[Support] binhex - SABnzbd

8 hours ago, includenull said:

python, python2, python2.7 all seem to be missing from the latest build. I had to force tag v21.0-ls55 to get some of my scripts working again.

not sure what image you are using but it isnt mine (or you arent running those commands inside the container), output from 'latest' tagged binhex/arch-sabnzbd container:-

[root@c3db02944411 /]# python
Python 3.8.1 (default, Dec 21 2019, 20:57:38) 
[GCC 9.2.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> exit()
[root@c3db02944411 /]# python2
Python 2.7.17 (default, Oct 22 2019, 09:14:09) 
[GCC 9.2.0] on linux2
>>> exit()
[root@c3db02944411 /]# python2.7
Python 2.7.17 (default, Oct 22 2019, 09:14:09) 
[GCC 9.2.0] on linux2
>>> exit()
[root@c3db02944411 /]# 

Edited by binhex
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 8:36 AM, Squid said:

Unless you've got an insanely huge amount of RAM in the server, I wouldn't be downloading to RAM.  You basically need twice the amount of free memory as the largest possible download.

Hi @binhex/@Squid,

Thanks for both of yours' excellent work around the community. 👏

I actually am running 128GB RAM in my R720xd. 

I have been able to use RAM as /tmp directory. Problem is I cannot download file larger than half the ram size - 61.6GB Free Space.

I was looking at sabnzbd docs and internet, people have mentioned ArticleCache in (NZBget) setting to be a better way of doing this.

3ykt0iK.png

Is there something similar for sabnzbd, as I do not see any setting in the container myself.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers!

Edited by Shomil Saini
Correct RAM-TEMPFS Size
17 hours ago, Shomil Saini said:

Is there something similar for sabnzbd, as I do not see any setting in the container myself.

i cant comment on the setting for sabnzbd, but there is a way of using more than half your ram by setting up a ramdisk, see the following ramdisk that i use:-

# The following command creates a ramdisk (tmpfs) limited to 5GB in size.
mkdir -p /tmp/sab-ramdisk && mount -t tmpfs -o size=5g tmpfs /tmp/sab-ramdisk

you then create another volume host path /tmp/sab-ramdisk container path /ramdisk, then set sabnzbd to download to /ramdisk, just watch out there is no swap on unraid, so if you hit your memory size then OOM killer will kick in and start randomly killing processes that are deemed 'idle'.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

i cant comment on the setting for sabnzbd, but there is a way of using more than half your ram by setting up a ramdisk, see the following ramdisk that i use:-

# The following command creates a ramdisk (tmpfs) limited to 5GB in size.
mkdir -p /tmp/sab-ramdisk && mount -t tmpfs -o size=5g tmpfs /tmp/sab-ramdisk

you then create another volume host path /tmp/sab-ramdisk container path /ramdisk, then set sabnzbd to download to /ramdisk, just watch out there is no swap on unraid, so if you hit your memory size then OOM killer will kick in and start randomly killing processes that are deemed 'idle'.

This works like a charm, just allocated 96g to /tmp/sab-ramdisk/ 👇

image.thumb.png.084030f46f1d04caf126d3d29dd08d33.png

You are the best, my friend @binhex!

Stay Safe & Cheers! 🍻

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BoiseTech said:

My SABNZBD was running fine, slowed down then stopped downloading altogether. Now the log is cycling this message:

you are in the wrong support thread, this is for the NON vpn version of sabnzbd, please do the following as detailed below:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

and post it here:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44119-support-binhex-sabnzbdvpn/

• Like 1

binhex-sabnzbd has been running fine for ages, recently I changed my server to a Dell r710 and it ran fine for a week or more. 

However today it seems very flaky, when I click on the gui to change something or whatever invariably it pops up "Lost connection to sabnzbd" and after a few 10s of seconds it pops back up but if I click again, it loses connection again. When I start the GUI from the dashboard it takes ages to appear, it used to be nigh on instantaneous.

I managed to pick up this error message

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 670, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 220, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 60, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 127, in internal_wrap
    return wrap_func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 413, in index
    history['slots'], fetched_items, history['noofslots'] = build_history(limit=cfg.history_limit(), output='json')
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 1797, in build_history
    items, fetched_items, total_items = history_db.fetch_history(h_start, h_limit, search, failed_only, categories)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/database.py", line 289, in fetch_history
    res = self.execute(cmd + post, tuple(command_args))
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/database.py", line 132, in execute
    error = str(sys.exc_value)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'exc_value'"

Behind the scenes it seems to be working, I think. 

