[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

I can't seem to get this version to run.  Docker installs but won't start.  I know there's an issue with the PPA and the auto update but does this affect a first time install?  Does this image need to be rolled back to the previous SABnzbd version?  SabnzbdVPN log is blank and UnRAID log doesn't show any errors.

I'm still not seeing an update available... how did you update?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I didn't actually "update".  I'm coming over from linuxserver.io's docker because I wanted the VPN. I noticed the update issue with my current version so I added the ENV variable ADVANCED_DISABLEUPDATES and it loaded.  When I installed this docker, I tried with and without this variable but still couldn't get it to load.

I can't seem to get this version to run.  Docker installs but won't start.  I know there's an issue with the PPA and the auto update but does this affect a first time install?  Does this image need to be rolled back to the previous SABnzbd version?  SabnzbdVPN log is blank and UnRAID log doesn't show any errors.

I didn't actually "update".  I'm coming over from linuxserver.io's docker because I wanted the VPN. I noticed the update issue with my current version so I added the ENV variable ADVANCED_DISABLEUPDATES and it loaded.  When I installed this docker, I tried with and without this variable but still couldn't get it to load.

This is an unraid bug, left click icon in unraid webui, select edit, change nothing and click save to pull the latest down

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is an unraid bug, left click icon in unraid webui, select edit, change nothing and click save to pull the latest down

I still can't get the docker to start.  Here's my UnRAID log from when I initiate the "start" of the docker:

Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'SABnzbdVPN'
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower kernel: device veth44766e5 entered promiscuous mode
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower kernel: docker0: port 3(veth44766e5) entered forwarding state
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower kernel: docker0: port 3(veth44766e5) entered forwarding state
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower kernel: docker0: port 3(veth44766e5) entered disabled state
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower avahi-daemon[13940]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethd8970f6.
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower avahi-daemon[13940]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth44766e5.
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower kernel: device veth44766e5 left promiscuous mode
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower kernel: docker0: port 3(veth44766e5) entered disabled state

I still can't get the docker to start.  Here's my UnRAID log from when I initiate the "start" of the docker:

Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'SABnzbdVPN'
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower avahi-daemon[13940]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethd8970f6.
Jul 11 09:22:43 Tower avahi-daemon[13940]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth44766e5.

yeah im afraid that doesnt tell me a lot, i need you to post the supervisord.log file located in the /config path on your unraid system.

yeah im afraid that dont tell me a lot, i need you to post the supervisord.log file located in the /config path on your unraid system.

Yeah, that's just it.  My /config directory (/mnt/cache/appdata/SABnzbVPN/) is empty but it shows the docker installed on my docker page?!

yeah im afraid that dont tell me a lot, i need you to post the supervisord.log file located in the /config path on your unraid system.

Yeah, that's just it.  My /config directory (/mnt/cache/appdata/SABnzbVPN/) is empty but it shows the docker installed on my docker page?!

hmm odd, the error must be occuring before supervisor has started, ok try ssh in and type:-

docker logs <name of the container>

paste whatever comes back here.

hmm odd, the error must be occuring before supervisor has started, ok try ssh in and type:-

I changed the name of the docker to SABnzbdVPN and when I type "docker logs SABnzbdVPN" it just brings back the prompt.  Just to confirm the command was working, I tried delugeVPN and got a response.

I changed the name of the docker to SABnzbdVPN and when I type "docker logs SABnzbdVPN" it just brings back the prompt.  Just to confirm the command was working, I tried delugeVPN and got a response.

hmm ok screenshots is all we have then, can you please left click the icon, select edit and then toggle the advanced view option on then take a screenshot (you might want to temporarily remove username and password from the vpn section).

hmm ok screenshots is all we have then, can you please left click the icon, select edit and then toggle the advanced view option on then take a screenshot (you might want to temporarily remove username and password from the vpn section).

Ok, before I do that, I noticed a configuration difference between your SABnzbd docker and linuxserver.io's.  The Privileged checkbox in the advanced view was ticked with the default settings.  If I uncheck this box then the docker starts.  I need to configure all of my variables to see if the gui will start but is this an issue if it solves my problem?

