[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

this morning SAB w/ wireguard would not connect even though it has been working fine for months.  so then changed back to OVPN and worked flawlessly but slower.  kept getting this error:  "Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token..."  will retest tomorrow.  suspect PIA was messing server side.

4 hours ago, DoItMyselfToo said:

this morning SAB w/ wireguard would not connect even though it has been working fine for months.  so then changed back to OVPN and worked flawlessly but slower.  kept getting this error:  "Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token..."  will retest tomorrow.  suspect PIA was messing server side.

Same here ....

11 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

Something's broken my SAB after months of flawless running tonight i get 'insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory'

Anyone any ideas?

I have no torrenting, pure usenet discussions for me.

Nothing has changed and i've no idea how to sort this iptable_mango.ko out .... it's preventing anything from moving on in the setup chain.

Edit ... I called the fix command shown in the San log and managed to get past the operable missing problem but am now seeing the same problems as others in that my pia JSON file is unobtainable so San won't start with wireguard. I suppose I have to sit this out for someone to identify the problem. 

Just checked and it's working aok again. I don't have any Privoxy routing at all. That's new to me. Should I be using Privoxy, what protection over and above using binhexs app does it provide?

Hello -

I want to start by saying I am new to all of this fun stuff Unraid has to offer. I recently download this docker and had everything running smoothly. I did the ultimate no no and was messing around with the settings. Without knowing exactly what I did I am no longer allowed to open the WEBUI. Its telling me "access denied". I looked around in console but I am afraid I will mess something up worse. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!!

4 hours ago, Drew4 said:

Hello -

I want to start by saying I am new to all of this fun stuff Unraid has to offer. I recently download this docker and had everything running smoothly. I did the ultimate no no and was messing around with the settings. Without knowing exactly what I did I am no longer allowed to open the WEBUI. Its telling me "access denied". I looked around in console but I am afraid I will mess something up worse. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!!

it will depend on what you 'messed with' as to the solution, you can see your set options in the file /config/sabnzbd.ini (where /config is a mapping to a host path location), if you cant work out what it is you set then you can simply delete all files and folder for /config for this container and restart it to get you back to a clean state.

Hi Binhex.

Recently, the sabnzbd container started griping about unrar version 0.00.

I noticed that the options to unpack + delete no longer work and downloads are not be extracted.

I've validated that the container has `par2cmdline` as well as `unrar`.

Do you know what this issue is?

I can run unrar from inside the container no issue, but sab seems to think I have version 0.00 and it wont extract.

How can I disable IPTables entirely for this docker? Including anytime the docker gets updated in the future. I am using my upstream firewall to do all of my blocking for me as that method is working very well for me and I can guarantee the traffic that is passed through upstream.

1 hour ago, UNRAID5 said:

How can I disable IPTables entirely for this docker? Including anytime the docker gets updated in the future. I am using my upstream firewall to do all of my blocking for me as that method is working very well for me and I can guarantee the traffic that is passed through upstream.

switch to sabnzbd (no vpn) or simply set VPN_ENABLED to 'no'.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having an issue getting Privoxy to work with this container.  I currently have 3 of your docker containers set up, and 2 of them work just fine, including the privoxy.  They are all set up the same for VPN connection, PIA via Wireguard.  The VPN connection does work and connects fine.  the rest of the docker functions all work fine.

I have the privoxyvpn and qbittorrentvpn ones working fine.  But when I enable privoxy in the sabnzbdvpn docker, I get get this endless stream in the logs.  Is there anything else I can test/check to see why privoxy wont start with just this one?  In an attempt to get it to work I even deleted the docker and the template, to download a brand new fresh copy, but it didnt help.

redacted debug enabled log attached

supervisord.log

Edited by mattekure
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I have used this container for some time with out issues and love it! Having said that I hate PIA and decided to change to a deal by CYBERGHOST VPN but I am a bit confused on how to setit up with this container,

I have set vpn username and vpn password to cyberghost user and pass.

Container Variable: VPN_PROV to custom

Container Variable: VPN_CLIENT openvpn

Went to cyberghost and configured device and downloaded configuration below are the files in the zip:

ca.crt

client.crt

client.key

openvpn.ovpn

This is where I am lost where do I place these files and what name should they be given?

Any help will really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Vic

4 hours ago, NeoSys said:

This is where I am lost where do I place these files and what name should they be given?

the name is not that important, the location is, you need to remove all files/folders in /config/openvpn/ then copy your new ones into there, then restart the container.

15 minutes ago, binhex said:

the name is not that important, the location is, you need to remove all files/folders in /config/openvpn/ then copy your new ones into there, then restart the container.

Binhex I am really confused I can not find that folder. What I have is appdata/binhex-sabnzdvpn inside I have three folders admin Downloads and logs

5 minutes ago, NeoSys said:

Binhex I am really confused I can not find that folder. What I have is appdata/binhex-sabnzdvpn inside I have three folders admin Downloads and logs

that is odd, ok can you left click edit and screenshot and attach here, remove any sensitive info before you screenshot.

I started receiving this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/supervisor/loggers.py", line 102, in emit
self.stream.write(msg)
OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

I'm assuming this is writing to /config. df is reporting that /config is 100% full, but there is still over 200 GB free on that mount. No other mounts are full.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:46 PM, huladaddy said:

I started receiving this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/supervisor/loggers.py", line 102, in emit
self.stream.write(msg)
OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

I'm assuming this is writing to /config. df is reporting that /config is 100% full, but there is still over 200 GB free on that mount. No other mounts are full.

