binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6111 posts in this topic Last Reply

Are you using one of their servers with port forwarding? I would try a different server. I also think that if you have multiple ovpn files, it will only use the first one alphabetically? Could be wrong, but I think I read that some where. So you may have it set up in a way you think is right, but is actually wrong. 
This is correct, it picks up the first ovpn file in the folder alphabetically

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 1/16/2020 at 8:25 AM, wgstarks said:

This one should work. I haven’t personally tested it though.

https://github.com/springjools/deluge-autoremoveplus

Maybe you could post your results after you try it.

For the life of me, I can not get this thing to work. I have it loaded, and can access settings. But no matter what settings I use, it will not remove anything. I'm sure there is just something stupid in the settings I am overlooking, but I don't know what it is. I have tried tweaking both general settings and creating specific rules for labels. Kind of at a dead end for the moment. 

36 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

For the life of me, I can not get this thing to work. I have it loaded, and can access settings. But no matter what settings I use, it will not remove anything. I'm sure there is just something stupid in the settings I am overlooking, but I don't know what it is. I have tried tweaking both general settings and creating specific rules for labels. Kind of at a dead end for the moment. 

Probably need to check the Deluge logs and seek assistance on the github site. I know several other people have reported issues there as well. There have been quite a few recent updates to Deluge. May have broken something.

1 minute ago, Arndroid said:

Is there some way to downgrade this docker container?

Read the first couple of posts of this very thread.

Thanks!

Docker Hub didn't load for me when I asked the question.
Good to know there are instructions like that, and that Docker Hub loaded for me now.

Deluge v2 is fine fwiw, even with a thin client here... I just needed the stable branch of it. :)

I installed the latest Docker image on an Asustor NAS via Portainer. Logs indicate I’m getting a VPN connection but the script is dying trying to use “set-mark” directives in Iptables:

2020-01-29 12:04:34,168 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

iptables v1.8.3 (legacy):

2020-01-29 12:04:34,168 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

unknown option "--set-mark"

The host is running a 4.14.x kernel but it doesn’t include the iptables modules required to use “set-mark”. Are there any workarounds here? I only need to access the web UI on the host LAN network.

Hello everyone,

First, thank you to Binhex and to the Unraid community for your amazing work.

I switched lately from haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn to binhex/arch-delugevpn. I quite enjoy Deluge but I can't get the remote connection to work.

I opened ports on router, configured remote access in daemon, set connection manager, but it doesn't work for me. Stucked with a timeout when I try remote access.

LAN WebUI does work despite everything.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks for any help. :)

supervisord.log

deluge-web.log

Edit: It's now fixed without touching anything. No clue what was happening.

Edited by Kinchouka

Have there been some breaking updates to the container in regards to connecting to the daemon?
I can't connect using either the deluge-console ("deluge-console -d localhost -p 58846 -U user -P password"), or the desktop client (2.0.4.dev23).

I've been able to successfully connect to the daemon up until about a week ago.

The only new error I've seen is the "ngettext" issue from python, but that seems unlikely to be the source of this problem.

6 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Have there been some breaking updates to the container in regards to connecting to the daemon?
I can't connect using either the deluge-console ("deluge-console -d localhost -p 58846 -U user -P password"), or the desktop client (2.0.4.dev23).

I've been able to successfully connect to the daemon up until about a week ago.

The only new error I've seen is the "ngettext" issue from python, but that seems unlikely to be the source of this problem.

Working fine here on 3 different boxes. Try setting your VPN_ENABLED to no and see if it allows you to connect. If so, you need to investigate your VPN files and credentials.

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Working fine here on 3 different boxes. Try setting your VPN_ENABLED to no and see if it allows you to connect. If so, you need to investigate your VPN files and credentials.

I just tried it and yes it works with vpn off. I just switched to NordVPN and set it to custom. Im on a hetzner box. So i figure it might have something to do with the LAN Network or Firewall setting i need to add maybe? Im not sure what to put in Lan Network and if it is a Firewall, i dont know what rule i would need to add. I know the VPN works as i can get to the webui the docker ip.

Also on a side note, is it normal that the logs show this in repetition?

2020-02-03 06:27:41,234 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] iptables chain policies are in place
2020-02-03 06:27:41,247 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN IP is 10.7.0.2
[debug] Deluge IP is 10.7.0.2

Edited by saitoh183

9 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Setting VPN_ENABLED=no makes no difference. And how does VPN even affect the ability to connect to the deluge daemon?

