[Support] binhex - Deluge

After a fresh unraid install, and adding the Deluge app, setting it up with shared folder "downloads" on install, it says "/home/nobody/downloads" in the Deluge settings, and I can't figure out why.

*edit: I know I can change the address, but I was sure the file path came up correctly before. Therefore, I feel that there may be something wrong with my setup that I cannot see myself

nv9Hzy4.png&key=76445f1c26bdebc25acf8037855296e38dd2bc69a22f0693740d6c56c1b56713

9QMp3MT.png&key=6d8c744350b08f1f626846a11bb92add8f53597f70e769ac644710a3375502fd

YuyUSSG.png&key=0ed90b96d45c67a7e378811ef215d7ac64b34f1e1dcb956ff4094343895dd43d
The default settings for deluge are not touched, that has always been the case, you need to configure deluge to use the volumes you have defined.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, binhex said:

The default settings for deluge are not touched, that has always been the case, you need to configure deluge to use the volumes you have defined.

This is not the case in Spaceinvader One's video turtorial, unless he has manually done the input without showing it in the video (09:28): 

Edited by neitakk
2 hours ago, neitakk said:

This is not the case in Spaceinvader One's video turtorial, unless he has manually done the input without showing it in the video (09:28): 

sorry my bad, you are right, the paths were preconfigured with the previous config file, i want to keep it as close to out of the box as possible though, as people may not use the volume name /data, so its best to get the user to configure this value manually, even if it does mean a potential increase in support requests.

so for now, yes your config is fine, if you are a new user you will need to configure the incomplete/completed etc, this is a one off step and wont need to be repeated unless you blow away your deluge config folder.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So i have had the issue before where i can no longer login to the deluge docker with the default password "deluge". I am using firefox as my web browser, it seems to work no problem after a fresh install of windows 10, but some weeks/months later it no longer lets me login. Ive tried reinstalling the docker. deleteing my docker image, using every other deluge docker on the app store, but they all end up with the same problem.

A work around i found was to use Microsoft Edge browser, and itll let me login with the default "deluge" password with no issues, So its related to firefox somehow. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox but that didnt work either.

Gonna post my logs, would appreciate any help trying to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

~Acps

unraid-diagnostics-20190913-1912.zip

this might be nothing but I was poking around my deluge and Sonarr connections and I came upon the following that if I run curl ifconfig.me with the console of delugevpn then I get my VPN IP Address "France" but if I run the same command on sonar or my unraid then I get my external IP Address.

I have check my Sonarr and other dockers with this video to make sure that my proxy is right, but I am not a 100% that all my traffic is going through the VPN, when I am searching for films or TV.s  or am I just being paranoid 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MNqonB86ec

Edited by chris_netsmart
this might be nothing but I was poking around my deluge and Sonarr connections and I came upon the following that if I run curl ifconfig.me with the console of delugevpn then I get my VPN IP Address "France" but if I run the same command on sonar or my unraid then I get my external IP Address.

I have check my Sonarr and other dockers with this video to make sure that my proxy is right, but I am not a 100% that all my traffic is going through the VPN, when I am searching for films or TV.s  or am I just being paranoid 

A VPN connection and a proxy connection are very different, what you are seeing is completely expected and nothing to worry about.

On 1/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, PieQuest said:

I found a temporary fix for anyone interested.

1. Configure Deluge so that is exactly as you want it.

2. (Make sure you have the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin installed) Backup your docker data | MAKE SURE TO LEAVE DELUGE ON | (either backup all the dockers or just deluge).

3. Navigate to your backup, unzip the backup, copy the entire deluge docker backup folder.

4. In UnRaid, stop the deluge container, remove the container (make sure your have 'also remove the image' is checked)

5. Navigate to your Docker data/share (make sure deluge is shut down and removed). Delete the entire deluge docker folder. Paste in the deluge docker folder you copied from step 3.

6. In UnRaid, add container, navigate your ('my') containers, select the deluge one, assuming all settings are correct, hit apply.

7. Deluge will probs auto start, and you should be good to go!

I have the same issue, the default plugins of Extractor and Label does not stick as activated after a restart of the container. The above workaround did not work for me. But I'm unsure I actually got it right.  @PieQuest, do you really mean the data folder, not the config folder?

Anyway, did someone found any solution to this?

