[Support] binhex - Deluge

• 2 months later...

I have a question for you deluge experts - nothing related to the docker specifically......  I have a pfsense router and pfblockerNG and I have noticed two IP addresses are being blocked from the deluge instance.  Note - there are no torrents in use at all.  This is happening every 10 minutes.  The two IP's that are being blocked, if it is relevant, are 213.34.77.254 and 50.200.136.108.  I have no idea how many are actually getting through.  So, why is this happening if there are no torrents in use ?  A sample from the pfblocker block log is shown below.

May 6 10:14:16,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,50.200.136.108,58946,57599,out,US,pfB_PRI1_v4,50.200.136.108,CINS_army_v4,50-200-136-108-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net,Unknown,null,+
May 6 10:14:16,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,50.200.136.108,58946,57599,out,US,pfB_PRI1_v4,50.200.136.108,CINS_army_v4,50-200-136-108-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net,Unknown,null,-
May 6 10:23:47,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,213.34.77.254,58946,52525,out,NL,pfB_PRI1_v4,213.34.77.254,CINS_army_v4,D5224DFE.static.ziggozakelijk.nl,Unknown,null,+
May 6 10:23:57,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,50.200.136.108,58946,57599,out,US,pfB_PRI1_v4,50.200.136.108,CINS_army_v4,50-200-136-108-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net,Unknown,null,+
May 6 10:33:28,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,213.34.77.254,58946,52525,out,NL,pfB_PRI1_v4,213.34.77.254,CINS_army_v4,D5224DFE.static.ziggozakelijk.nl,Unknown,null,+
May 6 10:33:28,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,213.34.77.254,58946,52525,out,NL,pfB_PRI1_v4,213.34.77.254,CINS_army_v4,D5224DFE.static.ziggozakelijk.nl,Unknown,null,-
May 6 10:33:52,1770008935,re0,LAN,block,4,17,UDP,192.168.1.204,50.200.136.108,58946,57599,out,US,pfB_PRI1_v4,50.200.136.108,CINS_army_v4,50-200-136-108-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net,Unknown,null,+

• 1 month later...

Just today, my remote Deluge client started to refuse to connect to my docker.  The Auth file still has the proper passwords in it.

I checked Radarr and Sonarr and they too can no longer connect.  When I test the connection in Radarr/Sonarr, I get "authentication failed." I am able to see my active torrents via the web interface from UnRAID, so I know that the daemon is still running and operating, and that the password is still recognized. 

Thinking that some config got corrupted, I stopped the container, renamed the config directory and removed the container, deleting the image.  I downloaded a fresh copy.

I changed no settings in the docker setup except the location of the /data directory, and made no config changes in either the web interface or via the terminal. So, this container is totally default.

I still have the same problem.  Neither my Deluge client nor Radarr/Sonarr can connect using the default "deluge" password. Same "authentication error."

Have there been any recent changes to the container that might explain this?  My torrents are crippled right now until I can get this working.

What additional information do you need to allow you to help me figure this out?

Still on UnRAID 6.6.7

18 minutes ago, 2twisty said:

Just today, my remote Deluge client started to refuse to connect to my docker.  The Auth file still has the proper passwords in it.

I checked Radarr and Sonarr and they too can no longer connect.  When I test the connection in Radarr/Sonarr, I get "authentication failed." I am able to see my active torrents via the web interface from UnRAID, so I know that the daemon is still running and operating, and that the password is still recognized. 

Thinking that some config got corrupted, I stopped the container, renamed the config directory and removed the container, deleting the image.  I downloaded a fresh copy.

I changed no settings in the docker setup except the location of the /data directory, and made no config changes in either the web interface or via the terminal. So, this container is totally default.

I still have the same problem.  Neither my Deluge client nor Radarr/Sonarr can connect using the default "deluge" password. Same "authentication error."

Have there been any recent changes to the container that might explain this?  My torrents are crippled right now until I can get this working.

What additional information do you need to allow you to help me figure this out?

Still on UnRAID 6.6.7

There is an option in the Deluge gui for remote connection. Check that this is ticked. Maybe your docker got updated to Deluge v.2? Some are having minor issues after update to v.2, if you have update and the above info don't help, some more log files would be needed. 

Yeah, this update to v2 is actually a real problem for me as well.  @2twisty You probably need to update your thin client to 2.03 in order to get it to connect to your Deluge daemon in the Docker container.

