[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Seraph91P said:

or Line 4 error.

if by this you mean the following error then that can be ignored, its caused by PIA being dumb and shoving non json content into the respaonse from their api which jq then trips over:-

2020-12-06 20:52:43,603 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

 

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, binhex said:

as i suspected the issue is badly configured LAN_NETWORK, taken from your log:-

 


2020-12-07 20:39:45.117865 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.1.1.1/24'

see Q4 here on how to correctly configure it:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

  Cheers!, I have the correct setting in my live container using qbit instead... Overlooked it, removes the warning but the same final errors occur. i.e. Failed Auth / numeric literal at line 4

Link to comment
1 minute ago, bwobba said:

Failed Auth / numeric literal at line 4

those are two separate issues, AUTH_FAILED is an ongoing issue that looks to be related to PIA and new accounts (no fix yet), numeric literal as shown in my post above is a non issue caused by PIA's API containing non json data (it can be ignored).

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, binhex said:

those are two separate issues, AUTH_FAILED is an ongoing issue that looks to be related to PIA and new accounts (no fix yet), numeric literal as shown in my post above is a non issue caused by PIA's API containing non json data (it can be ignored).

Yes correct two issues as im testing both wireguard and openvpn both are not working.

OpenVPN as you mention look to be PIA with new accounts (me yaya!).

Wireguard gives me the numeric literal at line 4 (supervisord-wireguard log attached earlier). Then fails to generate the token required for auth. Which then loops continuously. 

 

Lucky for me i can use my current VPN w/o PF but sucks as it seems to be PIA.

 

I've never had an issue with your great containers! Thanks for all the hard work.

 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, binhex said:

if by this you mean the following error then that can be ignored, its caused by PIA being dumb and shoving non json content into the respaonse from their api which jq then trips over:-


2020-12-06 20:52:43,603 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

 

Yes refers to this:

 

2020-12-07 17:02:00,691 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://212.102.35.1/authv3/generateToken'
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-12-07 17:02:10,724 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0

2020-12-07 17:02:10,982 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://212.102.35.1/authv3/generateToken'
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

 

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, Seraph91P said:

Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL

this is caused by PIA authentication issues (ongoing issue, most probably PIA), the Invalid numeric literal at line 4, column 0 is a non fatal error, again caused by PIA malformed json.

Link to comment
23 hours ago, binhex said:

hmm ok guys i see a lot of chat about AUTH_FAILED, please can you detail which endpoints you are attempting connection to, i want to verify with a completely clean container that there are no issues on my side, i do believe at present this is all PIA, as this reddit post seems to indicate, new accounts are balked on authentication for PIA:-

https://www.reddit.com/r/PrivateInternetAccess/comments/k60kon/openvpn_auth_failed_issues/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=50ba78c8d6d4483ebc726ab1240d3fb9&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=k60kon

 

just to be 100% clear here, i am using a wireguard connection to PIA and its stable for me, uptime on the container is currently 7 days and its still has a working PF and dl/ul are fine.

 

edit - interestingly, a completely different docker image developer has the same AUTH_FAILED issue reported by a end user for PIA, that points the finger of blame quite firmly at PIA:- 

https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/issues/1590

FYI it doesn't work even with just openvpn CLI, so it's definitely not on your end. This is a PIA issue that PIA is asserting is user credentials errors.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Liam_Galt said:

FYI it doesn't work even with just openvpn CLI, so it's definitely not on your end. This is a PIA issue that PIA is asserting is user credentials errors.

I can confirm your findings. I tested OpenVPN with a clean version of ubuntu-20.04.1-live-server and tried many of the suggestions I found here and on reddit but the result is always the same. AUTH_FAILED

FYI. I purchased PIA Dec. 02, 2020. I really hope they fix this soon.

sudo openvpn us_east.ovpn
Mon Dec  7 14:19:55 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.7 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep  5 2019
Mon Dec  7 14:19:55 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1f  31 Mar 2020, LZO 2.10
Enter Auth Username: pXXXXXXX
Enter Auth Password: ****************
Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]143.244.47.101:1198
Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]143.244.47.101:1198
Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 [newjersey406] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]143.244.47.101:1198
Mon Dec  7 14:20:17 2020 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Mon Dec  7 14:20:17 2020 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

 

Edited by Pacman56
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Pacman56 said:
I can confirm your findings. I tested OpenVPN with a clean version of ubuntu-20.04.1-live-server and tried many of the suggestions I found here and on reddit but the result is always the same. AUTH_FAILED
FYI. I purchased PIA Dec. 02, 2020. I really hope they fix this soon.

sudo openvpn us_east.ovpnMon Dec  7 14:19:55 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.7 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep  5 2019Mon Dec  7 14:19:55 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1f  31 Mar 2020, LZO 2.10Enter Auth Username: pXXXXXXXEnter Auth Password: ****************Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]143.244.47.101:1198Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]143.244.47.101:1198Mon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent thisMon Dec  7 14:20:16 2020 [newjersey406] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]143.244.47.101:1198Mon Dec  7 14:20:17 2020 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILEDMon Dec  7 14:20:17 2020 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting
 

 

Thanks for the testing guys, I appreciate it, good to know it isn't my code . According to a user post in my sonarr support thread, the authentication issue is now resolved, please give it a whirl

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Edited by binhex
Link to comment
5 hours ago, binhex said:

Thanks for the testing guys, I appreciate it, good to know it isn't my code emoji16.png. According to a user post in my sonarr support thread, the authentication issue is now resolved, please give it a whirl

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
 

Thank you binhex for the update.

