[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

9 hours ago, Darren Cook said:

Has something changed in the last update?

Was getting random 'unable to resolve server.newshostserver.domain' and downloads would randomly stop.

just changed DNS to cloudflare to see if this resolves it, but now i just keep getting in a loop of trying to connect to VPN then times out then tries again and again.....?

Even tried replacing PIA server with another, same issue with multiple?

Debug log attached.... also checked firewall for the PIA ip, no matches blocked.

supervisord.log 85.09 kB · 0 downloads

FIxed: Downloaded new openvpn config files reference a IP (91.90.121.230) rather than the older config that references uk-manchester.privacy.network (domain).

Restored old PIA config files from 4 months back. works fine with DNS changed to cloudflare, new config files do not. very weird? not sure as to why? as i downloaded them from PIA site.

ping uk-manchester.privacy.network

Pinging uk-manchester.privacy.network [45.133.172.215] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 45.133.172.215: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=51
Reply from 45.133.172.215: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=51
Reply from 45.133.172.215: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=51
Reply from 45.133.172.215: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 45.133.172.215:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 40ms, Average = 34ms

ping 91.90.121.230

Pinging 91.90.121.230 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 81.92.206.162: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 91.90.121.230:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

For what it's worth I've been having the same issues. Newshosting will usually resolve after 10 minutes but my alternate one continuously fails to resolve. 

• Upvote 1
On 1/7/2023 at 6:27 AM, binhex said:

Change the values for name_servers, the pia name servers are junk, start with IP 209, so remove both from the list.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

any further thoughts? I have taken it down to just using 1.1.1.1 for my VPN and I still cant get into the gui, when I select WebUI in UnRAID a tab opens tohttp://192.168.1.10:8080 and the web gui does not load and I still get This site can’t be reached

10 hours ago, ozzyc said:

log attached

its all a bit above my head, but I did scroll through it and it sounds like I must have a wrong config somewhere causing the connection to be reset, I noticed 'SIGHUP[soft,connection-reset] received, process restarting' repeating

supervisord.log 53.79 kB · 0 downloads

something is causing a reset on the vpn provider end, from your log:-

2023-01-15 16:55:34 Connection reset, restarting [-1]
2023-01-15 16:55:34 SIGHUP[soft,connection-reset] received, process restarting

you need to try another endpoint, that one looks broken, you are currently using:-

us-chi.torguard.com

19 hours ago, binhex said:

something is causing a reset on the vpn provider end, from your log:-

2023-01-15 16:55:34 Connection reset, restarting [-1]
2023-01-15 16:55:34 SIGHUP[soft,connection-reset] received, process restarting

you need to try another endpoint, that one looks broken, you are currently using:-

us-chi.torguard.com

Tried a different server, seems like the server connects but still no UI

supervisord.log

12 hours ago, binhex said:

thats a clean log, no issues there, what is the ip of the machine running the web browser that you are attempting to connect to the sab web ui?

The machine I am running the web browser on uses DHCP and is currently on 192.168.1.121 

The UnRAID machine is static on 192.168.1.10

10 hours ago, ozzyc said:

The machine I am running the web browser on uses DHCP and is currently on 192.168.1.121 

The UnRAID machine is static on 192.168.1.10

ok thats fine, try the following:-

1. try a different browser on the same machine

2. try a different machine on your lan

3. check proxy is NOT set in browser

what is the url you are using to attempt connection to the web ui?

On 1/14/2023 at 7:05 AM, Darren Cook said:

Did you change dns to cloudflare or opendns? Seems to have sorted my dns issue.

So I just modified my PIA openvpn config to point to the IP instead of the host name for the VPN server but still having the failed to resolve message. 

I'm a bit of a networking noob, did you change your DNS settings on your router or is this a configuration specific to your Unraid machine/Sab docker? 

13 hours ago, binhex said:

ok thats fine, try the following:-

1. try a different browser on the same machine

2. try a different machine on your lan

3. check proxy is NOT set in browser

what is the url you are using to attempt connection to the web ui?

