[Support] binhex - SABnzbd


380 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Is there any configurations available in Sabnzbd that pertains to its behavior with the Cache Disk?
If so, what is the best practice?
Once upon a time, when the biggest downloads were about 40 Gb every thing was smooth.
Nowadays with downloads averaging 60Gb or 70 Gb or even more I always get these alerts about the cache disk being almost full, or another exemple which I think is also connected to the problem, the Direct Unpack doing its job almost until the end and then every thing unpacked is wiped out and the whole verify then unpack process restarts from the beginning.

 

BTW my cache disk is a 240 Gb SSD.

 

Thanks

Link to post
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I too updated the sabnzbd container today and now i cannot access it. Appears to be same as WonkoTheSane.   2017-05-24 19:40:34,503 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output: 2017-05-24 19:40:34,503::ERRO

brawny had the answer in another thread that helped me. put simply, check  Local IPv4 address, under status and interface options (the wrench) in sabnzbd and make sure that they are the sam

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-sabnzbd in the binhex repo. Application: SABnzbd - http://sabnzbd.org/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-sabnzbd/ GitHub: https://

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

change your cache drive to a 1tb - and ensure Mover runs at least once a day - problem solved

But 240 Gb is way over 2 or even 3 of this big downloads in sequence. Isn't there a way to force the mover right after an unpack job? or even force Sabnzbd to write the downloaded files to cache BUT unpack straight to the Raid ?

Link to post
31 minutes ago, xtrips said:

force Sabnzbd to write the downloaded files to cache BUT unpack straight to the Raid

I don't use this but I would be surprised if this wasn't fairly easy to accomplish. Map a path to a cache-no share and somewhere in SAB settings you can probably tell it to use that path for unpacking.

Link to post
I don't use this but I would be surprised if this wasn't fairly easy to accomplish. Map a path to a cache-no share and somewhere in SAB settings you can probably tell it to use that path for unpacking.

Thanks
Any chance the developer of the docker could step in and provide a definitive answer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Link to post
1 hour ago, xtrips said:

Any chance the developer of the docker could step in and provide a definitive answer?

 

Do you know how to do this?

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Map a path to a cache-no share

 

Then, looking at the SAB website, it appears you can specify different folders for incomplete and complete downloads:

 

https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/2.3/folders

 

So, it looks like all the pieces are there for you to try it out for yourself.

Link to post
On 1/18/2019 at 3:05 PM, clinton.hall said:

@binhex

 

Sorry for the confusion created. The nzbToMedia script was recently made python3 compatible, this is why we changed from calling python2 to python.

 

So there should be no issue if python already exists and point to python3.

The reason for Switchblades request for the symlink is that we thought "python" didn't exist. Initially on update of the script, the script failed to run (I believe the issue is that if failed to run within unraid and NOT within the SABnzbd docker). So if it does we don't have any issue. I took me a longtime to figure out the difference between the SABnzbd Docker environment and the root unraid environment.

 

@Switchblade

 

Please test the script after resetting the link to python3

via terminal into docker


ln -sf /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python

@clinton.hall  Looks like something has changed again, the nzbtomedia script is failing.  The only change on my end is binhex pushed a new version of SC last week.  The error is SickBeard: Failed to post-process - Returned log from SickBeard was not as expected.!

 

Sab dl's the file fine and the script does run, rename the file, but post processing request to SC is not working.  The result is the show file is not moved to the tv show directory.  I can run a Manual post processing from SC and it finishes without issues.  Can you please take a look at the nzbtomedia log file and advise?

 

 

Edited by Switchblade
Link to post

Clinton already got back to me and here is the solution if anyone else is having this issue.

 

ok... noy sure what changed there, but it looks as though it is not accepting user/pass and logging you in...

I would suggest trying using API (SC now supports API and it is cleaner)

[SickBeard] [[tv]] apikey =

Just enter the api key from SickChill...

 

After adding the api to the cfg file, it's now working again.

