[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Q5. I can't seem to access the webui from outside my LAN, why is this?

A5. DelugeVPN uses iptables in order to secure against ip leakage of your real ip address, this requires all modules loading at the kernel level for iptables, including the iptable_mangle module. If the iptable_mangle module is not loaded/available on your hosts kernel then you will not be able to access the webui outside of your LAN. Until recently unRAID DID include iptable_mangle support, but the latest release (6.1.8) has removed this, with the exception that if you are running a KVM VM then this forces the inclusion of iptable_mangle support. So the options are downgrade to unraid 6.1.7 or less, or create a KVM VM and start it and then restart the docker container, or run this container on another host that does have iptable_mangle support.

If you want to help out with the above issue then please consider contacting jonp/tom regards this issue, the more people that mention it, the more chance we have of getting this added back in for the next release.

I'm in my first couple of days of using unRAID and so far so good.  This has got me stumped though.  My server is running headless - what's the best way to connect to configure DelugeVPN?  I've tried RDP but it won't connect.

Thanks in advance

ok so you wont have any sort of rdp access unless your running a windows vm (which unraid can do via kvm). deluge is a web based application, so you can connect to it via a web browser on another machine inside your LAN, if you want to access the web interface over the internet then unfortunately this involves a small frig to get this to work (due to a bug in unraid), basically you need to enable vm's (not create one), this then allows you to access deluge webui externally (port forward required on your router to allow this).

Hmm I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I've setup your sabnzbd, sonarr and non-vpn deluge (although what's the default password?) so I can't work out why I can't see the WebUI on delugeVPN:

VPN_USER - I'm using PIA and I've tried my main username/password and the PPTP/L2TP/SOCKS one given in the dashboard

VPN_PASS - Ditto

ENABLE_PRIVOXY - yes

LAN_NETWORK - My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and my unRAID IP is 192.168.1.218 and my router is 192.168.1.254 and I've tried 192.168.1.218/24 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.1.254/24

Update:

192.168.1.0/24 and turning off the VPN_ENABLED allows me to connect to the WebUI, but no joy with it on.  I'm wondering if it's the way I've got my home network setup?  My unraid server is connected via a wired connection to a wireless media bridge.  Found 'deluge' default password on web ;-)

attach the supervisord.log file (found on the host mapping for /config)

Thanks for trying to help.

ok there is a warning regards your PIA password, it looks like it contains characters which might cause problems, i would advise changing the password to use A-Z and/or 0-9 characters only, so no symbols.

[warn] Password contains characters which could cause authentication issues, please consider changing this if possible

if you change it make sure to change it in docker, then stop the container, delete the supervisord.log file, makesure vpn is set to enabled and try running again, if its still no go then post the new supervisord.log file (minus username and password).

changed funky lastpass password - still no joy

Can you just double check that log, I don't think the one you posted is complete or maybe it hadn't finished when you copied it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Updated

supervisord.txt

Is there any way to route the DelugeVPN docker through a different Ethernet adapter than the one that Unraid is using? My Unraid server has three gigabit ports but uses just the one for everything. I'd like to be able to route Deluge through one of the unused ones so I can connect it to a different external connection.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Wrong port, change 1194 to 1198

Not sure how that happened but that was it. Thanks!

Had the exact same thing here. Hadn't made any changes to config in months, today it stopped working. Same error message you posted and changing the port fixed it. Thanks for the fast response as always, @binhex!

I had to dump my docker.img file as part of cleaning up some 6.2 upgrade issues.  I've successfully added back all of my Binhex dockers except Deluge.  Actually, I think it's starting and running fine, but I can't login to the WebGui.  I'm quite sure I'm using the correct password but it tells me it's incorrect.  How can I reset the WebGui password?

Is there any way to route the DelugeVPN docker through a different Ethernet adapter than the one that Unraid is using? My Unraid server has three gigabit ports but uses just the one for everything. I'd like to be able to route Deluge through one of the unused ones so I can connect it to a different external connection.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

If you have hardware that supports it you can bind the ports -- that way not only the docker but everything would be able to take advantage of the ports. You need a router that will supports 802.3ad Link Aggregation which most consumer routers don't but I have an entry level Cisco business router that does.

The alternative would be to pass-through a port specifically for the docker. How to do that is beyond my ability so I can't help you but there are topics on how to pass-through other devices to a docker so I believe it should be possible. The process should be the same regardless of what device you are trying to pass so if you search for some of the topics on how to pass a USB port to a docker it should get you started.

