[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, John S said:

Why can't I get my Delugevpn on Unraid to work?????

 

For the last 5 days I have been completed frustrated trying to get Delugevpn to work with my expressvpn. I used SI 2017 tube video and never got it to work; so last night I joined PIA and for about and hour after setting it up it still didn't work meaning the WEBUI would never come up. Then on my 50th attempt of so it started. I was able to completely set it up and test run a file and it worked. Today I decided to change the server so I copied the new ovpn, restarted it and nothing. I put the old server file back and deleted the new server and nothing. Why is this so difficult to setup. I'm knowledgeable with Windows and Mac systems but new to Unraid so it's a learning curve for sure. I'm accessing the the server from a Mac running Big Sur.

Attach the supervisord log in appdata to your next post.

Link to comment

Sorry if this has been addressed, I didn't see anything in a search.

 

When I restart the DelugeVPN docker, it loses any torrents I had queued that did not have any download progress (0% progress). My torrents are added via Radarr/Sonarr, and they queue to the bottom, and don't actually download any torrent information until they get to the top and start.

 

I suppose I could solve this by queuing to the top, but I would rather have first in/first out. Is there another solution? Should I maybe have deluge save a copy of the torrent files to a folder? Or is this a Sonarr/Radarr issue?


Thanks in advance

 

EDIT: I actually see two torrents with 0% progress still in the deluge queue, but they have the file information available, so they have apparently downloaded the torrent information. Is there a way to have the torrent grab the information when it is added via Sonarr/Radarr?

Edited by ZERØ
Added clarification
Link to comment

I'm trying to find the current list of PIA servers that support port forwarding.

 

In the docs, it says check  /config/supervisord.log

all I have is: 


2021-07-28 15:47:42,750 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...
 

There's no actual list of servers. Any idea where to get that?

Link to comment

wgstarks...Here is a pic of my log. My first question is should I have 6 logs? What information would you like to see within these logs?

 

just looked at the log while trying to open the web ui and this is the message that keeps repeating: Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL 'https://10.12.111.1:19999/getSignature'

11038294_ScreenShot2021-07-28at10_13_26PM.thumb.png.35c7b6018cdace2590a59535b2591b1e.png

Edited by John S
add to the post
Link to comment

supervisord.log

 

Having issues accessing WebUI (Chrome gives "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"). VPN is working properly through PIA (thought this was the issue so I replaced certs and changed servers). Able to use connect to PIA using privoxy in windows. I've scanned the log files myself and cannot find an error. Google has failed me, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, a-mack said:

supervisord.log 90.04 kB · 0 downloads

 

Having issues accessing WebUI (Chrome gives "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"). VPN is working properly through PIA (thought this was the issue so I replaced certs and changed servers). Able to use connect to PIA using privoxy in windows. I've scanned the log files myself and cannot find an error. Google has failed me, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

that looks like a successful start, questions for you:-

1. do you have proxy enabled in your web browser?

2. what is the ip address of the device running the web browser?

3. are you trying to access the ui via vpn, external or internal?

Link to comment
9 hours ago, shaunvis said:

I'm trying to find the current list of PIA servers that support port forwarding.

 

In the docs, it says check  /config/supervisord.log

all I have is: 


2021-07-28 15:47:42,750 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...
 

There's no actual list of servers. Any idea where to get that?

thats very odd!, i just restarted my container and it kicked out the list no problems, can you try a restart of the container, if it still doesnt output then please do the following:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Link to comment
4 hours ago, binhex said:

that looks like a successful start, questions for you:-

1. do you have proxy enabled in your web browser?

2. what is the ip address of the device running the web browser?

3. are you trying to access the ui via vpn, external or internal?

1. Double checked and proxy is turned off.

2. 192.168.0.116

3. Internal, no vpn 

 

Also turned off my pi-hole just to double check.

 

Should I disable my router firewall and see if that works? I've never touched it before. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, a-mack said:

Should I disable my router firewall and see if that works? I've never touched it before. 

i would be careful about doing that as you may inadvertently allow bad people in, but def check to see if there are any lan blocking rules in there that might be causing the issue, maybe crank the logging up on your router and see if you can spot anything.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, John S said:

wgstarks...Here is a pic of my log. My first question is should I have 6 logs? What information would you like to see within these logs?

 

just looked at the log while trying to open the web ui and this is the message that keeps repeating: Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL 'https://10.12.111.1:19999/getSignature'

11038294_ScreenShot2021-07-28at10_13_26PM.thumb.png.35c7b6018cdace2590a59535b2591b1e.png

Just save the most recent log as a text file. Redact your user/password credentials. Attach the text file to your next post.

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, John S said:

supervisord copy.txt 2.21 MB · 1 download

 

Attached is the log file. Thanks for the help

you are attempting to setup port forwarding on an endpoint that does not support it, from your log:-

2021-07-29 03:04:13,743 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint 'us-atlanta.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

change to one of the endpoints that is port forward enabled (see your log for a list).

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, dun said:

How does someone use VPN_PROV=custom? There is no parameter for the ovpn config and it seems to defaulting to isreal.ovpn.

IIRC it will use the first ovpn file in the folder. If that file specifies Israel then that’s the server it will use. Which vpn provider are you using?

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

IIRC it will use the first ovpn file in the folder. If that file specifies Israel then that’s the server it will use. Which vpn provider are you using?

 

Stupid me, I didn't think about it right. I changed my provider and therefore had leftover configs in the folder. I deleted them and created the ovpn file for the new provider. Works as expected now :) Thanks for answering.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, John S said:

ok I've now changed to one of the servers listed and it Delugevpn still won't open (WebUI). Attached is the latest log.

