binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6271 posts in this topic Last Reply

6 minutes ago, jserio said:

The ovpn files does indeed use the hostname (remote us.vpn.airdns.org 443).

hmm ok sadly that particular A record only resolves to a single ip address so i can see why it may go down, ideally it should resolve to multiple ip addresses, each of which is a vpn server, openvpn can then randomly reconnect to another server on disconnection, an example of this is from pia:-

Name:    swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
Addresses:  185.230.125.48

at the moment this docker does not support multiple remote lines in the ovpn file (but as mentioned does support multiple server connections) so you might be stuck for now unless you switch vpn provider.

On 1/5/2020 at 10:48 PM, joeloooiz said:

Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]45.12.220.231:1198

2020-01-05 16:46:55,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Sun Jan 5 16:46:55 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]45.12.220.231:1198

That is what I get over and over again no matter what I do (aside from turn off the VPN).

in that case openvpn client is unable to establish a connection with that specific ip address, unless you need to do that i would recommend going with a ovpn file that uses a hostname, targetting a specific ip address is never a good idea unless absolutely required.

Just go to AirVPN's config download page, and download a config for a continent or a country with multiple servers. You can also have multiple countries in a config, but I think it will prefer the one that comes alphabetically first.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

in that case openvpn client is unable to establish a connection with that specific ip address, unless you need to do that i would recommend going with a ovpn file that uses a hostname, targetting a specific ip address is never a good idea unless absolutely required.

Hi - I am using the ovpn files downloaded directly from PIA - I haven't specified any IP addresses anywhere but am relying (I assume) on DNS to resolve that IP.

Hi - I am using the ovpn files downloaded directly from PIA - I haven't specified any IP addresses anywhere but am relying (I assume) on DNS to resolve that IP.
In that case I would suspect outbound port 1198 is being blocked check your firewall

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone!

I'm working on getting my DelugeVPN container set up (used SpaceInvaderOne YT video for reference for initial setup).

I'm using PIA for the VPN.

After getting everything set up, I got my first torrent started and saw reasonable speeds (~5MB/s download) but after 30s to 1 min of these good downloads, my download speed drops to 0 kb/s and never recovers.

I can delete the torrent and restart the docker and try again but see the same pattern every time I try to restart a torrent (have tried using a few different connection points and toggling port forwarding on/off.

Wondering if anyone can help with further setup to get stable downloads. Let me know what data I need to attach!

Thanks!

Marshall

2 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

Hey everyone!

I'm working on getting my DelugeVPN container set up (used SpaceInvaderOne YT video for reference for initial setup).

I'm using PIA for the VPN.

After getting everything set up, I got my first torrent started and saw reasonable speeds (~5MB/s download) but after 30s to 1 min of these good downloads, my download speed drops to 0 kb/s and never recovers.

I can delete the torrent and restart the docker and try again but see the same pattern every time I try to restart a torrent (have tried using a few different connection points and toggling port forwarding on/off.

Wondering if anyone can help with further setup to get stable downloads. Let me know what data I need to attach!

Thanks!

Marshall

qnap user by any chance or using unraid?

17 minutes ago, binhex said:

qnap user by any chance or using unraid?

Using unraid! I guess that would have been important to mention.

50 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

Using unraid! I guess that would have been important to mention.

ok so have you configured deluge via the web ui to use the volume mapping /data for incomplete and completed downloads?.

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so have you configured deluge via the web ui to use the volume mapping /data for incomplete and completed downloads?.

Currently going to:

/data/Incomplete for my downloading files and 

/data/Completed when they are finished.

20 hours ago, binhex said:

hmm ok sadly that particular A record only resolves to a single ip address so i can see why it may go down, ideally it should resolve to multiple ip addresses, each of which is a vpn server, openvpn can then randomly reconnect to another server on disconnection, an example of this is from pia:-

Name:    swiss.privateinternetaccess.com
Addresses:  185.230.125.48

at the moment this docker does not support multiple remote lines in the ovpn file (but as mentioned does support multiple server connections) so you might be stuck for now unless you switch vpn provider.

Interestingly, I went to the airvpn page to choose a few different servers and noticed this on the page (never saw it before):

DNS are updated every 5 minutes to reflect the best recommended servers available in the areas

I suspect when the issue arises, that deluge is caching the original IP and not resolving to a new one? Any way to force a flush of the dns cache?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, binhex said:

ok great, in that case can you follow the procedure below:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Here's my supervisord.log file from today after setting debug to "true" and restarting the docker. Very long so uploading instead of copy/pasting. I changed my PIA username and password to "username" and "password" for this version of the log file just in case :)

Thanks in advance!

supervisord log 1.8.2020.txt

Edited by MarshallU
wrong file attached

On 4/23/2017 at 7:32 AM, krh1009 said:

One more question... I had very slow download speeds with pia, so I'm trying to switch to express VPN as a provider.  I'm running int a problem, attached are the head and tail of  my supervisord.log.