Larger issue for me is that v2 is not supported by any of the trackers that I use (in fact a few of them have blacklisted it).  The remote interface is far more responsive than it was with 1.3.15 but I cannot make the switch to v2 until my trackers decide to add support.  Does anybody know if there's an easy way to roll back without having to re-check all of my torrents?  Can I just use the "state" folder from my updated v2 instance in a new instance that is running 1.3.15?

Edited by CapriciousCrawdad

EDIT: Found help with the Radarr/Sonarr issues listed below here: Binhex-Sonarr Support Thread

Looks like Deluge did get upgraded to v2.

After upgrading the thin client, I can now connect, but I still can't get Radarr and Sonarr to talk to it.

I am using the binhex versions of both radarr and sonarr. They don't report that any updates are available.

Any idea where to go with this next?  I'll check the support threads for those containers, as well.

Edited by 2twisty

Upgrading Deluge to new version without any compatible client for Windows was a very bad idea ...

I can't even access the WebUI. Only Transdrone from my phone works now.

Edit: The WebUI works after deleting manually the web.conf

Edited by clovek1
On 6/20/2019 at 4:25 AM, binhex said:

i dont know if this will cause a re-check (most probably will do) but this is the procedure for targeting a particular version:-

Hey sorry for the late reply, I haven't had time to fiddle with this until now.  Thanks for the instructions.  I've used this rollback process before for another container and it is simple enough.  I was able to pull down the 1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-01 bulid.  Unfortunately none of my torrents appear in the client after reverting.  Looks like I'm just going to have to add them all back in manually.

No worries though, I will just continue to use the latest build with sonarr/radarr on the trackers that are compatible and create a new instance with 1.3.15 so I can keep seeding until the rest of my trackers add support for V2.

The new interface is really flying and I am loving it.  Thanks again for your hard work and assistance, binhex.  You are the man!

This must have happened during my server meltdown last night...

Long story short, I didnt see different issues I experiences as seperate co-incidental issues and figured the whole world was coming down around me.

As it turns out:

- nextcloud decided to start locking random files in my storage - still dont know what caused this

- appdata backups were backing up the download folder, filling up the cache drive

- I had a possible drive failure, causing me to need to rebuild my array

- my docker file corrupted, forcing me to rebuild it

- Deluge stopped communicating with sonarr and radarr

Long night...

In the mean time whilst we wait for deluge 2 support, I have just just up a black hole as deluge supports the .magnet links (wqith autoadd).

Edit - Turns out autoremoveplus isnt supported... ffs.... downgrading

Edited by B1scu1T
  • 3 weeks later...

/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-deluge:1.3.15'

Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-deluge:1.3.15' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for binhex/arch-deluge:1.3.15 not found.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

This was following the instructions found here. https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

Modify repository on the edit page from binhex/arch-deluge to binhex/arch-deluge:X.X.X

Get previous build number from here https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-deluge/builds

I'm not seeing any previous version numbers there so typed in what I had previously. 

Manually typing the previous version doesn't help.

Thoughts?  We screwed trying to rollback?

I use the GTK app on my Windows machine to manage multiple Deluge instances.  Not really a fan of having to do everything via the web gui.

EDIT: Had to dig around on google.  try "binhex/arch-deluge:1.3.15_18_ge050905b2-1-01" to rollback from 2.0

Although the rollback did wipe out all my torrents. Meh.

Edited by ugnaught

Suddenly I'm unable to connect to the deluge web UI on 192.168.11.208:8112

Everything was working fine yesterday morning, but today I get a 'This page cannot be displayed' error. I've tried rebooting Unraid and restarting the docker but to no avail. Launching the wb UI from within the docker fails too. I've tried changing the port, disabling my AV and firewall, and restarting my VPN just in case that was causing problems but nada. All other connectivity is fine, and I can access my shares without any issue. No settings have been changed on the docker.

The only thing I can think may be related is that we had a power failure yesterday and my UPS also failed. After an unclean shutdown all my shares went missing until I rebooted Unraid. I don't recall for certain at what point after that deluge started playing up, but I'm pretty sure I accessed the web UI after the power failure issue. Not even sure where to start troubleshooting this so any advice would be gratefully received.

EDIT: It looks like this is an issue with deluge 2.0. I tried rolling back to 1.3 and bingo, problem resolved. It looks like deluge must have updated yesterday at some point and that broke the web UI.

