[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

thanks again Binhex for all the support you provide, i certainly do appreciate it.  I figured i was probably working from an old template, which is why I just nuked the whole thing, including the previously installed apps in community applications, and tried to start as 'from scratch' as I could.  When i first did this, there was a variable in the template where I could just enter the server I wanted and that just worked.  I don't remember ever needing to download the openvpn file, but it's very possible I just don't remember doing it.

I understand you can only make it so foolproof, but us fools will get you, no matter what you try.  I wasn't trying to imply that you don't or aren't, sorry if it seemed that way.

I deleted all but the montreat ovpn file and 3 other not-ovpn files and its working now.

thanks for your help

On 20/04/2018 at 10:15 PM, JustinChase said:

I figured i was probably working from an old template, which is why I just nuked the whole thing, including the previously installed apps in community applications, and tried to start as 'from scratch' as I could.  When i first did this, there was a variable in the template where I could just enter the server I wanted

if you are still seeing a env var for the vpn endpoint then you are still using the old template, so you would need to Add container, select template you want to delete, after selection a red circle with a cross shows up next to the template name click on it to delete the template, once you have done this then re-add it using CA and you will then get the correct template downloaded, just to show you what it should look like, see here for the raw xml:-

https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/blob/master/binhex/sabnzbdvpn.xml

I don't remember ever needing to download the openvpn file,

this was a change made quite a while ago (over a year i think), as i mentioned earlier PIA made some changes that screwed me over so i took the decision at that point to not embed the ovpn files in the image, so yes it used to be the case that you didn't have to download the ovpn files for pia, but you do now.

I wasn't trying to imply that you don't or aren't, sorry if it seemed that way.

no need to apologise, all feedback is good, i will be trying to include some more descriptive comments for each field in the template, probably with a big fat warning for VPN_OPTIONS as you aren't the first and def wont be the last to think this has something to do with the endpoint you want to connect to.

Hey guys,

I had a lot of trouble getting this up and running and found out that it was due to some network firewall rules I have in place. I saw from the logs that openvpn was connecting fine and it said that the application had been started but I could not connect. I found after playing around for a few hours that it is my firewall rule that blocks my VLANs from communicating with each other. The rule is explained in greater detail here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010254227-UniFi-How-to-Disable-InterVLAN-Routing-on-the-UniFi-USG#option 2. I gave this docker (as all my other dockers) it's own IP address and specified the correct LAN_NETWORK. But with this rule enabled, I'm not able to access the docker, eg. services such as Radarr can not use the api to access Sabnzbd.

What I'm confused by, and I'm guessing has to do with the IP Rules set up in the container, is why the IP address I'm talking to, contained within the LAN_NETWORK is being changed. I can't see anything obvious from the network logs in the browser about the IP changing and a little stumped on what's going on here. I can't completely remove the rule for security reasons, but may be able to craft some rules before it that allow this traffic if I understood better what was going on. Thanks for the help guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having lots of issues with renaming/moving completed downloads now.

I suspect I've not gotten the new SAB install finished correctly, since I dont' think I've changed Sonarr lately, and this all started after I had to reinstall SAB.

Now, after downloading an nzb, SAB shows it's completed, no errors.  Sonarr shows the show still in the download queue as if it's still downloading.  I can live with this, but I'm also seeing garbage names of files, and they are not being moved to the correct location any longer.  I've gone thru and checked all the settings I can think of related to this, and all seems well.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, or has an idea where to try to resolve this, but I'm stuck and frustrated at this point.

Here is a shot showing the completed downloads in SAB...

841728843_SABcomplete.thumb.jpg.2b5d73d6b477c01e76beaf8d22605e87.jpg

Here are my SAB settings that I think relate to this.  I also have all 3 sorting options unchecked, so SAB should not be touching these.

634543591_sabswitches.thumb.jpg.80599c526d5bf61ef6777c8f93f6580e.jpg

1752328018_sabcategories.thumb.jpg.96e624ab79827f613801896da76fbab6.jpg

1046611036_SABcompletefolder.thumb.jpg.400d6d1944f6fdf2c1eab89f80b39289.jpg

Here is a shot of a bunch of new Game of Thrones downloads that recently finished, notice the names of the files

renamed.thumb.jpg.3a1dbd329592a979c005ccd820d2ea6a.jpg

And another screenshot showing the folder location it was moved to...

got.thumb.jpg.b66c83ef6a2928697fd9767d0ba7e894.jpg

Here are my Sonarr renaming settings (which still seem to work just fine for Deluge)...

