[Support] binhex - SABnzbd

The webgui is showing an update available to 3.1.1, and the link is to https://sabnzbd.org/downloads.html The docker page shows "up-to-date", but I think that's the docker container.

I don't have any issues with sabnzbd at the moment, so I don't see a need to update. But for the future, what is the update process if the webgui shows an update available and I actually want to?

1 hour ago, jeff.lebowski said:

The webgui is showing an update available to 3.1.1, and the link is to https://sabnzbd.org/downloads.html The docker page shows "up-to-date", but I think that's the docker container.

I don't have any issues with sabnzbd at the moment, so I don't see a need to update. But for the future, what is the update process if the webgui shows an update available and I actually want to?

you wait for the docker developer (aka me) to release a new docker image with the latest version and then update via docker 'check for updates'.

Struggling with decreased download speeds while using this docker. I posted on the "General" forum, but so far haven't had any response, other than another user having similar issues.

I recently upgraded to a 1GB internet service and was looking forward to the increase download speeds, however that excitement was tempered when I tested it with SAB. When the download starts the speed immediately ramps up to almost full saturation (1Gb), but just as quickly it reduces and settles to around 200Mbps.

Not certain where to really troubleshoot, but I stopped the unRaid server, booted up in Windows and was able to achieve full bandwidth saturation, downloading using SABnzbd.

Can you offer any suggestions/solutions

• 1 month later...

I am having an odd issue with Sabnzbd beginning this morning - I've had the same setup for months now with no issues. I keep getting the following error when trying to start up the container:

Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-sabnzbd (48d3c0a31a0410c1aae7ccad21ad072b1641d1e7e137d80451110d8cada326a6): Bind for 0.0.0.0:8090 failed: port is already allocated.

I have tried many different ports and get the same issue and it is doing it for both ports. If I change one port it will give me an error on the other port. I removed the container and re installed and still get the same issue. I've checked multiple times and don't have any other services or containers running on these ports.

I am using port 8082 instead of 8080 and have had it setup this way for months now with 0 issues, then this pops up today.

I can't get to any logs because I can't even get the container started.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by semicole

Sabnzbd has suddenly stopped talking to my Sonarr and Radarr for some reason. It was working for months before, nothing has been changed. My server running Unraid has an IP of 10.0.0.100

Radarr says "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, HTTP request failed: [503:ServiceUnavailable] [GET] at [http://10.0.0.100:8080/api?mode=get_config&apikey=2c5a12e457bf46cf9bbc1b0000000038&output=json]"

some numbers in API key changed in case that is sensitive info

seems to be HTTP related but all my settings seem to be correct and have been the same. Any idea why suddenly sabnzbd cant be reached by anything? All dockers are the Binhex ones, and all are the most recent versions. 

image.png.05023549c1c9ef0f4e920af1bbd09fed.png

image.thumb.png.d9f08ce5cf1a45926ed2eb0f4cb84a98.png

I also noticed if I change any values under SABnzbd, it forces me to restart, and once I do, everything is reset back to default upon logging back in. Not sure why. I was trying to turn off HTTPS to check. SSL is off on Radarr/Sonarr. I've also tried changing my API key and no changes. 

Edited by suchamoneypit

All,

I'm having the same issue. All dockers set up as proxynet with ports forwarded. This has been running great for over a year. Now I cant access either of my download clients from sonarr or radarr. I can access both deluge and SABnzbd from the web but neither are reached by sonarr or radarr. Radarr says Unable to communicate with DelugeVPN. The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.2:8112/json' Sonarr says the same.  Saonnar says, Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, HTTP request failed: [503:ServiceUnavailable] [GET] at [http://192.168.1.2:8050/api?mode=get_config&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&output=json] Radarr says the same here as well.

Help Please

brawny had the answer in another thread that helped me.

put simply, check 

Local IPv4 address, under status and interface options (the wrench) in sabnzbd and make sure that they are the same for sonarr and radarr. While you are at it ensure that you haven't changed/generated a new API key as I had, while trying to fix the issue.

Good Luck

Chas

• Thanks 2
On 2/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, helpermonkey said:

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing the GUI - the docker seems to start okay and I'm on Unraid 6.8.3. I'm not entirely sure what's going on but I grabbed this log off the Unraid docker GUI: https://pastebin.com/m1vRwqwC

Any suggestions?

Same problem as you, have been running binhex-sabnzbd for months but as of yesterday cant access GUI but the dockers works fine. Although are running it through binhex-delugeVPN (spaceinvaderon guide) and if i stop that i can access the GUI just fine. 

