[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

So I have tried everything and I still cant get my deluge vpn back up and running with the nextgen Pia OVPN. I also cant find the list of which allow port forwarding . Has anyone been successful? 

Lots of people are running successfully on the nextgen servers.
If you post your logs (remove username and password first) we should be able to help you get it working.
The logs also contain a list off all endpoints that support port forwarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ados

11 hours ago, ados said:

You must remain within the 1.X range for plugin support. Many are no longer updated and so are not compatible with 2.0X

Could this be the cause of my issue too? although I tried to install 1.x versions too?

On 11/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, spikey1973 said:

I am trying to install a YaRSS2 plugin, as your container is ofcourse running as docker container i have no thoughts on if there is pythn running and ifso which, but according to tutorials i need python to install plugins and one would also need to choose the plugin file accordlingly.
I do have python3.7 runnning on my nas outside the container, but don't know how to use this in this situation really.
Doesn anyone here have any experience with installing plugins on this deluge version or any thoughts on the matter?

ps: i read through the deluge FAQ, troubleshooting and plugin files but did not find a working solution, still could've missed something. 

in the plugins folder a zip-folder named: [object FileList]

with in this folder two other folders: EGG-INFO and yarss2..

from this it would seem that the installation worked.. never the less it doesn't work.

now i just also saw the following:
YaRSS2: An RSS plugin configurable through the GUI: Support webgui :No, deluge 2.x support: Yes

this confuses me.. as delugevpn is 2.0.4dev38 and i believe webui (also/only) so is this supported or not?

would really appeciate a though on this, can it work with delugevpn or wont it?

Edited by spikey1973
addition

Hello,

Racking my brain here and hoping for some help. Have been running this container for several years now using PIA, and since the nextgen switch, I haven't been able to get it working consistently. Have read back several pages and implemented everything in the faq (Q19 and 22). The part that has me puzzled is that I'll make a change (say reinstall the container fresh), and the webui will work fine. I come back to it a day later and it doesn't work anymore. This has happened a few times for different fixes. Last night it wasn't working, the logs looked like this:

2020-11-22 03:58:26,831 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:26 [toronto414] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]154.3.40.12:1198

2020-11-22 03:58:28,036 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

2020-11-22 03:58:28,037 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

2020-11-22 03:58:28,038 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-11-22 03:58:28,045 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 DEPRECATED OPTION: ncp-disable. Disabling cipher negotiation is a deprecated debug feature that will be removed in OpenVPN 2.6

2020-11-22 03:58:28,046 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-256-gcm' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-256-gcm' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-256-gcm' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-256-gcm' to silence this warning.
2020-11-22 03:58:28 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2020-11-22 03:58:28,046 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 OpenVPN 2.5.0 [git:makepkg/a73072d8f780e888+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Oct 27 2020
2020-11-22 03:58:28 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1h  22 Sep 2020, LZO 2.10

2020-11-22 03:58:28,047 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2020-11-22 03:58:28,047 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file -----BEGIN X509 CRL-----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-----END X509 CRL-----

2020-11-22 03:58:28,048 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 03:58:28 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]154.3.40.11:1198
2020-11-22 03:58:28 UDP link local: (not bound)
2020-11-22 03:58:28 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]154.3.40.11:1198

Then at 4AM exactly, it booted up and worked fine as shown in the attached log that shows this transition from before and after 4am.  (without me doing anything) I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps, my ovpn file looks like this (I added the lines in from Q22 of the faq):

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote ca-toronto.privacy.network 1198
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
cipher aes-256-gcm
ncp-disable
auth sha1
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server

auth-user-pass credentials.conf
compress
verb 1

supervisord.log

On 3/10/2016 at 3:42 PM, binhex said:

What provider are you using? If it's not pia then you will have to manually set the incoming port otherwise speeds will be bad.

Sorry, I know this is a very old thread. I'm using NordVPN with the binhex-deluge client but I am only getting speeds of around 800KiBs (I did once have around 10 MiB).