If you have hardware that supports it you can bind the ports -- that way not only the docker but everything would be able to take advantage of the ports. You need a router that will supports 802.3ad Link Aggregation which most consumer routers don't but I have an entry level Cisco business router that does.

The alternative would be to pass-through a port specifically for the docker. How to do that is beyond my ability so I can't help you but there are topics on how to pass-through other devices to a docker so I believe it should be possible. The process should be the same regardless of what device you are trying to pass so if you search for some of the topics on how to pass a USB port to a docker it should get you started.

Thank you. Binding won't work for my use case (route Deluge to one ISP while everything else routes to another) but the device pass-through, hmmm. I'll start poking around.

So I found today that I am unable to access delugevpn remotely. I know it's working because CP "tests" come back successful.

What boggles my mind is that I have a VM running, so ip_table_mangle should be loaded... I'm not at home right now (which is how I knew it wasn't working) and will test more things later.

But before I do, what kind of information/diag would be beneficial before I go poking around.

So I found today that I am unable to access delugevpn remotely. I know it's working because CP "tests" come back successful.

What boggles my mind is that I have a VM running, so ip_table_mangle should be loaded... I'm not at home right now (which is how I knew it wasn't working) and will test more things later.

But before I do, what kind of information/diag would be beneficial before I go poking around.

Even with a vm running their might still be a race condition, my advise would be restart the container and you will most probably find you can then access it remotely.

does this need to be reinstalled following the 6.2 update? I cant seem to get it back working.

Docker is updated in 6.2.

After I upgraded to 6.2 I went to the docker tab and pressed the update all button. All is well now. I hope that works for you too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

no the update didnt work at all for me. i've attached my supervisord if anyone can understand whats going on

Change port from 1194 to 1198

Man, maybe you can update the docker to check for these "oops".

i.e. if provider is PIA and port is 1194, change port to 1198 and throw warning in log ? Might make your life easier lol.

no the update didnt work at all for me. i've attached my supervisord if anyone can understand whats going on

Change port from 1194 to 1198

Man, maybe you can update the docker to check for these "oops".

i.e. if provider is PIA and port is 1194, change port to 1198 and throw warning in log ? Might make your life easier lol.

yeah i was considering this a while back, but there are 4 possible scenarios for this so need to cater for all (udp, strong certs, tcp and normal certs) all with different port numbers

yeah i was considering this a while back, but there are 4 possible scenarios for this so need to cater for all (udp, strong certs, tcp and normal certs) all with different port numbers

Maybe just add a note to the description field?

The correct port is actually defined in the template and on docker hub, problem is unraid docker templates changes don't replicate to users :-(

The correct port is actually defined in the template and on docker hub, problem is unraid docker templates changes don't replicate to users :-(

Sure but doesn't the Notes section update when you update the container? Right now it says:

For help on configuration for PIA, AirVPN and custom VPN providers please go here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45812.msg437678#msg437678

IMPORTANT - To allow access to the Deluge webui, Privoxy and Deluge deamon you need to specify you LAN network, using CIDR notation for the mask, a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 would equate to CIDR /24, 255.255.0.0 would equate to CIDR /16.

Maybe add "Alert: ports have changed, existing users please see <link here>"?

For some reason I still can't get access to the webgui of DelugeVPN.

I have checked the vpn_port is set to 1198, that my username and password for the vpn is correct and configured LAN_NETWORK accordingly to 192.168.0.1/24, as my router is sending out ip-adresses from 192.168.0.1

But I still get no connection to the webgui.

I have also tried to remove the docker and reinstall the docker image from scratch and install DelugeVPN. But still doesn't work. I'm running Unraid 6.2 and should have the newest version of DelugeVPN according to the Docker section

What is the problem here?

A syslog is attached, if that is of any help

Thanks in advance

kaspers-nas-diagnostics-20160923-1739.zip

For some reason I still can't get access to the webgui of DelugeVPN.

I have checked the vpn_port is set to 1198, that my username and password for the vpn is correct and configured LAN_NETWORK accordingly to 192.168.0.1/24, as my router is sending out ip-adresses from 192.168.0.1

But I still get no connection to the webgui.

As a test, disable the vpn in the docker settings and see if you can access the webgui. If you can, then the issue is in your VPN settings, so you can concentrate on that. If you can't access the webgui with the VPN disabled, then you have other issues that need to be addressed before you can work on getting the VPN portion working.

It works when the vpn is off.

Since i'm using pia, would a solution maybe be to download the openvpn files available at pia's homepage and just overwrite those in the appdata folder of delugevpn?

Provide your supervisor log from the appdata folder. I'm guessing you're missing a variable and its causing the PIA auth to fail.