binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

5551 posts in this topic Last Reply

4 hours ago, binhex said:

new image built please pull down and see if this resolves the privoxy issue.

Thank you so much! This also worked for me.

Hi binhex:

Sadly, I have been having issues getting DelugeVPN to work properly in recent days. The container refuses to download anything for more than 5 mins at a  time, before I have to restart it. Now, the downloads don't even start, they just hang at 0.0 KB/s Over the past few days, I have also seen an error message regarding port 8112 already being in use:

2019-05-03 16:04:15,009 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...
[info] Deluge Web UI started
[debug] VPN incoming port is 37858
[debug] Deluge incoming port is 37858
[debug] VPN IP is 10.29.11.6
[debug] Deluge IP is 10.29.11.6

2019-05-03 16:04:20,674 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge-web", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.15', 'console_scripts', 'deluge-web')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/web.py", line 144, in start

2019-05-03 16:04:20,674 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
    web.start()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/web.py", line 131, in start
    self.server.start()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py", line 670, in start

2019-05-03 16:04:20,677 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
    self.start_normal()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py", line 678, in start_normal

2019-05-03 16:04:20,677 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
    self.socket = reactor.listenTCP(self.port, self.site, interface=self.interface)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 495, in listenTCP

2019-05-03 16:04:20,717 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
    p.startListening()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 1363, in startListening

2019-05-03 16:04:20,747 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
    raise CannotListenError(self.interface, self.port, le)
twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8112: [Errno 98] Address already in use.

Upon investigation, the delugevpn container seems to be the only use of port 8112. No other Deluge containers are running. 

fcccpAC.png

Please see attached for redacted versions of my full supervisord log (debug) and docker-compose.yml, with usernames/passwords removed. I have also included my deluge core.conf for your perusal. Please let me know if you need anything else. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks for your time,

~ happinessattack

core.conf supervisord-redacted.log docker-compose-redacted.yml

Hi there, I am completely new to just about everything associated with unRaid and the Docker system so I am probably just having a fundamental misunderstanding about how this stuff works, but I am noticing something weird nonetheless. I got everything up and running with my PIA account linked to deluge and everything seems to work okay from the unraid/deluge side of things, but when deluge is running it is somehow maxing out my upload connection even though nothing is actually being uploaded. It seems to be tied to the download rate, for example, if I limit deluge to 5MB/s down, then the upload sits around the same speed. It does this all the way until it reaches the limit at around 8MB/s up, so when I am running full bandwidth downloading my upload is constantly capped.

Is there something I am completely misunderstanding about my setup or is there something really weird going on here?

Thanks for your time.

3 hours ago, Civrock said:

it is somehow maxing out my upload connection even though nothing is actually being uploaded.

Is Deluge really showing no active torrents? My guess is that you are seeding. You can configure the bandwidth used for this in the app settings.

Edited by wgstarks

10 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Is Deluge really showing no active torrents? My guess is that you are seeding. You can configure the bandwidth used for this in the app settings.

It is showing active torrents, but most of them don't have anything going on in the "Up Speed" column and their "Uploaded" stat is extremely small, most showing less than 50MB uploaded compared to the many tens of GB downloaded. There are sporadic uploads at varying times, but nothing sustained and nothing large enough to cap out my transfer bandwidth.

When I go into the preferences to set global and per-torrent seed caps of zero or anything else it is still going full tilt on the transfer rate measured at my Edgerouter.

Edit: What are the chances / is it even possible that I have something configured improperly and instead of writing directly to disc, my server is sending all that data across the network back to itself to write to the array? When the array is writing at full speed the transfer rate is maxed and when the array is writing at a slow speed, the internet transfer is around the same speed. Sounds insane, and I am not even sure it is possible. But bandwidth seems to be increasing / decreasing with array write speed. That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Civrock

Just to tie up my support -- working again. Thanks for the quick fix!

Is it possible to change the deluge daemon port? I have tried changing the values in the core.conf, web.conf, and hostlist contained in the config folder. If it's possible, I'd appreciate any pointers.

I’ve never tried, but pretty sure you just need to change the mapping in the docker template.

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I’ve never tried, but pretty sure you just need to change the mapping in the docker template.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm trying to run multiple instances of DelugeVPN and I need to change the internal port used within the container for that if it's possible with configuration. The reason I would like more than one instance is because deluge starts to become fragile and slow past 1500 to 2500 torrents.

