[Support] binhex - SABnzbdVPN

1 hour ago, Viperkc said:

I saw there was an update today so i updated.

Now Radarr and Sonarr cannot connect to SAB, I have ran the same configuration for more then a year and never had this problem.

Any ideas what i might check?

Here are logs if this might help

2019-05-03 20:00:13,740 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start SABnzbd...

2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 DEBG fd 17 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666760 for <Subprocess at 22497825703192 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 DEBG fd 21 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666688 for <Subprocess at 22497825703192 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 INFO exited: privoxy-script (exit status 0; expected)
2019-05-03 20:00:13,772 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-05-03 20:00:43,694 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for SABnzbd process to start aborted, too many retries
[warn] Showing output from command before exit...

2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825669064 for <Subprocess at 22497825702040 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666832 for <Subprocess at 22497825702040 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 INFO exited: watchdog-script (exit status 1; not expected)
2019-05-03 20:00:44,369 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

I seem to be getting the same errors... IM able to connected to it without the VPN. SAB is able to still download just nothing is getting thou the via the proxy address provided in the setup.

2 hours ago, Viperkc said:

I saw there was an update today so i updated.

Now Radarr and Sonarr cannot connect to SAB, I have ran the same configuration for more then a year and never had this problem.

Any ideas what i might check?

Here are logs if this might help

2019-05-03 20:00:13,740 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start SABnzbd...

2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 DEBG fd 17 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666760 for <Subprocess at 22497825703192 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 DEBG fd 21 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666688 for <Subprocess at 22497825703192 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-03 20:00:13,771 INFO exited: privoxy-script (exit status 0; expected)
2019-05-03 20:00:13,772 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-05-03 20:00:43,694 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for SABnzbd process to start aborted, too many retries
[warn] Showing output from command before exit...

2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825669064 for <Subprocess at 22497825702040 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22497825666832 for <Subprocess at 22497825702040 with name watchdog-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-05-03 20:00:44,368 INFO exited: watchdog-script (exit status 1; not expected)
2019-05-03 20:00:44,369 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

I'm having the exact same issue.  Literally, binhex-SABnzbvpn, binhex-NZBHydra2, and binhex-sonarr were working fine.  After I updated SAB this afternoon, same message as above and no communication between Hydra2, Sonarr, and SAB.  I did not make any configuration changes.  And I checked all settings in each app to confirm.

3 hours ago, jowi said:

Which update do you guys have issues with? I'm at sabnzbdvpn 2.3.8 [0dd1f64] updated yesterday, no issues at all.

That version is the working version. If you updated yesterday you would be on 2.3.8 (daf9f50) 

This is the version we had problems with.

I reverted back to 0dd1f64 and it works fine.

Edited by Viperkc
58 minutes ago, beaverly72 said:

I hate to ask...can anyone let me know how to rollback. New to this and I don’t see a version key pointing to latest.  I would attempt to append to the repo url, but not quite sure what I would use for the version?

Edit the container and paste this under repository:  binhex/arch-sabnzbdvpn:2.3.8-1-01

When he announces the fix for be sure to change it back to binhex/arch-sabnzbdvpn

This way you get furture updates

• Like 3

ok guys, spotted the issue. it was a legacy bug that the additional logging picked up causing the exit of sabnzbd (even though it was running). sadly i cannot currently build a new image with the fix as docker hub is currently in maintenance mode and looks like it wont back online for approx another 8 hours, so i will have to press the button in the morning.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Viperkc said:

Edit the container and paste this under repository:  binhex/arch-sabnzbdvpn:2.3.8-1-01

When he announces the fix for be sure to change it back to binhex/arch-sabnzbdvpn

This way you get furture updates

Thanks that worked, but very finicky. If I just updated the container it would fail and break.  This would orphan the container and require me to download sabnzbd again.  Only if I inserted that string during install would it work.  Unfortunately this would cause me to configure all of my settings again. Not a huge deal, but I am assuming that’s not how it went for everyone.

SABnzbd version 2.3.8 [0dd1f64].  Using the Servers tab in the UI, I tried to update the password for one of my servers, but the change wouldn't save.  I tried deleting the server so I could re-add, but I was also unable to delete the server.  I was also unsuccessful in clearing the counters via the UI.  I managed to make the password change by directly editing the .ini file, so all is good, but has anyone else had issues like this with the UI?