Log from sabnzbd:
https://pastebin.com/RMsH2sPU

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kysdaddy said:

brawny had the answer in another thread that helped me.

put simply, check 

Local IPv4 address, under status and interface options (the wrench) in sabnzbd and make sure that they are the same for sonarr and radarr. While you are at it ensure that you haven't changed/generated a new API key as I had, while trying to fix the issue.

Good Luck

Chas

That turned out to be my exact problem, thank you for that! Sabnzbd had changed its local IPv4 address to be different and this made the configuration in radarr/sonarr wrong. I updated the "host" IP in the download client settings for sabnzbd to be the local IPv4 address shown in Sabnzbd in the status and interface options and they can now connect. 

Weird how that would just change, but turned out to be an easy fix. Thank you again for the answer, probably saved me a bunch of more time troubleshooting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fix.  Any idea why that changed?  The IP of my Unrad server is a 192.168 IP.  I know Unraid will set up its own internal networks and now Sab is showing a 172.17 IP.  Changing Radarr and Sonarr to check that IP worked, but why did Sab change the IP it was using?  Before updating it was working fine so I assume it was using the 192.168 IP.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a script for this container that does the following? After downloading and the unpack is completed, move related folder and files to a new location?

The problem that I have is I have transcoding jobs watching the sab completed folder but they start running as sabnzb is unpacking so the transcoder jobs start processing on incomplete folders and files ( _unpackxyz folder name for example).

Edited by repomanz

Hello. I have problem which recently developed. Both Radarr and Sonarr are reporting an error: Unable to connect SABnzbd. Lidarr is working fine with the same details for my SABnzbd server. Its been working fine, for well over a year actually, and I have not changed anything with the server.

In the host field I have always had my servers IP address (192.168.1.100) and port 8080 in the port field. But now 192.168.1.100, localhost or 0.0.0.0 all report the same message when I try to test the connection.

The log file has this error.

2021-03-08 12:23:05,405 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Error] Sabnzbd: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

[v2.0.0.5344] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'https://localhost:8080/api?mode=version&apikey=a1467c734a844b9b91d5840ac35cb49a&output=json' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

3 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

Hello. I have problem which recently developed. Both Radarr and Sonarr are reporting an error: Unable to connect SABnzbd. Lidarr is working fine with the same details for my SABnzbd server. Its been working fine, for well over a year actually, and I have not changed anything with the server.

In the host field I have always had my servers IP address (192.168.1.100) and port 8080 in the port field. But now 192.168.1.100, localhost or 0.0.0.0 all report the same message when I try to test the connection.

The log file has this error.

2021-03-08 12:23:05,405 DEBG 'sonarr' stdout output:
[Error] Sabnzbd: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

[v2.0.0.5344] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused): 'https://localhost:8080/api?mode=version&apikey=a1467c734a844b9b91d5840ac35cb49a&output=json' ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

Having the same issue; and when I try to update/change SAB server settings (I think HTTPS getting enabled is the issue, as well as listening ip is back to 0.0.0.0) and hit save, Sab reboots and does not retain the settings, they revert to 0s and HTTPS

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mrdavecoles said:

Having the same issue; and when I try to update/change SAB server settings (I think HTTPS getting enabled is the issue, as well as listening ip is back to 0.0.0.0) and hit save, Sab reboots and does not retain the settings, they revert to 0s and HTTPS

I tried unchecking "Enable HTTPS" however it does not work. It says the change will require a restart. However, when it restarts HTTPS remains enabled.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:32 PM, suchamoneypit said:

Sabnzbd has suddenly stopped talking to my Sonarr and Radarr for some reason

On 2/28/2021 at 1:01 AM, kysdaddy said:

I'm having the same issue. All dockers set up as proxynet with ports forwarded.

8 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

Hello. I have problem which recently developed. Both Radarr and Sonarr are reporting an error: Unable to connect SABnzbd.

hi guys, see this recommended post, its applicable to all the vpn containers i produce and is most probably the source of your issue:- 

1 hour ago, binhex said:

hi guys, see this recommended post, its applicable to all the vpn containers i produce and is most probably the source of your issue:- 

I forced the update on the containers of yours that Im running. Sonarr and Radarr still dont work, though Lidarr does. I have added the line --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" to Sonarr's Extra Parameters field but the Sonarr container has now dissappeared from the list on the Docker tab. I have reinstalled the container but still get  the same message.