Note: this is a copy of the GitHib issue #110 ("docker-compose up deluge" works, "docker-compose up" does not) as i am not sure where the best place to post such questions/issues is. Apologies if this is the wrong place.

I created a docker-compose service for arch-delugevpn:

deluge:
    image: binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest
    container_name: deluge
    restart: always
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    environment:
      - PUID=999
      - PGID=999
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - VPN_USER=<login>
      - VPN_PASS=<password>
      - VPN_PROV=pia
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.10.0/24
      - NAME_SERVERS=1.1.1.1,8.8.4.4
      - UMASK=000
      - DEBUG=false
      - DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info
      - DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=debug
    volumes:
      - $PWD/deluge/config:/config
      - /mnt/2TB1/deluge:/data
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    labels:
      caddy.address: http://deluge.my.domain
      caddy.targetport: "8112"

When starting it individually via `docker-compose up deluge` I get a correct startup and a fully working container:

root@srv /e/docker# docker-compose up deluge
Recreating deluge ... done
Attaching to deluge
deluge           | Created by...
deluge           | ___.   .__       .__
deluge           | \_ |__ |__| ____ |  |__   ____ ___  ___
deluge           |  | __ \|  |/    \|  |  \_/ __ \\  \/  /
deluge           |  | \_\ \  |   |  \   Y  \  ___/ >    <
deluge           |  |___  /__|___|  /___|  /\___  >__/\_ \
deluge           |      \/        \/     \/     \/      \/
deluge           |    https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/
deluge           |
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.153235 [info] System information Linux ee56835d263f 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.179594 [info] PUID defined as '999'
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.256661 [info] PGID defined as '999'
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.328264 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.361891 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.391162 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.416152 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'debug'
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.441148 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
deluge           | 2019-05-06 13:10:25.471236 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/Switzerland.ovpn
(...)

When starting it as part of the global `docker-compose up`, it fails to start:

# docker-compose logs deluge
Created by...
___.   .__       .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ |  |__   ____ ___  ___
 | __ \|  |/    \|  |  \_/ __ \\  \/  /
 | \_\ \  |   |  \   Y  \  ___/ >    <
 |___  /__|___|  /___|  /\___  >__/\_ \
     \/        \/     \/     \/      \/
   https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2019-05-06 13:08:47.140703 [info] System information Linux 8e5db03d43ac 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-05-06 13:08:47.175570 [info] PUID defined as '999'
2019-05-06 13:08:47.204582 [info] PGID defined as '999'
2019-05-06 13:08:47.258333 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-05-06 13:08:47.294058 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-05-06 13:08:47.324459 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2019-05-06 13:08:47.349228 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'debug'
2019-05-06 13:08:47.377825 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2019-05-06 13:08:47.411000 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

What could be the reason for this difference in startup (all the other docker containers started globally or individually are fine - it is just delugevpn which has this behaviour so I believe the problem is with the way I start this particular container)

11 hours ago, WoJ said:

$PWD/deluge/config:/config

this is your issue, dont use $PWD, you must use absolute paths, this is why you are then getting this:-

11 hours ago, WoJ said:

[crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

because $PWD is not resolving.

17 hours ago, advancedSLICEDbanana said:

I'm trying to run multiple instances of DelugeVPN and I need to change the internal port

dont do this, you should never change the container port, you change the host port, if you change the container port it will most likely break things.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

this is your issue, dont use $PWD, you must use absolute paths, this is why you are then getting this:

Thank you, it was indeed the problem.

I do not understand yet why it affected only that particular container (other also had a similar volume declaration) and why it was appearing in one mode and not the other ("up deluge" vs. "up") but it is good advice anyway and I changed it everywhere to a path without $PWD (relative not absolute, though).

40 minutes ago, WoJ said:

I do not understand yet why it affected only that particular container

it will of affected all your containers, the only reason you spotted it this time is that this particular container requires certain files (as in /config/openvpn) to be in place in order to start correctly, all your other containers most probably do not require certain files to exist and thus it just writes everything in '/deluge/config' (as i would guess $PWD = '').

