[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

I can't seem to access the webui from outside my lan like I have been able to previously when I have installed sabnzbd on other non-unraid machines. I am able to access the webui of a bunch of other dockers, and I understand the port mapping etc. I just can't access this webui. Is it something to do with the VPN aspect of this docker. Can you please help?

I can't seem to access the webui from outside my lan like I have been able to previously when I have installed sabnzbd on other non-unraid machines. I am able to access the webui of a bunch of other dockers, and I understand the port mapping etc. I just can't access this webui. Is it something to do with the VPN aspect of this docker. Can you please help?

added a FAQ for this, please see post #2 FAQ Q1.

I'm having an issue getting SABVPN to start. This is also happening with my binhex SickBeard container. I removed the container and image and reloaded from the most recent. I don't have a perms.txt in the config directory.

Here's the error I'm getting -

[info] Env var PUID defined as 99

[info] Env var PGID defined as 100

[info] Setting permissions recursively on /config...

I do not have those variables set right now, but couldn't find anywhere listing what they would need to be set to.

Any help is appreciated.

So what is the difference between this one and the non VPN?  Does this support VPN like PIA?  If I use SSL why do I need VPN?

Only difference is the VPN. PIA is the primary service it's written to support, other services may be able to be used as well. SSL conceals the content of what is downloaded, a VPN conceals the endpoint. With SSL, your internet provider knows you download x GB of content from your usenet provider, with VPN they only know there was X GB flowing from a generic endpoint, possibly in another country.

If your usenet provider doesn't keep any download logs, I see no real advantage to a VPN over SSL. Opinions differ, so the option is available.

I'm having an issue getting SABVPN to start. This is also happening with my binhex SickBeard container. I removed the container and image and reloaded from the most recent. I don't have a perms.txt in the config directory.

Here's the error I'm getting -

[info] Env var PUID defined as 99

[info] Env var PGID defined as 100

[info] Setting permissions recursively on /config...

I do not have those variables set right now, but couldn't find anywhere listing what they would need to be set to.

Any help is appreciated.

I rebuilt my Docker image and it fixed this problem. I don't think the image was full, but all seems to be working again.

Thanks for the good work binhex.

So if I already have binhex SAB installed all I need to do is uninstall it and install this and my setting should stay them same correct?

yep, just point the /config at the same path, you will need to switch on Advanced view though in order to configure the additional env variables required for the vpn provider.

Only SAB will be going though the VPN not any of my other programs I have running like Plex, sonar etc correct?

correct

• 2 weeks later...

New to unRaid (about 30min ago!) but have my array setup, dockers for Sonarr, Plex, CP and SabNZBvpn running. Got Sab running fine, can access it via hostname:8080 but I can't get Sonarr to see it, just says unable to connect if I put hostname or IP... I'm guessing I'm missing something?

Thanks

Hmm actually its not just a SABnzb issue, looks like my containers can't talk to each other even by IP? Plex Requests can't see Sonarr or CouchPotato.... hmmmm.

What ip are you specifying when configuring the link, it should be the IP address of your unraid host and the port number you specified on the host side for the docker configuration, is that what your specifying?

Loading config from /mnt/cache/docker/apps/sabnzbdvpn/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: http://192.168.1.5:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName="Random_TV_Show"
Unable to open URL:  [Errno socket error] [Errno 110] Connection timed out

getting this now that I have switched over to SABnzbdVPN

will this docker be able to communicate with the SickBeard docker above since it is running over a VPN?  What is the solution?

Thanks.

New to UnRAID, just started installing dockers for all applications (CP, SR, plex, etc). I installed SABnzbd fine and works correctly, but when I try to install SABnzbdVPN, nothing ever downloads, just a blank screen trying to add a container. Yet, a refresh shows the container available on the Dashboard, but clicking on the webGUI locks up the whole OS.

Thoughts? Is it the VPN timing out trying to connect? The container won't download?

Help please. Thanks!

New to UnRAID, just started installing dockers for all applications (CP, SR, plex, etc). I installed SABnzbd fine and works correctly, but when I try to install SABnzbdVPN, nothing ever downloads, just a blank screen trying to add a container. Yet, a refresh shows the container available on the Dashboard, but clicking on the webGUI locks up the whole OS.

Thoughts? Is it the VPN timing out trying to connect? The container won't download?

Help please. Thanks!

Which VPN provider are you using? Are you sure you entered your username and password correctly in the docker setup advanced view?

Help please. Thanks!

Which VPN provider are you using? Are you sure you entered your username and password correctly in the docker setup advanced view?

PIA. Yes, I entered in all my credentials, port number, connection type, desired server, etc

I just tried NzbgetVPN with the same results. Trying to start up both SABnzbdVPN and NzbgetVPN using my PIA vpn locks up the whole system (webGUI, SSH, Ping,), but all my active dockers are still online and accessible. 

Finally installed the Powerdown plugin for a clean shutdown, but this is ridiculous!

Is there any way to use a system wide VPN rather than these docker specific VPN templates?

Thanks.

Loading config from /mnt/cache/docker/apps/sabnzbdvpn/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: http://192.168.1.5:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName="Random_TV_Show"
Unable to open URL:  [Errno socket error] [Errno 110] Connection timed out

getting this now that I have switched over to SABnzbdVPN

will this docker be able to communicate with the SickBeard docker above since it is running over a VPN?  What is the solution?

Thanks.

I can run this command manually from a workstation on the same LAN with success (http://192.168.1.5:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName="Random_TV_Show")

anyone?

I just updated this docker, and am still running unRAID 6.1.9.  When the docker restarted, all of my downloads were lost.  I repaired the queue, and they all came back, but it won't download.  I checked the settings, and my password had gotten jacked up.  I corrected, then tested the connection, and it's fine.

But, i'm still getting these messages in the SABnzbd log...

2016-03-19 12:59:13,498 ERROR: Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

2016-03-19 12:58:40,475 ERROR: Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

2016-03-19 12:58:16,274 ERROR: Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

2016-03-19 12:58:07,449 ERROR: Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

I've not looked too hard yet, but it seems to be some sort of permissions issue.  I'm going to reboot the server now, but wanted to document this in case there is something that needs fixed that a reboot won't cure.