Any idea on where to look?

Edited by ridley
error in listing
  • 1 month later...

Recently switched over to binhex sabnzbd and I now am seeing this after download of a tv show. Any idea what I did wrong?

" b"Unable to figure out what folder to process. If your downloader and SickGear aren't on the same PC then make sure you fill out your completed TV download folder in the PP config." b"Unable to figure out what folder to process. If your downloader and SickGear aren't on the same PC then make sure you fill out your completed TV download folder in the PP config."

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,  In SABNZBD I am getting "Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak"

I went into the location of the backup file and renamed it to sabnzbd.ini.bak.old.  I saw the system created a new sabnzdb.ini backup file but Sab is still throwing the error. 

I have the cache saving to an unassigned device SSD instead of the array.  I have no issues with SAB except for this error being thrown.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just upgraded my unraid hardware from a i3 7350k to a i5 9600K. With the i3, for large downloads (>30gigs) it would take about 7 minutes to unpack. Using my HTPC that has a i7 4790k running windows 10, that same file would unpack in about 4 minutes.

After upgrading to the i5 in the unraid, I expected that same file to take much less time than the i3, but instead, it took about 11 minutes (4 minutes longer than the i3 that has 2 cores compared to the 6 cores of the i5). Looking at NetData, I have huge peaks in the IO Wait during the unpacking. For my downloads, I download to the a SSD cache and unpack there as well. The docker image is 120GB on a 480GB SSD (the cache) and there is plenty of space on it. I checked the disk writes and only the cache has writes during download and unpacking. Any suggestions on what is going on and how I might fix this?

photo_2020-09-18_18-22-07.jpg

For the past week or so, my DOCKER page has been showing "not available" under the version column for binhex-sabnzbd.  All of my other dockers show that they are up-to-date, or if needing updating, indicate so, until I update them. 

I have attempted to restart my unRAID server, with no change to to the version column; the docker works just fine.  Any suggestions?

dockers.png.919919cc5d88398f75092aea7974ecdc.png

Update: I switched to ADVANCED VIEW on the DOCKER page, did a force update, and things appear to be resolved.  I've been running unRAID for years, and have been using DOCKERS since they became available and have never seen this before.  Any ideas why this happened?

dockers2.png.02487906f37c57325e00272316ac8c96.png

Edited by zcranium

Guys need some help. SABNZB is running fine, download in Incomplete, then moves it to complete folder. So far so good, however it doesn't unpack the files. Everything is there incl. the par's. No error in the log with debugging on, and manual unrar from the cli in the same docker works.

Any clue?

On 8/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, cbr600ds2 said:

So I just installed the UNIFI docker and had it running but when I try to start this docker I get the execution error/server error.  If I turn off the unifi docker it'll let me start the SAB docker.   Has anyone else experienced this?  

unifi and sab use the same port. I changed sab to port 8081

• Like 1

I cant seem to get the performance to where I want it. sabnzbd will level out at 30-50MB/s where it should be able to easily push 90-105MB/s. Currently running on a gigabit connection and have followed everything under the sabnzbd high speed downloading guide. Both the incomplete and complete are on my cache which is 4x400gb SSD in BTRFS raid0. Not sure where else to go to try to raise the speed. I am able to get 80+MB/s on nzbget but much prefer sabnzbd.

Edited by tdunks
added info.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 12:23 AM, tdunks said:

I cant seem to get the performance to where I want it. sabnzbd will level out at 30-50MB/s where it should be able to easily push 90-105MB/s. Currently running on a gigabit connection and have followed everything under the sabnzbd high speed downloading guide. Both the incomplete and complete are on my cache which is 4x400gb SSD in BTRFS raid0. Not sure where else to go to try to raise the speed. I am able to get 80+MB/s on nzbget but much prefer sabnzbd.

i get 107 mb/s with sabnzb, i use multible server providers to get enough speed set to balance. i have 1gb/1gb fiber.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, cbr600ds2 said:

So I just installed the UNIFI docker and had it running but when I try to start this docker I get the execution error/server error.  If I turn off the unifi docker it'll let me start the SAB docker.   Has anyone else experienced this?  

check you ports on these to dockers.