[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Excellent work gridrunner, i think you might be the first person to do a video of any of my dockers :-). A couple of recommendations for a follow up "advanced settings video" :D you might want to mention the incoming port and the fact it only gets set for VPN provider PIA and that you would need to manually set this for other providers. Also you could mention the fact Privoxy is also included, which can then be used to bypass geo blocking or website blocking via your ISP.

Excellent work gridrunner, i think you might be the first person to do a video of any of my dockers :-). A couple of recommendations for a follow up "advanced settings video" :D you might want to mention the incoming port and the fact it only gets set for VPN provider PIA and that you would need to manually set this for other providers. Also you could mention the fact Privoxy is also included, which can then be used to bypass geo blocking or website blocking via your ISP.

Im glad you like it! I will definately mention those points in a future video.  :)

Hello, like others in this thread, Im new to Unraid and docker. Its been a frustrating couple of days, but I seem to have most things working. With Deluge, I am able to access web and verify that I am connected to Vpn. However when I add files, the download begins very slowly and then fades completely to 0.

I read here about disabling flood protection, but i do not have that enabled in my router. I have also changed from udp to tcp but that didn't work either. I have tried switching PIA hosts. Any idea why I am getting such slow or none existent speeds?

Thanks

So after fussing with the settings and checking my config for the past day. I think the issue lies in either my mapping or my permissions. I feel that my mapping of folder is correct and this had more to do with permissions. The files will start downloading, but the progress bar never leaves 0%, to me that means that the file isn't being written anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

hello,

I just realized I set my download path to one that does no exist "/downloads" and cannot find my download files via WinSCP.

The actual path I setup for my downloads is "/data". I tried doing a Move Storage to /data but there are no files moved.

Is there a default location where I may be able to find them? It appears the generic save points lie in /home/nobody/.... but I cannot find any files or folders past /home/.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

hello,

I just realized I set my download path to one that does no exist "/downloads" and cannot find my download files via WinSCP.

The actual path I setup for my downloads is "/data". I tried doing a Move Storage to /data but there are no files moved.

Is there a default location where I may be able to find them? It appears the generic save points lie in /home/nobody/.... but I cannot find any files or folders past /home/.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

ok to get the files/folders copied out your going to have to docker exec in to the container, details below:-

1. ssh into unraid

2. type 'docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash

3. now have a poke around and identify where the files/folders are that you downloaded (its possible deluge created a folder called /downloads off the root)

4. once you have found the files/folders simply do a 'cp <path to data in container> /data/'

5. type 'exit' to get back to unraid ssh prompt and check the host path that you mapped for /data

Awesome , thank you. I've found a "/downloads" folder inside of "root@...."

I did a DIR and found my 2 movies. I'm not sure what this path is to copy it to /data/

Right now I'm in the ssh at the prompt: "root@6ee028bb49bc downloads]#"

I want to run the cp command from here but I have no clue what the path is to this downloads folder is. Simple but stupid, I know.

Thank you.

edit: found the pwd command which just says "/downloads" tired "cp /downloads /data" with a message "cp: omitting directory '/downloads'

I did a DIR and found my 2 movies. I'm not sure what this path is to copy it to /data/

I want to run the cp command from here but I have no clue what the path is to this downloads folder is. Simple but stupid, I know.

Thank you.

edit: found the pwd command which just says "/downloads" tired "cp /downloads /data" with a message "cp: omitting directory '/downloads'

how about 'cp -R /downloads/* /data/'

Thank you.

how about 'cp -R /downloads/* /data/'

long pause, then back to the prompt, performed a dir and saw a file that is still downloading remains, but the completed one is now gone. I checked my /data/ folder (/mnt/user/media/downloads) and nothing...

subsequently this also broke all the torrents seeding/downloading because we removed the folder. I wonder where the one completed file went..

saw a file that is still downloading remains

so your saying deluge is still downloading incorrectly to /downloads inside your container and NOT to /data?

but the completed one is now gone

so what is the path you have defined in deluge for completed stuff? if its NOT in /data or a subfolder of data then it will just move the completed download to somewhere else inside the container, you need to stop all downloads until this is straight.

see attached screenshot for how i have mine configured, note how ALL paths start with /data.