1122364569_sonarrrenaming.thumb.jpg.b45755bf18720c0cfb32788606db451a.jpg

Here are the completed NZB files as they display in Sonarr as unfinished...

sonarr completed.jpg

Edited by JustinChase
clean up pics

Thank you binhex!  I really do appreciate your help with everything.  Sorry I didn't check the FAQ first, a normal search didn't help.  I'll check the FAQ first next time.

I've updated all containers to match up all paths, and the settings inside all the dockers to match the updates, so I assume I should be good now/again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to work out how Sab and Sonarr/Radarr work together.

From what I gather:

Sonarr searches for and then sends nzb's to Sab.

Sab downloads the file (or tells sonarr that it has failed). If it downloaded, Sab tells Sonarr that it's been downloaded, passing a filename back to Sonarr.

Sonarr then grabs the file from the "/data" directory, and moves it to the "/media/<show>" folder that was selected when the show was first added to Sonarr.

Is this correct?

I'm looking through the settings in Sonarr, and I can't see where "/data" gets set in the Sonarr UI? Is it automaticly set?

Configuration
/config This is where sonarr will store it's configuration file, database and logs.
/data This path is used retrieve the downloaded files by your downloader application.
/media This is where sonarr will scan for media files.

Edited by jj_uk
1 hour ago, jj_uk said:

I'm looking through the settings in Sonarr, and I can't see where "/data" gets set in the Sonarr UI? Is it automaticly set?

Configuration
/config This is where sonarr will store it's configuration file, database and logs.
/data This path is used retrieve the downloaded files by your downloader application.
/media This is where sonarr will scan for media files.

Sonaar uses the SAB API to to control SAB. SAB tells Sonaar what the directory is where the file was downloaded. This means the mapping in Sonaar for the download location must be exactly the same as SAB on both sides.  For example, SAB has this mapped - /downloads On the docker container side to /mnt/user/Downloads/ On the host (unRAID) side.  You must map both in the Sonaar docker the exact same.  Using /data would be useless so you'd edit or delete it to create your own using /downloads instead.

I am having a problem over the last two weeks with SAB "Cannot read Watched Folder /data/watch"

The was working for roughly the last 6 months, but not recently. I have completely removed SAB and reinstalled and the issue came back. If I restart SAB in UnRAID everything will work correctly for a couple of hours. What am I missing?

I do not see anything in the logs.

Edited by strahd_zarovich
Removed a bunch of spaces
8 hours ago, strahd_zarovich said:

I am having a problem over the last two weeks with SAB "Cannot read Watched Folder /data/watch"

The was working for roughly the last 6 months, but not recently. I have completely removed SAB and reinstalled and the issue came back. If I restart SAB in UnRAID everything will work correctly for a couple of hours. What am I missing?

I do not see anything in the logs.

can you go to unraid web ui, docker tab then left click and edit this container, then switch on "advanced view" and then screenshot the entire config and post it here.

Getting the SAB error: socket.error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Using Mylar & Sab, getting the following error when trying to use post-processing script:

Loading config from /config/scripts/autoProcessComics.cfg
File "/config/scripts/ComicRN.py", line 22, in <module>
sys.exit(autoProcessComics.processIssue(sys.argv[1], sys.argv[3], sys.argv[7], comicrn_version=comicrn_version))
File "/config/scripts/autoProcessComics.py", line 90, in processIssue
result = urlObj.readlines()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 519, in readlines
line = self.readline()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 434, in readline
data = recv(1)
socket.error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Previously, I was getting an error: /usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory 

But fixed in prior comments to change from #!/usr/bin/env python to #!/user/bin/env python2 in the ComicRN.py file

Thanks,

Russ

First of all, let me say thanks for everything you've done for the Unraid community!  Absolutely love your products! 

I'm a newbie, so take it easy on me :)

1. Is there a way to test the vpn connection, to make sure it is indeed working correctly?  I have Sonarr, Lidarr, and Radarr proxy'd through this app, and want to cover my bases. 

2. What about a vpn kill switch in case the connection drops?

3 hours ago, columbuscoltsfan said:

First of all, let me say thanks for everything you've done for the Unraid community!  Absolutely love your products! 