9 minutes ago, beverage said:

SABnzbd version 2.3.8 [0dd1f64].  Using the Servers tab in the UI, I tried to update the password for one of my servers, but the change wouldn't save.  I tried deleting the server so I could re-add, but I was also unable to delete the server.  I was also unsuccessful in clearing the counters via the UI.  I managed to make the password change by directly editing the .ini file, so all is good, but has anyone else had issues like this with the UI?

Yes!

I specifically encountered this issue when trying to "Test" the Server Downloaders"  and even the categories had a problem.  Based on what I could see, Google Chrome was causing the fields to somehow mismatch which resulted in saving the wrong field data to the wrong fields.  As a result, the save would fail because the data it was trying to put into the fields was "Illegal"  I speculated that it might have to do with autofill/remembered data.

When I logged in with Microsoft Edge and did the same activities it worked as expected.  I had a similar experience with the Sonarr/Radarr webui's as well.

18 minutes ago, BeerEngineer said:

Yes!

I specifically encountered this issue when trying to "Test" the Server Downloaders"  and even the categories had a problem.  Based on what I could see, Google Chrome was causing the fields to somehow mismatch which resulted in saving the wrong field data to the wrong fields.  As a result, the save would fail because the data it was trying to put into the fields was "Illegal"  I speculated that it might have to do with autofill/remembered data.

When I logged in with Microsoft Edge and did the same activities it worked as expected.  I had a similar experience with the Sonarr/Radarr webui's as well.

Didn't think about the browser, but just tried with Firefox (which is what I use 99% of the time) and the UI seems to work fine.  I must have been using Chrome yesterday.

Hello,

I'm having the same issue mentioned earlier in this thread where I can not access my mail server from SAB while the VPN is enabled. I run my own mail server, but I think my hosting provider may be blocking traffic. I'm waiting for confirmation on that. 

In the meantime, I'm wondering if it would be possible to add something to the docker config or OVPN file that would just not tunnel the traffic to my mail server over the VPN?

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to use "binhex sabnzbdvpn" and "binhex delugevpn" at the same time?  I ask because it seems like there would be a problem with two VPN connections on on computer at the same time?  Is there a way for one docker to use the VPN service from the other?

Thanks as always,

craigr

16 minutes ago, craigr said:

I ask because it seems like there would be a problem with two VPN connections on on computer at the same time?  Is there a way for one docker to use the VPN service from the other?

As long as your VPN provider allows multiple logins it will work fine. Most VPN services do. There is no way to route anything but web proxy information using privoxy through binhex's dockers. You can't proxy usenet downloads through privoxy AFAIK.

However...

I see very little use for VPN with usenet, for a couple reasons. If any of the following assumptions aren't true, you may have a need for VPN for usenet, but I doubt it.

1. You are paying a subscription fee to your usenet provider. They know who you are and what you download, a VPN won't hide that.

2. You use secure encrypted ports to connect to your usenet provider, so the traffic en-route is not parseable anyway, only the fact that you are connected to that specific usenet provider. A VPN would obfuscate that single fact, but the amount of traffic would be mostly the same.

So. the only thing your ISP would be unable to detect with a VPN is the endpoint of the traffic, the amount is still the same. They can't see what's being transmitted, only the usenet provider can see that, and they can see it anyway regardless of VPN.

Torrents are a whole different ballgame, VPN is pretty much a necessity for torrents.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

As long as your VPN provider allows multiple logins it will work fine. Most VPN services do. There is no way to route anything but web proxy information using privoxy through binhex's dockers. You can't proxy usenet downloads through privoxy AFAIK.

However...

I see very little use for VPN with usenet, for a couple reasons. If any of the following assumptions aren't true, you may have a need for VPN for usenet, but I doubt it.

1. You are paying a subscription fee to your usenet provider. They know who you are and what you download, a VPN won't hide that.

2. You use secure encrypted ports to connect to your usenet provider, so the traffic en-route is not parseable anyway, only the fact that you are connected to that specific usenet provider. A VPN would obfuscate that single fact, but the amount of traffic would be mostly the same.

So. the only thing your ISP would be unable to detect with a VPN is the endpoint of the traffic, the amount is still the same. They can't see what's being transmitted, only the usenet provider can see that, and they can see it anyway regardless of VPN.

Torrents are a whole different ballgame, VPN is pretty much a necessity for torrents.

Spot on comment

Hi,

I'm running SABnzbdVPN without issues. However, when using NZBHydra, I am unable to add SABnzbdVPN as a Downloader. I receive the following error message, "The connection to the downloader failed: SABnzbd is not responding." Any thoughts on how to get this working?