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

it will of affected all your containers, the only reason you spotted it this time is that this particular container requires certain files (as in /config/openvpn) to be in place in order to start correctly, all your other containers most probably do not require certain files to exist and thus it just writes everything in '/deluge/config' (as i would guess $PWD = '').

Well, other containers use the local directory mapped to the container directory to handle data, config files etc. 

So if I had $PWD/somecontainer:/etc/something and $PWD was empty, it would map a nonexistent /somecontainer folder to /etc/something within the container. If the container expected to find or write something there it would have failed.

I edited the configuration of these other containers via their mapped volume (which  used $PWD) and it was taken into account correctly.

The other point is that "docker-compose up deluge" worked fine, while "docker-compose up" did not (for deluge).

I agree with you that it is definitely better to be explicit with the paths and I modified them everywhere (even when it was working fine with $PWD, and it still works fine), I am just trying to completely understand the behaviour.

3 minutes ago, WoJ said:

So if I had $PWD/somecontainer:/etc/something and $PWD was empty, it would map a nonexistent /somecontainer folder to /etc/something within the container.

this is true, as per your findings, are you using 'docker-compose up' for these other containers?, or 'docker-compose up <name of service>'? as you said that one succeeds and one doesn't.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

dont do this, you should never change the container port, you change the host port, if you change the container port it will most likely break things.

Ok thanks for the advise. If I’m not mistaken, running multiple Deluge containers with the same internal ports will not work using bridge networking. Do you know if any ways to deploy multiple instances of your Deluge container in Docker?

4 minutes ago, advancedSLICEDbanana said:

If I’m not mistaken, running multiple Deluge containers with the same internal ports will not work using bridge networking.

you are mistaken, this is not correct, its the HOST ports that cannot be the same, the container ports can (and in most cases should be) the same if you are deploying multiple containers for the same image.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

this is true, as per your findings, are you using 'docker-compose up' for these other containers?, or 'docker-compose up <name of service>'? as you said that one succeeds and one doesn't.

When starting the containers individually (docker-compose up containername), each succeeds (including deluge) 

When starting them all together via docker-compose up, they all succeed except for deluge (with the error about missing ovpn file) 

Now that I changed $PWD to . (current dir), they all succeed no matter how they are started. 

This is really strange but at least now everything works :)

Hi, Privoxy is not starting. I tried repulling the image but I'm still getting the same issue. This is all I'm seeing in the log

2019-05-07 18:22:00,596 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for Privoxy process to start...

2019-05-07 18:22:01,600 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for Privoxy process to start aborted, too many retries
[warn] Showing output from command before exit...

2019-05-07 18:22:03,603 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22775243352888 for <Subprocess at 22775243981656 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-07 18:22:03,603 DEBG fd 20 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22775243353056 for <Subprocess at 22775243981656 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-07 18:22:03,604 INFO exited: watchdog-script (exit status 1; not expected)
2019-05-07 18:22:03,604 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit

I was working fine until the update you all mentioned last week (Thursday?) but it's not working anymore. 

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I was going to delete this before moderators approved, but I found a solution and thought I'd go ahead a post it for others. I stopped container, deleted the "privoxy" folder from the container folder, and restarted as suggested earlier. Didn't work for others leading to an updated image from binhex but it seems to have fixed my issue. It seems to be working now.

Edited by nowhere99
Found solution

Anyone else having trouble with the docker after updating to 6.7.0? I updated Unraid, but the Deluge docker keeps saying "update ready", but when I hit "apply update", it checks a few things but doesn't pull any new data and I can't get to the web GUI. Everything was working perfectly prior to updating from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0.

Any tips? I've restarted twice and tried applying update each time with no success.

Edit: Appears something broke my network connection, although I didn't change anything when updating Unraid to 6.7.0?? I'm getting the error: "Interface Ethernet Port 1 is down. Check cable!"

Edited by BBLV

10 hours ago, BBLV said:

Anyone else having trouble with the docker after updating to 6.7.0? I updated Unraid, but the Deluge docker keeps saying "update ready", but when I hit "apply update", it checks a few things but doesn't pull any new data and I can't get to the web GUI. Everything was working perfectly prior to updating from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0.

I'm awaiting further reports before I risk an update!

could someone please post an example on how to configure qbittorrent or DelugeVPN with torguard Thanks