 

I just re-tested my ubuntu-20.04.1-live-server installation and it does appear to be fixed. 🥳 No more AUTH_FAILED messages.

sudo openvpn us_east.ovpn
Tue Dec  8 10:51:57 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.7 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep  5 2019
Tue Dec  8 10:51:57 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1f  31 Mar 2020, LZO 2.10
Enter Auth Username: pXXXXXXX
Enter Auth Password: ****************
Tue Dec  8 10:52:09 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]143.244.45.191:1198
Tue Dec  8 10:52:09 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Tue Dec  8 10:52:09 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]143.244.45.191:1198
Tue Dec  8 10:52:09 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Tue Dec  8 10:52:09 2020 [newjersey413] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]143.244.45.191:1198
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 OpenVPN ROUTE6: OpenVPN needs a gateway parameter for a --route-ipv6 option and no default was specified by either --route-ipv6-gateway or --ifconfig-ipv6 options
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 OpenVPN ROUTE: failed to parse/resolve route for host/network: 2000::/3
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 /sbin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 /sbin/ip addr add dev tun0 10.2.112.215/24 broadcast 10.2.112.255
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route over tun0. However, no IPv6 has been configured for this interface, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.
Tue Dec  8 10:52:11 2020 Initialization Sequence Completed

Can't wait to install the container later today and give it a try but this time I pretty sure that it will work.

 

EDIT: Just installed the container on my unraid server and its now working wonderfully. 😉

Edited by Pacman56
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi everyone, 

 

I have been using Deluge for a long time now but have a question regarding the naming of the downloaded files. Is it possible to rename the folder and file names inside a torrent and continue to seed. I have downloaded a couple of films and I would like to remove some characters in the names. E.A. actual  torrent name "Fast.and.furious.200x-DON" to "Fast and Furious 200x" both for the files and folder names. There is no problem while moving the folder but couldn't figure out a way to change the name of the file. If I change the name through SMB the seeding stops which I don't want.

 

Thanks.

 

Link to comment

Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I'm loving the Deluge docker and it's working great except the plugins.  I use the AutoAdd plugin and it works fine.  The issue i'm having is that every time I login to the web interface I have to go to settings and enable the plugin as the checkmark for the plugin is gone.   Am I doing something wrong?  how do I make it so the setting is saved and stays on at all times?

 

any help anyone can provide will be appreciated.

 

thank you

 

 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Hi all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I'm loving the Deluge docker and it's working great except the plugins.  I use the AutoAdd plugin and it works fine.  The issue i'm having is that every time I login to the web interface I have to go to settings and enable the plugin as the checkmark for the plugin is gone.   Am I doing something wrong?  how do I make it so the setting is saved and stays on at all times?

 

any help anyone can provide will be appreciated.

 

thank you

 

 

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md

 

Scoll down to Q4.

Link to comment

Hi All,

 

Hoping for another tip here. Running with PIA & openvpn, I am able to connect to the webui, but am unable to connect to any seeders. This has happened on and off for the past week or so, has mysteriously fixed itself a couple times without me intervening then reverted to this problem. Not sure if its an AUTH problem, but I don't see anything in the logs to point that way. Log attached.

 

Thanks!

supervisord.log

Link to comment
5 hours ago, redpathx said:

Hi All,

 

Hoping for another tip here. Running with PIA & openvpn, I am able to connect to the webui, but am unable to connect to any seeders. This has happened on and off for the past week or so, has mysteriously fixed itself a couple times without me intervening then reverted to this problem. Not sure if its an AUTH problem, but I don't see anything in the logs to point that way. Log attached.

 

Thanks!

supervisord.log 2.16 MB · 2 downloads

Might be the same issue I see if you are scheduling stop/paused time.

Only way to fix is to restart container if thats the case.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, redpathx said:

Not sure if its an AUTH problem

it isn't, if you had auth issues you wouldnt be able to access the web ui at all, there is nothing obvious in your log, is the tracker you are connecting to a private one?, if so it is possible its blocking known vpn provider ip ranges.

 

Link to comment
15 hours ago, binhex said:

it isn't, if you had auth issues you wouldnt be able to access the web ui at all, there is nothing obvious in your log, is the tracker you are connecting to a private one?, if so it is possible its blocking known vpn provider ip ranges.

 

Great, thank you for clarifying that.

 

15 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Might be the same issue I see if you are scheduling stop/paused time.

Only way to fix is to restart container if thats the case.

This actually worked... had rebooted unraid a day ago and reinstalled the container, but restarting the container got the torrents seeding again.

Is this a setting somewhere? (scheduling stop/paused time), I don't have any recollection of turning that on.

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, squirrellydw said:

Do I need a VPN account with someone?

yes

3 hours ago, squirrellydw said:

 If so will it work with GhostPath, I get them for free

if they supply a openvpn config file and/or wireguard config file, then yes

 

3 hours ago, squirrellydw said:

 Also can you pick where you are connecting too?

this would be up to the vpn provider, if they have multiple servers then yes, this is done via the config file.

Link to comment

I got everything setup but I can't get into the webui.  Even tried it with PIA.  I followed SpaceInvaders Video. Settings attached.  I used my PIA user name and PW but deleted it for obvious reasons.  I copied the openvpn file and the crt and pem file to the folder also

1.jpg

 

2.jpg

Edited by squirrellydw
wrong pic
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.