[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Here it is :

spotted the problem, it was an overzealous regex match for "remote" which only affects certain providers (not pia), fix is now in, so stop the existing container, then you will need to open your ovpn file using something like notepad++ (do not use windows notepad it will screw up line endings) and do the following:-

firstly remove this line, which is purely a comment of course:-

# Disabled, as we pass this value via env var

and then more importantly, remove the semi colon from the start of this line:-

;remote-cert-tls server

save the file  and then force an update, this should fix the issue.

damn it.  I thought it was removed from every line!

Changed, thank you.

decided the pro's of echoing this out (for debugging for user) is not worth the risk, i will be obfuscating this from now on for all users, including the username.

Can you parse for authentication errors and echo only if error occurs?

Thanks!  My docker now works and connect :)

(I realize now that i'm in the DelugeVPN thread and i'm using rTorrentVPN...by chance, the "vpn" stuff is similar !)

its a script thats baked into the openvpn docker image, which is what all the vpn docker images are based "from", you fix one, you fix em all :-)

damn it.  I thought it was removed from every line!

Changed, thank you.

decided the pro's of echoing this out (for debugging for user) is not worth the risk, i will be obfuscating this from now on for all users, including the username.

Can you parse for authentication errors and echo only if error occurs?

yeah possibly, i will have a little think about this as an option, thanks for the suggestion!.

did you see in the other thread (rtorrentVPN) the incredible GUI for the rTorrent? (called flood).  That would be very nice to have it in the rtorrentVPN docker.  maybe something with a ENV VAR like RTORRENT_GUI with a "RUTORRENT" or "FLOOD" value and then you switch the GUI to FLOOD.  Or, you add "ENABLE_FLOOD_GUI" = True or False...

It runs using NodeJS

Since the docker upgrade, I have not been able to get the webgui or proxy up and running.  Like the other poster if I disable the VPN the webgui runs.

I am using PIA and my local lan is 192.168.0.0/24.

I turned debugging on and attached is my log with passwords and username blanked out.

Any suggestions?

This is not related to the update but is name resolution issue due to your ISP hijacking/blocking requests to resolve pia hostnames. If you look at the IP address for the pia hostname its incorrect, the IP should resolve as follows:-

ping us-east.privateinternetaccess.com

PING us-east.privateinternetaccess.com (66.55.134.211) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 66.55.134.211.choopa.com (66.55.134.211): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=84.7 ms

64 bytes from 66.55.134.211.choopa.com (66.55.134.211): icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=85.1 ms

64 bytes from 66.55.134.211.choopa.com (66.55.134.211): icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=85.1 ms

64 bytes from 66.55.134.211.choopa.com (66.55.134.211): icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=84.8 ms

64 bytes from 66.55.134.211.choopa.com (66.55.134.211): icmp_seq=5 ttl=53 time=84.2 ms

64 bytes from 66.55.134.211.choopa.com (66.55.134.211): icmp_seq=6 ttl=53 time=85.0 ms

So either use the IP instead of the hostname or switch to using something like google dns

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi guys.  I'm trying to get this running and I think I have a conflict with binhex-sabnzbdvpn.  When I try to install delugevpn I get an error

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint binhex-delugevpn on network bridge: Bind for 0.0.0.0:8118 failed: port is already allocated.

It appears sab is also using this port as shown in 'deployed ports"

binhex-sabnzbdvpn 8080 8090 8118
binhex-delugevpn  8112 58846 8118

I don't know enough about how virtualization works to know what this port is used for and if I can change or remove it. 

I do have ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no in deluge as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Hi guys.  I'm trying to get this running and I think I have a conflict with binhex-sabnzbdvpn.  When I try to install delugevpn I get an error

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create endpoint binhex-delugevpn on network bridge: Bind for 0.0.0.0:8118 failed: port is already allocated.

It appears sab is also using this port as shown in 'deployed ports"

binhex-sabnzbdvpn 8080 8090 8118
binhex-delugevpn  8112 58846 8118

I don't know enough about how virtualization works to know what this port is used for and if I can change or remove it. 

I do have ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no in deluge as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Looks like you have port 8118 defined in both dockers?  Did you try changing one of them?  I think you only need the first two for each anyway.

I did not try changing anything yet.  Both dockers installed with that port mapped (container=8118, host=8118).  If this port is not needed would I just remove the setting ("Remove" button)?

The Host Ports on my binhex VPN dockers match yours (the first two ports) but neither is using 8118.  Is it mapped as an additional port?  Maybe try deleting your config and pulling the latest docker.  Just take a screenshot or something of the advanced view tab for each.

8118 is for the proxy over vpn feature binhex added.

Yeah, just noticed that. Would it make sense to use different ports as defaults for each docker?

No. There is no need or benefit for a typical user running multiple instances on different ports. Only one privoxy should be running at a time, no matter how many of binhex's VPN enabled containers you are running.

If you are advanced enough to utilize multiple instances, you have to know how to set up ports anyway.

• 3 weeks later...