Ok, before I do that, I noticed a configuration difference between your SABnzbd docker and linuxserver.io's.  The Privileged checkbox in the advanced view was ticked with the default settings.  If I uncheck this box then the docker starts.  I need to configure all of my variables to see if the gui will start but is this an issue if it solves my problem?

you will need to have the privileged checkbox ticked for this docker to run, it creates a vpn tunnel adapter which wont happen unless you have that checked, there are a LOT of differences between this one and the linux io one, as this includes a vpn which needs to be configured (see advanced settings).

you will need to have the privileged checkbox ticked for this docker to run, it creates a vpn tunnel adapter which wont happen unless you have that checked, there are a LOT of differences between this one and the linux io one, as this includes a vpn which needs to be configured (see advanced settings).

Ok, the only way I could get the docker to start was to load your default and uncheck Privileged.  Once I updated directories, and ENV variable information, the docker would no longer start with the attached settings.

page1.JPG.44e47449cf0af220ccf4559cae73912d.JPG

page2.JPG.2e9993250d2d9546af10cbaa2283d6fa.JPG

Ok, the only way I could get the docker to start was to load your default and uncheck Privileged.  Once I updated directories, and ENV variable information, the docker would no longer start with the attached settings.

ok two things, firstly are you sure the defined LAN_NETWORK is correct?, as in is your lan network 192.168.1.x ?, secondly check the permissions on the unraid side for /config and /data, your using user nobody group users (99 and 100), which is the standard permissions for unraid, if you have it set to something else then you will need to change the PUID and PGID values.

oh and lastly, make sure you have ALL sabnzbd docker containers stopped, otherwise you will get a port clash

ok two things, firstly are you sure the defined LAN_NETWORK is correct?, as in is your lan network 192.168.1.x ?, secondly check the permissions on the unraid side for /config and /data, your using user nobody group users (99 and 100), which is the standard permissions for unraid, if you have it set to something else then you will need to change the PUID and PGID values.

oh and lastly, make sure you have ALL sabnzbd docker containers stopped, otherwise you will get a port clash

I just went through all of this setting up PIA with your delugeVPN docker and it's working fine with the same settings.  I figured this would be a breeze to setup having gone through a couple issues there (mostly related to updating the dynamix webgui).  Anyway, permissions on both directories is the default (plus I re-ran the permissions tool on my cache drive just to be sure).

One other thing I noticed is that even when I delete the docker plus container iso, when I reinstall, it just pulls 13MB as it thinks the image already exists?!  Finally, just to be clear, I thought the docker would start successfully even if the VPN info wasn't correct and only the webgui would be affected?

One other thing I noticed is that even when I delete the docker plus container iso, when I reinstall, it just pulls 13MB as it thinks the image already exists?!

yep thats normal, the existing layers are from the base image which is common to all my docker images, as well as the openvpn image, which again is common to all the vpn dockers, the 13MB your seeing is the actual size of the difference, the unique layers.

Finally, just to be clear, I thought the docker would start successfully even if the VPN info wasn't correct and only the webgui would be affected?

the docker will attempt to start even with badly configured vpn info, yes, but it wont get too far as it will attempt to create the tunnel and fail, at that point its game over and you will never get passed that point until the issue is resolved (by design). but for some reason your having issues much earlier on, just cant work out what it is.

can you double check you def do not have anything else running on port 8080 or 8090 (not running unmenu are you?)

one last question, and im hoping this isnt the issue, what version of unraid are you running?.

One other thing I noticed is that even when I delete the docker plus container iso, when I reinstall, it just pulls 13MB as it thinks the image already exists?!

yep thats normal, the existing layers are from the base image which is common to all my docker images, as well as the openvpn image, which again is common to all the vpn dockers, the 13MB your seeing is the actual size of the difference, the unique layers.

Finally, just to be clear, I thought the docker would start successfully even if the VPN info wasn't correct and only the webgui would be affected?

the docker will attempt to start even with badly configured vpn info, yes, but it wont get too far as it will attempt to create the tunnel and fail, at that point its game over and you will never get passed that point until the issue is resolved (by design). but for some reason your having issues much earlier on, just cant work out what it is.

can you double check you def do not have anything else running on port 8080 or 8090 (not running unmenu are you?)

one last question, and im hoping this isnt the issue, what version of unraid are you running?.

Ok, I started troubleshooting using your basic template.  On first install, docker won't run. If I uncheck Privileged then it runs. If I add my /config and /data folders (with Privileged unchecked) it again won't run.  All other variables are left as-is with your default template.  I deleted my /config directory and the docker appears to recreate it without issue (although it's empty).  My /data directory is used by several other dockers so I can't see it being an issue but I could be wrong.

