[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Is there a default user/password for the GTK client to connect to the deluge server? I deleted my previous connection on the client and now I’m not sure what to enter to get it to re-connect.

You have to set it in the auth file. Check the faq, it's in there somewhere.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, strike said:

use midnight commander if you're unfamiliar with the command line. just type mc and hit enter, navigate to the auth file and press F4 to edit it

I must be doing something wrong. When I hit F4 I get the popup window in the screenshot. Enter the text which is shown and hit Return. Restarted the container but these credentials aren't being used.

 

SafariScreenSnapz187.jpg.04435d9cb9c4645ffc3086d74bfdac80.jpg

Edited by wgstarks
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I must be doing something wrong. When I hit F4 I get the popup window in the screenshot. Enter the text which is shown and hit Return. Restarted the container but these credentials aren't being used.

 

SafariScreenSnapz187.jpg.04435d9cb9c4645ffc3086d74bfdac80.jpg

Then the edit button must be something else on your keyboard. There should be a menu at the top and the bottom. The bottom menu correspond to the F keys, at least on my keyboard. Since it obviously isn't the same on yours I won't even try to guess what key you should press to edit the file. 

 

But another thing you can do is to quit mc then when your back at the command line type nano auth, this will open up the auth file in the nano editor. It requires you to be in the config folder of delugevpn which you should be when you quit mc. If not you have to type nano "path to auth file"

 

To save in nano is ctrl+o and to exit is ctrl+x (on my keyboard at least)

Link to comment

Not sure what is going on with my Binhex Delugevpn. Docker was working flawlessly in :test connected to Montreal with next gen config. I was getting up to 10MB/s down speeds.

 

Unfortunately, I had to restart my Unraid server, and upon bootup and re-supplying the VPN files to reconnect, Delugevpn would establish a VPN connection, I would login to the GUI and input URL for download, however, nothing would happnen. Torrent would stay at 0.0% indefinitely.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Here is partial log screenshot of established connection:

image.thumb.png.1b19cba846429e47f7fe5d073b1359df.png

 

Progress stays halted:

image.png.8cc48f1632a9df55c9646cbb70962c48.png

 

Client connection:

image.png.36648fa3b17b1d4d21bd94bf359abbbe.png

 

- Thanks

Edited by UnBeastRaid
missing infos
Link to comment

Hi all,

 

I had my network card on my server go out about 2 weeks ago and just got it back up and running. It seems like everything is working well so far, except that the DelugeVPN container won't connect to the webGUI.

 

When I click on the docker container icon and click on webGUI, it opens a new tab and I get "this site can't be reached" with the message [local IP] refused to connect.

mediavault-diagnostics-20200928-1602.zip

I have changed none of my container settings since my old network card, and made sure to give the server the same static IP it had before. What would you recommend? diags posted in case you need them.

 

Edit: Disabled the VPN and it connected. VPN login credentials haven't changed. Reuploaded the current VPN files with no change. Deleted and reinstalled DelugeVPN docker container with no change.

 

Here are the deluge logs too.

deluge log1.txt

I saw this, not sure if it's helpful:

2020-09-28 17:51:24,746 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID/Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'

 

Edited by Arcaeus
Link to comment

Question:

 

I switched over to the ":test" repository and placed the new extracted zip files into the correct directory. I placed all the files that were zipped. My understanding was that this new test version will try to connect to servers in some sort of sequential order. In the setup for the docker I have 

 vpn remote variable as the swiss address...do I leave it this way or blank out this variable as new version goes through the list of servers?

 

Thanks for the help

Link to comment
On 9/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, binhex said:

most probably badly configured LAN_NETWORK, see here Q4 :- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Thanks. I suspect it is related to me changing my IP scheme just before PIA stopped working (unrelated), and there is something in a routing table where it is still trying to get to .0.20 instead of .10.20. I have not been able to find the culprit anywhere. Port mappings appear to all be correct.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Arcaeus said:

Hi all,

 

I had my network card on my server go out about 2 weeks ago and just got it back up and running. It seems like everything is working well so far, except that the DelugeVPN container won't connect to the webGUI.

 

When I click on the docker container icon and click on webGUI, it opens a new tab and I get "this site can't be reached" with the message [local IP] refused to connect.

mediavault-diagnostics-20200928-1602.zip 98.25 kB · 1 download

I have changed none of my container settings since my old network card, and made sure to give the server the same static IP it had before. What would you recommend? diags posted in case you need them.

 

Edit: Disabled the VPN and it connected. VPN login credentials haven't changed. Reuploaded the current VPN files with no change. Deleted and reinstalled DelugeVPN docker container with no change.

 

Here are the deluge logs too.

 

I saw this, not sure if it's helpful:


2020-09-28 17:51:24,746 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID/Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'

 

Do this: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=433617

And please change your password as you forgot to redact it from you logs. I will report your post and ask a mod to remove your log

 

 

Edited by strike
Link to comment
On 9/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, binhex said:

PIA Users - Fancy being a guinea pig for Next-Gen OpenVPN support?, if so read here:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=433617

 

Evening furry guinea pigs! :-), there will be a new test tagged image available in the next hour from now, this one includes a fix for the multiple retry issue due to login failure, so you should now get assigned a incoming port on first run for next-gen!, let me know how you get on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drpete said:

Question:

 

I switched over to the ":test" repository and placed the new extracted zip files into the correct directory. I placed all the files that were zipped. My understanding was that this new test version will try to connect to servers in some sort of sequential order. In the setup for the docker I have 

 vpn remote variable as the swiss address...do I leave it this way or blank out this variable as new version goes through the list of servers?

 

Thanks for the help

No the "test" tag is for port forwarding for PIA's next-gen servers. If you want multi endpoint support you'll have to do this: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=894942

 

And you can leave the vpn remote variable in the template as is or blank, it doesn't matter as it won't have any effect.

 

Edited by strike
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I thought I had, but after doing some further troubleshooting, I did see that I had not set that on all containers. I have it now working, however it is only working when every docker is in Bridge mode instead of custom IPs. A problem for another day :) At least I can report that DelugeVPN is working well, and the pointer to take a look at the LAN_Network settings definitely helped point me in the right direction. Thanks for the assist guys.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, binhex said:

Evening furry guinea pigs! :-), there will be a new test tagged image available in the next hour from now, this one includes a fix for the multiple retry issue due to login failure, so you should now get assigned a incoming port on first run for next-gen!, let me know how you get on.

Looking very good here. Successfully acquired a port within 21 seconds of starting the new container. As far as I can see it only took one try, no re-tries. But then again I don't have debug logs on so not sure if there-tries would show?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

Looking very good here. Successfully acquired a port within 21 seconds of starting the new container. As far as I can see it only took one try, no re-tries. But then again I don't have debug logs on so not sure if there-tries would show?

 

Same here...pulled down the new test update and acquired port right away on the first attempt. Everything is looking good so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.