 

Many thanks to Clinton for awesome support and super fast response

 

Link to post

usenet downloaded

Folder name: Gold.Rush.Alaska.S02E18.Judgment.Day.720p.HDTV.x264-MOMENTUM-Obfuscated

File name inside the folder: HQIxnyCquO4f6bxcjykfxw7JBZOnm36P

This is happening a lot lately and I don't know why. But sonarr won't import it. Why is the file name different than the folder name?

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, This is my 1st time messing with this trying to setup Sonar+Sabnzb.

I used this to setup and configure.

 

My problem is that SAB always tries to download to Default Base Folder: /config instead of /data

How/where do I switch that?

Seems like Sonar is also looking at it's own /config path.

 

Thanks!

 

UPDATE:

Ok, I went to SAB in settings under Folders I set Completed Download Folder to /data

Seems like it's working now.

Was that a correct way of fixing this?

 

SAB-Config.PNG

Sonar-Config.PNG

Edited by dimitriz
Link to post
Hi guys, This is my 1st time messing with this trying to setup Sonar+Sabnzb.
I used
 to setup and configure.
 
My problem is that SAB always tries to download to Default Base Folder: /config instead of /data
How/where do I switch that?
Seems like Sonar is also looking at it's own /config path.
 
Thanks!
 
UPDATE:
Ok, I went to SAB in settings under Folders I set Completed Download Folder to /data
Seems like it's working now.
Was that a correct way of fixing this?
 
SAB-Config.thumb.PNG.6e58b988dd0060c3f57e2a5d75b62bd9.PNG
Sonar-Config.thumb.PNG.3ec1f517fe21b1de2d59444261e4cbe6.PNG
Yepp :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Link to post

I have a very weird issue with this container and the binhex-delugevpn container. I have always downloaded at full speed using nordvpn config files, but since a few days ago I have noticed that the speed randomly stays at exactly 1MB/s. It's not that big of a deal, but when this happens, my entire network has a ping of 1000ms. I have never had that issue when downloading at full speed.

 

When I download a large file (10GB) to my cache disk using SSH, the speed is my max and the ping stays normal.

 

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

I have managed to lock myself out of the webUI for binhex-sabnzbd. When I select the WEbUI option I get the message "Access Denied"

 

image.png.e580d37b06ef5282a93e7b3a83f6a6fc.png

 

I've tried deleting the container and re-installing, +/- a reboot just in case, however my idiocy appears to have reached new heights.

 

Is there anyway around this?  I can delete the container again, but there seems to be something else I need to do to clear the block

 

Thanks for the help

 

 

Link to post

Any password would be stored within /mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/someFilenameIDon'tKnowSinceIDontRunSab

 

You would have to edit that particular file, or delete the entire folder and reset up Sab

Link to post
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Any password would be stored within /mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/someFilenameIDon'tKnowSinceIDontRunSab

 

You would have to edit that particular file, or delete the entire folder and reset up Sab 

Thank you Squid!!

Link to post

I'm having an issue with Sab saving my settings. I moved my Unraid Server to another house recently as I just upgraded my internet to Gigabit Fiber, I tried to change the Line Speed setting, but it will not save. Could it possibly be something to do with permissions to edit changed after I moved the server? I even tried removing Sab and reinstalling but still have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
  • 2 months later...

I am having a similar issue to the person above me. Everytime my sabnzbd restarts it loses everything and comes up unconfigured. According to the logs its having problems saving the sabnzbd.ini.bak file but I checked as I made edits this last time and not only did the timestamp on that file change but the size increased. Below is what the event log for sabnzbd is throwing. I found multiple posts about linux ACLs but I ran getfacl on the directories and that file and see no special ACLs and everything is set to 777.

thanks

 



2019-11-03 01:08:04,298 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:04,297::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'

2019-11-03 01:08:04,297 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:04,296::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak


2019-11-03 01:08:04,298 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:04,297::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'

2019-11-03 01:08:37,341 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:37,340::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

 

Link to post
On 8/6/2019 at 4:19 PM, maz3ty said:

I'm having an issue with Sab saving my settings. I moved my Unraid Server to another house recently as I just upgraded my internet to Gigabit Fiber, I tried to change the Line Speed setting, but it will not save. Could it possibly be something to do with permissions to edit changed after I moved the server? I even tried removing Sab and reinstalling but still have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

can you send me a screenshot of your unraid docker web ui for this container, left click the icon, select edit, toggle 'advanced view' top right and then screenshot and attach here.

