[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I am still having issues and am still trying to discover if I am having the same issue as everyone else or something different. Logically I would assume it is the same issue as everyone else but looking at my log file (which I posted a page or two back) I believe I'm connecting to PIA.

Can someone tell me what error message I could search the log for that would establish that I am having the same issue as everyone else?

30 minutes ago, Naldinho said:

I am still having issues and am still trying to discover if I am having the same issue as everyone else or something different. Logically I would assume it is the same issue as everyone else but looking at my log file (which I posted a page or two back) I believe I'm connecting to PIA.

Can someone tell me what error message I could search the log for that would establish that I am having the same issue as everyone else?

Have you tried the directions spelled out on line 184 of the log you posted?

On 9/11/2020 at 7:55 AM, ibmsynchronous said:

Thanks for recommending Mullvad.  I'm having some issues getting the port forwarding setup with them.  I got a port from my Mullvad account and I edited the rtorrent.rc to have that port but it's still closed on rutorrent.  Do i need to add that port somewhere in the docker settings?  I'm coming from PIA so i'm a little lost.

I had the same question as I switched from PIA to Mullvad. I think I have port forwarding setup correctly as I am seeing a big improvement in speeds after I did the following:

1. Got a port assigned from Mullvad (My Account > Manage ports and WireGuard keys > OpenVPN Forwarded Ports)

2. Stop and modify DelugeVPN docker container. Everything stayed the same from my PIA configuration, except:

VPN_user: [Mullvad account #]

VPN_pass: m

VPN_PROV: custom

STRICT_PORT_FORWARD: no (only required for PIA)

3. Download ovpn file and crt file from Mullvad.  Placed these in the delugeVPN\openvpn appdata folder. Renamed the ovpn file to openvpn.ovpn and make sure it points correctly to the mullvad crt file.

4. Start container. Check docker container log to make sure VPN connection is established correctly. Once webgui is up and running go to Preference > Network. In Incoming Port, untick Use Random Port (if it was ticked) and in the box put the Mullvad assigned forwarded port. Hit Apply and Ok.

5. Restart docker, just in case/for fun.

6. Go to https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/. Enter your VPN server's public IP address (can get it from the container log) and the Mullvad assigned port, the port should come back as open. You can also test by downloading a popular torrent (ubuntu image for example) and seeing what speeds you get. I was getting 30 MB/s after doing all this so I was confident it was working correctly.

Edited by SRB
clarifcations from binhex
1 hour ago, SRB said:

STRICT_PORT_FORWARD: yes (this was yes before for PIA, I suspect its important for port forwarding regardless so I left it as is)

only relevant to PIA, does nothing for all other providers.

1 hour ago, SRB said:

ADDITIONAL_PORTS: [Mullvad provided forwarded port] (This was a shot in the dark, I couldn't find documentation here or on Github regarding what this variable does, but I set it anyways

this is to allow you to define additional ports for things like web ui's when using the same network to route additional containers, it has nothing to do with port forwarding.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

only relevant to PIA, does nothing for all other providers.

this is to allow you to define additional ports for things like web ui's when using the same network to route additional containers, it has nothing to do with port forwarding.

Excellent, thanks for the clarification

On 9/17/2020 at 1:06 PM, SRB said:

I had the same question as I switched from PIA to Mullvad. I think I have port forwarding setup correctly as I am seeing a big improvement in speeds after I did the following:

1. Got a port assigned from Mullvad (My Account > Manage ports and WireGuard keys > OpenVPN Forwarded Ports)

2. Stop and modify DelugeVPN docker container. Everything stayed the same from my PIA configuration, except:

VPN_user: [Mullvad account #]

VPN_pass: m

VPN_PROV: custom

STRICT_PORT_FORWARD: no (only required for PIA)

3. Download ovpn file and crt file from Mullvad.  Placed these in the delugeVPN\openvpn appdata folder. Renamed the ovpn file to openvpn.ovpn and make sure it points correctly to the mullvad crt file.

4. Start container. Check docker container log to make sure VPN connection is established correctly. Once webgui is up and running go to Preference > Network. In Incoming Port, untick Use Random Port (if it was ticked) and in the box put the Mullvad assigned forwarded port. Hit Apply and Ok.

5. Restart docker, just in case/for fun.

6. Go to https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/. Enter your VPN server's public IP address (can get it from the container log) and the Mullvad assigned port, the port should come back as open. You can also test by downloading a popular torrent (ubuntu image for example) and seeing what speeds you get. I was getting 30 MB/s after doing all this so I was confident it was working correctly.

Hi i need a liitle help please have copied the files (update-resolv-conf) (mullvad_ca.crt) (mullvad_fr_par.conf) and (mullvad_userpass.txt) into the delugeVPN\openvpn folder but i get this,

No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting... 

I keep trying to rename the openvpn folder to openvpn.ovpn but it just say the above. But i guess its not the folder that i have to rename but I'm at a loss of what i have to do now. Any help please 

Edited by Dazza1
Extra info
47 minutes ago, Dazza1 said:

I keep trying to rename the openvpn folder to openvpn.ovpn but it just say the above

You want the OpenVPN file that you downloaded from mullvad to have an ovpn extension, something like example.ovpn. Folders do not have extensions and you don’t need to try and rename the OpenVPN folder.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, wgstarks said:

You want the OpenVPN file that you downloaded from mullvad to have an ovpn extension, something like example.ovpn. Folders do not have extensions and you don’t need to try and rename the OpenVPN folder.