subsequently this also broke all the torrents seeding/downloading because we removed the folder

issuing a cp will NOT move/delete anything, so it wont be this that broke anything seeding/download

can you also perform 'ls -al /data' and check that /data does exist and you can see files/folders which reside on your unraid host aka /mnt/user/media/downloads

Screen_Shot_2016-12-01_at_17_19_40.png.0170fa4b8da186042198ac2467d64678.png

Keep in mind that applications can force a specific download directory when they send a torrent automatically, so you need to make sure any apps sending torrents are also set to /data, and their docker mappings for /data are set to the same mount point in unraid as deluge so they can find the finished files.

saw a file that is still downloading remains

so your saying deluge is still downloading incorrectly to /downloads inside your container and NOT to /data?

but the completed one is now gone

so what is the path you have defined in deluge for completed stuff? if its NOT in /data or a subfolder of data then it will just move the completed download to somewhere else inside the container, you need to stop all downloads until this is straight.

see attached screenshot for how i have mine configured, note how ALL paths start with /data.

subsequently this also broke all the torrents seeding/downloading because we removed the folder

issuing a cp will NOT move/delete anything, so it wont be this that broke anything seeding/download

can you also perform 'ls -al /data' and check that /data does exist and you can see files/folders which reside on your unraid host aka /mnt/user/media/downloads

"[root@397f57fcee7e data]# ls -al /data

total 0

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 117 Dec  1 09:08 .

drwxrwxrwx 1 root  root  214 Dec  1 09:10 ..

drwxrwxrwx 1 root  root  76 Dec  1 09:08 downloads

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 256 Dec  1 08:59

<Name of Movie>"

the file was still downloading to the wrong folder "/downloads" at the time of the cp command. The completed file moved, to where I don't know. "/data" was an established path and saved in Deluge before I ran any commands. All paths, completed, incomplete, etc, all point to "/data" which is "/mnt/user/media/downloads"

Like Jon stated, these files are all....boinked....for lack of a better term. It's pretty amazing how a simple oversight can lead to some complex issues.

Also to comment on your attachment, my folders NORMALLY have this type of structure, I don't haphazardly do anything, it was just a mental lapse on my part in an early AM fog

total 0

<Name of Movie>"

the file was still downloading to the wrong folder "/downloads" at the time of the cp command. The completed file moved, to where I don't know. "/data" was an established path and saved in Deluge before I ran any commands. All paths, completed, incomplete, etc, all point to "/data" which is "/mnt/user/media/downloads"

Like Jon stated, these files are all....boinked....for lack of a better term. It's pretty amazing how a simple oversight can lead to some complex issues.

ok cool, so i think your best plan of action then if the downloads are either corrupt or incomplete is to delete the container and re-create it, this will ensure that any partially downloaded files inside the container are gone and get you back to a working clean state where everything writes to /data, does this sound like a reasonable plan?, if you need instruction on how to do this then let me know and i will do a step by step guide, but you sound proficient enough to do this :-).

Also to comment on your attachment, my folders NORMALLY have this type of structure, I don't haphazardly do anything, it was just a mental lapse on my part in an early AM fog

I dont wish to come across as patronising, its just impossible for me to know how much knowledge each person has in regards to docker so i have to assume little knowledge and go from there, apologies if i offended.

total 0

<Name of Movie>"

ok cool, so i think your best plan of action then if the downloads are either corrupt or incomplete is to delete the container and re-create it, this will ensure that any partially downloaded files inside the container are gone and get you back to a working clean state where everything writes to /data, does this sound like a reasonable plan?, if you need instruction on how to do this then let me know and i will do a step by step guide, but you sound proficient enough to do this :-).

I dont wish to come across as patronising, its just impossible for me to know how much knowledge each person has in regards to docker so i have to assume little knowledge and go from there, apologies if i offended.

Oh not at all, no offense taken. I was just explaining myself, you weren't like that at all.

I'm going to remove the container and restart I suppose, these movies that are missing/incomplete are just eating up storage at this point and I want them gone.

This would be resolved by going into Apps, removing Deluge along with app data I assume or is this part of the Docker.img?

A quick and dirty guide would be appreciated, if there's one out there I can search as well.

Thanks again for all your help!  8)

total 0

<Name of Movie>"

Oh not at all, no offense taken. I was just explaining myself, you weren't like that at all.

I'm going to remove the container and restart I suppose, these movies that are missing/incomplete are just eating up storage at this point and I want them gone.

