[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

15 hours ago, net2wire said:

After an update I experienced the same issue. Deleting docker image and reinstalling does not correct the error.

the error, whilst annoying, is harmless, there is a github issue raised for it, looks like the devs currently arent going to do anything about it at the mo:- https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/issues/853

might be worth trying this (posted in the github issue as a workaround):-

I stopped SABnzbd, (re)moved server.cert/.key, restarted SABnzbd, activated HTTPS, restarted SAB, and it did start both on HTTP and HTTPS (both working). So: new key pair solves it.

FWIW: there is now a (minor?) traceback error: [Errno 0] Error, which again goes away after disabling HTTPS. Maybe a problem with the very new "OpenSSL 1.1.0e"?

Edited by binhex

I followed the instructions in the GitHub thread and am back up and running now. Delete the following files:

/mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbdvpn/admin/server.cert

/mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbdvpn/admin/server.key

And restart sabnzbdvpn. These files will be regenerated automatically on reboot and fixes the issue.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, nedomination12 said:

I followed the instructions in the GitHub thread and am back up and running now. Delete the following files:

And restart sabnzbdvpn. These files will be regenerated automatically on reboot and fixes the issue.

Awesome!  Thanks mate.  I have been struggling all day and this solved my issue.

16 hours ago, nedomination12 said:

Thanks!  Worked for me also.

[10/May/2017:07:50:02] ENGINE Error in HTTPServer.tick
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2024, in start
    self.tick()
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2091, in tick
    s, ssl_env = self.ssl_adapter.wrap(s)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 67, in wrap
    server_side=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 363, in wrap_socket
    _context=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 611, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 840, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
error: [Errno 0] Error

Unfortunately deleting the cert and key files, rebooting sabnzb doesnt help for me.

The files do recreate but same error in GUI. 

49 minutes ago, raidserver said:

[10/May/2017:07:50:02] ENGINE Error in HTTPServer.tick
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2024, in start
    self.tick()
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 2091, in tick
    s, ssl_env = self.ssl_adapter.wrap(s)
  File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 67, in wrap
    server_side=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 363, in wrap_socket
    _context=self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 611, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 840, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
error: [Errno 0] Error

Unfortunately deleting the cert and key files, rebooting sabnzb doesnt help for me.

The files do recreate but same error in GUI. 

Yep: I too have this error, even after deleting the cert and key files and restarting the docker.

I see, though, from the link at the top of this page, that it might be something upstream. So we should just wait, yes?

Edited by jademonkee

almost every nzb i send to SAB now tells me it's an invalid/empty nzb, but they seem to be working.

I'm also getting terrible speeds after updating to the latest docker.  I just ran a speed test and got about 30MB download speeds.  I started SAB and am getting about 2MB/s download right now.

Here are images showing the speed test before turning on SAB, the first about 6 minutes of SAB starting to work, with the average speed I'm downloading at, and the speed test I ran while SAB was still downloading, showing there's still another nearly 30MB/s available while SAB is downloading.

Is it just my PIA server choice, or have I got something else going on?

I don't really expect SAB to saturate the connection, but I'd like to get better than 10% utilization of my bandwith.

ideas?

sab.jpg

exede.jpg

8 minutes ago, JustinChase said:

I started SAB and am getting about 2MB/s download right now.

Im not sure exactly where your seeing this shown but if its in the SABnzbd webui then (from memory i think) you are looking at a value in Bytes NOT bits, note the bold characters, your second screenshot shows your speed is 30 Mbps (small b, as in bits) thus in order to convert it into Bytes you need to divide by 8:-

30 Mbps / 8 = 3.75 MB/s (theoretical max).

Thus with tcp/ip overhead and encryption etc 2MB/s is not too bad, you might be able to achieve 2.5 MB/s perhaps a tad more but that would be getting close to the limit i would expect, are you sure you have seen higher speeds previously?.

12 minutes ago, JustinChase said:

almost every nzb i send to SAB now tells me it's an invalid/empty nzb, but they seem to be working.

I'm also getting terrible speeds after updating to the latest docker.  I just ran a speed test and got about 30MB download speeds.  I started SAB and am getting about 2MB/s download right now.

Here are images showing the speed test before turning on SAB, the first about 6 minutes of SAB starting to work, with the average speed I'm downloading at, and the speed test I ran while SAB was still downloading, showing there's still another nearly 30MB/s available while SAB is downloading.

Is it just my PIA server choice, or have I got something else going on?

I don't really expect SAB to saturate the connection, but I'd like to get better than 10% utilization of my bandwith.

ideas?

sab.jpg

exede.jpg

Your download test returned a result of 30 megabits per second, not megabytes per second. 

30 megabits per second is 3.75 MB per second. Running behind a VPN, 3MB/s is not a bad difference in speed, as there is a lot of overhead in encryption. 

For instance, I can download at about 9 MB/s unencrypted, but only about 6MB/s over a VPN. 

Ah, I just re-read and realised that you ran the speed test while SAB was downloading. 

Yeah, perhaps try a different server. Connect your desktop machine to PIA and run a speedtest to see what speeds you should expect from Usenet via PIA. If you have a full-bandwidth Usenet plan, there's no reason to think that it should be slower than what you can get from a speedtest via the PIA VPN.

if this puts Sab behind the VPN, would that still mean other apps working alongside Sab such as sickrage wouldnt be behind the vpn when searching?

Correct unless you configure privoxy, see my SIG links for details

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

Hi,

I have both SabVPN running perfect..   To direct traffic from sickragen via sabVPN Privoxy do i simply change the network TYPE to host and 8118 in the Host Port 1?

No. In sickrage's advanced settings you put the sabvpn privoxy IP:Port in the proxy host field.

13 hours ago, raidserver said:

Can someone please look over my supervisorlog for anything i could have overlooked?

No GUI with VPN enabled.

possibly this is preventing it starting? [warn] Username contains characters which could cause authentication issues, please consider changing this if possible

Thanks

supervisord.log

you have define this:-

VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'custom'

VPN_OPTIONS is a way to specify additional command line options you want to pass to openvpn, adding an option of string 'custom' is not going to make it happy :-), please remove it.

Edited by binhex
4 hours ago, binhex said:

you have define this:-

VPN_OPTIONS is a way to specify additional command line options you want to pass to openvpn, adding an option of string 'custom' is not going to make it happy :-), please remove it.

Thank you for looking into this for me binhex. Unfortunately its still not connecting. Maybe iam outta luck with my currant provider. Could it possibly be an issue with the location of the certificate file from my provider? The .ovpn file and .crt work fine in other linux OS. I have them in the ovpn folder named as requested by my provider.

Edited by raidserver