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:22 PM, Squid said:

I'd guess it's writing to docker.img.  Is that full or mounted read/only?

docker.img is mounted read/write. I have a bunch of other containers that are working just fine.

This is the error I see inside Sabnzbd:

Saving /config/admin/postproc2.sab failed

How to I use a different port from 8080? It's already in use by another container (Swag). 

I tried changing it in the docker config (Host port 1). I tried deleting that port and adding it back in.

I tried editing sabnzbd.ini and changing 8080 to 8787. When I restart the container, the config file gets overwritten with 8080.

No matter what I try, it keeps using 8080 (and the long says "listening on port 8080").

Do I have to use 8080? Am I just not understanding how to set this up?

Thanks.

Hey all,

Recently updated to 6.9.1(and subsequently 6.9.2) I was running 6.8 for a while now and am having issues with sabnzbdvpn starting with vpn enabled. If I go in an set VPN to 'no' it boots up fine. I tried both openvpn and wireguard and no luck. I tried a different sabnzbdvpn and was running into the same issues so I feel like there must be something within unraid that needs to be updated or modified but I am just at a lost for what it might be. I am attaching my debug log for sabnzbdvpn to hopefully get a bit more information.

Thanks

EDIT: Fixed it by just using the https port. Im an idiot. Leaving this completely up for visibility.

supervisord.log

Edited by Wheels35
Solution

Am not sure if I'm leaking DNS info. I just checked and this was the result:

(I'm using Torguard, and that IP is a Torguard IP)

(I used this tool.)

Your IP:
45.128.36.XXX [United States of America AS9009 M247 Ltd]

You use 4 DNS servers:
108.162.218.141 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]
172.70.109.93 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]
172.70.109.125 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]
172.70.113.21 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]

Conclusion:
DNS may be leaking.

Thoughts about this?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, volcs0 said:

Am not sure if I'm leaking DNS info. I just checked and this was the result:

(I'm using Torguard, and that IP is a Torguard IP)

(I used this tool.)

Your IP:
45.128.36.XXX [United States of America AS9009 M247 Ltd]

You use 4 DNS servers:
108.162.218.141 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]
172.70.109.93 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]
172.70.109.125 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]
172.70.113.21 [United States of America AS13335 CloudFlare Inc]

Conclusion:
DNS may be leaking.

Thoughts about this?

Thanks.

im assuming you ran the tool from within the sabnzbdvpn container right?, the only query your isp could see is a single query to resolve the vpn endpoint, after that all dns queries are resolved down the vpn tunnel, all external queries are blocked so there wont be any dns leakage, i think that tool is assuming that because your public ip and the name server ip's dont match that there is potential for leakage, this is not true.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

im assuming you ran the tool from within the sabnzbdvpn container right?, the only query your isp could see is a single query to resolve the vpn endpoint, after that all dns queries are resolved down the vpn tunnel, all external queries are blocked so there wont be any dns leakage, i think that tool is assuming that because your public ip and the name server ip's dont match that there is potential for leakage, this is not true.

Yes, I ran it from within the sabnzbdvpn console. 

I'm running several other containers through this one as well (Radarr, Sonarr, Firefox), so I just wanted to make sure that the connection was secure as possible.

I had to enter those ports (e.g., 7878, 8989) in the VPN input ports and VPN output ports to get it to work --- is this OK from a security standpoint?

My settings are attached.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. It's very much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.50.22 AM.png

42 minutes ago, volcs0 said:

I had to enter those ports (e.g., 7878, 8989) in the VPN input ports and VPN output ports to get it to work

i would question why you need all of these ports to be in both VPN_INPUT_PORTS and VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS, this is an unlikely requirement.

You should only define VPN_INPUT_PORTS when you need another docker container OUTSIDE of the vpn network to access a container running INSIDE the vpn, or you want to access the web ui interface for the app (common).

You should only define VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS when you need a docker container running INSIDE the vpn to access a container running OUTSIDE the vpn, for example sonarr inside vpn talking to plex outside of the vpn.

I suspect that you have resorted to defining both in and out ports in order to allow each container to talk to each other inside the vpn, if this is the case then you are doing it wrong, see FAQ Q24 'Notes':https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

i would question why you need all of these ports to be in both VPN_INPUT_PORTS and VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS, this is an unlikely requirement.

You should only define VPN_INPUT_PORTS when you need another docker container OUTSIDE of the vpn network to access a container running INSIDE the vpn.

You should only define VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS when you need a docker container running INSIDE the vpn to access a container running OUTSIDE the vpn.

I suspect that you have resorted to defining both in and out ports in order to allow each container to talk to each other inside the vpn, if this is the case then you are doing it wrong, see FAQ Q24 'Notes':https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

I'll look at the FAQ, since I clearly am missing the mark here. I had it all working with Radarr and Sonarr not using the VPN provided by sabnabdvpn. I just wanted to add a little more security, so I messed with it to have them leverage the VPN. But then I couldn't get the Radarr and Sonarr interfaces up until I added those VPN in and out ports. But I will try to read and learn more about this. Thank you for your patience.