This would be resolved by going into Apps, removing Deluge along with app data I assume or is this part of the Docker.img?

I quick and dirty guide would be appreciated, if there's one out there I can search as well.

ok quick guide :-

1. open unraid webui and click on the docker tab

2. left click the troublesome app and select 'remove'

3. untick the option to 'also remove the image'

4. click 'yes, delete it'

5. go to the bottom of the current page and click on 'add container'

6. from the template dropdown select the 'my-<application name>'

7. once selected this should pre-populate everything for you with your options, check them over

8. once happy click on the button 'apply' at the very bottom to create the container

just to be clear you dont need to delete any files in /config or /data on the unraid host side.

total 0

<Name of Movie>"

I quick and dirty guide would be appreciated, if there's one out there I can search as well.

ok quick guide :-

1. open unraid webui and click on the docker tab

2. left click the troublesome app and select 'remove'

3. untick the option to 'also remove the image'

4. click 'yes, delete it'

5. go to the bottom of the current page and click on 'add container'

6. from the template dropdown select the 'my-<application name>'

7. once selected this should pre-populate everything for you with your options, check them over

8. once happy click on the button 'apply' at the very bottom to create the container

just to be clear you dont need to delete any files in /config or /data on the unraid host side.

Alternative since Lizard King mentioned the Apps tab

Apps Tab, installed Apps.  Click the Red X on the app in question - Will automatically remove the image no matter what.  Will also prompt to delete the appdata folder if you want.  (if choosing to do so, confirm that its the correct folder)

Apps Tab, previous Apps.  Click Reinstall on the app in question.  Will automatically prepopulate the template, click Apply at the bottom...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have this setup with airvpn and its running great.

My question is do we need to worry about dns leaks when using this docker?

Also is there a way to set the dns servers that I want to use?

How do I know or ensure that if the VPN goes down that the docker just won't use my unprotected Internet connection.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hello,

How do I know or ensure that if the VPN goes down that the docker just won't use my unprotected Internet connection.

Thanks

DNS is by default set to use Google DNS and FreeDNS, these can be changed by defining what you want to use via the value of the env variable key "NAME_SERVERS", so DNS leakage (as in it will only use the name servers you specify) is prevented via iptables.

As for ip leakage (as in the tunnel goes down and it uses your internet connection), this is also fully covered, again by the usage of iptables.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but regarding Privoxy: This has nothing to do with Deluge. Bundling it together with this docker is just a convenient way to provide users with a way to access the VPN tunnel when using their browser for regular browsing. Nothing to do with torrenting. Is that right?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but regarding Privoxy: This has nothing to do with Deluge. Bundling it together with this docker is just a convenient way to provide users with a way to access the VPN tunnel when using their browser for regular browsing. Nothing to do with torrenting. Is that right?

Post 2 in this thread, FAQ Q4

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi, binhex. Thanks for the quick response!

I actually read that before posting, which is where my question came from :). I wasn't 100% clear on what you wrote, so I was just confirming if my understanding was correct (Privoxy allows the browser on my PC to access the VPN tunnel through a proxy). I guess my confusion mostly stems from the fact that I didn't realize that actions a docker takes could affect applications on my PC...

Hi, binhex. Thanks for the quick response!

I actually read that before posting, which is where my question came from :). I wasn't 100% clear on what you wrote, so I was just confirming if my understanding was correct (Privoxy allows the browser on my PC to access the VPN tunnel through a proxy). I guess my confusion mostly stems from the fact that I didn't realize that actions a docker takes could affect applications on my PC...

Privoxy is completely optional and has nothing to do with deluge or torrents. As Jonathan pointed out privoxy cannot and will not reconfigure anything, you would need to explicitly enable it and then configure your browser to use it.

Privoxy is completely optional and has nothing to do with deluge or torrents. As Jonathan pointed out privoxy cannot and will not reconfigure anything, you would need to explicitly enable it and then configure your browser to use it.

Perfect! A very handy option! Thanks for the clarification Jonathan and binhex!

Hello,

Thanks

DNS is by default set to use Google DNS and FreeDNS, these can be changed by defining what you want to use via the value of the env variable key "NAME_SERVERS", so DNS leakage (as in it will only use the name servers you specify) is prevented via iptables.

As for ip leakage (as in the tunnel goes down and it uses your internet connection), this is also fully covered, again by the usage of iptables.

Great,

Thanks for the explanation.