1. Is there a way to test the vpn connection, to make sure it is indeed working correctly?  I have Sonarr, Lidarr, and Radarr proxy'd through this app, and want to cover my bases. 

Have a read here, and see if it answers your questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried to create the docker, but get the next errors in the log (part of log):

chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/tools': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                  
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util/__init__.py': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                       
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util/apireg.py': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                         
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util/mailslot.py': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                       
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/util': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                   
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd/x-nzb.xml': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                              
chown: changing ownership of '/opt/sabnzbd': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                        
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/getvpnextip.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                         
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/getvpnip.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                            
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/getvpnport.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                          
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/privoxy.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                             
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody/sabnzbd.sh': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                             
chown: changing ownership of '/home/nobody': Operation not permitted  

I think the problem is the sabnzbd directory is not created: sabnzbd not installed in in the docker.

I used

-e UMASK=000 \
    -e PUID=0 \
    -e PGID=0 \

I created a user 'nobody' with admin right to test if this would work.

I thought Sabnzbd would be in the image installed.

Anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

For the life of me i cant figure this out... When i install this docker it installs the download directory to where the /config which is in the appdata folder... this would be acceptable if i could get the files to move afterwards to the proper folder with sonarr

30 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Set the downloads dir like this:

/downloads <-> /mnt/user/<some>/<folder>/

Then in sonarr set the same.

/downloads <-> /mnt/user/<some>/<folder>/

That's in the docker setup. After you do that, you need to go into SAB and set the download location to /downloads, assuming you set the docker container path there. You can set categories to /downloads/tv or whatever, as long as the base is /downloads.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:20 AM, columbuscoltsfan said:

On 6/13/2018 at 6:53 AM, jonathanm said:

Have a read here, and see if it answers your questions.

I have similar concerns as well. I read over the FAQ and it didn't seem to mention any way to confirm the other containers were being routed through Privoxy.

I set my containers up as shown in @gridrunner's guide here - "How to use Privoxy with VPN for Ultimate Privacy when using Media Collection Apps"

I SSH'd into the UnRaid server and opened a bash shell in the docker container for SABNZBD and ran "curl icanhazip.com". This returned the VPN issued IP. Doing the same thing for any of the other containers with proxies pointing to Privoxy shows the ISP issued IP. The website, http://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/ also seems to see that I'm picking up files that should be behind the VPN/Privoxy.

To clarify, the VPN linked to SABnzbdVPN appears to be working just fine, but applications like Sonarr, Radarr, and Deluge seem to be ignoring their proxy settings. I have no issues connecting to their WebGUIs.

I'm not sure what log files should be posted to help out with this.

Edited by Aranethon

In sab,  click on the spanner icon. Your ip address is shown on the popup. If it's the same as your ip in your Internet browser, sab's not using the vpn.

Privoxy doesn't request via vpn. It uses ssl to the proxy web service.

Edited by jj_uk
12 hours ago, Aranethon said:

I have similar concerns as well. I read over the FAQ and it didn't seem to mention any way to confirm the other containers were being routed through Privoxy.

I set my containers up as shown in @gridrunner's guide here - "How to use Privoxy with VPN for Ultimate Privacy when using Media Collection Apps"

I SSH'd into the UnRaid server and opened a bash shell in the docker container for SABNZBD and ran "curl icanhazip.com". This returned the VPN issued IP. Doing the same thing for any of the other containers with proxies pointing to Privoxy shows the ISP issued IP. The website, http://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/ also seems to see that I'm picking up files that should be behind the VPN/Privoxy.

To clarify, the VPN linked to SABnzbdVPN appears to be working just fine, but applications like Sonarr, Radarr, and Deluge seem to be ignoring their proxy settings. I have no issues connecting to their WebGUIs.

I'm not sure what log files should be posted to help out with this.

Hi @AranethonIf you want to download torrents then use delugevpn. Trying to use proxy via privoxy through the sabvpn will not work for deluge as far as i know but @binhex will know for sure.

Using the privoxy for use with  sonarr  and the other 'arrs' will work fine. 

If you access the container for sonarr etc and run "curl icanhazip.com" it will not return the vpn ip. This is expected. This is because you are running this from the base image and not from within the app itself (sonarr , radarr). These are configured to use proxy within the app itself and not the container.

To check all is working then enable the proxy in sonarr point to sabvpn/deluge and do a manual search. You will find results. Shut down the sabvpn/delugevpn whichever you are using then try a search again. Nothing will show.