(Following spaceinvaderone's tutorial for deluge on YouTube)

I have set VPN_PROV to custom

I have set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to yes

How do I manually configure the port to work with NordVPN?

And if I enable port forwarding (when NORD does not support and port forwarding) will it slow my connections?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, corfoto4 said:

So would it be more beneficial to me to turn it off?

Will that increase speeds or is that more a quality of life setting where it slightly improves deluge's processing performance?

I don't think it makes a difference. @binhex would know for sure.

Working port forwarding is required for proper torrent protocol support.

9 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Working port forwarding is required for proper torrent protocol support.

Yes, I was quite frustrated when I found out that Nord does not support it. But I don't understand why my speeds have dramatically dropped, considering that a few days ago I was receiving about 20Mbps downloads. Now I only receive about 7Mbps.

I also tested this with speedtest-cli in deluge's docker console. Is it possible that Nord is slowing the connection on purpose?

Or maybe I haven't set deluge's connection preferences properly? As Spaceinvaderone never went through this on the tutorial.

I'm connected to a P2P server in Australia (the fastest recommended by Nord's website) https://nordvpn.com/servers/tools/

Finger's crossed Binhex will know what to do.

Thank you for your help

Edited by corfoto4
Corrections
27 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I cant upload or very low speed (0-1kb):

Hey, from what I can see, you have setup deluge correctly. The reason why your uploads are slow is most likely due to low demand.

When you seed your torrents, it is uploading data to other users to use (so they can download the same torrent). So you may only be sending data to 1 person who is also downloading the torrent.

Have a search on how torrenting works: https://www.howtogeek.com/141257/htg-explains-how-does-bittorrent-work/#:~:text=torrent file into a BitTorrent client.&text=Once connected%2C a BitTorrent client,BitTorrent clients in the swarm.

If you want to test your actual upload speeds, see spaceinvaderone's video here:

If you are seeding to many peers, check through your settings/preferences to see if you have any limits on the upload speeds. Also check the bottom right footer on the main deluge screen (that shows the total download and upload speeds).

• Like 1
7 hours ago, corfoto4 said:

So would it be more beneficial to me to turn it off?

Will that increase speeds or is that more a quality of life setting where it slightly improves deluge's processing performance?

it will make no difference whatsoever, if your vpn provider doesnt support port forwarding then thats the end of it, its technically impossible, switch to a vpn provider who does would be my advise.

15 hours ago, redpathx said:

Hello,

Racking my brain here and hoping for some help. Have been running this container for several years now using PIA, and since the nextgen switch, I haven't been able to get it working consistently. Have read back several pages and implemented everything in the faq (Q19 and 22). The part that has me puzzled is that I'll make a change (say reinstall the container fresh), and the webui will work fine. I come back to it a day later and it doesn't work anymore. This has happened a few times for different fixes. Last night it wasn't working, the logs looked like this:

Then at 4AM exactly, it booted up and worked fine as shown in the attached log that shows this transition from before and after 4am.  (without me doing anything) I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps, my ovpn file looks like this (I added the lines in from Q22 of the faq):

supervisord.log 65.05 kB · 1 download

it looks like for whatever reason you are getting intermittent authentication failures, taken from your log:-

2020-11-22 04:00:00,833 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-22 04:00:00 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

i would advise following Q16 here:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Hi, I'm using the binhex/arch-delugevpn:test container for some time and everything worked fine. About a week ago the downloads suddenly stopped working. I can log into the webinterface and I can add torrents, but the download never starts and Deluge doesn't seem to find any seeds or peers. I tried to download Ubunutu to make sure I'm using a torrent which is definitely seeded, but it doesn't work.

I tried switching the PIA server to a different one, but nothing changed.

I've attached my log to this post and replaced my PIA user name with ***PIA_USER_NAME*** and my PIA password with ***PIA_PASSWORD***

supervisord.log

Edited by themoose
holy shit thanks wgstarks. I changed it, but forgot so save the file.