I edited the Settings-General-Proxy Settings of Sonarr's config to ignore my server (192.168.1.100). Still getting the same message.

Edited by darrenyorston
24 minutes ago, darrenyorston said:

I have added the line --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" to Sonarr's Extra Parameters field

not sure why you would do that?, its not correct, that is only required for vpn containers not for containers using the proxy.

22 minutes ago, binhex said:

not sure why you would do that?, its not correct, that is only required for vpn containers not for containers using the proxy.

I followed the link you provided. I removed the Extra Parameters field. Q25 does not apply as I can view the UI. Q26 does apply. I have added my unRAID server to the Ignored Addresses field of Sonar's Settings/General Proxy. Error continues. As to Q27; where am I adding the VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS to? Am i adding a variable from the Sonarr docker template config page? This page?

Screenshot 2021-03-08 220402.png

Edited by darrenyorston
10 minutes ago, darrenyorston said:

As to Q27; where am I adding the VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS to? Am i adding a variable from the Sonarr docker template config page? This page?

the 'variable' is created for the vpn container, although unless Q27 applies then you probably will not require it, as you stated above you are only using a proxy right?, so you dont have multiple containers sharing the same vpn network, therefore ONLY Q26 applies for you.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

the 'variable' is created for the vpn container, although unless Q27 applies then you probably will not require it, as you stated above you are only using a proxy right?, so you dont have multiple containers sharing the same vpn network, therefore ONLY Q26 applies for you.

Im running your delugevpn container with privoxy enabled. There doesnt appear to be any issue for Lidarr downloading via your SAB container. I just tested it and its all working fine. Just Sonarr and Radarr reporting the error. So at the moment all I have changed is the Sonarr Settings/General/Proxy Settings field to ignore my server address. Im still getting the message "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings".

3 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

So at the moment all I have changed is the Sonarr Settings/General/Proxy Settings field to ignore my server address. Im still getting the message "Test was aborted due to an error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings".

ok so is sonarr or sabnzbd network bound to a vpn container, or are you simply using privoxy in sonarr?, i just want to be clear on how you have this setup.

edit - also please post a screenshot of sonarr/settings/general proxy section

7 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so is sonarr or sabnzbd network bound to a vpn container, or are you simply using privoxy in sonarr?, i just want to be clear on how you have this setup.

edit - also please post a screenshot of sonarr/settings/general proxy section

Im not sure if this will answer your question.

I have your delugevpn, lidarr, radarr, sonarr, and sabnzbd containers installed. I utilised Spaceinvader1's YT guide to set them up.

Deluge has my VPN enabled (PIA). Privoxy is also enabled though I have not set any browser or PC set to utilise it.

Sonarr, Radarr, and Lidarr all have SAB set as the Download Client. All three had the same SAB config. I made sure all three were the same. They have all been working fine. Lidarr still is, Sonarr and Radarr are running. I can access the UI on all. Lidarr still downloads fine. The others dont.

I attempted to fix the issue by deleting the Sab download client in Radarr's config. I have since attempted to re-add it assuming it may be corrupted in some way.Upon clicking "Test" I am shown the following screen.

radarr.png

To me this seems to indicate a problem with the hosts IP address. I have tried localhost as the address however receive the same error.

I have attached a picture of the Lidarr confg showing the test is successful. Also attached Sonarr proxy settings as requested.

lidarr.png

sonarr settings.png

Edit: So i noted Lidarr wasnt usign a Proxy, hence im assuming why its downloading. Turning off Proxy in Sonarr/Radarr and it works, test successful. With Proxy enabled I receive the error message.

So it seems to me there is a problem with the Proxy path, as it works (including downloading) when Proxy is set to off.

I have not edited my delugevpn container. When Radarr/Sonarr connect to SABnzb does it go through my VPN, as specified in deluge? Could this be why the test fails locally?

Edited by darrenyorston

So I think, think, I may have identified the issue. I was checking the VPN certs and I noticed I have two "binhex-delugevpn" folders in my app data. One has a "." after it. It doesnt have any OpenVPN details. I copied the same Open VPN files into it as is in the similarly named container and now it works. As a result I checked the container details and whilst the container name is "binhex-delugevpn" its AppData Config Path is "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn."

I changed the path to "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn", dropped the "." and now Sonarr and Radarr work with Proxy enabled. I have deleted the appdata folder with the "." at the end of the folder name.

Is there a way for me to check that Sonarr, Radayy, and Lidarr are actually utilising the VPN? I regularly "iknowwhatyoudownloaded" but is there a more specific way?