I just renamed my core.conf to core.conf.old and restarted deluge so it recreated the file, and now I can connect again. I recall this happening before, somehow the core.conf file get corrupted and I can't connect to the daemon.

Edited by 7thSon

Hi guys, 

I've setup delugevpn on my my unraid server. Only that doesn't work is to download things to my temp share and afterwards moving finished downloads to my downloads share I want to use with different apps. 

All stuff I download ends up on the appdata share. When I change download locations inside the webgui I either get an error message on the right lower corner or it points again to the appdata folder. 

Any idea what am I missing here? 

18 hours ago, 7thSon said:

Setting VPN_ENABLED=no makes no difference. And how does VPN even affect the ability to connect to the deluge daemon?

I just renamed my core.conf to core.conf.old and restarted deluge so it recreated the file, and now I can connect again. I recall this happening before, somehow the core.conf file get corrupted and I can't connect to the daemon.

I've got the same problem. Two separate binhex-delugevpn containers were working absolutely perfectly until this past Friday evening. Suddenly, neither were reachable via webUI and I began to incur hit-and-runs on the tracker. I've tried re-creating them from scratch, even using empty /config. I've also tried them on another host. I've used new openvpn files. I've even tried airvpn instead of pia. I can get vpn-less Deluge containers running no problem. But it seems no matter what I do I cannot get binhex-delugevpn to work. Same goes for binhex-qbittorrentvpn and binhex-rtorrentvpn. The containers start but then …nothing. And the logs don't have a smoking gun.

Unfortunately renaming core.conf has no effect either way. :(

On 2/3/2020 at 7:23 AM, 7thSon said:

i see you fixed your issue, fyi setting vpn_enabled to yes affects it by deploying iptables to strictly block incoming/outgoing traffic, thus preventing ip leakage at all times, if you set it to no then there are no iptables in place anymore, thats why a lot of people tend to have no issues when its set to no (issue is normally misconfiguration).

2 hours ago, binhex said:

no you havent, if you had the same problem then deleting and restarting the container to force a recreate of all files/folders in /config would of fixed it. please do the following procedure:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Very good point. Same symptom is not the same problem. I've attached supervisord here. Thank you for assistance.

supervisord_2020-02-04_07-42.txt

3 hours ago, whatabout said:

Very good point. Same symptom is not the same problem. I've attached supervisord here. Thank you for assistance.

supervisord_2020-02-04_07-42.txt 38.28 kB · 0 downloads

i think i will turn this particular issue into a faq as its been asked a LOT, this will be included in the faq, but for now here it is:-

done, see Q16 from the following link:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Edited by binhex

10 hours ago, binhex said:

Thank you so much, binhex. :) It was due to a GeoIP restriction on the firewall blocking the country of this specific server. I added that country to the allow list and everything is once again operational. Not sure why it had worked previously, as I hadn't recently changed any of these settings. Perhaps the GeoIP feature only recently identified the server's location. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone else around here using the NewsHosting VPN with DelugeVPN? They are making a switch to a new VPN provider (Privado) and I can't seem to get things to connect. Anyone have any advise?

Is there any extractor plugin that works with this deluge version that can extract to the same folder?

The default plugin makes you extract to a specific folder.. pretty trash.

I am having issues getting this docker working. I followed Spaceinvaders' tutorials and am using PIA.  I have selected the CA Toronto (as well as other port forwarding) server and enabled port forwarding via the PIA Windows 10 app. I'm getting the "This site can’t be reached" error page only when the VPN is turned on via the unraid docker settings.

Attached is the log file as the docker starts and throws errors.

Any help appreciated.

vpnlog.txt

I am having issues getting this docker working. I followed Spaceinvaders' tutorials and am using PIA.  I have selected the CA Toronto (as well as other port forwarding) server and enabled port forwarding via the PIA Windows 10 app. I'm getting the "This site can’t be reached" error page only when the VPN is turned on via the unraid docker settings.

Attached is the log file as the docker starts and throws errors.

Any help appreciated.
vpnlog.txt
Looks to me like you have disabled privileged permission on the container, this is required.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

Looks to me like you have disabled privileged permission on the container, this is required.

BINGO! Probably an easy fix for most people but I'm new to all this. Thanks mate!