[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

8 minutes ago, rguinn said:

Nope. Want me to delete the docker and config folder see what a new install looks like 

tbh if you have renamed the folder then you will have a clean install, ok left click the icon and select console and then copy and paste the following into the console window:-

/usr/sbin/python2 /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080 --https 8090

paste the output here, im hoping for some info as to why its not starting.

edit - sorry should drop the --daemon flag so we can see the output

Edited by binhex
4 minutes ago, binhex said:

tbh if you have renamed the folder then you will have a clean install, ok left click the icon and select console and then copy and paste the following into the console window:-

/usr/sbin/python2 /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py --daemon --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080 --https 8090

paste the output here, im hoping for some info as to why its not starting.

did I do it wrong this was what I got 

sh-5.0# /usr/sbin/python2 /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py --daemon --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080 --https 8090
sh-5.0#

Just now, rguinn said:

Same 

sh-5.0# /usr/sbin/python2 /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080 --https 8090
sh-5.0#

hmm ok well in that case it looks like its started successfully, what is the url you are using to connect to the web ui?

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

hmm ok well in that case it looks like its started successfully, what is the url you are using to connect to the web ui?

It does not load but as I may have mention I have 2 server so I deleted the /config folder and rebuilt it on there server and its working. Here is that log. The only difference I can see between these 2 server is the IP's

BadWolf (Working) 172.16.5.x

Dalek (Not Woking) 172.16.4.x 

supervisord (BADWOLF).log

2 minutes ago, rguinn said:

It does not load but as I may have mention I have 2 server so I deleted the /config folder and rebuilt it on there server and its working. Here is that log. The only difference I can see between these 2 server is the IP's

BadWolf (Working) 172.16.5.x

Dalek (Not Woking) 172.16.4.x 

supervisord (BADWOLF).log

And this

insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

BadWolf does not have that error 

Just now, rguinn said:

And this

insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

BadWolf does not have that error 

yeah i noticed iptable_mangle is present on the working system, different versions of unraid perhaps? can you make sure you are using the latest image on the non working system, try a force update.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

yeah i noticed iptable_mangle is present on the working system, different versions of unraid perhaps? can you make sure you are using the latest image on the non working system, try a force update.

Both Running 6.6.7 2019-02-22 

I was planing on upgrading Dalek to the current RC 

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

Haha you meant the docker image my bad

7 minutes ago, rguinn said:

Also updating the server to 6.7.0 RC7 made no change. Can you think of anything else before I Nuke the server 

just to be sure, delete the config folder (i dont know if you did this in this step "So I deleted the docker and image and recreated it") and then copy the ovpn file from your working server to /config/openvpn/ and then start the container, if that doesnt work then im out of ideas for now.

I deleted the docker and image then delete the /config folder. 

Then rebooted host 

reinstall docker from CA not using template. And used the same settings. 

But it I still have the same error. 

Then upgraded to RC and redid the steps above same issue 

3 minutes ago, rguinn said:

I deleted the docker and image then delete the /config folder. 

Then rebooted host 

reinstall docker from CA not using template. And used the same settings. 

But it I still have the same error. 

Then upgraded to RC and redid the steps above same issue 

I going to try moving the config folder from the working to the non working and start the docker to see what that does. 

On 4/20/2019 at 5:21 AM, binhex said:

I would guess whatever is classifying your traffic as OpenVPN failed to detect it correctly, possibly triggered by VPN switching endpoint, confident it isn't a leak.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Thank you Bin.  I've enabled the embedded VPN again and set Radar and Sonar with Privoxy.  Appreciate the amount of time you spend supporting users!  

I've been running sabnzbdvpn successfully for some time now, my topspeed while downloading with openvpn enabled in the docker, was about 10MB/s. Few weeks ago i've replaced my old router with PFSense, running on an UNRAID VM, and i configured openvpn there, so that every connection within my network, now runs over the vpn by default. So i have no need for the vpn in sabnzbdvpn anymore, so i disabled it in the docker config (VPN_ENABLED=no).

But now i notice that when i'm downloading, the download speed has tripled, from 10MB/s to almost 30MB/s... and yes, it is over vpn. How is it that openvpn within the docker is so much slower then the same openvpn within PFSense? Both are running on the same hardware...?

Edited by jowi
20 hours ago, jowi said:

Few weeks ago i've replaced my old router with PFSense

that will most probably be why, user grade routers (and even small business class routers) are crap, pfsense will give you significantly better throughput, i bet if you were to re-enable the container you would find it would perform just as well.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

that will most probably be why, user grade routers (and even small business class routers) are crap, pfsense will give you significantly better throughput, i bet if you were to re-enable the container you would find it would perform just as well.

I don't think i made myself clear...

In both cases, i'm using pfsense on unraid.... so i'm not talking about the performance of the netgear router, purely the performance of sabnzbdvpn with it's vpn enabled, and sabnzbdvpn with it's vpn disabled, but openvpn on pfsense... so:

1. pfsense NO openvpn - sabnzbdvpn docker with vpn ENABLED: 10MB/s download speed

2. pfsense WITH openvpn enabled - sabnzbdvpn docker with vpn DISABLED: 30MB/s

14 hours ago, jowi said:

pfsense WITH openvpn enabled - sabnzbdvpn docker with vpn DISABLED: 30MB/s

are you using the exact same ovpn config file in both cases?, as in for pfense and for the container? connecting to different endpoints or using different ciphers can make a difference, take a look at Q6. from the following link, the GCM part might be of interest:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

I saw there was an update today so i updated.

Now Radarr and Sonarr cannot connect to SAB, I have ran the same configuration for more then a year and never had this problem.

Any ideas what i might check?

Here are logs if this might help

2019-05-03 20:00:13,740 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start SABnzbd...

2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 DEBG fd 17 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666760 for <Subprocess at 22497825703192 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 DEBG fd 21 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666688 for <Subprocess at 22497825703192 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 INFO exited: privoxy-script (exit status 0; expected)
2019-05-03 20:00:13,772 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-05-03 20:00:43,694 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for SABnzbd process to start aborted, too many retries
[warn] Showing output from command before exit...

2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825669064 for <Subprocess at 22497825702040 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666832 for <Subprocess at 22497825702040 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 INFO exited: watchdog-script (exit status 1; not expected)
2019-05-03 20:00:44,369 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

Edited by Viperkc