[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

So set to No I can't connect, set to yes I can everytime.

Netstat from the container console shows the IP Address from my mobile provider connected to 8118.

The 404 error pages returned are from Privoxy.

Happy to share the IP Address with you via PM if you want to try connecting yourself?

Can someone ELI5 what the impact of turning off strict port forwarding will have? I don’t use the Privoxy function currently, and only set up so I can obfuscate my location while D/L using the deluge client. 

would using the client without strict port forwarding enabled leave me exposed?

On 1/21/2016 at 12:06 PM, binhex said:

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-delugevpn in the binhex repo.

Application: Deluge - http://deluge-torrent.org/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Feature Request:

Like many others I use port forwarding.  Periodically the Canadian locations will fail for several days and I have to go in an manually reconfigure for a new location.

Can you instead adjust the docker to accept a list of locations and in a failure event just try the next location on the list in a round robbin fashion?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, sigfreund said:

When Kape Technologies purchased PIA many warned that it was time to find a new VPN provider but I didn't heed the warning but now is the time to look elsewhere and when my contract is up move else where.  This is just the tip of the iceburg from what we can expect out of Kape Technologies. 

Can you please expand on your statements?  Putting a post like this with general statements and opinion does not help anyone in these forums.

Edited by Burizado
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, sigfreund said:

When Kape Technologies purchased PIA many warned that it was time to find a new VPN provider but I didn't heed the warning but now is the time to look elsewhere and when my contract is up move else where.  This is just the tip of the iceburg from what we can expect out of Kape Technologies. 

lol - I'll send you a tinfoil hat too

Edit: writing this a little more clearly

I want to change my PIA vpn server. I have replaced my ovpn file with a vancouver one, but the change wont take affect.

I am still getting these lines in my log:

2020-09-11 22:44:24.038956 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/.ovpn
2020-09-11 22:44:24.086882 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com 1198'

I have put the files in the path: tower/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/config/openvpn/

also have the same files in the path: tower/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn/ to rule anything out

Edited by PipWinsAgain
1 hour ago, PipWinsAgain said:

Edit: writing this a little more clearly

I want to change my PIA vpn server. I have replaced my ovpn file with a vancouver one, but the change wont take affect.

I am still getting these lines in my log:

2020-09-11 22:44:24.038956 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/.ovpn
2020-09-11 22:44:24.086882 [info] VPN remote line defined as 'remote de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com 1198'

I have put the files in the path: tower/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/config/openvpn/

also have the same files in the path: tower/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn/ to rule anything out

Did you delete credentials.conf and re-start the container?

53 minutes ago, Merijeek said:

So...the impression that I'm getting is that, if using port forwarding, PIA is hosed indefinitely. 

But I'm not using any port forwarding, and I seem to be in a failed connection loop in my binhex-delugevpn log. 

Am I misreading things, or do I have a different problem from everyone else?

Are you positive that you have

Container Variable: STRICT_PORT_FORWARD = no

3 minutes ago, NeoSys said:

Did you delete credentials.conf and re-start the container?

Just did it. No luck. I can delete all of the files in either openvpn folder and it will still try to connect to frankfurt. I am quite puzzled. Im 100% sure it is the correct deluge directory as I am editing config files and can see the changes.