58fc3c31a2263_ScreenShot2017-04-23at1_27_00AM.thumb.png.5784605ae10aad8fd566970d34559cd3.png58fc3c4f9db7d_ScreenShot2017-04-23at1_24_43AM.png.a78723a5a4e9abe458fcb1b017f75324.png

I wanted to use ExpressVPN but was told that they don't support port forwarding? so it wouldn't work with DelugeVPN? - torrents

Dit you get ExpressVPN working? and could you share any "Custom" setup needed to get it working?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, casperse said:

I wanted to use ExpressVPN but was told that they don't support port forwarding? so it wouldn't work with DelugeVPN?

it will work, but it will be very slow.

15 hours ago, MarshallU said:

Here's my supervisord.log file from today after setting debug to "true" and restarting the docker. Very long so uploading instead of copy/pasting. I changed my PIA username and password to "username" and "password" for this version of the log file just in case :)

Thanks in advance!

supervisord log 1.8.2020.txt 53.05 kB · 3 downloads

thats a successful start, can you confirm you have set the correct lan_network, see Q4 here if you dont know how to configure it correctly:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

24 minutes ago, binhex said:

it will work, but it will be very slow.

Thanks for your quick response - Main reason to get Express was the added speed but not in this scenario, so PIA is still the best option?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, casperse said:

Thanks for your quick response - Main reason to get Express was the added speed but not in this scenario, so PIA is still the best option?

its the most supported vpn provider for this images, yes, the port forwarding is all done for you so its fairly painless, see here for quick guide if you are a newbie to this image:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/guides/vpn.md

Edited by binhex

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, binhex said:

its the most supported vpn provider for this images, yes, the port forwarding is all done for you so its fairly painless, see here for quick guide if you are a newbie to this image:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/guides/vpn.md

Ok reading through the FAQ and following the great video guide I keep getting the "Stop" - Like this killswitch works! :-)

I also forwarded all the ports requested by the docker, I enabled the debug log and see something about port 3?

I did add my new username and password from PIA and I downloaded the OpenVPN files and placed them in the Appdata (and user rights are ok)

kernel: docker0: port 13(vethca7b629) entered disabled state
kernel: device vethca7b629 left promiscuous mode
kernel: docker0: port 13(vethca7b629) entered disabled state
avahi-daemon[9143]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::5c28:7eff:fe9a:7125 on vethca7b629.
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered blocking state
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered disabled state
kernel: device veth37eee44 entered promiscuous mode
kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): veth37eee44: link is not ready
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered forwarding state
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered disabled state
kernel: eth0: renamed from vethb1c8d62
kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth37eee44: link becomes ready
kernel: docker0: port 13(veth37eee44) entered forwarding state
avahi-daemon[9143]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface veth37eee44.IPv6 with address

Sorry if I missed this in the thread....

Following the video "Netherland" should be a god choice but in the debug I see this:

2020-01-09 15:26:36,527 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint 'nl.privateinternetaccess.com' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow

SOLVED: Netherland sosent support port forwarding - so changed it to switzerland 

Edited by casperse

38 minutes ago, casperse said:

Ok reading through the FAQ and following the great video guide I keep getting the "Stop" - Like this killswitch works! :-)

I also forwarded all the ports requested by the docker, I enabled the debug log and see something about port 3?

I did add my new username and password from PIA and I downloaded the OpenVPN files and placed them in the Appdata (and user rights are ok)

Sorry if I missed this in the thread....

sadly that snipet from a log (not sure which) doesnt really help, can you please do the following:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

1 minute ago, casperse said:

I have enabled VPN and Privoxy as a proxy does this work outside the Deluge "UI"?

privoxy is a separate application running in the same container as deluge, it has the same protection as deluge via iptables, including blocked access for name resolution over the LAN (aka dns leakage) so that is fully protected too.

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

privoxy is a separate application running in the same container as deluge, it has the same protection as deluge via iptables, including blocked access for name resolution over the LAN (aka dns leakage) so that is fully protected too.

That is great! - Is it possible to add several openvpn configuration countries to the folder? would it then jump to another one when restarted or updated?