 

supervisord1.txt 2.39 MB · 1 download

that is a successful start, so similar questions to you as the last guy:-

 

that looks like a successful start, questions for you:-

1. do you have proxy enabled in your web browser?

2. what is the ip address of the device running the web browser?

3. are you trying to access the ui via vpn, external or internal?

4. what is the 'network type' for this container?

Link to comment
On 7/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, binhex said:

i would be careful about doing that as you may inadvertently allow bad people in, but def check to see if there are any lan blocking rules in there that might be causing the issue, maybe crank the logging up on your router and see if you can spot anything.

Update, can't find any reason I can't connect on my network (tried another computer, disable pi-hole, etc). I can reach the binhex_sonarr container. I'm thinking about just deleting the entire docker and re-configuring? I'm out of ideas. Network mode is Bridge.

Link to comment

It worked today!!!! No different than last night but hey it's working. To answer your question however, no proxy, no vpn, ip similar to my Mac (server sitting next to me). Regular lan network with cable company router/modem (xfinity).

Link to comment

Could someone help me with how to properly setup an incoming port down my VPN to be used for Deluge/torrent connections? I used to use ADDITIONAL_PORTS, but now with the new container my incoming port seems closed From the outside world. I have all the other issues in this thread working well with the new version except this, but I see no documentation on it except I think I saw something saying don’t use INCOMING ports? Thanks!

Edited by SomeDudeUsingDockers
Link to comment
18 hours ago, SomeDudeUsingDockers said:

ADDITIONAL_PORTS

this is NOT for incoming ports, if your vpn provider is pia then this will happen automagically for you, if you are with any other provider then you need to read up and find out how a port is assigned and then manually set the port in the app.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, binhex said:

this is NOT for incoming ports, if your vpn provider is pia then this will happen automagically for you, if you are with any other provider then you need to read up and find out how a port is assigned and then manually set the port in the app.

 

Ah ok, my bad. Interestingly, I had it setup for the past year and things seemed to be working well until the new container versions with the security updates. Then my incoming port wouldn't show. I just removed the ENV for this, and the old container still works, and the new version now looks to be working, so THANKS!

Link to comment

Everything has been working fine for me for well over a year. Last week though my binhex-delugevpn UI stopped loading. I tried multiple container restarts, unraid restarts, and tried removing the container and re-adding it. No luck.
 
Both radarr and sonarr can add/pick up completed torrents just fine. Only the UI seems to be a problem.

 

Based on the other replies above, some additional info:
- Using wireguard to VPN into server as I am currently not able to physically access server. [This was working for the last 4 months so not a new variable to the system]

- Haven't changed anything on web browser recently. Not using a proxy on web browser or anything

supervisord.log

Link to comment
On 8/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, itsmepetey said:

Everything has been working fine for me for well over a year. Last week though my binhex-delugevpn UI stopped loading. I tried multiple container restarts, unraid restarts, and tried removing the container and re-adding it. No luck.
 
Both radarr and sonarr can add/pick up completed torrents just fine. Only the UI seems to be a problem.

 

Based on the other replies above, some additional info:
- Using wireguard to VPN into server as I am currently not able to physically access server. [This was working for the last 4 months so not a new variable to the system]

- Haven't changed anything on web browser recently. Not using a proxy on web browser or anything

supervisord.log 77.81 kB · 0 downloads

Same exact problem.  I haven't changed a thing and now it suddenly doesn't work.  Here is what the log says:
 

Quote

2021-08-03 21:36:55,764 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '34666'

2021-08-03 21:37:11,068 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.10.130.12 different, marking for reconfigure

2021-08-03 21:37:11,085 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2021-08-03 21:37:11,087 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2021-08-03 21:37:11,089 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2021-08-03 21:37:11,090 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge incoming port 6890 and VPN incoming port 34666 different, marking for reconfigure

2021-08-03 21:37:11,090 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2021-08-03 21:37:11,461 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' currently has a value of '10.2.204.134'
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' will have a new value '10.10.130.12'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2021-08-03 21:37:11,602 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' currently has a value of 'wg0'
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' will have a new value 'wg0'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2021-08-03 21:37:11,729 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' currently has a value of '78f775c573e141beae1fd76eb58c09a1'
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' will have a new value '78f775c573e141beae1fd76eb58c09a1'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/web.conf'...

2021-08-03 21:37:12,045 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2021-08-03 21:37:12,257 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2021-08-03 21:37:13,983 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "random_port" to: False
Configuration value successfully updated.

2021-08-03 21:37:15,782 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (34666, 34666)
Configuration value successfully updated.

2021-08-03 21:37:17,666 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

2021-08-03 21:37:17,666 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2021-08-03 21:37:17,667 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-08-03 21:37:18,674 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-08-03 21:37:18,678 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118



 

Link to comment
On 8/2/2021 at 6:23 PM, itsmepetey said:

Everything has been working fine for me for well over a year. Last week though my binhex-delugevpn UI stopped loading. I tried multiple container restarts, unraid restarts, and tried removing the container and re-adding it. No luck.
 
Both radarr and sonarr can add/pick up completed torrents just fine. Only the UI seems to be a problem.

 

Based on the other replies above, some additional info:
- Using wireguard to VPN into server as I am currently not able to physically access server. [This was working for the last 4 months so not a new variable to the system]

- Haven't changed anything on web browser recently. Not using a proxy on web browser or anything

supervisord.log 77.81 kB · 1 download

this is your issue, from your log:-

 

2021-08-02 12:10:25.965470 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.1/24'

see Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.