[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

reboot didn't fix it.

deleting the perms.txt file in the /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbdvpn folder didn't fix it.

deleting the sabnzbd.ini.bak file did seem to fix it.  This file has since been recreated and i no longer see the messages in the log.

There was recently a massive change in version number for sab, it's very possible some things don't migrate over OK from the 0.x series to 1.x

Tested this out using a free trail from VyperVPN and was happy with the results so I decided to join an OpenVPN service. Choose PureVPN and changed the setup but now I get this error and can't connect to the WebGUI.

2016-03-22 17:30:02,007 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Tue Mar 22 17:30:02 2016 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Tue Mar 22 17:30:02 2016 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.

2016-03-22 17:30:02,008 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Tue Mar 22 17:30:02 2016 WARNING: file 'Wdc.key' is group or others accessible

Any help appreciated.

Tested this out using a free trail from VyperVPN and was happy with the results so I decided to join an OpenVPN service. Choose PureVPN and changed the setup but now I get this error and can't connect to the WebGUI.

Tue Mar 22 17:30:02 2016 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Tue Mar 22 17:30:02 2016 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.

2016-03-22 17:30:02,008 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Tue Mar 22 17:30:02 2016 WARNING: file 'Wdc.key' is group or others accessible

Any help appreciated.

See FAQ Q1 in post #2 of this thread regards issue with mangle support.

Loading config from /mnt/cache/docker/apps/sabnzbdvpn/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: http://192.168.1.5:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName="Random_TV_Show"
Unable to open URL:  [Errno socket error] [Errno 110] Connection timed out

getting this now that I have switched over to SABnzbdVPN

will this docker be able to communicate with the SickBeard docker above since it is running over a VPN?  What is the solution?

Thanks.

I can run this command manually from a workstation on the same LAN with success (http://192.168.1.5:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName="Random_TV_Show")

anyone?

no one is having this issue with post processing?  this only begun after switching over to the version running under vpn.  my assumption is that it is unable to connect back to the lan from the docker container running under vpn (could be way off though)

having to manually post process everything which works fine from a pc on the lan

I just updated the docker again, since there was a pending update, but I'm still running version 0.8.x

Is there some reason no to update to version 1.0?  I think they list it as the current stable version on their support site.

i think .8 and 1. are the same.

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/introducing-1-0-0

We decided to rename 0.8.0 to 1.0.0, in order to start using a common release numbering method.

Hi,

have just tried installing this multiple time with no luck.

Fairly sure I'm setting it up correctly.

Enter in all of the variable etc.

It only shows up in docker if I enable advanced view, and then it doesn't have the image or name, only the author/repo.

Only option given is to remove.

I checked the directory I specified for the config and there is nothing in it.

Any ideas? Let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the same thing happens with DelugeVPN

Hi,

It only shows up in docker if I enable advanced view, and then it doesn't have the image or name, only the author/repo.

Thanks.

How are you trying to install it?  Through Community Applications or via Select Template?

Hi,

Thanks.

How are you trying to install it?  Through Community Applications or via Select Template?

NEVER MIND! The path I was using for one of the directories included a space... Thanks anyway! :)

Hi,

Thanks.

NEVER MIND! The path I was using for one of the directories included a space... Thanks anyway! :)

There's an update to the webgui that will fix that.  Plugins. Check for updates.  Dynamix webui. Install

Hi,

Thanks.

There's an update to the webgui that will fix that.  Plugins. Check for updates.  Dynamix webui. Install

Thanks.

I tried to run this container and must be doing something wrong.  Here is what I get in the log that looks like the problem

2016-04-01 19:39:30,551 DEBG 'start' stderr output:

chmod: cannot access '/config/openvpn/*': No such file or directory

2016-04-01 19:39:30,560 DEBG 'start' stdout output:

[info] VPN provider defined as pia|airvpn|custom

[crit] Missing OpenVPN configuration file in /config/openvpn/ (no files with an ovpn extension exist) please create and restart delugevpn

Here is what I have for my mappings:

/config -> /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/

/data -> /mnt/user/SABnzbd/data/

I can see in the /mnt/user/appdata/SABnzbd/ that an openvpn folder was created, but not /config/openvpn/ that it seems to be looking for.

Would someone please tell me where I am suppose to make the LAN_NETWORK variable change in Unraid?  I can't find it anywhere.

you have to switch on  advanced view at the top of the edit docker screen.  you will then be presented with the additional config items.

Hi team,

I'm looking for any "real" way to verify that the VPN tunnel is exclusively handling Sabnzbd traffic? The Deluge torrent method is a hassle of setting up, and there should really be a built-in means in OpenVPN to see where traffic is going.

For instance, if I check ifconfig I see that eth0 has slightly more bandwidth transferred than tun0. Is that because ifconfig is logging the data on eth0 along with tun0 or is it exclusively going out through tun0?

Also, with my PIA VPN turned on, I get the same connection speed as with it off, which is concerning seeing as there should be some overhead if I am tunneling through the VPN.

-How can I verify the tunnel is "actually" connected and that all Sabnzbd traffic is going through it?

-What is the deal with the readings from ifconfig?

-Why am I getting the same bandwidth with the VPN on as I do off?

-Does Sabnzbd run whether or not a tunnel is established and reachable?

My openvpn.ovpn is attached. (barely modified)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

openvpn.txt

1. The easiest way to check is to setup one of your browsers to use the proxy and open a tab to privateinternetaccess.com and at the top it should read: "Your IP Address: X.X.X.X You are protected by PIA".

2. Using PIA windows client or SABnzbdVPN I get similar bandwidth as I do whether the VPN is used or not.

Hi team,

I'm looking for any "real" way to verify that the VPN tunnel is exclusively handling Sabnzbd traffic? The Deluge torrent method is a hassle of setting up, and there should really be a built-in means in OpenVPN to see where traffic is going.

For instance, if I check ifconfig I see that eth0 has slightly more bandwidth transferred than tun0. Is that because ifconfig is logging the data on eth0 along with tun0 or is it exclusively going out through tun0?

Also, with my PIA VPN turned on, I get the same connection speed as with it off, which is concerning seeing as there should be some overhead if I am tunneling through the VPN.

-How can I verify the tunnel is "actually" connected and that all Sabnzbd traffic is going through it?

-What is the deal with the readings from ifconfig?

-Why am I getting the same bandwidth with the VPN on as I do off?

-Does Sabnzbd run whether or not a tunnel is established and reachable?

My openvpn.ovpn is attached. (barely modified)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

While in SAB you can click the Status tab and then the Dashboard tab and you will see the Public IPv4 Address it is connected with.

Recently I have been unable to remotely connect (outside my LAN) to the webui for both SABnzbdVPM and DelugeVPN. I have gone through my settings and my port forwarding configuration, but cannot see where I am going wrong. Could I please get some assistance? I am still able to remotely connect to other docker webuis such as couchpotato and sickrage and unraid itself...

Recently I have been unable to remotely connect (outside my LAN) to the webui for both SABnzbdVPM and DelugeVPN. I have gone through my settings and my port forwarding configuration, but cannot see where I am going wrong. Could I please get some assistance? I am still able to remotely connect to other docker webuis such as couchpotato and sickrage and unraid itself...

Difficult to say for sure without a log to look at but I would put good money on your issue being the one detailed in FAQ q1 post #2 of this thread.

Difficult to say for sure without a log to look at but I would put good money on your issue being the one detailed in FAQ q1 post #2 of this thread.

I'm sure you are right. The problems happened right about the time I upgraded from 6.1.7. Crap. Any update regarding getting the fix added back into unRaid?