Have been using chrome on my desktop,

tried safari on my phone and I get ‘safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server’

normally I navigate to 192.168.1.10 to get to UnRAID > docker tab > SAB icon > WebUI 

this opens a new tab to 192.168.1.10:8080

i also tried just manually specifying 192.168.1.10:8080

all I can think is if something else is fighting for port 8080?

maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but when I look at docker allocations I don’t see anything using 8080

Or maybe I need to add a new port from container port 8080 to host port 8080?

Added some screenshots 

992D7F9C-75D1-43FE-85C4-966DDDBA7A0B.png

140B2461-5299-4B6E-BC52-A938117FC077.jpeg

9 hours ago, ozzyc said:

maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but when I look at docker allocations I don’t see anything using 8080

well looking at your screenshot i see no sign of port 8080 either!, so either those screenshots are trimmed or you have switched the port or even deleted the port from the container. can you do the following:-

1. edit the container

2. change something, then change it back to what it was

3. click on apply at the bottom

4. copy and paste the text in the 'command execution' section here

On 1/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, BudgetAudiophile said:

Thanks! Sorry, one more dumb question...in this scenario would I replace all of the IPs in the NAME_SERVERS variable with the new DNS servers or just add in the additional IPs? 

Replace all of the IPs with the DNS servers you want to use. I currently have 1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1 in mine.

• Thanks 1
On 1/20/2023 at 3:18 AM, binhex said:

well looking at your screenshot i see no sign of port 8080 either!, so either those screenshots are trimmed or you have switched the port or even deleted the port from the container. can you do the following:-

1. edit the container

2. change something, then change it back to what it was

3. click on apply at the bottom

4. copy and paste the text in the 'command execution' section here

No clue what happened but I tested manually adding a port 8080 and everything is back... but I appreciate all your help, there were obviously other issues going on before trying that

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have this docker enabled with PIA VPN. Over the last few weeks I've noticed I've been getting ignored/connection warnings pop up every now and then. One time I tried disabling the VPN and obviously started up right away. After that I turned it back on and it kept going as well. Anything I can do to get these warnings to stop? 

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 9.54.05 AM.png

Today my server upgraded to SABnzbd.py-3.7.2 and now sabnzbd is unreachable. Log is just full of the attached image.

I went to ExpressVPN site, downloaded new .ovpn file just to see if related, no change.

Set VPN to No on sabnzbd container and it booted no issue.

Seems there might be an issue with SABnzbd.py-3.7.2 ?

image.thumb.png.32e510e57f718912182f62753c8a48f9.png

2 hours ago, Sanborn said:

Today my server upgraded to SABnzbd.py-3.7.2 and now sabnzbd is unreachable. Log is just full of the attached image.

I went to ExpressVPN site, downloaded new .ovpn file just to see if related, no change.

Set VPN to No on sabnzbd container and it booted no issue.

image.thumb.png.32e510e57f718912182f62753c8a48f9.png

Same error I'm getting. I'm using PIA.

Rolled back to previous version and fixed the issue.

8 hours ago, Sanborn said:

6 hours ago, theedon323 said:

Same error I'm getting. I'm using PIA.

its nothing to do with sabnzbd, openvpn has deprecated some of the options a while ago, it has now ended the deprecation and will now return an error if the option exists in your openvpn config file.

not sure if you have the EXACT same issue as there was a ton of options removed, but for you @Sanborn look at your openvpn config file for 'keysize' and remove that line, it looks to be on line 20 i think.

19 hours ago, binhex said:

its nothing to do with sabnzbd, openvpn has deprecated some of the options a while ago, it has now ended the deprecation and will now return an error if the option exists in your openvpn config file.

not sure if you have the EXACT same issue as there was a ton of options removed, but for you @Sanborn look at your openvpn config file for 'keysize' and remove that line, it looks to be on line 20 i think.

This fixed it, thanks!