I'm using UnRAID 6.1.9.  I did have linuxserver.io's SABnzbd docker running on those ports but I've since deleted that docker and rebooted the server prior to posting my issue today.  No unmenu running.

Ok, I started troubleshooting using your basic template.  On first install, docker won't run. If I uncheck Privileged then it runs. If I add my /config and /data folders (with Privileged unchecked) it again won't run.  All other variables are left as-is with your default template.  I deleted my /config directory and the docker appears to recreate it without issue (although it's empty).  My /data directory is used by several other dockers so I can't see it being an issue but I could be wrong.

I'm using UnRAID 6.1.9.  I did have linuxserver.io's SABnzbd docker running on those ports but I've since deleted that docker and rebooted the server prior to posting my issue today.  No unmenu running.

ok im stumped for now, i will have to rack my brain for any ideas, just to double check i did a clean install here and it started with no issues  :o

ok im stumped for now, i will have to rack my brain for any ideas, just to double check i did a clean install here and it started with no issues  :o

Thanks for checking the clean install.  Are you running 6.1.9 or the 6.2 RC?  The only other thing I've been playing with is the ADVANCED_DISABLEUPDATES ENV variable.  I couldn't get the linuxserver.io docker to load and in that support thread I read about something being broken.  Once I added this variable, the docker would load fine.  I tried the same with your docker but no dice.

Thanks for checking the clean install.  Are you running 6.1.9 or the 6.2 RC?  The only other thing I've been playing with is the ADVANCED_DISABLEUPDATES ENV variable.  I couldn't get the linuxserver.io docker to load and in that support thread I read about something being broken.  Once I added this variable, the docker would load fine.  I tried the same with your docker but no dice.

im running 6.1.9, the ADVANCED_DISABLEUPDATES env var is specific to linuxserver.io docker images, as they auto update on restart, mine dont.

Will there be anything us end users need to do or be aware of in light of PIA's mandatory update of desktop clients and new openvpn config files?

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/21779/we-are-removing-our-russian-presence

PIA users please read

Due to changes in certificates and the increasing of the encryption used you will need to do the following (affects PIA users only):-

1. Go to unraid docker ui, left click sabnzbdvpn icon, and select stop

2. Delete all files in /config/openvpn/ on the host

3. Go to unraid docker ui, left click sabnzbdvpn icon, and select edit

4. Change the port number, normally 1194 to port 1198

5. Ciick save

The action of saving will not only change your config but will force the pulldown of the latest docker image (unraid docker updates bug causes updates not to show).

If anybody is seeing issues please screenshot your edit screen with advanced view switched on, also post the supervisord.log file (located in /config).

im running 6.1.9, the ADVANCED_DISABLEUPDATES env var is specific to linuxserver.io docker images, as they auto update on restart, mine dont.

FWIW, I was able to configure your regular SABnzbd docker and get it to start. Something with the VPN version isn't allowing me to configure it correctly.

Will there be anything us end users need to do or be aware of in light of PIA's mandatory update of desktop clients and new openvpn config files?

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/21779/we-are-removing-our-russian-presence

PIA users please read

Due to changes in certificates and the increasing of the encryption used you will need to do the following (affects PIA users only):-

1. Go to unraid docker ui, left click sabnzbdvpn icon, and select stop

2. Delete all files in /config/openvpn/ on the host

3. Go to unraid docker ui, left click sabnzbdvpn icon, and select edit

4. Change the port number, normally 1194 to port 1198

5. Ciick save

The action of saving will not only change your config but will force the pulldown of the latest docker image (unraid docker updates bug causes updates not to show).

If anybody is seeing issues please screenshot your edit screen with advanced view switched on, also post the supervisord.log file (located in /config).

Looks like the rsa-4096.crt key file for their manual strong encryption option (AES-256/SHA-256/RSA-4096) has not changed with this announcement, FWIW.  They have supported the stronger encyrption in a manual config since PIA released the info on their forums in December 2015, looks like they just have not made it readily available as a standard option on their support page until now.

canvasing for interest, who would like to see an option adding to allow users to decide whether they wanted to use the default encryption (currently selected) or the stronger encryption type, its a bit of work, wont bother if its not required.

canvasing for interest, who would like to see an option adding to allow users to decide whether they wanted to use the default encryption (currently selected) or the stronger encryption type, its a bit of work, wont bother if its not required.

I have some interest if I can ever get this docker to start!  ;)  Seriously though, I'd like it and in particular with deluge.  Thanks.

me, so long as it's not rocket science