EDIT2: Looks like I spoke too soon. The web UI is back now I've rolled back but I can't start the daemon - it just shows as offline in Connection Manager and doesn't respond when I click 'Start Daemon'

So... any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks

Edited by be4con
More info added
Suddenly I'm unable to connect to the deluge web UI on 192.168.11.208:8112

Everything was working fine yesterday morning, but today I get a 'This page cannot be displayed' error. I've tried rebooting Unraid and restarting the docker but to no avail. Launching the wb UI from within the docker fails too. I've tried changing the port, disabling my AV and firewall, and restarting my VPN just in case that was causing problems but nada. All other connectivity is fine, and I can access my shares without any issue. No settings have been changed on the docker.

The only thing I can think may be related is that we had a power failure yesterday and my UPS also failed. After an unclean shutdown all my shares went missing until I rebooted Unraid. I don't recall for certain at what point after that deluge started playing up, but I'm pretty sure I accessed the web UI after the power failure issue. Not even sure where to start troubleshooting this so any advice would be gratefully received.

EDIT: It looks like this is an issue with deluge 2.0. I tried rolling back to 1.3 and bingo, problem resolved. It looks like deluge must have updated yesterday at some point and that broke the web UI.

EDIT2: Looks like I spoke too soon. The web UI is back now I've rolled back but I can't start the daemon - it just shows as offline in Connection Manager and doesn't respond when I click 'Start Daemon'

So... any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks
Your config had been upgraded to v2 compatible, so now you either need to restore your config from backup or reconfigure deluge from scratch by deleting the /config/core.conf file and restarting the container

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, binhex said:

Your config had been upgraded to v2 compatible, so now you either need to restore your config from backup or reconfigure deluge from scratch by deleting the /config/core.conf file and restarting the container

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah OK, makes sense. I'm struggling to take ownership of the bak file to restore it. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, be4con said:

Ah OK, makes sense. I'm struggling to take ownership of the bak file to restore it. Any suggestions?

SSH to the host, cd to the folder that contains the deluge config files that you cannot change and then execute:-

chown nobody:users <path to the files you want to change>

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, binhex said:

SSH to the host, cd to the folder that contains the deluge config files that you cannot change and then execute:-

chown nobody:users <path to the files you want to change>

Sorry, thanks for your help with this but I'm going to need further direction. I have done that and I'm still unable to make any changes to, or delete, either the core.conf or the core.conf.bak files. I'm new to linux so this is all a bit bewildering to me. Have I got this right?

SSH Unraid.PNG

3 hours ago, binhex said:

yep thats exactly right, ok lets change mode too:-

chmod +rw <path to files>

then try the delete/modify

Thanks again. That certainly allowed me access, but unfortunately hasn't changed anything. I stopped the container, deleted the file and then restarted the container. It didn't regenerate the core.conf file though, so I no longer have one at all.

I tried rebooting unraid, that didn't help and finally I removed and reinstalled the deluge container (but not the image), but again still no core.conf file. Am I going to have to delete everything and start again with a fresh deluge install? If so can I recover my torrent state - I assume that will be the state folder and the session.state file?

2 hours ago, be4con said:

Thanks again. That certainly allowed me access, but unfortunately hasn't changed anything. I stopped the container, deleted the file and then restarted the container. It didn't regenerate the core.conf file though, so I no longer have one at all.

I tried rebooting unraid, that didn't help and finally I removed and reinstalled the deluge container (but not the image), but again still no core.conf file. Am I going to have to delete everything and start again with a fresh deluge install? If so can I recover my torrent state - I assume that will be the state folder and the session.state file?

if the /config/core.conf file doesnt exist then a new one will be created, if its not doing this then i suspect permissions are preventing it. what have you set the value of UMASK to?.

15 hours ago, binhex said:

if the /config/core.conf file doesnt exist then a new one will be created, if its not doing this then i suspect permissions are preventing it. what have you set the value of UMASK to?.

I assume it's default - I don't think I changed anything. Currently set to 000

4 minutes ago, be4con said:

I assume it's default - I don't think I changed anything. Currently set to 000

ok thats fine then, so it def should be re-generating a default core.conf file if one doesnt exist in /config, can you paste the output of the following command from ssh to your unraid host:-

ls -al <path to the /config path on the host>

e.g. ls -al /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-deluge/