Download Station alternatives? What's your download setup?

Omnicrash

I'm moving away from a Synology NAS to an unRAID setup. One of the only things I'll really miss will be Synology Download Station, which I could previously easily manage using the Chrome extension. Full list of all downloads right in the browser, along with the ability to capture all torrent/magnet/filesharing/general download links.

- Can you suggest some good alternatives? For now I'll probably be running either Transmission or Deluge out of a Docker container, though I don't think either support anything other than torrents (which is not an ability I absolutely need, though it's very useful).

- Same for the Chrome extension; is there even anything that compares to the SDS extension?

The ability to capture browser links is a must have for me, and the ability to manage them from a menu with download notifications is a big plus.

Any suggestions are welcome, and feel free to share your current setup and it's pro's/cons.

I personally use a little Acer $400 Windows machine on the side and then just bring over my files to my Server when I'm ready. The idea of exposing my Server directly with the outside world just kinda freaks me out.

It doesn't need to be exposed to the outside world. It just needs to capture links, and download them on my server instead of locally (as in on the machine you're browsing on itself).

I don't expose my machines either. My current SDS setup only works when I'm on my home network.

Dockers: Deluge, Sonarr, Couchpotato, Plex

VM (as there are now fully working dockers): Jackett

Fully automated.

There is an extension for Chrome to check Deluge but I don't use it as there is no need to.

Sonarr adds tv show top priority,

couchpotato low priority,

deluge monitors private trackers and removed torrents after a good ratio or a long seed time (2 weeks)

for public trackers I set lower ratio/seed time targets.

Sonarr and couchpotato copy downloaded files, extract, clean, organise and plex downloads suubtitles.

There is nothing to do!

I think my setup will be very similar to yours karateo, with the exception Plex (I just host my media as-is to XMBC/Kodi and Windows hosts, and the machine I'm running on isn't very powerful).

I will be going with a Deluge docker for downloading since I found a Chrome extension called Remote Deluge which seems to feature almost everything I need. I don't think it supports general downloading like DS did, however it's very rare that I need to download a non-torrent directly to my NAS, so I can live with that.