Link to post
On 11/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, Ortoch said:

I am having a similar issue to the person above me. Everytime my sabnzbd restarts it loses everything and comes up unconfigured. According to the logs its having problems saving the sabnzbd.ini.bak file but I checked as I made edits this last time and not only did the timestamp on that file change but the size increased. Below is what the event log for sabnzbd is throwing. I found multiple posts about linux ACLs but I ran getfacl on the directories and that file and see no special ACLs and everything is set to 777.

thanks

 




2019-11-03 01:08:04,298 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:04,297::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'

2019-11-03 01:08:04,297 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:04,296::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak


2019-11-03 01:08:04,298 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:04,297::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'

2019-11-03 01:08:37,341 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2019-11-03 01:08:37,340::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

 

can you send me a screenshot of your unraid docker web ui for this container, left click the icon, select edit, toggle 'advanced view' top right and then screenshot and attach here.

 

Link to post
15 hours ago, binhex said:

can you send me a screenshot of your unraid docker web ui for this container, left click the icon, select edit, toggle 'advanced view' top right and then screenshot and attach here.

 

Sure thing here you go. I basically deployed it with zero changes to the config except one which is that the appdata folder is on a unattached device SSD that I use for all my appdata folders for faster speeds.


image.thumb.png.ede5bf236ddbde596487928124e9ade4.png
image.png.d5181d1e50947afaba2cf6656050ca20.png

 

Also one more thing I noticed later is that when I first install the SABnzbd docker it reloads to 172.17.0.2:8080 which is unreachable but then when I go to the correct IP on my network it works and asks me to configure.  I see this on my docker container main page:
image.thumb.png.23098864654f9c4aa5d30cee91cd4e89.png

Hope that helps thanks for looking into it :)

Edited by Ortoch
added more info
Link to post

Second seperate issue so I made a second post but I have been unable to see speeds above 30MB/s with this docker and my old Freenas setup with sabnzbd (not your version just a standalone app on a ubuntu 16 server) was almost always between 80-90MB/s. Is there any reason for that? 

Test transfer to the system from my PC upstairs
image.png.a7208c40e1c3dfa085b68929dfa3f73e.png
Test download through sabnzbd 
image.png.bb351150bbdd463a13d7b12747ed6e96.pngimage.png
Speedtest of network (with tons of stuff running not clean)
image.png.260817dc545368445582910fa52af365.png

 

Edited by Ortoch
Link to post
11 hours ago, Ortoch said:

Sure thing here you go. I basically deployed it with zero changes to the config except one which is that the appdata folder is on a unattached device SSD that I use for all my appdata folders for faster speeds.


image.thumb.png.ede5bf236ddbde596487928124e9ade4.png
image.png.d5181d1e50947afaba2cf6656050ca20.png

 

Also one more thing I noticed later is that when I first install the SABnzbd docker it reloads to 172.17.0.2:8080 which is unreachable but then when I go to the correct IP on my network it works and asks me to configure.  I see this on my docker container main page:
image.thumb.png.23098864654f9c4aa5d30cee91cd4e89.png

Hope that helps thanks for looking into it :)

yep you def do have permissions issues, note the directory listing shows user 'root' group 'root' is the owner:-

 

image.png.f365ea41fcf36ca25d92f7f8ae792076.png

 

whereas the container is configured to use PUID value of 99, which equates to user 'nobody' and PGID of 100, which equates to a group name of 'users'.

 

so to fix this stop the container, then delete the file /config/perms.txt and then start the container, this will reset permissions for this container only to the correct values.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.