers from this list https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

Not sure if its a delugevpn issue or PIA issue - Now using Switerland but still no better.

Sabnzbd is maxing out my connection which is correct because its not usng VPN and uses SSL

Looks like its possibly deluge which is the issue, not sure if I need to configure proxy in preferences, its all set to none.

If I disable Proxy on my VM I get normal download speeds on speedtest ~300Mbps, enable proxy using 192.168.1.3 Port 8118 downloads speeds drop to ~9Mbps

Ubuntu downloading in deluge is around ~342.2 KiB/s

supervisord.log

Edited by bally12345
Log upload

On 2/20/2019 at 7:52 PM, Rudder2 said:

Any ideas anyone?  More information needed?  Please help.

umask is wrong:-

2019-02-19 17:35:27.597474 [info] UMASK defined as '775'

umask is opposite of chmod, so 775 is actually VERY restrictive, go with the default which is 000 or change it to 002 if you want it a little tighter.

Edited by binhex

On 2/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, kenv said:

so i deleted everything and rebuilt and now seeing this error haha

2019-02-22 17:56:26,624 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.6)
Use --help for more information.

presumably its referring to this line in the .ovpn file: 

in the opevpn folder I have a credentials.conf file with user/pass

please follow the procedure lnked below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&amp;comment=435831

4 hours ago, binhex said:

umask is wrong:-

2019-02-19 17:35:27.597474 [info] UMASK defined as '775'

umask is opposite of chmod, so 775 is actually VERY restrictive, go with the default which is 000 or change it to 002 if you want it a little tighter.

OK, I fixed the UMASK and deleted all the files in the APPS folder and started again.  I get to Sun Feb 24 19:32:55 2019 Initialization Sequence Completed but still the webui and proxy is not accessible.  Here is the new supervisord.log.  The tunnel appears to be transmitting traffic when I ping in the container's bash the tun5 packets go up.  This has me confused. 

Starting to think I need to create a PFSense router and go that route but really would rather just use this docker if possible.  I think I got my username and password fully out of this file...I hope....

Thank you for your help and time on this.

supervisord.log

@Rudder2 this is the issue now:-

2019-02-24 19:32:47,525 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Feb 24 19:32:47 2019 [vpn] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

so for some reason the tunnel is establishing BUT the built in ping functionality in openvpn is terminating as it cannot ping the other end of the tunnel, this then results in the tunnel being torn down and re-created. 

so the question is, why is this happening?, well my guess is out of date ovpn file, not sure where you have got this from but i would double check with the vpn provider that its up to date, if it is then try another endpoint, maybe the endpoint you are connecting to (dallas) is a bit flaky. 

if you want a hassle free experience then switch to PIA, it just works.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, bally12345 said:

So after using CP and Transmission for years, I decided t switch t o delugevpn after watching spaceinvader's video, everything seems to be working and set up with PIA but when I use the same example download of unbuntu I am not even getting 1mb/s Netherlands is no longer available in the openvpn so tried

DE Berlin

DE Frankfurt

Switzerland (current openvpn cfg)

But same slow speeds, got privoxy enabled on my Win10 VM and even using speedtest.net is super slow Ping ms 122 Download Mbps 0.36 Upload Mbps 1.84

Havent got around to checking SABnzbd but set up Radarr and Sonarr to use proxy so I am guessing they will be equally slow. Any suggestions on what I can do, also tried a whole other bunch of servers from this list https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

Not sure if its a delugevpn issue or PIA issue - Now using Switerland but still no better.

Sabnzbd is maxing out my connection which is correct because its not usng VPN and uses SSL

Looks like its possibly deluge which is the issue, not sure if I need to configure proxy in preferences, its all set to none.

If I disable Proxy on my VM I get normal download speeds on speedtest ~300Mbps, enable proxy using 192.168.1.3 Port 8118 downloads speeds drop to ~9Mbps

Ubuntu downloading in deluge is around ~342.2 KiB/s

supervisord.log

have a look at the link below for hints on how to fix this, Q6:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

2 hours ago, binhex said:

have a look at the link below for hints on how to fix this, Q6:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

I have checked everything and as far as I can tell its looks ok, I am going to download the PIA app directly to my laptop and win10 vm to rule VPN issue or just a deluge config issue.

I have attached some screenshot if you dont mind checking to see if there is anything wrong, but then I am also thinking this should be affect privoxy and speeds I am getting through Chrome ?

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.22.33.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.23.05.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.23.17.png

Screenshot 2019-02-25 12.23.41.png