I moved from linuxserver's deluge to this one as I had other problems with that one... WebGUI was not working if not sticking to version 1.3.15 (I think it was).

docker-install.txt docker-log.txt

1 hour ago, UnspokenDrop7 said:

I have the same issue, the default plugins of Extractor and Label does not stick as activated after a restart of the container. The above workaround did not work for me. But I'm unsure I actually got it right.  @PieQuest, do you really mean the data folder, not the config folder?

Anyway, did someone found any solution to this?

I moved from linuxserver's deluge to this one as I had other problems with that one... WebGUI was not working if not sticking to version 1.3.15 (I think it was).

docker-install.txt 2.04 kB · 0 downloads docker-log.txt 2.43 kB · 0 downloads

see Q3. on how to install plugins correctly, and see Q4. on how to make them stay enabled between restarts:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md

as discussed earlier, keep in mind deluge 1.x plugins will not work with deluge v2.x (latest tagged).

54 minutes ago, binhex said:

see Q3. on how to install plugins correctly, and see Q4. on how to make them stay enabled between restarts:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md

as discussed earlier, keep in mind deluge 1.x plugins will not work with deluge v2.x (latest tagged).

Wonderful, that's the solution! :)

Thank you very much binhex!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i have just had a wierd issue with deluge. i suddenly cant access the webui, i have checked settings in the docker container and even removed and reinstalled the app/container completely. i saw this in the log:

[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

and noticed that in my previous attempts earlier after noticing the issue, it had stuck on this as well. The thing is, now i cant get the webui or the log viewer to display!  Could use some assistance :)

11 hours ago, Draic said:

the latest docker updates python to 3.8 breaking compatibility with deluge plugins. Please stick to python 3.7. 

due to arch being a rolling release (arch used for base docker image), this is actually more tricky than you would think, and as Python 3.8 is now the latest stable version its more a case that plugin developers need to update their plugins to work with 3.8.

having said that, if you want to stick with a version running python 3.7 whilst the devs play catchup then you can simply use a tagged version, 2.0.3-1-08 should do it, if you are unsure how to reference a tagged version then please see q5 from the link below:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

Edited by binhex
10 hours ago, neon_phoenix said:

Thanks for the reply, binhex! Having said that:

"This repository doesn't have any tags that have "2.0.3-1-08" in their names."

What about maybe 2.0.3-2-01?? Closest to what you recommended.

sorry my bad, i was looking at tags for delugevpn, for this image you need tag '2.0.3-1-02'

I was just checking my Unraid Logs before and i'm getting the below error appearing every few seconds.

Nov 29 21:37:25 Tower nginx: 2019/11/29 21:37:25 [crit] 8534#8534: *7654 connect() to unix:/var/tmp/binhex-deluge.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.2.5, server: , request: "GET /dockerterminal/binhex-deluge/ws HTTP/1.0", upstream: "http://unix:/var/tmp/binhex-deluge.sock:/ws", host: "unraid.mydomain.net"

Thought is might be letsencrypt related so i disabled my Deluge config but it still kept coming up.

So then i thought i would stop deluge all together and it still kept coming up.

Really scratching my head where it is coming from.  Any ideas?

Edited by sauso
28 minutes ago, sauso said:

I was just checking my Unraid Logs before and i'm getting the below error appearing every few seconds.

Nov 29 21:37:25 Tower nginx: 2019/11/29 21:37:25 [crit] 8534#8534: *7654 connect() to unix:/var/tmp/binhex-deluge.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.2.5, server: , request: "GET /dockerterminal/binhex-deluge/ws HTTP/1.0", upstream: "http://unix:/var/tmp/binhex-deluge.sock:/ws", host: "unraid.mydomain.net"

Thought is might be letsencrypt related so i disabled my Deluge config but it still kept coming up.

So then i thought i would stop deluge all together and it still kept coming up.

Really scratching my head where it is coming from.  Any ideas?

Turns out this was Organizr.  Restarting the container fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 3:56 AM, 7thSon said:

I'm not able to set the "Incoming Port" in deluge UI to 58846, it reverts to 0 when I click "apply". Is this intended, or is it some kind of restriction/bug?

Port 58846 is the port the deluge daemon uses. (8112 is the Web UI) You should choose a different unused port if you want to use manual port configuration, making sure to configure those ports in your docker image.

• 1 month later...