@corfoto4: thanks for pointing out this tutorial, very informative.. specifically finding out the python version.

@all: sive clearly the python version is up and running and up to date so the latest version of YaRSS2 sould be perfect..

never the less..

and as pointed out above: i found the following on https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins.
YaRSS2: An RSS plugin configurable through the GUI: Support webgui :No, deluge 2.x support: Yes

does this mean i can't get YaRSS2 to work with this version?

any thoughts are much appreciated, as if it can't work i can give up this quest.

8 hours ago, themoose said:

Hi, I'm using the binhex/arch-delugevpn:test container for some time and everything worked fine. About a week ago the downloads suddenly stopped working. I can log into the webinterface and I can add torrents, but the download never starts and Deluge doesn't seem to find any seeds or peers. I tried to download Ubunutu to make sure I'm using a torrent which is definitely seeded, but it doesn't work.

I tried switching the PIA server to a different one, but nothing changed.

I've attached my log to this post and replaced my PIA user name with ***PIA_USER_NAME*** and my PIA password with ***PIA_PASSWORD***

supervisord.log 71.19 kB · 1 download

Switched PIA Servers again and it works now. Austria, Switzerland, Germany Berlin and Netherlands didn't work. France works

53 minutes ago, themoose said:

Hi, I'm using the binhex/arch-delugevpn:test container for some time

Glad it's working for you again, but you probably shouldn't be using the :test tag anymore. It was only temporary for testing new functionality when it was first introduced.

Just removing ":test" from the repository field and saving the changes should get you back on the latest normal release of the container.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, corfoto4 said:

Thank you. I wish Nord would support port forwarding but that's just life.

I found the reason why my speeds dropped to much. The server I had connected to on Nord must have had a large amount of traffic. Right now I am receiving speeds of around 30MiB (maximum speed of my internet connection).

Thank you to everyone who helped me!

8 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Just removing ":test" from the repository field and saving the changes should get you back on the latest normal release of the container.

I tried that and it got me back to a version with oldgen that didn't work. But maybe I just had an older image in my docker cache and he used that one without looking for a newer version. I'll try it again today

Edit: Yep, was exactly that. Changed back to the normal image and had to update manually to the newest version. It seems to be working now. Ubunutu image downloads without problems, my other torrents didn't start yet, but that doesn't need to be unusual

Edited by themoose
6 hours ago, sam10155 said:

Hi,

I've been having issues with my delugeVPN docker. I use PIA as my VPN and since last week the webUI has not been working when the VPN is on. I have included my log. 

supervisord.log 2.6 MB · 2 downloads

did you do what it tells you to do in the log?:-

2020-11-23 13:55:56.328965 [crit] VPN configuration file '/config/openvpn/current-ca-aes-128-cbc-udp-dns.ovpn' 'remote' line is referencing PIA legacy network which is now shutdown, see Q19. from the following link on how to switch to PIA 'next-gen':- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md exiting script...

Hi all, last night my docker of delugevpn was working and this morning i try to log in and it didint work so i unstal it and instal it again but now this is what i get... it's not working anymore and i realy need help cause i dont know why it's not working anymore.

i have a 404 error on start up and when instaling it does give me this error.... see below.

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-delugevpn' --net='eth1' --ip='192.168.9.2' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_8112'='8112' -e 'TCP_PORT_58846'='58846' -e 'TCP_PORT_58946'='58946' -e 'UDP_PORT_58946'='58946' -e 'TCP_PORT_8118'='8118' -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='xxxxxxxx' -e 'VPN_PASS'='xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='wireguard' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.9.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/data':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-delugevpn'

59f1aeac46f5dc376d6e6dedb3425acb5d81a9f0a776fd5f5783481aefe24dd6
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Address already in use.

The command failed.

help please someone.... :(

Andre

Edited by jonathanm
Remove user and password