Hi I struggled like mad to find those files on there site it’s not the best I have no idea where they have that one is hiding :( Yep think I have to open my eye it’s been a long night ;) but where do you install it in root terminal of unraid as you can’t bash into any of the containers as they are can’t spin up. AND BREATH I've sorted it thanks found this! reverse proxy doesn't seem to work with Sonnar so i can route it through the container anymore need to figure out how to get that working again and if i can find a bitcoin wallet that doesn't charge a fee to spend and that i can put say a £5 a month (Anyone Offer Help on the bitcoin front?) info below has downloads working thanks to the person that made this template.

Mullvad VPN for Unraid

0) Go to https://mullvad.net/en/download/#linux <-- Latest Link when I made this guide or just go to your mullvad account page

1) Download your mullvad VPN files by clicking "GenerateOpenVPN configuration files"  . Make sure to keep "Use IP addresses" and "Connect via our bridges" left unchecked

2) Unzip the downloaded file.

3) Move all four files (you should have four) to appdata/deluge/openvpn

3a) change the file extension of mullvad_<whatever region you selected>.conf to mullvad_<whatever region you selected>.ovpn

3b) Open mullvad_<whatever region you selected>.ovpn with a text editor and add the following lines to the bottom:

pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"

3c) save the file.

4) In your deluge container, edit the following settings:

4a) Key 1 (VPN_ENABLED) should be set to "yes"

4b) Key 2 (VPN_USER) should be your Mullvad account number; a 16 digit number you received when you set up your Mullvad account which also can be found in mullvad_userpass.txt.

4b+)Do not include the "m" as shown in the .txt file, just the 16 digit account number.

4c) Key 3 (VPN_PASS) same account number as Key 2, no "m".

4d) Key 4 (VPN_PROV) set to "custom"

4e) Key 6 (STRICT_PORT_FORWARD) set to "yes"

4f) Key 8 (LAN_NETWORK) put the first 3 numbers of your routers IP (most likely 192.168.1) followed by .0/24 (example "192.168.1.0/24")

5) Apply and restart deluge

For faster Downloads, Mullvad supports port forwarding. This can be done by:

6) Go to the mullvad.net homepage, and under your account, you'll see "Manage Ports and Wireguard keys"

6a) It was this link when I created the guide: https://mullvad.net/en/account/ports/

7) Click "add port" and then copy the port that it spits out.

8) Go to the deluge UI and under preferences / network, change "Incoming Port" to:

8a) Uncheck "Use Random Port" and put in the port you copied.

9) You're done

Edited by Dazza1
Extra info
  • Like 1

Been using this image for over a year but today I realized that DelugeVPN wasn't downloading anything. So I updated the docker image as well as followed the instructions above (using Mullvad as well). Everything starts up fine but Deluge still isn't downloading and has no IP assigned at the bottom right of the webUI. Privoxy proxies are not working either.

Im sure this isn't a vpn server problem because I can still connect to it on other devices just not on my NAS.

1 hour ago, ixirim said:

Been using this image for over a year but today I realized that DelugeVPN wasn't downloading anything. So I updated the docker image as well as followed the instructions above (using Mullvad as well). Everything starts up fine but Deluge still isn't downloading and has no IP assigned at the bottom right of the webUI. Privoxy proxies are not working either.

Im sure this isn't a vpn server problem because I can still connect to it on other devices just not on my NAS.

look at this vid this guy can help you out more than i can as this is who i normally use 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:07 PM, MrDimsum99 said:

As fellow ProtonVPN user, thank you for these instructions. It put me in the right direction to get it working.

However, I found out that I could simply use the config file generated from my ProtonVPN account. After I downloaded the config, I simply renamed it to "openvpn.ovpn", then placed this file in the "./appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn" folder. Then started the container with the right credentials and left most of my parameters default.

It works!

I found your post and followed what you did and it worked flawlessly. I downloaded the protonvpn windows file and placed it in the openvpn flolder (as it was already a .ovpn file and it accepted it. Didn't need to rename it.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, Addy said:

yeah spain working but shitty...

this is why I moved everything to usenet T.T

On 9/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, wgstarks said:

CA Toronto (and most other servers) isn’t currently working with strict port forwarding enabled. You can either disable port forwarding in the container settings (which may result in slower downloads) or switch to a working server. Spain is working for me right now but I had to restart the container a few times before it connected.

I couldn't get any 'port forwarding' server working here in AU with latest PIA openvpn-nextgen files.

I went with wgstarks suggestion for now until fixed.

I couldn't get any 'port forwarding' server working here in AU with latest PIA openvpn-nextgen files.

I went with wgstarks suggestion for now until fixed.

Port forwarding does not work with any nextgen servers. PIA does not support it (yet?)
You have to use one of the supported “current gen” servers and from there it’s hit-and-miss whether you get a port or not. Changing the server endpoints and/or restarting the container normally gets it going after a while.
FWIW I just connected (also from AU) to DE Berlin with a working port forward and good speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Port forwarding does not work with any nextgen servers. PIA does not support it (yet?)
You have to use one of the supported “current gen” servers and from there it’s hit-and-miss whether you get a port or not. Changing the server endpoints and/or restarting the container normally gets it going after a while.
FWIW I just connected (also from AU) to DE Berlin with a working port forward and good speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANKS!!

I couldn't get anywhere with PIA Third Generation ... Thought I needed to update to NextGen.

DE Berlin is working a treat.  Decent speeds too, around 10mb/s 🙂  I hadn't tried DE Berlin server before searching on here & posting, previously it was terrible for me.  I was getting best speeds from Canada.

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

Morning all,

I've not used Deluge for quite a wile but I've come to it this morning and I can't get the web UI to even load!?!?

I've had this issue before but it has usually just sorted itself out after a minute or so and the UI loads but today I've been trying for 20 minutes or so and nothing!

I've read some of the last couple of pages, specifically in relation to PIA having changed some settings (Sweden rings a bell for me but it's so long ago that I get it set up I can't remember how to check!) - but could this change be affecting whether I can get into the UI??